• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

All 4 living former presidents say Trump’s claim that they wanted a border wall is false

"Just because you supported and funded a wall doesn't mean you want a wall"? And I'm the one changing the goal posts?

Obama is the only recent president who decided to forego expanding the wall project. Then again, he was also the only recent president to tell illegal aliens living in the US that they wouldn't get caught if they voted.

Illegals voted?????...When?...Where?...Proof???......

I dont know about Carter..but I DO know there is video evidence of Clinton, Bush AND Obama not only proudly boasting of their achievement in building walls but in their effectiveness in fighting illegal immigration.

But NOW those ****ing liars are desperate to draw a distinction between a 'wall' and a fence'.

because of COURSE they are.

****ing hypocrites, the lot of them.

You're correct.
I couldn't find anything on former Pres. Carter but the other three, Obama, Clinton, and George W. Bush were all actively campaigning and advocating for enhanced border enforcements to keep our country safe, just like Trump.

Oh but Trump is so racist, evil, and what a liar. :lamo

"Just because you supported and funded a wall doesn't mean you want a wall"? And I'm the one changing the goal posts?

Obama is the only recent president who decided to forego expanding the wall project. Then again, he was also the only recent president to tell illegal aliens living in the US that they wouldn't get caught if they voted.

Post a link to this.

I dont know about Carter..but I DO know there is video evidence of Clinton, Bush AND Obama not only proudly boasting of their achievement in building walls but in their effectiveness in fighting illegal immigration.

But NOW those ****ing liars are desperate to draw a distinction between a 'wall' and a fence'.

because of COURSE they are.

****ing hypocrites, the lot of them.

Let's see your evidence that Trump is telling the truth, and he did speak with at least one of them and at least one of them said the words to Trump he claims were said.

Because according to all 4 of them, it didn't happen.

you remember when the big talk was Obama voted against the useage of drone strikes more than anyone else? Then used them more than all others combined during his first four years? Forked tounges and who has the pointiest Alex, for $800 please.

Oh but he was the "moral president."

Truth is, he was a child killer; the Droner In Chief. AKA: DIC.

Let's see your evidence that Trump is telling the truth, and he did speak with at least one of them and at least one of them said the words to Trump he claims were said.

The deflection is that previous presidents have built fences or walls themselves. That way they don't have to deal with Trump's lie that the 4 previous presidents had specifically talked with him and stated they wanted to build a wall like his.

Wow. Thanks for that. That link showed what a lie your post is. He never told illegals to vote. In fact, he said in order to vote, you have to be a citizen.

You should be ashamed of yourself continuing this lie.

RODRIGUEZ: Many of the millennials, Dreamers, undocumented citizens — and I call them citizens because they contribute to this country — are fearful of voting. So if I vote, will immigration know where I live? Will they come for my family and deport us?

OBAMA: Not true. And the reason is, first of all, when you vote, you are a citizen yourself. And there is not a situation where the voting rolls somehow are transferred over and people start investigating, et cetera. The sanctity of the vote is strictly confidential in terms of who you voted for. If you have a family member who maybe is undocumented, then you have an even greater reason to vote.

RODRIGUEZ: This has been a huge fear presented especially during this election.

OBAMA: And the reason that fear is promoted is because they don’t want people voting. People are discouraged from voting and part of what is important for Latino citizens is to make your voice heard, because you’re not just speaking for yourself. You’re speaking for family members, friends, classmates of yours in school…

RODRIGUEZ: Your entire community.

OBAMA: … who may not have a voice. Who can’t legally vote. But they’re counting on you to make sure that you have the courage to make your voice heard.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/obama-encouraged-illegal-aliens-to-vote/

Non sense.......Give it up...The Lie was been exposed

He SPECIFICALLY noted that there was no infrastructure in place to catch them if they voted. That's tantamount to telling them that they won't get caught if they vote.

From Global News

All 4 living former presidents say Trump’s claim that they wanted a border wall is false

President Donald Trump’s recent claim that his predecessors endorsed his idea of a wall at the Mexican border got no support from the ex-presidents’ club.

Trump stated in a Rose Garden news conference Friday: “This should have been done by all of the presidents that preceded me. And they all know it. Some of them have told me that we should have done it.”

FACT CHECK: Mexico is not paying for the border wall, despite what Trump says

THE FACTS: The four living ex-presidents do not back him up on this claim.

COMMENT:-

Since William Lyon Mackenzie-King (Canada's PM throughout WWII was receiving his political advice from a Ouijha Board, his dog, and his dead mother, I cannot say that Mr. Trump's claim to have discussed this matter with former Presidents and that those Presidents support his position is false.

But ...

The article actually doesn't support the headline. Statements from the presidents noted only that they haven't spoken with President Trump about the wall.

I know this is very difficult, but try to bear with me: IF they never spoke with Trump about the wall, THEN they cannot have told Trump that they thought they should have built a wall.

:doh

And yet we had close to 700 miles of it before Trump took office.

Liars.

Facts don't lie, people do.
Look at all the blue votes for the Secure Fence Act of 2006!
It's because of those blue votes, Pres. George W. Bush could say, "This bill will help protect the American people," after he signed the SFA into law.

:lol:

Thank you, Senators
Chuck Schumer, Patrick Leahy, Patty Murray, Hillary Clinton, Diane Feinstein, Joe Biden, and Barack Obama for giving America that "racist, immoral" border fence.

:lol:

Last edited:
Wow. Thanks for that. That link showed what a lie your post is. He never told illegals to vote. In fact, he said in order to vote, you have to be a citizen.

You should be ashamed of yourself continuing this lie.

RODRIGUEZ: Many of the millennials, Dreamers, undocumented citizens — and I call them citizens because they contribute to this country — are fearful of voting. So if I vote, will immigration know where I live? Will they come for my family and deport us?

OBAMA: Not true. And the reason is, first of all, when you vote, you are a citizen yourself. And there is not a situation where the voting rolls somehow are transferred over and people start investigating, et cetera. The sanctity of the vote is strictly confidential in terms of who you voted for. If you have a family member who maybe is undocumented, then you have an even greater reason to vote.

RODRIGUEZ: This has been a huge fear presented especially during this election.

OBAMA: And the reason that fear is promoted is because they don’t want people voting. People are discouraged from voting and part of what is important for Latino citizens is to make your voice heard, because you’re not just speaking for yourself. You’re speaking for family members, friends, classmates of yours in school…

RODRIGUEZ: Your entire community.

OBAMA: … who may not have a voice. Who can’t legally vote. But they’re counting on you to make sure that you have the courage to make your voice heard.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/obama-encouraged-illegal-aliens-to-vote/

The interviewer says she chooses to call illegals citizens. Obama says that when you vote you're a citizen and never corrects her. He DID encourage illegals to vote.

He SPECIFICALLY noted that there was no infrastructure in place to catch them if they voted. That's tantamount to telling them that they won't get caught if they vote.

Stop lying. Just stop. You fell for that bull**** that was debunked years ago when an alt-right site edited that clip to remove al of Obama's words that prove you are pushing a lie

The interviewer says she chooses to call illegals citizens. Obama says that when you vote you're a citizen and never corrects her. He DID encourage illegals to vote.

More what about what about Obama non sense...Pathetic

Im not privy to Trumps conversations with them. Neither are you. I m not defending nor arguing Trumps arguments. I am stating the absolute undeniable fact that Clinton, Bush, and Obama all touted the effectiveness of the border walls and fences THEY built. FFS...what the **** do you call this?

border-fence-reuters-fred-greaves.jpg

Is it a wall? A fence? A barrier? is it RACIST?

This bull**** is exhausting. Hypocrites, the lot. The walls that are built are there for a reason. They are effective. We NEED more...not because I say so but because the Border Patrol says so. Because past presidents say so. hell...Chuck Schumer...the ****ing head leftist moron that now OPPOSES them says so.

This whole topic is so ****ing tiresome. There are literally hundreds of miles of EXISTING walls, fences and barriers. They didnt MAGICALLY get there. Congress voted to build them. Presidents signed to build them. Id bet money every single person on this site has supported the building of them-yes...even the ones now that insist walls are bad.,...eeeevil...racist. The ONLY opposition to a wall now is based on inane mindless hatred.

Stop lying. Just stop. You fell for that bull**** that was debunked years ago when an alt-right site edited that clip to remove al of Obama's words that prove you are pushing a lie

It's all they have....Feeble attempts at bashing President Obama....to defend this idiot trump

Your lies are disgusting. He did not tell her that. His words are right there.

Trump Fan Nation is a vile place. You actually sit there pushing a lie that any idiot can see for himself.

You should be ashamed, but you aren't. Like Trump, you are a-okay with lying.

OK, I'll use a really stupid example to prove my point.

You support a 'wall' along the southern border, so you must support a wall all along the entire 2,000 mile length of that southern border, and a wall up and down the left and right coasts, through the big cities lying on the coasts, and a wall all along the roughly 4,000 mile border of the continental US with Canada, plus the 1,500 mile border between Alaska and Canada. After all, if you support a wall along any part of the border, using your right wing logic, you must therefore support a wall along the entire length of our border, on all sides!!!!! Q.E.D.

No he didn't.

Im not privy to Trumps conversations with them. Neither are you. I m not defending nor arguing Trumps arguments. I am stating the absolute undeniable fact that Clinton, Bush, and Obama all touted the effectiveness of the border walls and fences THEY built. FFS...what the **** do you call this?

View attachment 67247565

This bull**** is exhausting. Hypocrites, the lot. The walls that are built are there for a reason. They are effective. We NEED more...not because I say so but because the Border Patrol says so. Because past presidents say so. hell...Chuck Schumer...the ****ing head leftist moron that now OPPOSES them says so.

This whole topic is so ****ing tiresome. There are literally hundreds of miles of EXISTING walls, fences and barriers. They didnt MAGICALLY get there. Congress voted to build them. Presidents signed to build them. Id bet money every single person on this site has supported the building of them-yes...even the ones now that insist walls are bad.,...eeeevil...racist. The ONLY opposition to a wall now is based on inane mindless hatred.

I thought all you angry resentful trump supporters said Democrats want open borders?...Make up your mind

View attachment 67247565

So you have no evidence that they lied when they said they never talked to him. But you called them liars anyway.

No wonder Trump won the election. The same reason Jim Jones got 900 people to drink poison. Never underestimate the power cult leaders have on the easily duped.

Did they also edit the words YOU posted?

It's all they have....Feeble attempts at bashing President Obama....to defend this idiot trump

Worse than that - people are actually lying about something that was caught on video - and believing their own lies. Unbelievable how ignorant this country has become under Trump.

There are plenty of reasons to criticize Obama. There is no excuse for making things up that never happened. And there is even less excuse for laziness and ignorance and not knowing the facts of something that I assumed every adult knew what bull**** when that vile alt-right site did that.

Why didn't the GOP authorize this money when they had majorities?

Back
Top Bottom