• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arizona Legislature Passes Bill Requiring Proof Of US Citizenship To Vote

There are presently Russian citizens who have lft Russia for political reasons and are being turned away. You know what happens if they go back to Russia.
That is the problem with running somewhere else tail between your legs. Eventually someone has to fight for your rights. Land of the free because of the brave. The only reason these countries have such horrible rulers is because the people do not have the courage to make changes. They think freedom is free. Wrong.

Because they want to cheat!
The Racist DEM's even try to play the Race card, when in Fact it exposes them as the True Racist !

Even GA had to fess up and stop the illegals from voting !

The guy who told us the 2020 election was the most secure.....

The democrats parrot each other, not realizing the things they are saying are idiotic...."voter suppression", "racist", etc.....lol, totally bonkers and they have a low opinion of black people. Those people in Harlem put their lies to rest, once and for all.

Exactly right. Who can even prove they're human as far as that goes. Hell my Corgi could submit a valid mail in ballot.
I'm still working on training my Iguana... little prick can't stop licking the envelope.

Not even close to true. The people fleeing Ukraine are refugees. The people crossing our Southern border are circumventing our immigration laws.

Being from a poor country that you have created and turned into a shit hole is not the same as fleeing another countries army bombing and shooting people in a war. The Ukraine people are fighting for their freedom in an all out war. The people crossing our Southern border have no idea what fighting for freedom is even about. They are fleeing the utter mess they have made of their country and the pathetic corrupt government they have.

What the people at our Southern border should have done instead of tuck tail and run here is showed up at their capital and let their leaders know how they feel like we did. If their leaders won't listen then drag them out and get rid of them. Leaders either serve the people or they need to be removed and replaced by any and all means.
What hand did the average Honduran have in turning their country into a shithole?

Great rebuttal. I guess this is the best excuse for Biden's utter failure of our border security and enforcing our immigration laws. Maybe he can put Harris back in charge. I am still trying to figure our what she is actually doing. I guess all we can do is pray Joe hangs in there until the next election when hopefully we elect a real leader that can start straightening out this mess.
That is the only rebuttal your right wing machine drivel deserves. Get something original would ya? That is if you are smart enough to post something that isn't copy and paste right wing bullshit.

What hand did the average Honduran have in turning their country into a shithole?
It is their country. It is their government. Who is to blame for how people decide to govern themselves. They could have set up any government they want. It was their choices that determine the direction their country takes economically.

Typical left with the constant lie it is everyone else's fault. When someone gets pulled over for drunk driving it is the bartenders fault and the beer distributors fault. No it is the drunk driving the car who is at fault.

It was our choices by our people who gave us our government. It was the choices of our people to build the railroad, build a highway system, and all the other infrastructure that allowed industry to thrive. The people of this country built America and the people of Honduras built the shit hole they have.

That is the only rebuttal your right wing machine drivel deserves. Get something original would ya? That is if you are smart enough to post something that isn't copy and paste right wing bullshit.
Another great rebuttal I see. (y)

You know years ago when I first registered to vote in Oregon I had to show my ID. And when I moved to New Mexico the same thing. It seems that showing ID to register to vote has been a thing for a very long time.
ANd New Mexico already has the requirement to be "A citizen of the United States". Was Arizona letting non-residents vote in their State? No, it's just the Republican party dealing dishonest propaganda constantly.

Voter Registration Eligibility Requirements​

In order to register and vote in New Mexico, an applicant must be:
  • A resident of New Mexico
  • A citizen of the United States
  • An individual who has not been denied the right to vote by a court of law due to reason of mental incapacity
  • 18 years or older at the time of the next election
  • If a person has been convicted of a felony, they must have completed all of the terms and conditions of parole or supervised probation, or have had the conviction overturned on appeal

First-Time Registration By Mail​

If you are registering for the first time in New Mexico, and you submit the registration form by mail, then you must submit with the form a copy of (1) a current and valid photo identification; or (2) a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, student identification card or other government document, including identification issued by an Indian nation, tribe or pueblo that shows your name and current address. If you do not submit one of these forms of identification with your mailed-in, first time registration, then you would be required to present one of the forms of identification when voting in person or absentee.

I mean look at California. https://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/voting-resources/voting-california/registering-vote

To register to vote in California, you must be:​

A United States citizen and a resident of California.

Not even close to true. The people fleeing Ukraine are refugees. The people crossing our Southern border are circumventing our immigration laws.

Being from a poor country that you have created and turned into a shit hole is not the same as fleeing another countries army bombing and shooting people in a war. The Ukraine people are fighting for their freedom in an all out war. The people crossing our Southern border have no idea what fighting for freedom is even about. They are fleeing the utter mess they have made of their country and the pathetic corrupt government they have.

What the people at our Southern border should have done instead of tuck tail and run here is showed up at their capital and let their leaders know how they feel like we did. If their leaders won't listen then drag them out and get rid of them. Leaders either serve the people or they need to be removed and replaced by any and all means.
I visited and spoke with migrants in Mexico's interior and on the border at El Paso and with those who worked with them twice in the past few years. (Sometime before that I evaluated, documented or wrote positions on thousands of asylum claims involving dozens of countries over 20 years.) The Central American stories described a sort of a "Ukraine lite," where people were killied individually as opposed to by bombs. We accept Cubans who ducktail and run to come here because we consider that country so bad that it doesn't matter if bombs are used. We gave asylum to Poles who fled a crackdown by the Soviets, Nicaraguans who fled a leftist government, Salvadorans who fled death squads, and Guatmalans who fled mass murder. Despite a clear bias towards those fleeing leftist governments, all of them claimed that they met the definition of a refugee as it is described in international and US law. Many did and were granted protection. I may be ignorant of current conditions in all the countries mentioned here, but I know something of refugee law, and can say with certainty that the extreme situation in Ukraine is not the prerequisite condition for establishing refugee status.

Finally, your insult to the people of Central America is noted. As history might tell you, the shit holes you see and the government's you disparage often were set up and supported by the US back in the day, which actions, motivated by unthinking anti-communism, held back development. Apply the suggestions you make about what Central Americans should have done with respect to their governments are in the area of absurdity of asking the same of Cubans under Castro, for example. Many of them are being persecuted precisely because they don't accept the status quo.

More civilians were killed as a result of the drug war in Mexico between 2007 and 2014 than in Iraq and Afghanistan during that same period.....combined. Pretending there isn’t a war on down there is flat out ignorant. Especially since Mexicans have fought for their own freedom many times, including against the French and their Confederate camp followers.

It takes a special kind of ignorance to sit in perfect safety on your couch and demand others risk the lives of their families— because that’s who the death squads take special delight in murdering in as brutal a manner as possible— on a quixotic quest to defeat the cartels by “dragging out politicians”.

[
It is their country. It is their government. Who is to blame for how people decide to govern themselves. They could have set up any government they want. It was their choices that determine the direction their country takes economically.

Typical left with the constant lie it is everyone else's fault. When someone gets pulled over for drunk driving it is the bartenders fault and the beer distributors fault. No it is the drunk driving the car who is at fault.

It was our choices by our people who gave us our government. It was the choices of our people to build the railroad, build a highway system, and all the other infrastructure that allowed industry to thrive. The people of this country built America and the people of Honduras built the shit hole they have.

The problem, of course, is that in many cases the governments they chose for themselves were toppled by the United States in the name of “freeeeeeeddoooooom”.

Not to mention, of course, that in many cases those railroads and infrastructure were built by brutally exploiting those actually doing the building, whether via slavery in the early days or terror campaigns in effort to prevent said workers from organizing and improving their working conditions.

Your posts reek of ignorance. Do better.

How responsible are you for our current government?

You cannot compare responsibility for drunk driving which is completely on the driver with the political system that a person is born into had no part in shaping and has no real power to affect. The two are not remotely comparable.

I visited and spoke with migrants in Mexico's interior and on the border at El Paso and with those who worked with them twice in the past few years. (Sometime before that I evaluated, documented or wrote positions on thousands of asylum claims involving dozens of countries over 20 years.) The Central American stories described a sort of a "Ukraine lite," where people were killied individually as opposed to by bombs. We accept Cubans who ducktail and run to come here because we consider that country so bad that it doesn't matter if bombs are used. We gave asylum to Poles who fled a crackdown by the Soviets, Nicaraguans who fled a leftist government, Salvadorans who fled death squads, and Guatmalans who fled mass murder. Despite a clear bias towards those fleeing leftist governments, all of them claimed that they met the definition of a refugee as it is described in international and US law. Many did and were granted protection. I may be ignorant of current conditions in all the countries mentioned here, but I know something of refugee law, and can say with certainty that the extreme situation in Ukraine is not the prerequisite condition for establishing refugee status.

Finally, your insult to the people of Central America is noted. As history might tell you, the shit holes you see and the government's you disparage often were set up and supported by the US back in the day, which actions, motivated by unthinking anti-communism, held back development. Apply the suggestions you make about what Central Americans should have done with respect to their governments are in the area of absurdity of asking the same of Cubans under Castro, for example. Many of them are being persecuted precisely because they don't accept the status quo.
You have proven my point. They have not and are not willing to fight for their freedom.

The asylum laws were put in place so the people fleeing war could cross the border into another country and seek asylum. These people should have applied for asylum the minute they crossed into Mexico. But they do not want asylum. Otherwise they would have. They want to immigrate to America but they do not want to wait their turn in line. They traveled another 1000 miles to our border claiming asylum.

Who are they fleeing from the Mexican government and the Mexican people as they travel a 1000 miles across Mexico. Sorry I have been to Mexico too many times and I have family from Mexico. I know they are not fleeing anyone in Mexico and their lives are not in any danger from the Mexican people. Only fools cannot see through the lies of these people. Sorry but the people of Mexico are good people not people these cowards/criminals need to flee from. They even speak the same language making asylum much easier. They can immigrate to this country but need to get in line like everyone else instead of trying to lie their way to the front of the line.

I have a ton of respect for all the law abiding immigrants living in poverty and under terrible leaders all across this world waiting decades to immigrate to this country. I have no respect for these lying people trying to jump ahead of them. There are 100's of millions more likely billions of people living in the same and worse conditions all over the world. I guess we need to tell them that our new immigration policy is to travel to our border and sneak across If and when caught claim asylum. We will no longer be allowing people to legally immigrate to our country thanks to the left and Biden.

More civilians were killed as a result of the drug war in Mexico between 2007 and 2014 than in Iraq and Afghanistan during that same period.....combined. Pretending there isn’t a war on down there is flat out ignorant. Especially since Mexicans have fought for their own freedom many times, including against the French and their Confederate camp followers.

It takes a special kind of ignorance to sit in perfect safety on your couch and demand others risk the lives of their families— because that’s who the death squads take special delight in murdering in as brutal a manner as possible— on a quixotic quest to defeat the cartels by “dragging out politicians”.
Sorry but I joined the military and was more than willing to fight for my freedom as well as the freedom of people all over the world. So save your lies for yourself if they apply. Instead of everyone in the world running here expecting me and my children to do their fighting why don't they grow a pair and fight for their freedom. If they don't have the courage to fight for their freedom then they don't deserve it. We should be shipping these asylum seekers to Ukraine so the Ukrainian people can show them how it is done.

[

The problem, of course, is that in many cases the governments they chose for themselves were toppled by the United States in the name of “freeeeeeeddoooooom”.

Not to mention, of course, that in many cases those railroads and infrastructure were built by brutally exploiting those actually doing the building, whether via slavery in the early days or terror campaigns in effort to prevent said workers from organizing and improving their working conditions.

Your posts reek of ignorance. Do better.
You mean like we did in this country to the black people and the immigrants like the Irish and the Chinese who built our railroads.

Seems we were able to overcome this problem in the bloodiest war of our history.

Time for them to stop running and start fighting for their freedom.

1648421195104.png

How responsible are you for our current government?

You cannot compare responsibility for drunk driving which is completely on the driver with the political system that a person is born into had no part in shaping and has no real power to affect. The two are not remotely comparable.
Sorry you missed the point. I will explain it to you if you really need me to.

No its not obviously or they wouldn’t have needed the law.
That’s why they needed it?

Looks to me like somebody crunched statistics and decided adding this extra hoop to jump through would lower turnout. That’s always the goal of republican election efforts.

They can’t win if every eligible voter votes. See 2020. That was just a higher percentage voting. Because it was easier than ever.

Now we’re gonna need trainers and a good stretch and to pack at least two meals in some states just to cast our votes. (In dem leaning districts, anyway).

Why do we need proof of citizenship to vote when we already proved our citizenship when we registered to vote? That current voter ID card is more than enough.
I heard Texas is going to require cavity searches for bamboo ballots in dem leaning districts. And an internal ultrasound for women to make sure they aren’t smuggling tiny Mexicans into the polls.

That should do it.

You have proven my point. They have not and are not willing to fight for their freedom.

The asylum laws were put in place so the people fleeing war could cross the border into another country and seek asylum. These people should have applied for asylum the minute they crossed into Mexico. But they do not want asylum. Otherwise they would have. They want to immigrate to America but they do not want to wait their turn in line. They traveled another 1000 miles to our border claiming asylum.

Who are they fleeing from the Mexican government and the Mexican people as they travel a 1000 miles across Mexico. Sorry I have been to Mexico too many times and I have family from Mexico. I know they are not fleeing anyone in Mexico and their lives are not in any danger from the Mexican people. Only fools cannot see through the lies of these people. Sorry but the people of Mexico are good people not people these cowards/criminals need to flee from. They even speak the same language making asylum much easier. They can immigrate to this country but need to get in line like everyone else instead of trying to lie their way to the front of the line.

I have a ton of respect for all the law abiding immigrants living in poverty and under terrible leaders all across this world waiting decades to immigrate to this country. I have no respect for these lying people trying to jump ahead of them. There are 100's of millions more likely billions of people living in the same and worse conditions all over the world. I guess we need to tell them that our new immigration policy is to travel to our border and sneak across If and when caught claim asylum. We will no longer be allowing people to legally immigrate to our country thanks to the left and Biden.
Sorry, but you don’t seem to grasp the law. Since 1980, the US has granted asylum to thousands of people who passed through “third countries,” as they are called, to seek asylum here, much as other countries have granted asylum to people who pass through third countries. Canada had a reputation some years ago of sheltering Sri Lankan’s during the persecution there, who obviously didn’t go there directly. I worked on Iranian cases, cases from various African countries, and few of those came here directly. As to people who fled Central America, there is no obligation - none - that a young teen, a woman, a senior, or a world class athlete stay and kill or die to change their country. And many do NOT choose to come here, but shelter elsewhere in their country, flee to other nearby countries, and, as you suggest, hide out in Mexico. Mexicans sheltering these people recommended that they go to Monterrey, a northern industrial city where they might get work and not be discovered. I must confess that I don’t know Mexico’s asylum system. In the past it’s military forced some Guatemalans back and they were killed upon their return, but that was some time ago. Mexico has a reputation of sheltering prominent exiles. As a practical matter, people often tended to chose where to run based on where a relative or friend wound up. As a legal matter, the US is prohibited from returning people to danger.

I cannot wait to hear the trumpies when it’s almost impossible for dems to vote in some states and super easy for republicans in the next election.

No politician ever gives themselves a power they don’t intend to use. Ever.

Sorry but I joined the military and was more than willing to fight for my freedom as well as the freedom of people all over the world. So save your lies for yourself if they apply. Instead of everyone in the world running here expecting me and my children to do their fighting why don't they grow a pair and fight for their freedom. If they don't have the courage to fight for their freedom then they don't deserve it. We should be shipping these asylum seekers to Ukraine so the Ukrainian people can show them how it is done.

Who said anything about “do their fighting”? These people are specifically fleeing so that they and their families aren’t murdered by death squads and brutal tyrants. You feeling victimized by the fact they aren’t willing to be slaughtered is your own problem, nobody else’s.

Especially since those fighting against thugs like Assad don’t have the advantages the US military has.

Once again, it takes a special kind of ignorance to rant and rave about how people escaping death squads “don’t deserve freedom” because they aren’t willing to let their families be burned alive.

You mean like we did in this country to the black people and the immigrants like the Irish and the Chinese who built our railroads.

Seems we were able to overcome this problem in the bloodiest war of our history.

Time for them to stop running and start fighting for their freedom.

View attachment 67382510

You do realize that the Harlem Hellfighters, despite “fighting for freedom”, wouldn’t see a shred of that freedom for the next four decades or so?

If anything, after the brief safe haven of reconstruction the oppression African Americans faced was every bit as bad, with the late 1910s and early 1920s being particularly bad.

So spare us the talking points, all you are revealing is how colossally ignorant you are.

Back
Top Bottom