• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Atheist Asks A Christian, Kent Hovind Where Did God Come From??

Not sure why this is so hard for you to follow.

Faith in God is required since (while we may see evidence of His existense) we have not as of yet seen God.
Faith in the Origins theory of the big bang requires faith, since no one can answer where the materials and energy source required for the big bang came from.

IMHO, the (latest?) Big Bang occurred following the (latest?) big shrink (collapse?) allowing for the possibility (probability?) that time, matter and energy have always existed.

IMHO, the (latest?) Big Bang occurred following the (latest?) big shrink (collapse?) allowing for the possibility (probability?) that time, matter and energy have always existed.
Theres all kinds of fun theories about that...including the potential overlap in universes where people we would call 'aliens' actually visited Earth, created the pyramids and other ancient temples (because there is no scientific explanation for how people did some of the things they did back then even with TODAYS technology)....and it would actually speak to the persons comments in the OP that God transcends time space and matter.

Theres all kinds of fun theories about that...including the potential overlap in universes where people we would call 'aliens' actually visited Earth, created the pyramids and other ancient temples (because there is no scientific explanation for how people did some of the things they did back then even with TODAYS technology)....and it would actually speak to the persons comments in the OP that God transcends time space and matter.

Yep, but the existence of time, matter and energy doesn‘t support any particular theory (or belief) of how they came to exist.

Pretty easy to believe the Big Bang if you believe that God created the Big Bang. Otherwise, what created the Bang? Ye of little or no faith.

What things haven't been explained?

Yep, but the existence of time, matter and energy doesn‘t support any particular theory (or belief) of how they came to exist.
Right. And frankly, I dont expect that to be answered in my lifetime...so...I dont really fret too much about it.

None of this stuff is very complicated. I have studied lots of different religions. I study science. I have a faith based belief system but completely understand agnostics who dont. I try to live my life as a good man. I dont do it out of fear of God, but rather because of the values I have chosen to adopt. I respect others choices. I dont try to force my beliefs on others. Outside of discussions here, the topic of religion in my 'real world' seldom comes up. Most people I know are too busy with their own lives to be worried about converting or condemning others.

Pretty easy to believe the Big Bang if you believe that God created the Big Bang. Otherwise, what created the Bang? Ye of little or no faith.
If people could get out of their own way regarding religion, I think there is a tremendous amount to be learned from the concept of intelligent design. At the same time...people that just blindly close their minds to the science of creation because "God said it..." are also IMO missing out on opportunities to learn.

There is literally no reason for the theories to be competing. In fact...I may be wrong but I believe the originator of the BBT was actually a religious man.

If people could get out of their own way regarding religion, I think there is a tremendous amount to be learned from the concept of intelligent design. At the same time...people that just blindly close their minds to the science of creation because "God said it..." are also IMO missing out on opportunities to learn.

There is literally no reason for the theories to be competing. In fact...I may be wrong but I believe the originator of the BBT was actually a religious man.
What is the science of creation? What is there to be learned from Intelligent Design except that its religious nonsense to entrap the gullible?

Holey Sheepdip. :ROFLMAO:

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

What things haven't been explained?
The cutting of stones, the moving of stones, the sheer number of stones, the precision of alignment, the creation of, movement of, placement of, and purpose of the Maoi, Stonehenge, Lots.

If people could get out of their own way regarding religion, I think there is a tremendous amount to be learned from the concept of intelligent design.

There is no actual evidence for “intelligent design”. The tired old “watchmaker” argument was rebuffed eons ago.

. At the same time...people that just blindly close their minds to the science of creation because "God said it..." are also IMO missing out on opportunities to learn.

Same with “creation”. No solid evidence. What could possibly be learned from a fable?

Without even watching the video I can answer the question where God came from.

God came from man. We created him in our own likeness and image.

Without even watching the video I can answer the question where God came from.

God came from man. We created him in our own likeness and image.

Sort of true, yet bestowed God with magical powers not possessed by man.

Not sure why this is so hard for you to follow.
Because you're wrong.

Faith (in this context) is about saying "This is definitively true". That is not the position anyone who knows what they're talking about takes with any of the multiple aspects of Big Bang Theory. The other issue is that you don't have any objective evidence for the specific God you believe in. There is objective evidence that directly supports Big Bag Theory as it is currently defined, not least because that definition has been adjusted as new evidence has been identified. That is the exact opposite of faith.

Exactly which god are you talking about? Thor? Odin? Krishna? Vishnu? Allah? Zeus? Ra?

Because you're wrong.

Faith (in this context) is about saying "This is definitively true". That is not the position anyone who knows what they're talking about takes with any of the multiple aspects of Big Bang Theory. The other issue is that you don't have any objective evidence for the specific God you believe in. There is objective evidence that directly supports Big Bag Theory as it is currently defined, not least because that definition has been adjusted as new evidence has been identified. That is the exact opposite of faith.
Where did all the matter in the known cosmos come from? What was the energy source that initiated the big bang? Where did it originate from.

Nope. There’s a huge difference between “I don’t know” and “god did it”.
The core is the same. Faith in God...in God, all things are possible. Faith in the big bang...it...well....see...there was...this...wellllll...I mean...

It just always existed.

No...wait...we dont know.

But we believe.

Where did all the matter in the known cosmos come from? What was the energy source that initiated the big bang? Where did it originate from.

Perhaps the same place(s) God (allegedly) came from. Where did God originate from?

If everything existing had an intelligent creator then what created that (allegedly existing) intelligent creator?

The honest answer is, no one knows. Your questions can also be appled to god. Can you provide an answer?

The core is the same. Faith in God...in God, all things are possible. Faith in the big bang...it...well....see...there was...this...wellllll...I mean...

It just always existed.

But we believe.
No faith is required for the Big Bang. The current evidence simply supports that theory. There is nothing wrong 2ith admitting we do not know. But inserting God as an explanation is intellectually dishonest. Belief does not equal fact.

It just always existed.

But we believe.

What is your alternative?

You can say that, but they’re not the same.

You claim “god”. What god? Define this “god”.
The God that causes you to spend so much of your time here on this site trying to attack peoples belief in His existence...the God that has rules, roles and standards that you hate.

Back
Top Bottom