• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you offended by this poster?

What's wrong with what the little kid whose in the middle of his dive is doing?

Diving while the other person is still in the area.

I think are obvious reasons for eyebrow raising.

The dark-skinned kid who is diving is not doing anything wrong
(he is far enough from the swimmer not to pose a danger). And if
he is not cool then the light-skinned kid is swimming too close
to the diving area, and she ought to get a not-cool label too.

The dark-skinned kid in the middle of the pool on the other side
of the rope from the diver is not doing a damn thing wrong. He is
getting blamed for nothing.

I don't see why the light-skinned kid holding the baby should be
singled out for being cool when there are eight other kids who are
also being cool as far as I can tell.

The runners and the pusher are misbehaving, and 2/3 are dark-skinned.

On the other hand it is not clear why the light-skinned kid with the bottle
is not cool, because you can't tell if the bottle is glass (do they even make
glass bottles any more?), and I have been to plenty of pools where plastic
and metal drink cans are allowed.

All in all it is a stupid poster and should be replaced. It would be more
fair if the light-skinned guy with the baby was being uncool for holding
the baby upside down by the ankles and swinging it around in a circle,
or something like that.

Even better would be if the light-skinned boy life guard and the dark-
skinned girl life guard were off in a corner neglecting their duties and
making out.

Pretty sure the kid dived off the side rather than the diving board, which isn't allowed in most polls but really wasn't too obvious from just that pic. The white guy/kid I think has a glass bottle or something like that, again not very clear definitely would have to see a written list of rules to know for sure (they might not allow any food or drinks near the pool).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does it explain what rule the drowning boy is breaking?

I don't thinks was drowning. Likely other posters were right about him yelling/shouting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm offended at how terrible the poster is. Seriously, it's a complete piece of ****.

It is for little kids to be able to understand... it works just fine.

I don't think he was drowning. Honestly, I have no idea what the **** he's supposed to be doing.

You swear a lot now... no more sweet little governess for us, eh?

And sometimes a poster is just a poster.

Those who look for reasons to be be offended are sure to find them and / or invent them.

It isn't any kind of a big deal and I read where someone said the Red Cross's apology was insufficient. That's blowing it out of proportion for sure, but, I'm sorry, the disparity in how those with darker skin are depicted as the rule breakers is obvious and it really is insensitive. I get how PC I'm sounding but folks with darker skin are often regarded with immediate suspicion that they're up to no good. I have some very close Hispanic friends. Professional people, one a graduate of Yale, who are generous with everything they got and even they get closely scrutinized when they're in a place that doesn't have a large Hispanic population.

I seriously can't imagine what the person who created this poster was thinking. Again, I don't think it malicious and I won't presume the person is racist just based on this but I think Red Cross is right to do away with this poster.

I'm offended at how terrible the poster is. Seriously, it's a complete piece of ****.

Many of the replies to this thread have totally made me lol, so for that selfish reason, the poster's not all bad.

I don't understand why anyone would go around looking to be offended. Frankly if you go around looking closely at posters like this counting black v. white kids misbehaving it's quite obvious you need to get a life. I mean seriously, just shut the **** up.

Oh and people seriously, the whole sexist angle is stupid. Look at statistics sometimes on discipline problems/criminal behavior.

It is for little kids to be able to understand... it works just fine.

What is the diving board even for? Are you just supposed to go on it and then turn around or what? The kid getting on it is following the rules, but the kid using it as it is intended is not? WTF? Why is the diving board even there?

I don't understand why anyone would go around looking to be offended. Frankly if you go around looking closely at posters like this counting black v. white kids misbehaving it's quite obvious you need to get a life. I mean seriously, just shut the **** up.

Oh and people seriously, the whole sexist angle is stupid. Look at statistics sometimes on discipline problems/criminal behavior.

I think if you have even a passing concern that trans people get treated as the gender they present themselves as in casual day to day dealings with people it might would benefit you to get a life as well. I'm just saying, we all have things that we care about that others may well think silly or not worth it.

I think if you have even a passing concern that trans people get treated as the gender they present themselves as in casual day to day dealings with people it might would benefit you to get a life as well. I'm just saying, we all have things that we care about that others may well think silly or not worth it.

Hey, if you want to say things inaccurate be my guest, but don't demand I do the same. Why did you think I cared what you said personally? You can say the ****ing person is a cheetah for all I care, but I won't say it.

What is the diving board even for? Are you just supposed to go on it and then turn around or what? The kid getting on it is following the rules, but the kid using it as it is intended is not? WTF? Why is the diving board even there?

Yeah, that made absolutely no sense.

Pools once had diving boards. I spect this is a 1990's thing. BTW the kid diving is "not cool" because when we allowed diving boards you were not supposed to use it till the previous person touched the side of the pool.

Of course I am. All the bad kids are black. But seriously. Who gives a crap? I was a lifeguard. Bad kids were black. They were also white. They were also girls. They were also boys.

So in other words kids are demon spawn :mrgreen:

Mine were. My youngest son was like BamBam on the Flintstones.

You had better tell him his mom(Betty) is being pushed into the pool.

Back
Top Bottom