• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are we going to have a Schumer shutdown of the government?

A funding bill for the government needs to be passed that also has the 5 billion dollars for the wall. The president wants it, the people want it, and the house has passed it. It is ONLY Schumer and his cohorts that dont want it.

So yes-------------it will rightly be called the Schumer Shutdown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not so. Polls show a majority not supporting a wall.

Immigration

It indicates motivation.
Trump is motivated by border security...national security.
Schumer is motivated by Trump opposition.

Not really at all about who bears responsibility.
I see.

Is the text about Schumer being motivated by "Trump opposition" also in the transcript?

Or is that more of a read-between-the-lines sort of thing you did on your own?

A funding bill for the government needs to be passed that also has the 5 billion dollars for the wall. The president wants it, the people want it, and the house has passed it. It is ONLY Schumer and his cohorts that dont want it.

So yes-------------it will rightly be called the Schumer Shutdown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The majority of voters voted for Hillary. They do not want this frigging wall.

And didn't trump promise Mexico would pay for it? He promised this HUNDREDS OF TIMES since he entered the race in 2015!

Now he is demanding the American taxpayer pay for it. Let his supporters pay of it. They want it - they should pay for it.

Putin, Assad and Kim Jong Un are laughing their heads off right now.

America has the DUMBEST and most CROOKED president in US history!

“I am proud to shut down the government for border security... So I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I'm not going to blame you for it."

-Donald Trump to Chuck Schumer

I remember this. trump ACTUALLY SAID IT on video and BILLIONS of people around the world heard him say it.

trumpers can deny it all they like - but trump did BRAG that he was going to shut down government - that will cost BILLIONS - just so he can get American money to pay for the wall he PROMISED MEXICO WOULD PAY FOR!!!!

BROKEN PROMISE BY A BIG FAT ORANGE BABY!!!

Not so. Polls show a majority not supporting a wall.

Immigration

I strongly support a wall being built and paid for by MEXICO.

i DO NOT support a wall being paid for by American taxpayers.

If the trumpers want the wall - THEY SHOULD PAY FOR IT. So cough up the money or else. I am sure you can do without food and water for a month to help build the wall.

The majority of the House wants it. More than half the Senate will vote for it. The only ones who stand in the way of funding for the wall is Schumer and his merry band of Senate Dems.

Schumer Shutdown.

Remember, even Trump said they weren’t to blame. Perhaps they oppose it cause it’s a dumb plan, Trump’s Pharoh’s Tomb. Do you really think republicans think the wall is a good idea? They are smarter than that, votingfor it cause the base has swallowed Trump’s Kool-aid.

It indicates motivation.

Trump is motivated by border security...national security.

Schumer is motivated by Trump opposition.

Schumer is motivated by the fact that he isn't a member of the Mexican Legislature, the financially responsible party named by Trump.

We do have a Trump shutdown. Remember, he's proud of it.

Don't you silly liberals realize that a shutdown could have been avoided if you all just rolled over, played dead, and let Trump the wise make all the great decisions for us!

It's mighty lucky that the FBI and the Federal Trade Commission weren't already shut down when this guy tried to fly the coop with intellectual property worth a billion dollars.
Talk about a bad dangerous immigrant...

[FONT=&quot]A Chinese national has been arrested after being named in a federal criminal complaint that alleged he stole battery-related trade secrets from an Oklahoma energy company.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hongjin Tan, a 35-year-old citizen of The People’s Republic of China and legal permanent resident of the U.S., made an initial appearance before a magistrate Thursday in Tulsa federal court and was booked later that same day into the Creek County Jail on a theft of trade secrets complaint, records show.[/FONT]

I wonder how many more people like this will slip out of the country while our government is shut down.

PS: A wall wouldn't have done a damn thing to stop him either.
You see, he was flying out on an AIRPLANE. :lamo

Don't you silly liberals realize that a shutdown could have been avoided if you all just rolled over, played dead, and let Trump the wise make all the great decisions for us!

he seems to believe that constitutes "bipartisanship"

Not even all of his base wants it, and certainly NO ONE ELSE wants it.

wall.jpg

and:

"I am proud to shut down the government for border security... I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down."
-Donald Trump

The jury is still out.

There have been suggestions by many...Trump included...that McConnell should nuke the 60 vote thing and pass the wall budget with 51 votes.

Will he do it? We'll find out. If he doesn't, then yeah...we'll have the Schumer shutdown.

Here's why he won't do that. He knows the country is shifting more to the left. So, if he did do it, it would backfire as soon as dems eventually take over both houses and the presidency.

That's one line he will not cross. But, who knows.

Trump owned this one, sorry.

The jury is still out.

There have been suggestions by many...Trump included...that McConnell should nuke the 60 vote thing and pass the wall budget with 51 votes.

Will he do it? We'll find out. If he doesn't, then yeah...we'll have the Schumer shutdown.

The jury never left, they're not needed when the crook confesses, "I am proud to shut down the government".

I can't wait to read Numnuts next ghost written book, "The Art Of The Shutdown"...

“I am proud to shut down the government for border security... So I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I'm not going to blame you for it."

-Donald Trump to Chuck Schumer

It's a classic example of why we're taught as kids to "think before you speak". This quote above is a perfect example as is stating Mexico is going to pay for the wall without having confirmed if that was possible. This really belongs in amateur hour.

Your post was a perfect first response to the absurd OP and nothing could be added to it, so I merely quote the post.

The response would be QFT (or quoted for truth) to get the meaning across.

And if my dog could fart rainbows and gold nuggets...I would say thats a good thing.

sorry to break it to you, but your dog farts are NOT worth a hundred million.

By the Presidents own words this is HIS shutdown. He can go back on it fifty times but he clearly stated he would take full and knowledgeable responsibility for any shutdown that would happen on the wall funding issue.

New poll shows more people than every want the wall. President Trump wants the wall, the House voted for the wall. It just the idiot Schumer that thinks more of criminal invaders than Americans that doesnt want the wall. Therefore it IS the Schumer shutdown.

New poll shows more people than every want the wall. President Trump wants the wall, the House voted for the wall. It just the idiot Schumer that thinks more of criminal invaders than Americans that doesnt want the wall. Therefore it IS the Schumer shutdown.

Actually the latest poll shows that 54% do not want a wall. So yor argument is moot. And the idea that a wall will do anyone but Trump any good makes me want it even less. I garee with many here, We build the wall when Trump can convince the Mexican's to pay for it as he promised.

Back
Top Bottom