• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

All 4 living former presidents say Trump’s claim that they wanted a border wall is false

Did they also edit the words YOU posted?

WTF is wrong with you? I posted the link to the actual interview. Do yourself a favor, and turn off Trump TV and listen to the ****ing interview so you will see how mind-bendingly ignorant and dishonest your posts are on that interview.

WTF is wrong with you? I posted the link to the actual interview. Do yourself a favor, and turn off Trump TV and listen to the ****ing interview so you will see how mind-bendingly ignorant and dishonest your posts are on that interview.

He posted fake news and got busted for it...Hopefully he'll man up and admit it...or maybe just run away like a coward

Oh but he was the "moral president."

Truth is, he was a child killer; the Droner In Chief. AKA: DIC.
What has escaped the minds of the left here is this question. “ why should we trust anything a past president who is still alive says ? “ that would be proclaiming we are empty headed.

What has escaped the minds of the left here is this question. “ why should we trust anything a past president who is still alive says ? “ that would be proclaiming we are empty headed.

Yet your fellow trump supporters have desperately tried to push that argument, we should....Great to see the desperation

Facts don't lie, people do.
Look at all the blue votes for the Secure Fence Act of 2006!
It's because of those blue votes, Pres. George W. Bush could say, "This bill will help protect the American people," after he signed the SFA into law.

:lol:

Thank you, Senators
Chuck Schumer, Patrick Leahy, Patty Murray, Hillary Clinton, Diane Feinstein, Joe Biden, and Barack Obama for giving America that "racist, immoral" border fence.

:lol:
Lol, yes. How "medieval" of them.

I know this is very difficult, but try to bear with me: IF they never spoke with Trump about the wall, THEN they cannot have told Trump that they thought they should have built a wall.

:doh

The headline said "...Trump's claim that they wanted a border wall is false"... which is not supported by the article. It said nothing about their support, or lack of it, for a border wall. Ad others pointed out, all four not only supported a wall in some form, but added to it.

The headline would have been more accurate if it said, "...Trump's claim that he spoke to the former presidents about the border wall is false".

Perhaps read more carefully before getting snarky.

Yet your fellow trump supporters have desperately tried to push that argument, we should....Great to see the desperation

Hardly. No one here has even attempted to acknowledge or declare that President Trump is a saint. Yet all the left here praised Dear Leader with every abated breath.

Hardly. No one here has even attempted to acknowledge or declare that President Trump is a saint. Yet all the left here praised DeR Leader with every abated breath.

Really?...Most appear to be kissing his fat white butt

Lets us all know when they wanted to spend 5.7 Billion on a stupid useless wall.....
I don't think anyone wants to spend money on stupid, useless walls.

Really?...Most appear to be kissing his fat white butt

In your eyes maybe. You need to take off the blinders. Perception can only be accomplished while you see what’s happening.

From Global News

All 4 living former presidents say Trump’s claim that they wanted a border wall is false

President Donald Trump’s recent claim that his predecessors endorsed his idea of a wall at the Mexican border got no support from the ex-presidents’ club.

Trump stated in a Rose Garden news conference Friday: “This should have been done by all of the presidents that preceded me. And they all know it. Some of them have told me that we should have done it.”

FACT CHECK: Mexico is not paying for the border wall, despite what Trump says

THE FACTS: The four living ex-presidents do not back him up on this claim.

COMMENT:-

Since William Lyon Mackenzie-King (Canada's PM throughout WWII was receiving his political advice from a Ouijha Board, his dog, and his dead mother, I cannot say that Mr. Trump's claim to have discussed this matter with former Presidents and that those Presidents support his position is false.

But ...

The article actually doesn't support the headline. Statements from the presidents noted only that they haven't spoken with President Trump about the wall.

I know this is very difficult, but try to bear with me: IF they never spoke with Trump about the wall, THEN they cannot have told Trump that they thought they should have built a wall.

:doh

The headline said "...Trump's claim that they wanted a border wall is false"... which is not supported by the article. It said nothing about their support, or lack of it, for a border wall. Ad others pointed out, all four not only supported a wall in some form, but added to it.

The headline would have been more accurate if it said, "...Trump's claim that he spoke to the former presidents about the border wall is false".

Perhaps read more carefully before getting snarky.

Wow, you went from making a stupid comment to making an explosively dishonest one.

Botton line: the headline absolutely is backed up by and based on Trump's claim, which was quoted in the text of the OP. I'm in no mood to argue with a Trump supporter who insists the sky is red.

So you have no evidence that they lied when they said they never talked to him. But you called them liars anyway.

No wonder Trump won the election. The same reason Jim Jones got 900 people to drink poison. Never underestimate the power cult leaders have on the easily duped.
If they claim they didnt support building walls and fences, they are liars.

And you know whats truly sad? Everything I just said? You used to know it was true.

And you know whats truly sad? Everything I just said? You used to know it was true.

But that's a straw man. Trump said he talked with some number of former Presidents and they told him they supported his efforts, paraphrased. From what we know that is false. So you're moving the goal posts.

Now you're claiming that all those presidents supported building a wall. I don't think Carter did, but even if he did, it's not a logical conclusion that if you or anyone else supports a 'wall' at locations X and Y that you therefore do, or must logically, support a wall all along the southern border, the coasts, and our border with Canada.

If you support spending $x on Medicare, is it logical to conclude you, therefore, must support Medicare for EVERYONE? Of course not, that's a stupid conclusion, but no stupider than your conclusion above.

You know what's even sadder? The fact that you keep posting about this, and still have no idea what the problem is.

Trump claimed he spoke with former US Presidents who told him they should have built the wall. The 4 living former Presidents denied having any such discussion with him.

When you understand what everyone else is talking about, let me know.

There may be a few things wrong with me, Tres, but reading comprehension isn't one of them and YOU posted the transcript of the interview. Rodriguez asked SPECIFICALLY about illegals voting. She even cited the reason they didn't vote, fear of deportation. Obama responded to her by saying "not true" and then went on to explain that there was no infrastructure to tie someone's vote back to an investigation leading to deportation. You posted the link yourself. He ABSOLUTELY implied that illegals should vote.

There may be a few things wrong with me, Tres, but reading comprehension isn't one of them and YOU posted the transcript of the interview. Rodriguez asked SPECIFICALLY about illegals voting. She even cited the reason they didn't vote, fear of deportation. Obama responded to her by saying "not true" and then went on to explain that there was no infrastructure to tie someone's vote back to an investigation leading to deportation. You posted the link yourself. He ABSOLUTELY implied that illegals should vote.

You are lying again. You said he encouraged illegals to vote and told them they could. He never did that, and you know it. You are lying and I can't stomach another one of your disgusting lying posts.

Im not privy to Trumps conversations with them. Neither are you. I m not defending nor arguing Trumps arguments. I am stating the absolute undeniable fact that Clinton, Bush, and Obama all touted the effectiveness of the border walls and fences THEY built. FFS...what the **** do you call this?

View attachment 67247565

Is it a wall? A fence? A barrier? is it RACIST?

This bull**** is exhausting. Hypocrites, the lot. The walls that are built are there for a reason. They are effective. We NEED more...not because I say so but because the Border Patrol says so. Because past presidents say so. hell...Chuck Schumer...the ****ing head leftist moron that now OPPOSES them says so.

This whole topic is so ****ing tiresome. There are literally hundreds of miles of EXISTING walls, fences and barriers. They didnt MAGICALLY get there. Congress voted to build them. Presidents signed to build them. Id bet money every single person on this site has supported the building of them-yes...even the ones now that insist walls are bad.,...eeeevil...racist. The ONLY opposition to a wall now is based on inane mindless hatred.

I'm betting that poster was for Bush's secure fence act legislation before they became a Trump border enforcement resister.
Place your bets here, folks. ;)

I'm betting that poster was for Bush's secure fence act legislation before they became a Trump border enforcement resister.
Place your bets here, folks. ;)
There is zero question.

Hate has destroyed integrity for a lot of people.

Hardly. No one here has even attempted to acknowledge or declare that President Trump is a saint. Yet all the left here praised Dear Leader with every abated breath.

President Trump is no better or worse than any other president we've had, at least in our lifetime.
With the exception of Jimmy Carter, show me one who is more morally intact than Trump.

All these smoke screens and mirrors, put up by the left and their barking media clowns, is a lame attempt to gain back power.

There is zero question.

Hate has destroyed integrity for a lot of people.

Yeah, this forum is really a quick study on how some act when they don't get their way.

He says later in the interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=281&v=oLLt-a6dI_0

Go to 4:15 or so

Obama: Part of what is important for latino CITIZENS (emphasis by Obama) is to make your voice heard because you're not just speaking for yourself, you're speaking for family members, friends...who may not have a voice, who can't legally vote, but they're counting on you to make sure that you have the courage to make your voice heard.

You are lying again. You said he encouraged illegals to vote and told them they could. He never did that, and you know it. You are lying and I can't stomach another one of your disgusting lying posts.

I believe the issue is that he may have misunderstood her question as she was asking about illegal aliens voting and fear of getting caught. He did later clarify the if you have an undocumented person in your family then it makes her vote that much more important so in my opinion I don't believe he was trying to encourage illegals to vote but rather he didn't catch the fact she was talking about noncitizens voting.

Back
Top Bottom