• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Army throws support behind officer pepper-sprayed in Virginia traffic stop

Uh huh. There’s plenty of video that put pay to your claims.

Once again, you assume that strangers are treated the same way locals are.

The experience that this thread is based on says otherwise.

You assume that they are not.

Fat cop already got fired. So that shows you how good your judgment is.
He was saying that the Army officer did everything right, not the cops. I don't normally agree with schism, but on this, he has been praising the Army officer's actions and condemning the cops' actions this whole thread.

Says the person who doesn't know the difference between 'your' and 'you're'. Furthermore it doesn't matter whether windows were tinted or not, he was sprayed through an open window while politely asking the obese 'cop' why he was being stopped. The cop lost it at that point.

And to the one that skipped right over a post where I stated the reason for the stop was legit, and then the fat cop decided to go asshole.

Dismissed.

I’ve only interacted with SGMs at the battalion level. The SGMUSA is listed as an advisor to the CJCS for all matters pertaining to enlisted men. Is it common for the SGMUSA to chime in on such matters, especially one involving an officer? In battalion every officer O-1 to 0 -4 act very differently around the battalion SGM tan they do with other NCOs. I would think that Grinston’s remarks had to be cleared higher up the food chain........
When I made Chief Petty Officer, I spoke with the Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy (MCPON) (at the time) on the phone for over 20 minutes (which may not seem like much, but these are really important positions, so I was seriously impressed with how much time he gave me to provide words of encouragement and congratulations). The high level NCOs/Enlisted help to train the Junior Officers, it's part of the job.

And to the one that skipped right over a post where I stated the reason for the stop was legit, and then the fat cop decided to go asshole.

Dismissed.

You really want to be associated with this?

;)

The guy should've complied with police commands.

Then the situation wouldn't have got out of hand.

He did. Imagine what would have happened if he had reached for the door handle, hands obscured. Instead he had both hands out the window at which point he was sprayed. Then the cop told him to undo his seat belt and violently dragged him out of the car. Once again a dumb cop will have cost the police department a shitload of money through a wrongful arrest suit.

First, American minorities know better than to reach for something inside the car when two twitchy cops have guns drawn on you. We would've seen a murder had he followed your advice.

Second, the situation began at 100% intensity with guns drawn and screaming, so it absolutely WAS NOT a function of the lieutenant's behavior. It started at and stayed at that level regardless of what he said or did.

So, let me get this straight: cops pull someone over whom they have no idea who they are, and the guy says, "I'm so and so..." and the police are supposed to automatically believe that is a fact?
Great idea!!! NOT!

Or maybe it went where it went not because of race, but because the driver repeatedly refused to comply with lawful demands/

If you act like a knucklehead, I wouldn't expect to be treated like a king. The Army guy has a chip on his shoulder, obviously.
So, let me get this straight: cops pull someone over whom they have no idea who they are, and the guy says, "I'm so and so..." and the police are supposed to automatically believe that is a fact?
Great idea!!! NOT!

Or maybe it went where it went not because of race, but because the driver repeatedly refused to comply with lawful demands/

If you act like a knucklehead, I wouldn't expect to be treated like a king. The Army guy has a chip on his shoulder, obviously.
You sir epitomize some of the things that are wrong in our country. You do whatever the cops tell you to do. I'll use my rights.

The Army’s top enlisted leader on Monday voiced his support for the Army officer involved in an incident caught on camera in which two Virginia police officers drew their guns and pepper-sprayed him during a traffic stop.

Sgt. Maj. of the Army Michael Grinston tweeted he “was concerned by the video” of Caron Nazario, a second lieutenant, who sued the police officers involved in the December incident at a gas station in the southeastern town of Windsor.

“He represented himself and our Army well through his calm, professional response to the situation – I’m very proud of him,” Grinston wrote.
=====================================================
Great. The Army's going to waste time fighting with the classic cop mindset. This Lt. was only guilty of DRIVING WHILE BLACK.
And driving with tint, and driving without a license plate (which to be fair he did have one but it was reasonable grounds to stop him)

there’s no evidence the officers knew he was black before stopping him. That illegal window tint makes it hard to see. And also with no license plate there was no registered owner on file for the dispatcher to relay information on. Use logic and think.

The Sergeant Major didn't see black or white... YOU are the only one who sees race in his comment... He saw two bumshit cops from dipshit USA messing with one of OUR soldiers.... I'm not sure how the squids take care of each other but when I was a commissioned officer in the Army, NONE of us hesitated to come to the aid of one of our own, officer or enlisted when some little idiot was playing the power game... I dealt with a few local yokels in my time, they typically pissed their pants when they got wind of Army leadership coming down hard on them... Nothing like watching them squirm when they realized we had the power to ban ANY service member from doing business in their little shithole community... Guess who those who pay their salary blamed?

The older cop with the beer belly got his donkey fired for this. Good riddance.

The police pulled him over for what? Regardless of his color, the cops once again escalated the situation into a shit show. If the cop was so right, why was he fired?

Duhh... They didn't see the temporary license tag affixed to his SUV's rear window. You can see it in their dash cam video, so how do experienced cops miss temp tags on a brand new vehicle? The cops were guilty of gross misconduct, which is why the older one was fired within hours.

Duhh... They didn't see the temporary license tag affixed to his SUV's rear window. You can see it in their dash cam video, so how do experienced cops miss temp tags on a brand new vehicle? The cops were guilty of gross misconduct, which is why the older one was fired within hours.
I presume the same way they can mistake a gun for their taser?

The Army’s top enlisted leader on Monday voiced his support for the Army officer involved in an incident caught on camera in which two Virginia police officers drew their guns and pepper-sprayed him during a traffic stop.

Sgt. Maj. of the Army Michael Grinston tweeted he “was concerned by the video” of Caron Nazario, a second lieutenant, who sued the police officers involved in the December incident at a gas station in the southeastern town of Windsor.

“He represented himself and our Army well through his calm, professional response to the situation – I’m very proud of him,” Grinston wrote.
Great. The Army's going to waste time fighting with the classic cop mindset. This Lt. was only guilty of DRIVING WHILE BLACK.
1618360517252.png

You assume that they are not.

Since you asserted that everybody gets along, and your ”explanations” of this incident (which is clearly not the police getting along with the Lieutenant) ring distinctively hollow, it’s pretty clear that my assumption has a basis in fact, and yours does not.

Since you asserted that everybody gets along, and your ”explanations” of this incident (which is clearly not the police getting along with the Lieutenant) ring distinctively hollow, it’s pretty clear that my assumption has a basis in fact, and yours does not.

Ahuh... :rolleyes:

I like Sgt. Maj. of the Army Michael Grinston, he's not afraid to speak up.

I remember the outrage of a Trump flag on an Army vehicle.

Shouldn't all military personnel use their status in the military for social and political goals? That who ever is in charge of any military vehicle, aircraft and building should having any stickers and flags for their candidates, political party and issues - plus all should be issuing political statements in their military capacity.

In my opinion, Sgt Maj Grinston should minimally be reprimanded or discharged so he can go work for the ACLU or go to law school.

Why do you have a problem with black people driving? What did any black person every do to you?

What should police do when a person refuses to get out of the vehicle when ordered to?

What should police do when a person refuses to get out of the vehicle when ordered to?

obviously not what was in the video hence the firing of the officer lol
where was all the de-escalation at?

The conduct was wrong and these individuals will pay the price

obviously not what was in the video hence the firing of the officer lol
where was all the de-escalation at?

The conduct was wrong and these individuals will pay the price
The Army Lt did all the descalation work.

The Army Lt did all the descalation work.

he certainly did a lot more than the Senior officer that got himself fired thats for sure lol
even the yonger officer was uncomfortable with how things were going down and you could tell, he tried more de-escalation the senior guy did

id have to watch it again but i only remember one de-escalation by the senior guy and it was very late in the game and a piss poor one that losts its effect based on the officer's tone, continued yelling and threats in situations that didnt need them

he certainly did a lot more than the Senior officer that got himself fired thats for sure lol
even the yonger officer was uncomfortable with how things were going down and you could tell, he tried more de-escalation the senior guy did

id have to watch it again but i only remember one de-escalation by the senior guy and it was very late in the game and a piss poor one that losts its effect based on the officer's tone, continued yelling and threats in situations that didnt need them
Fat cop gave at least three threats through the whole thing.

1) mentioned that he will "Ride the lightening"
2) when Lt. said he was scared to get out fat cop said, "You should be".
3) in the aftermath when Lt was uncuffed and being let go he basically was threatening that Lt needed to "Let this go".

Fat cop gave at least three threats through the whole thing.

1) mentioned that he will "Ride the lightening"
2) when Lt. said he was scared to get out fat cop said, "You should be".
3) in the aftermath when Lt was uncuffed and being let go he basically was threatening that Lt needed to "Let this go".

that's why he is a disgrace and got fired.

the you should be was the jump of point and was just nonsensical

i mentioned earlier, or maybe in another thread, I watched this with two LEOs, a local cop and a trooper and they were both pissed and said thats exactly the type of asshole that gets them judged unfairly and both mentioned how there was no de-escalation and it was all escalation on the cops end.

1618463330748.png

Back
Top Bottom