• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anti-maskers explain themselves

His daughter wanted to bring her unmasked children into his home. Endangering vulnerable seniors is okay in your book?
If they are stooopid enough to take the risks? Yes.
Grandpa can wear his own mask and keep the required distance. Problem solved.

Leave the kids alone, let them play, and watch. Slobbering and hugging is out for a while. BFD.

His daughter wanted to bring her unmasked children into his home. Endangering vulnerable seniors is okay in your book?
Obviously not. If the grandfather is afraid of germs he has every right to tell his daughter and grandchildren to stay the **** out of his home.

Similarly, "real" children wouldn't bring the grandkids who visit grandparents soon after being exposed to COVID without making them wear masks. You do understand it was the child coming to the grandparents' home, right?
Masks dont stop covid. If you were exposed to covid and go visit an elderly person with a mask you are one of the dumbest humans spat out a of womb.

It's more than child abuse. Kids are super active and run around all day long. They need all the oxygen they can get. You have no idea what the long-term consequences of wearing masks are, do you? It's harder to breathe and you breathe bad air - your own exhausts with higher than normal humidity. Did you notice how your glasses fog up from that mask?

If they cough or sneeze, do you change their masks every time or let them inhale their own coughs - something that the body wanted to get rid of? The masked idiots are really annoying in trying to justify their sheepish ignorance without any evidence (in numbers) how effective those cheap masks are other than "masks work. That's a slogan, not science, as science is numbers.

On top of all that, kid's sense that there is danger but don't know what it is and that they are immune. Yes, I said immune because those very few (less than 30 or so) that died had underlying conditions like the one with epilepsy. The fearmongers, of course, claimed that it was the virus that killed that kid. The fact that 600 people die every year in the US from epilepsy went unreported that day.

Grandparents have no right to dump their problems and fears on their grandkids. The only right they have in this respect is to sit home and watch Netflix.

The above was written by a grandpa of four.

Children are not immune to COVID. That's another Trump lie. They do get COVID, but they are more likely to be asymptomatic.

Children are not immune to COVID. That's another Trump lie. They do get COVID, but they are more likely to be asymptomatic.
I am really getting tired of teaching English.

Immune: not affected or influenced by something.

Can't you guys google the bloody word before you write it?

Scroll down to Appendix Table 6A: Child Mortality Data Available on 9/17/20 That table covers kids all the way to 19.

That's immunity since it's safe to assume that many, if not all, had some underlying conditions - like being obese, had epilepsy or cancer.

Last edited:
I am really getting tired of teaching English.

Immune: not affected or influenced by something.

Can't you guys google the bloody word before you write it?
Struck a nerve didn't I? You said that children are immune to COVID. I said they're not. Children are not immune to COVID. That is a perfectly grammatical sentence. Sorry if the facts distress you.

Until covid-19 was made political, EVERY expert and EVERY study urged NOT wearing masks - including they caused more risk and harm than good. NO STUDY - ever - has supported homemade masks to this day. NONE. EVERY so-called expert urging wearing masks equally urged NOT wearing masks because they are harmful up until about April of this year. The "science" on covid-19 immediately became agenda-goals social manipulation and anti-science.

Homemade and cheap masks spread viruses and bacteria - plus breed bacteria. They do no good because they simply exhaust the virus to the sides and upwards - remaining in the air anyway. They gather viruses on and in the mask - and then disperse them everywhere the person goes - meaning they spread virus rather than contain them. Cheap homemade masks harm (or kill) the wearer. Requiring masks are only about creating a completely submissive society complying with non-legislative dictatorial edicts and a social placebo claiming to create safety when they actually enhance the danger.

You can be as smugly dismissive as no doubt 200,000 dead Americans were. You are as vulnerable to infection and serious illness as everyone else, and don't think for a second that macho posturing is a barrier to infection.
200,000 have not died of covid-19. The number is closer to 1/10th that many.

It would provide more peace of mind and financial stability if those who are afraid of germs simply stay at home. Since they are the ones with the issue why should others have to suffer to placate them?
Because it's an issue best characterized by "should" in the "loving your neighbour" sense, and not "should" in the "morally, legally, or practically imperative" sense, which is how you're considering it.

Note that I'm talking about masking here. Not the lockdowns.

Because it's an issue best characterized by "should" in the "loving your neighbour" sense, and not "should" in the "morally, legally, or practically imperative" sense, which is how you're considering it.

Note that I'm talking about masking here. Not the lockdowns.
Again, Ill ask, follwoing that philosophy why dont the maskers stay home in the sense of loving thy neighbor? Its less suffering for society. Seems rather selfish to punish others because some people are afraid of germs.

Again, Ill ask, follwoing that philosophy why dont the maskers stay home in the sense of loving thy neighbor? Its less suffering for society. Seems rather selfish to punish others because some people are afraid of germs.
Some do just stay at home. Mask dramatically reduce the spread of the COVID virus. This has been amply demonstrated. In order for the economy to function, people need to leave their homes. When they do, they should wear masks to protect themselves and others. This is basic common sense.

It's more than child abuse. Kids are super active and run around all day long. They need all the oxygen they can get. You have no idea what the long-term consequences of wearing masks are, do you? It's harder to breathe and you breathe bad air - your own exhausts with higher than normal humidity. Did you notice how your glasses fog up from that mask?

If they cough or sneeze, do you change their masks every time or let them inhale their own coughs - something that the body wanted to get rid of? The masked idiots are really annoying in trying to justify their sheepish ignorance without any evidence (in numbers) how effective those cheap masks are other than "masks work. That's a slogan, not science, as science is numbers.

You're calling people "masked idiots" and haven't backed up a single claim with "science." Why not? Do the standards you demand only apply to others, and not you?

On top of all that, kid's sense that there is danger but don't know what it is and that they are immune. Yes, I said immune because those very few (less than 30 or so) that died had underlying conditions like the one with epilepsy. The fearmongers, of course, claimed that it was the virus that killed that kid. The fact that 600 people die every year in the US from epilepsy went unreported that day.

Grandparents have no right to dump their problems and fears on their grandkids. The only right they have in this respect is to sit home and watch Netflix.

The above was written by a grandpa of four.

The daughter was possibly exposed. She has no right to put her parents at risk.

The people I know who are the most worried about COVID are making every effort to stay at home. But groceries need to be bought, medical appointments need to be kept, prescriptions need to be refilled, etc., etc. Maybe a wealthy Millennial could pull off staying at home 100% of the time, but most people--and especially seniors--need to leave home occasionally. Not to mention the fact that staying completely isolated at home drives people nuts--quite literally. We're not designed for it and it creates serious physical and psychological problems.

So again, as annoying and humbling as masking up is (and I acknowledge that there is an element of humility involved, because wearing a mask says to society "I believe this is necessary" when one vehemently believes it isn't necessary), on the basis of minimizing overall suffering, discomfort, anxiety, and in the spirit of loving our neighbours, it's something we ought to do. And not because some expert thinks so, or because the government says so, or because some virtue-signalling mask Nazi insists we'll kill a million people if we don't.

Some do just stay at home. Mask dramatically reduce the spread of the COVID virus. This has been amply demonstrated. In order for the economy to function, people need to leave their homes. When they do, they should wear masks to protect themselves and others. This is basic common sense.
Why dont all just stay home? Im not getting a cogent answer,

The people I know who are the most worried about COVID are making every effort to stay at home. But groceries need to be bought, medical appointments need to be kept, prescriptions need to be refilled, etc., etc. Maybe a wealthy Millennial could pull off staying at home 100% of the time, but most people--and especially seniors--need to leave home occasionally. Not to mention the fact that staying completely isolated at home drives people nuts--quite literally. We're not designed for it and it creates serious physical and psychological problems.

So again, as annoying and humbling as masking up is (and I acknowledge that there is an element of humility involved, because wearing a mask says to society "I believe this is necessary" when one vehemently believes it isn't necessary), on the basis of minimizing overall suffering, discomfort, anxiety, and in the spirit of loving our neighbours, it's something we ought to do. And not because some expert thinks so, or because the government says so, or because some virtue-signalling mask Nazi insists we'll kill a million people if we don't.
Groceries can easily be delivered along with prescriptions. If people cant afford it, there are services that do this for them at not charge. Also, everyone can see their doctor remotely as we all know. Wearing masks also creates problems for people especially the ones that are forced to wear them at work all day. That creates physical as well as emotional issues. Again, the maskers are creating more problems for others than the non maskers are creating for them. Shouldnt the needs of the many outweigh those of the few Mr. Spock?

Until covid-19 was made political, EVERY expert and EVERY study urged NOT wearing masks - including they caused more risk and harm than good. NO STUDY - ever - has supported homemade masks to this day. NONE. EVERY so-called expert urging wearing masks equally urged NOT wearing masks because they are harmful up until about April of this year. The "science" on covid-19 immediately became agenda-goals social manipulation and anti-science.

Homemade and cheap masks spread viruses and bacteria - plus breed bacteria. They do no good because they simply exhaust the virus to the sides and upwards - remaining in the air anyway. They gather viruses on and in the mask - and then disperse them everywhere the person goes - meaning they spread virus rather than contain them. Cheap homemade masks harm (or kill) the wearer. Requiring masks are only about creating a completely submissive society complying with non-legislative dictatorial edicts and a social placebo claiming to create safety when they actually enhance the danger.
I hereby name you the Genius of this forum. Thanks for restoring my faith in humanity. That's exactly what the swamp is doing - testing us.
The mask sheep will soon claim that the importance of oxygen is greatly exaggerated and that we, whites, should use less and save it for the minorities because of their higher mortality rates.

From dailymail.com:
  • Sweden was only European nation not to introduce strict lockdown measures
  • It has been recording its lowest number of Covid-19 cases since start of outbreak
  • It has seen 28 infections per 100,000 people compared to UK's 69 per 100,000
I am going to get a bottle to celebrate Sweden's sanity.

Another one from dailymail.com:

Texas doctor, 28, dies from coronavirus after becoming infected treating positive patients in the ER and suffering a 'massive brain bleed' after months-long illness

You have to go way down to find out that she suffered from asthma.

Then, a comment from one of the readers:

She had severe asthma and should NOT have been treating Covid 19 Patients- they left that out.

They sure did. Swamp leaves out inconvenient details.

Well, first of all your nose isn't covered. You do realize that you're capable of emitting germs through you nose, right?

Read my lips:

I DON'T CARE. People who are that in fear of me in public should just keep their distance, I am not approaching them anyway. So not going to wear a mask when there is sufficient distance to make "germs" not an issue anyway. Not going to walk around looking like a sheep just to make other sheep feel good.

If I have to go into a pharmacy to get a prescription for something I can't get delivered to my home, I'll put on a mask to make the histrionic hand wringers "feel safe", but that mostly because I don't want to hear their whining and yelping.

People like you are the reason the US is the 206th worst as measured by deaths per million population among the 215 countries tracked by worldometer.

Oh sure I am. It couldn't have anything to do with all of really stupid people---especially the ones living in our most libtard cities causing the infections. All the dumbskis out with their paper masks protesting, partying---actually thinking paper masks are "magic". No, they couldn't possibly be the factor?

If you haven’t figured out by now that masks work far better when both parties wear them and that it is most important for the infectious person (who may not know they are infected) to be wearing one then you are just not paying any attention.

And what about people who know they aren't infected? SMART PEOPLE like me who have avoided all contact with other people since early March? What then does that mask accomplish other than make dumb people feel good? People like me who are actually sheltering at home and in isolation. So, if someone like that goes out into public, who are they putting at risk? Nobody.

You are the reason that we can’t fully reopen the economy. You are the reason that we may need to shut down again.

Really? I haven't stopped spending money or buying during this pandemic, I am actually spending MORE than before the pandemic. I spend thousands each month having goods and serviced delivered to my home... and tipping all the drivers too. Not that I am going and staying in hotels or flying on airplanes, but I wouldn't do that now even if everyone around me had on a mask on because if you are sitting on an airplane near an infected person for hours at some point YOU ARE inhaling their infected cells, and you WILL get infected--- and then some paper mask--- maybe on correctly or off at some point, won't help you anyway.

I assume you are also against making people follow a speed limit mandate when they don’t want to.

If someone is on a desert highway in the middle of the night with no cars coming in either direction for miles and miles and for many hours---- who cares how fast or slow that guy is driving?

That is the better analogy.

Why make people follow any mandates when they don’t want to? It sounds like you are an anarchist.

No, but it sounds like you are being histrionic about the mask thing. You see your entire perspective on this is that you expect OTHER PEOPLE to keep you safe. Well, I don't think that way, I don't trust other people, so I keep myself safe, and in doing that, I am actually the one keeping YOU safe. Get it?

Oh sure I am. It couldn't have anything to do with all of really stupid people---especially the ones living in our most libtard cities causing the infections. All the dumbskis out with their paper masks protesting, partying---actually thinking paper masks are "magic". No, they couldn't possibly be the factor?

And what about people who know they aren't infected? SMART PEOPLE like me who have avoided all contact with other people since early March? What then does that mask accomplish other than make dumb people feel good? People like me who are actually sheltering at home and in isolation. So, if someone like that goes out into public, who are they putting at risk? Nobody.

Really? I haven't stopped spending money or buying during this pandemic, I am actually spending MORE than before the pandemic. I spend thousands each month having goods and serviced delivered to my home... and tipping all the drivers too. Not that I am going and staying in hotels or flying on airplanes, but I wouldn't do that now even if everyone around me had on a mask on because if you are sitting on an airplane near an infected person for hours at some point YOU ARE inhaling their infected cells, and you WILL get infected--- and then some paper mask--- maybe on correctly or off at some point, won't help you anyway.

If someone is on a desert highway in the middle of the night with no cars coming in either direction for miles and miles and for many hours---- who cares how fast or slow that guy is driving?

That is the better analogy.

No, but it sounds like you are being histrionic about the mask thing. You see your entire perspective on this is that you expect OTHER PEOPLE to keep you safe. Well, I don't think that way, I don't trust other people, so I keep myself safe, and in doing that, I am actually the one keeping YOU safe. Get it?

If you never leave your house and no one comes in then you don’t need to wear a mask. However, given that you are discouraging people from wearing masks, you are still part of the problem. People that don’t wear masks are endangering the people who make and deliver the goods and services that are keeping you alive.

It must be a lonely life for you. Most people would not want to live that way. The rest of us would be better off if people would take the simple step of wearing a mask so that we can better control the virus and people can live a more normal life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why don’t you just give up on this nonsense with "cases". "Cases" are a case of bs. The only things that count are hospitalizations and deaths.

Even NY Times had an article that 90% of cases are bs because the method used to detect "cases" magnifies data and detects the virus that is "clinically" insignificant.

Many kids under 18 are "cases", but the number of dead is like 30 for the entire country since the beginning of that liedemic. When in the nation of 330,000,000, 200,000 old guys die, it's sad but it's not "pandemic". It's called "life". Life is a terminal disease.

The fearmongers have been looking for a case of a student passing this "horrible" virus to a teacher in Europe and they didn't find any.

Do you know that 75% of those who died in Europe, died in nursing homes? This shows what a bs lockdowns are. In the US, of the 200,000 dead, the median age is 78. Only 20% were under 65. What a load of crap - I mean the lockdowns.

BTW, I cited Europe because Europe (Belgium, Spain, and the UK) has higher death rates than the US. At least 3 countries there. Sweden, that smartly didn't lockdown, has a LOWER death rate than the UK, the US, and Italy that did. Duh!

^ Here we have a classic example of Dunning-Kruger mixed in with entitled ignorance.

Notice what he does. He doesn't express his point with actual studies or even press reports. Just craps all over them with a bunch of emotional language designed to inflame people.

And he repeats some common acceleration talking points--"cases don't matter, only deaths matter"--Sweden is doing well--etc.

Perhaps he could open his mind and consider facts such as these:

Read my lips:

I DON'T CARE. People who are that in fear of me in public should just keep their distance, I am not approaching them anyway. So not going to wear a mask when there is sufficient distance to make "germs" not an issue anyway. Not going to walk around looking like a sheep just to make other sheep feel good.

If I have to go into a pharmacy to get a prescription for something I can't get delivered to my home, I'll put on a mask to make the histrionic hand wringers "feel safe", but that mostly because I don't want to hear their whining and yelping.
Alrighty. Just try to wear it properly. Or you could try one of those cut out masks. Technically you’re still wearing a mask. Might look stupid on ya but what do you care.

Groceries can easily be delivered along with prescriptions. If people cant afford it, there are services that do this for them at not charge. Also, everyone can see their doctor remotely as we all know.
I don't know where you live where there's no charge for grocery delivery, but it obviously ain't Canada. 🙂

Take my grandparents as an example. 89 and 91 years old, respectively. They've been taking every reasonable precaution they can to avoid contracting the virus because they're in the age bracket where it's fairly lethal.

Neither of them knows how to bank online, hence at the very least they have to occasionally visit a bank branch. They had their pool open for the summer, and closed it down recently for the fall. Closing down a pool requires going out to buy a variety of things. My grandmother's technical knowledge is such that she's lucky if she can access her e-mail let alone go shopping online. Hence she needs to visit the stores at least occasionally.

My grandmother had to go into the hospital for a biopsy of something or other--a skin lesion, I think. That can't be done over the phone.

They're doing their part by giving up 90% of their mobility. And frankly, even if they could live like prisoners in their own home with every need and service provided there, you seem to have glossed over my comment about people going out of their minds due to isolation. It's just not a reasonable expectation.

Wearing masks also creates problems for people especially the ones that are forced to wear them at work all day. That creates physical as well as emotional issues. Again, the maskers are creating more problems for others than the non maskers are creating for them. Shouldnt the needs of the many outweigh those of the few Mr. Spock?
They should when you're comparing apples to apples. But we're not. We're comparing total confinement and isolation of the few versus masks for the many.

As for "physical as well as emotional issues" wearing masks: get a better mask. I can't stand the disposable ones, but you'll find some decent cotton ones online that don't accumulate moisture or perspiration and breathe pretty liberally. I like black. Makes me look like a ninja. 😐

I don't know where you live where there's no charge for grocery delivery, but it obviously ain't Canada. 🙂

Take my grandparents as an example. 89 and 91 years old, respectively. They've been taking every reasonable precaution they can to avoid contracting the virus because they're in the age bracket where it's fairly lethal.

Neither of them knows how to bank online, hence at the very least they have to occasionally visit a bank branch. They had their pool open for the summer, and closed it down recently for the fall. Closing down a pool requires going out to buy a variety of things. My grandmother's technical knowledge is such that she's lucky if she can access her e-mail let alone go shopping online. Hence she needs to visit the stores at least occasionally.

My grandmother had to go into the hospital for a biopsy of something or other--a skin lesion, I think. That can't be done over the phone.

They're doing their part by giving up 90% of their mobility. And frankly, even if they could live like prisoners in their own home with every need and service provided there, you seem to have glossed over my comment about people going out of their minds due to isolation. It's just not a reasonable expectation.

They should when you're comparing apples to apples. But we're not. We're comparing total confinement and isolation of the few versus masks for the many.

As for "physical as well as emotional issues" wearing masks: get a better mask. I can't stand the disposable ones, but you'll find some decent cotton ones online that don't accumulate moisture or perspiration and breathe pretty liberally. I like black. Makes me look like a ninja. 😐
ahh the suffering of people who cant close their pools down.

Back
Top Bottom