• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you offended by this poster?

those ol' trouble makin' hyper-pigmented kids.

as for offended, not really. i'm sure that fox will give this political correctness crisis saturation coverage to stir up the wingers, though.
Classic. Where else will you find someone commenting on a subject RAISED by a 'superoffended' liberal who ran to NBC and had multiple News Agencies lambasting the Red Cross for their 'racist' poster wetting themselves and shrieking "faux news!!! faux news!!!"?

I almost certainly would have never heard of this if it wasn't for these conservative outrage thingies.
Classic. Where else will you find someone commenting on a subject RAISED by a 'superoffended' liberal who ran to NBC and had multiple News Agencies lambasting the Red Cross for their 'racist' poster wetting themselves and shrieking "faux news!!! faux news!!!"?

I almost certainly would have never heard of this if it wasn't for these conservative outrage thingies.
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Red+Cross+poster

Its on national news. Hell...its made it to the international news markets. ABC, NBC, Chicago Trib, Time, NBC, etc. Thats the ridiculous irony. Everything ABOUT this story is 'liberal', from the person that was 'superoffended' to the markets that pimped it...yet, all you can see is 'conservatives'?

Probably says more about you than it does about anything else, really.

What's wrong with what the little kid whose in the middle of his dive is doing?
Most pools with diving boards have a rule about patrons exiting the diving well before the next person can dive in

Last edited:
Yeah, even as insensitive as I am about such things, it's obvious. I doubt whoever did the poster meant anything by it but I can see the issue.

Yup. I first noticed it by gettin' up close just to read what it said by the arrows pointing at the kids. I very quickly noticed that practically all of the bad kids are non-white.

I also doubt the creator explicitly thought about what they were doing. But it's just another way that people can reveal their internal biases.

Offended? Not really. I live in a society coated with this stuff all over the place. I pretty much expect it. A bit of a sigh and an eye-roll? Yeah. I'm tired of it.

This would be a good thing to put on a collage about subtle messages in our daily world, for some kind of class or discussion about such things. The bias is obvious once you read what the arrows say.

But news-worthy? No. This happens literally all the time, everywhere.

You do have the chick on the bottom right-hand side pushing the other girl in the pool.

That looked like a little boy to me pushing a little girl in. I see it now.

Not sure what the ineluctably in the middle is doing wrong though. Is he peeing in the pool?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No poster can offend me.
Not since AmericanSpartan was banned anyways.

That looked like a little boy to me pushing a little girl in. I see it now.

Not sure what the ineluctably in the middle is doing wrong though. Is he peeing in the pool?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he's yelling.

The kid to the right of him looks like he's drowning. Parents should be mad that the message is if a kid is drowning, carry on with your usual pool time activities.

Well maybe drowning is against the rules and that's why what he's doing is "not cool".

I don't understand what the kid on the other side of the divider is doing.
Peeing in the pool, maybe?
Drowning, maybe?
I dunno.
Now that I look at the poster more closely, the two darkest kids are obese.

liberals get offended by cartoons, while right wingers get offended when someone takes a dig at their RNC infomercial. we can all be offended together. kumbaya, and pass the hairy buffalo.

No, these are the same hypocrites that get all bent out of shame over a ****ing X-Men poster and try to make a ****ing hate crime about GUNS.

Just so they don't declare war on Christmas.:roll:

No, these are the same hypocrites that get all bent out of shame over a ****ing X-Men poster and try to make a ****ing hate crime about GUNS.

Well what else would you expect from SJW's? Rationality?

Peeing in the pool, maybe?
Drowning, maybe?
I dunno.
Now that I look at the poster more closely, the two darkest kids are obese.
Considering the position of his arms and legs I think he's on top of someone

Considering the position of his arms and legs I think he's on top of someone

Possibly......
Obviously, I need to do more in-depth analysis of this poster in order to become sufficiently offended.

liberals get offended by cartoons, while right wingers get offended when someone takes a dig at their RNC infomercial. we can all be offended together. kumbaya, and pass the hairy buffalo.
Sure...except so far, I am not seeing a whole lot of wicked crazy offended conservatives...just an OP pointing out the stupidity of liberals that WERE losing their **** over it.

Was it 'wrong' for the OP to point out the stupidity of liberals losing their **** over this? Did that indicate to you she was 'offended' by the liberals being offended?

Good post.
I got to google "hairy buffalo".
What a great poolside drink.....no glass containers, please.

Sure...except so far, I am not seeing a whole lot of wicked crazy offended conservatives...just an OP pointing out the stupidity of liberals that WERE losing their **** over it.

Was it 'wrong' for the OP to point out the stupidity of liberals losing their **** over this? Did that indicate to you she was 'offended' by the liberals being offended?

The key to world peace is to not take ourselves so seriously.
This way, people can be zealous Conservatives and brainwashed Liberals and love one another for it.

Back
Top Bottom