• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arm all young black males

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me that the demographic taking the brunt of lethal gun violence is the young, black, American males.

Therefore, I propose we arm them all so they can defend themselves from other young black males.

A gun in the hand of every African American is what we need to curb gun violence in America.

Instead of the government provided cell phones, I propose we give them Glock 9mm's instead.

What say ye?

How the heck is "Arm all......." supposed to be any better idea than "disarm all......"?

Well said Maggie. I used to be as poor as a church mouse I didn't go around shooting people. Your right a thug is a thug. The only good kind of thug...........

Morning by the way :2wave:

Wow. So clearly poverty has no affect on crime whatsoever because poverty didn't encourage criminal behavior in yourself. I once sped down a highway at 10mph over the speed limit, I wasn't pulled over so therefore because I didn't happen to me everyone else who drives 10mph over the speed limit won't get pulled over either!

Wow. So clearly poverty has no affect on crime whatsoever because poverty didn't encourage criminal behavior in yourself. I once sped down a highway at 10mph over the speed limit, I wasn't pulled over so therefore because I didn't happen to me everyone else who drives 10mph over the speed limit won't get pulled over either!

There are people that rise up from poverty every day. Perhaps a change in mindset might be more effective than the continual excuses of bad behavior.

There are people that rise up from poverty every day. Perhaps a change in mindset might be more effective than the continual excuses of bad behavior.

This guy proves that Independents are liberals.

Just don't go 20+ over. They'll get your ass, and those tickets will hurt.

Seems to me that the demographic taking the brunt of lethal gun violence is the young, black, American males.

Therefore, I propose we arm them all so they can defend themselves from other young black males.

A gun in the hand of every African American is what we need to curb gun violence in America.

Instead of the government provided cell phones, I propose we give them Glock 9mm's instead.

What say ye?

Sure, why not. The dangerous ones are armed already anyways.

We really should reform the mental health system first. After that is done, sure. Bring back the high school shooting clubs, make passing a basic safety course a graduation requirement, etc.

Put a firearms safety course in place, now and let's see if we can cut down on accidental shootings.

What a great idea! I would love a free gun. Right now I am looking to buy a new 3.57 revolver.

What a great idea! I would love a free gun. Right now I am looking to buy a new 3.57 revolver.

If you can afford it get the 4" SW 627 Pro

If you can afford it get the 4" SW 627 Pro

Naaa I am looking at a snub. Hopefully I can find a decent one. Any suggestions for a 2" revolver?

I'm not trying to make it society's fault, but you simply can't ignore that most of them are products of their environment. If you grow up in the ghetto poor as hell, you're generally going to act like you grew up in the ghetto poor as hell. When a living being, be it human or animal, has his back against the wall, he will tend to resort to violence.

I never once said that anybody should be relieved of responsibility for their actions. I simply pointed out that the fundamental cause of violence is growing up in harsh poverty conditions, so maybe we should be looking at improving poverty instead of grabbing guns, seeing as how gun laws have no correlation to rates of violence.

We should strive to make our society more unified between different income levels. The biggest problem that exists is the cultural attitudes that develop in poorer communities that impede them. We can't just "do something about poverty." As long as people are free to make their own decisions there will always be those who self destroy. The goal should be to help these people in both basic survival but also in reforming their ways.

What say ye?

The irony is of course that the only time the NRA supported gun control, was in the 60s when the Black Panthers started arming themselves.

I have to say the idea of young black males with Glocks walking into the Star Bucks that the local NRA submales want to show off how tough they are, would be fun to watch. Bet those NRA guys would make for the door real quick

It's not about making an excuse its about realizing that one's enviroment and situation have an impact on how a person acts and behaves, people are individually responsible for their actions including criminals, but any criminologist will tell you that poverty, lack of social mobility, poor education, etc are factors which influence a person towards crime. The fact that one single person was once poor but managed to avoid these pitfalls doesn't mean they don't exist. Just like we all would agree that depression, being lonely, etc can put a person more at risk for suicide, but it doesn't mean that every lonely depressed person is going to committ suicide.

What say ye?

They probably should arm themselves given crime statistics. I'm not a big fan of giving free **** to people though. They can buy it themselves.

Why discriminate? Arm all of us so we can defend ourselves against anybody wanting to do us harm and to send a signal to our government that WE, the People, are still the masters. I would pretty much go along with that. I mean, if we are going to spend the money of those of us who produce, might as well go towards us that earn and produce being able to protect ourselves, family and possessions.

Great idea, Cap'n.;)
Hell yeah! I say let batters carry so that they can put a cap in the ass of any pitcher stupid enough to throw at someone's head. Also, arm hockey players too. This would put an end to goons throwing elbows to the heads of finesse players.

It's not about making an excuse its about realizing that one's enviroment and situation have an impact on how a person acts and behaves, people are individually responsible for their actions including criminals, but any criminologist will tell you that poverty, lack of social mobility, poor education, etc are factors which influence a person towards crime. The fact that one single person was once poor but managed to avoid these pitfalls doesn't mean they don't exist. Just like we all would agree that depression, being lonely, etc can put a person more at risk for suicide, but it doesn't mean that every lonely depressed person is going to committ suicide.
It is a fact that millions come here every year...black, brown, whatever...with less than nothing and manage to succeed. Of course...there isnt an industry in place to exploit them and give them excuses for their failures. But you just go right ahead and keep on excusing them into the grave.

It is a fact that millions come here every year...black, brown, whatever...with less than nothing and manage to succeed. Of course...there isnt an industry in place to exploit them and give them excuses for their failures. But you just go right ahead and keep on excusing them into the grave.

Like I said, its not an excuse. People are responsible for their actions, but there's no denying that the environments people are raised in and the situations they encounter in their lives have an affect on who they grow up to become. Are you going to tell me that your upbringing and where you were raised has had no impact on your life whatsoever? Of course not, so why would you say that someone growing up in poverty, attending poor schools, and in a high crime area would not be affected by that at all?

Another example, if you lost your job and got a new one in a different state, you would be entirely responsible for the decision to move but it would not be wrong to say that your situation influenced your actions.

Keep putting words into my mouth.

[video=youtube;wzLoyY-ypPQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzLoyY-ypPQ[/video
What an absurdly ridiculous video.
It lacks any logic and is motivated by a wrong headed view of the Zimmerman case.
Trayvon was in the wrong. He wasn't innocent, but acting out in a violent and wrongful way.

Hell yeah! I say let batters carry so that they can put a cap in the ass of any pitcher stupid enough to throw at someone's head. Also, arm hockey players too. This would put an end to goons throwing elbows to the heads of finesse players.
Hell yeah is right!

Make it so intelligent people can just shut others out of the conversation... wait, never happens that way, besides, fun watching worms just a squirming, scavenging to eat more dirt.;)

What say ye?

Nope, not the role of government.

Hell yeah is right!

Make it so intelligent people can just shut others out of the conversation... wait, never happens that way, besides, fun watching worms just a squirming, scavenging to eat more dirt.;)
I think kids should all be armed in high school too. That way when a bully tries to smack a need upside the head, nerd boi can shoot him in the face.

I think kids should all be armed in high school too. That way when a bully tries to smack a need upside the head, nerd boi can shoot him in the face.
Totally agree...but do you think they should be legged as well? And in that scenario with nerd boi, which would you consider yourself more to be?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Like I said, its not an excuse. People are responsible for their actions, but there's no denying that the environments people are raised in and the situations they encounter in their lives have an affect on who they grow up to become. Are you going to tell me that your upbringing and where you were raised has had no impact on your life whatsoever? Of course not, so why would you say that someone growing up in poverty, attending poor schools, and in a high crime area would not be affected by that at all?

Another example, if you lost your job and got a new one in a different state, you would be entirely responsible for the decision to move but it would not be wrong to say that your situation influenced your actions.

Keep putting words into my mouth.
Situations DO influence actions. Continued excuses for BAD actions also influence those actions. When you continually make excuses for peoples bad actions you influence their decisions to continue to make those bad choices. Slavery was a tragedy. It was also a historical reality thatimpacted virtually every race of people throughout the globe and time. To continue today to use it as an excuse is foolish. You "get over it"...especially when 'it' didnt HAPPEN to you. You move forward. One generation builds and prepares for the future of the next generations. Or...they choose not to and choose instead to make excuses. Poverty sucks. Life sucks. Grab a bucket. Or...dont. Continue to whine about how hard it is, how unfair life is, and continue to watch the inner cities kill each other.

You are an officer, right? If they put you in charge of a unit with bad morale and a horrible record do you just accept it if Soldiers within your unit continue to make those bad choices? Of course not. Not unless you want to see a bunch of them die when the whip comes down.

Situations DO influence actions. Continued excuses for BAD actions also influence those actions. When you continually make excuses for peoples bad actions you influence their decisions to continue to make those bad choices. Slavery was a tragedy. It was also a historical reality thatimpacted virtually every race of people throughout the globe and time. To continue today to use it as an excuse is foolish. You "get over it"...especially when 'it' didnt HAPPEN to you. You move forward. One generation builds and prepares for the future of the next generations. Or...they choose not to and choose instead to make excuses. Poverty sucks. Life sucks. Grab a bucket. Or...dont. Continue to whine about how hard it is, how unfair life is, and continue to watch the inner cities kill each other.

You are an officer, right? If they put you in charge of a unit with bad morale and a horrible record do you just accept it if Soldiers within your unit continue to make those bad choices? Of course not. Not unless you want to see a bunch of them die when the whip comes down.

Are you just acting stupid and pretending to not know how to read, or do you honestly have a problem with word comprehension? Was that too big of a word? I'm sorry I just can't understand why you keep talking about not making excuses when I'm not making any excuse. And this stuff about slavery as an excuse, did I say that? No, I didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom