• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Army throws support behind officer pepper-sprayed in Virginia traffic stop

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

The Army’s top enlisted leader on Monday voiced his support for the Army officer involved in an incident caught on camera in which two Virginia police officers drew their guns and pepper-sprayed him during a traffic stop.

Sgt. Maj. of the Army Michael Grinston tweeted he “was concerned by the video” of Caron Nazario, a second lieutenant, who sued the police officers involved in the December incident at a gas station in the southeastern town of Windsor.

“He represented himself and our Army well through his calm, professional response to the situation – I’m very proud of him,” Grinston wrote.
=====================================================
Great. The Army's going to waste time fighting with the classic cop mindset. This Lt. was only guilty of DRIVING WHILE BLACK.

The Army’s top enlisted leader on Monday voiced his support for the Army officer involved in an incident caught on camera in which two Virginia police officers drew their guns and pepper-sprayed him during a traffic stop.

Sgt. Maj. of the Army Michael Grinston tweeted he “was concerned by the video” of Caron Nazario, a second lieutenant, who sued the police officers involved in the December incident at a gas station in the southeastern town of Windsor.

“He represented himself and our Army well through his calm, professional response to the situation – I’m very proud of him,” Grinston wrote.
Great. The Army's going to waste time fighting with the classic cop mindset. This Lt. was only guilty of DRIVING WHILE BLACK.

I like Sgt. Maj. of the Army Michael Grinston, he's not afraid to speak up.

Pitch dark out...... and tinted windows. Driving while Black?

But they could tell he was black when they turn on the blue lights?

Can you explain this?

I think your full of shit.

I like Sgt. Maj. of the Army Michael Grinston, he's not afraid to speak up.

And I agree with you. But what he's attempting to address is a century-long mindset with cops that just gets their adrenaline flowing when they spot a Black guy.

And I agree with you. But what he's attempting to address is a century-long mindset with cops that just gets their adrenaline flowing when they spot a Black guy.

Your narrative is screwed up from the start and you know it.

Pitch dark out, and the vehicle had tinted glass.

They had no idea what his race was until they entered the property of the BP gas station after following him for a mile.

Another click bait thread.

Can you explain this?

The Sergeant Major didn't see black or white... YOU are the only one who sees race in his comment... He saw two bumshit cops from dipshit USA messing with one of OUR soldiers.... I'm not sure how the squids take care of each other but when I was a commissioned officer in the Army, NONE of us hesitated to come to the aid of one of our own, officer or enlisted when some little idiot was playing the power game... I dealt with a few local yokels in my time, they typically pissed their pants when they got wind of Army leadership coming down hard on them... Nothing like watching them squirm when they realized we had the power to ban ANY service member from doing business in their little shithole community... Guess who those who pay their salary blamed?

Better to speak up and let our soldiers know he has their back.

He spoke up about Tucker Carlson's nonsense also:
Sgt. Maj. of the Army Michael Grinston also called out Carlson by name, calling his words “divisive” and saying they “don’t reflect our values.”

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/tucker-carlson-women-military-fox-news/

I support him too. I think he did everything right and the cops overreacted.

Now he's alive and about to get paid for his troubles, while the cop is rightfully out of work.

2nd Lt. Nazario is a hero in my book. He didn't reach for his waistband, glovebox, fight with police, or attempt to flee.

He even took a dose of pepper-spray to the face and still didn't attack officers. He deserves his settlement.

The Sergeant Major didn't see black or white... YOU are the only one who sees race in his comment... He saw two bumshit cops from dipshit USA messing with one of OUR soldiers.... I'm not sure how the squids take care of each other but when I was a commissioned officer in the Army, NONE of us hesitated to come to the aid of one of our own, officer or enlisted when some little idiot was playing the power game... I dealt with a few local yokels in my time, they typically pissed their pants when they got wind of Army leadership coming down hard on them... Nothing like watching them squirm when they realized we had the power to ban ANY service member from doing business in their little shithole community... Guess who those who pay their salary blamed?

You didn't think at all.

It wasn't about driving while black when he was lit up. It was pitch dark and the vehicle has tinted windows, so the cops didn't have a clue as to what his race was.

The fat cop and his comments made it what it is.

And, like any of you actually care about the military anyways?

Fake shit.

Now he's alive and about to get paid for his troubles, while the cop is rightfully out of work.

2nd Lt. Nazario is a hero in my book. He didn't reach for his waistband, glovebox, fight with police, or attempt to flee.

He even took a dose of pepper-spray to the face and still didn't attack officers. He deserves his settlement.

The fat cop turned a legit stop into what we have now.

I'm sure if 2nd Lt. Nazario had done any of those things, and the Cops shot him for it, there would be people on this very forum arguing that his killing was entirely justified.

The fat cop turned a legit stop into what we have now.

It was a legit stop that went south because the cop was waiving a pistol and then pepper=sprayed the guy with his hands out and exposed.

I don't feel bad for this cop at all. Add to that the comments made about ruining his military career if he filed a complaint.

No...this cop is one of the bad ones.

I'm sure if 2nd Lt. Nazario had done any of those things, and the Cops shot him for it, there would be people on this very forum arguing that his killing was entirely justified.

While that's certainly possible, I'm not one of them.

Can you explain this?

They knew he was black when he stopped. I find it hard to believe they would have treated a white officer that way.

You didn't think at all.

It wasn't about driving while black when he was lit up. It was pitch dark and the vehicle has tinted windows, so the cops didn't have a clue as to what his race was.

The fat cop and his comments made it what it is.

And, like any of you actually care about the military anyways?

Fake shit.

It would appear that it's you who doesn't care about the military.

While that's certainly possible, I'm not one of them.
It's not just possible, it's one hundred percent certain, because the sad state of america is that unless black people lie down and take abuse at the hands of law enforcement, without any resistance, then people will argue that they deserved it.

It was a legit stop that went south because the cop was waiving a pistol and then pepper=sprayed the guy with his hands out and exposed.

I don't feel bad for this cop at all. Add to that the comments made about ruining his military career if he filed a complaint.

No...this cop is one of the bad ones.

Exactly.... It was a legit stop that went south because the fat cop wanted to play tough guy.

They were stereotypical Southern hick cops, beer bellies & all. As racist as they come in the South. DRIVING WHILE BLACK can get you killed in MN, VA, elsewhere.

Does this mean he is not going to be booted from the army like some were predicting?

Can you explain this?

Did he drive past them and was the windshield tinted?

Can you explain this?

The police pulled him over for what? Regardless of his color, the cops once again escalated the situation into a shit show. If the cop was so right, why was he fired?

Back
Top Bottom