• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Army throws support behind officer pepper-sprayed in Virginia traffic stop

Do you remember a TV show from Va Beach on Sat nights that played old horror movies, and this guy was a mad scientist with a grey afro wig...

Doctor somebody....I can't remember. It was during the 70's I think it was on WAVY TV-10 when we only had 3 channels.

Doctor Madblood. They still do Halloween specials from time to time. My niece was on it a couple of years ago.

Doctor Madblood. They still do Halloween specials from time to time. My niece was on it a couple of years ago.

That's so cool. I hadn't thought about him is years.

I support him too. I think he did everything right and the cops overreacted.

Now he's alive and about to get paid for his troubles, while the cop is rightfully out of work.

2nd Lt. Nazario is a hero in my book. He didn't reach for his waistband, glovebox, fight with police, or attempt to flee.

He even took a dose of pepper-spray to the face and still didn't attack officers. He deserves his settlement.

I tip my hat to him for being calm enough to survive the encounter by being more level headed than the people pointing guns at him and threatening him.

Hopefully in the future having the calm that comes with military training won't be necessary to survive being pulled over to check a license plate.

"His commanding officer will drum him out of service! His career is over!"

Would anyone like to reflect upon having made such posts?

If the cop was so right, why was he fired?

You really don't know what the answer to that will be? Da Joos, of course. The media and deep state. The cop will be painted the victim. Have you not seen the racist routine before?

Quite simply the cops escalated this situation even after he identified himself as military.

So, let me get this straight: cops pull someone over whom they have no idea who they are, and the guy says, "I'm so and so..." and the police are supposed to automatically believe that is a fact?
Great idea!!! NOT!

I think the one cop was already pissed he didn't pull over immediately and when he saw he was not white, it got out of hand.

Or maybe it went where it went not because of race, but because the driver repeatedly refused to comply with lawful demands/

Does anyone regardless of color need to be treated in such a manner? What threat was he posing these officers?

If you act like a knucklehead, I wouldn't expect to be treated like a king. The Army guy has a chip on his shoulder, obviously.

So, let me get this straight: cops pull someone over whom they have no idea who they are, and the guy says, "I'm so and so..." and the police are supposed to automatically believe that is a fact?
Great idea!!! NOT!
Or maybe it went where it went not because of race, but because the driver repeatedly refused to comply with lawful demands/
If you act like a knucklehead, I wouldn't expect to be treated like a king. The Army guy has a chip on his shoulder, obviously.
And yet fat cop is fired and the lieutenant is being applauded by the Sergeant Major of the Army. Hrm....

Maybe there's never going to be a situation where you take a black guy's side over the cops and you're just here blowing off steam.

What I see is that Grinston was appointed by Ryan McCarthy in August 2019. Probably one of those lower-profile Trump loyalists still working within the administration or he would have reframed from making any comment what so ever and most certainly not taking side against "one of his own".

Well, good for Biden, one more located...

And yet fat cop is fired and the lieutenant is being applauded by the Sergeant Major of the Army. Hrm.... [/quote}

Means nothing other than "polticians" (which includes sgt maj and the police chief, just taking the expected path of least resistance in a PR move. It hasn't been that long since the Army failed to boot out a guy with extreme Muslim fanatical views out of fear of coming off as not being "PC/tolerant", so I'm not very impressed the current Army leadership in this matter.

UOTE="RabidAlpaca, post: 1073799110, member: 16875"]Maybe there's never going to be a situation where you take a black guy's side over the cops and you're just here blowing off steam.

That isn't true, and you are just cherry picking now, I call them like I see them.

I took this black guy's side, and was very critical of the cops.

That isn't true, and you are just cherry picking now, I call them like I see them.

I took this black guy's side, and was very critical of the cops.

Your inability to defend their immediate use of guns and threats or telling the lieutenant he should be scared to get out of the car is noted. You can't defend it because it's indefensible.

I’ve only interacted with SGMs at the battalion level. The SGMUSA is listed as an advisor to the CJCS for all matters pertaining to enlisted men. Is it common for the SGMUSA to chime in on such matters, especially one involving an officer? In battalion every officer O-1 to 0 -4 act very differently around the battalion SGM tan they do with other NCOs. I would think that Grinston’s remarks had to be cleared higher up the food chain........

And yet fat cop is fired and the lieutenant is being applauded by the Sergeant Major of the Army. Hrm....

Maybe there's never going to be a situation where you take a black guy's side over the cops and you're just here blowing off steam.
Hopefully the police union will get this officer his job back with full pay and an apology.

Hopefully the police union will get this officer his job back with full pay and an apology.

Lol.. The department has six officers.. Where do you think they hold their union meetings?

He needs to worried about state/federal criminal charges right now.

Lol.. The department has six officers.. Where do you think they hold their union meetings?

He needs to worried about state/federal criminal charges right now.
Where do they hold their union meetings?Dunkin Donuts

Why don't you try defending him telling the lieutenant that he should be afraid to get out of his car. Explain to us why that's acceptable police behavior.

I don't think other cops want to be associated with this kind of toxic behavior and he violated multiple department standards.

You didn't think at all.

It wasn't about driving while black when he was lit up. It was pitch dark and the vehicle has tinted windows, so the cops didn't have a clue as to what his race was.

The fat cop and his comments made it what it is.

And, like any of you actually care about the military anyways?

Fake shit.

We've seen the f***ing video. They knew what his color was and saw his uniform when the window was open. And still pepper sprayed him. And now that cop is out of a job. That doesn't tell us he did the right thing.

Why don't you try defending him telling the lieutenant that he should be afraid to get out of his car. Explain to us why that's acceptable police behavior.

I don't think other cops want to be associated with this kind of toxic behavior and he violated multiple department standards.

Unfortunately for the fired officer, Birginia just passed new laws last October that are going to make revoking his law enforcement certification easier.

I hope he gets a minimum wage job where he is constantly disrespected.

He will probably just move to another state that does not have similar laws and resume being a law enforcement officer. That is, if he isn't facing state/federal charges...

First of all......most traffic stops in Windsor are conducted by county deputies and not the fat cop you see in the video.

Saying that Windsor is like Emporia only shows your ignorance on the subject. The Windsor cops & deputies will give you a break on speeding by writing the tickets as "failure to observe posted signage" so you won't lose serious points on your license. Route 460 passes through the middle of town in Windsor......so there is a huge difference in safety.

Emporia has town cops on the interstate as well route 58 stopping speeders, and they will hit you for 5 mph over the speed limit.

Your post is hack type trash.

Uh huh. There’s plenty of video that put pay to your claims.

Once again, you assume that strangers are treated the same way locals are.

The experience that this thread is based on says otherwise.

Pitch dark out...... and tinted windows. Driving while Black?

But they could tell he was black when they turn on the blue lights?

Can you explain this?

I think your full of shit.
Says the person who doesn't know the difference between 'your' and 'you're'. Furthermore it doesn't matter whether windows were tinted or not, he was sprayed through an open window while politely asking the obese 'cop' why he was being stopped. The screaming cop lost it at that point and the victim has a cast-iron case for unlawul arrest.

Last edited:
I don’t consider all police to be racist and I don’t think that the initial stop had anything to do with race.

But the response from the police and the continual escalation by the police I believe happened because of a racial element.
It is technically possible that it happened because he is military. There are actually a good number of officers who seem to have a grudge against military, of any kind. We would need more info about this, but it doesn't look good either way.

Back
Top Bottom