• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Abortion

Ah, another one that considers a child punishment for a woman 'opening her legs.' She 'made her bed, now she has to lie in it!' That's her consequence! Her punishment!

Nice. :rolleyes: Using a child as a bludgeon for personally repressive and misogynistic views.
Quite a leap there....

But then it is you.

This is about morality/ethics...right and wrong...
What's wrong with valuing the life of the woman more than the unborn? They cannot be valued equally if you think the woman should make sacrifices to keep a pregnancy she doesnt want or cant afforrd.

And God clearly values women more than the unborn and never discussed abortion.

Here, God compares the lack of substance of a snail's trail to the unborn:

1601413216804.png

And here's the classic, where God is clear about valuing a woman more than her unborn:

1601413265535.png

If you would go against a woman's will on a pregnancy, you value the unborn more than she.

Point proven. A fantasy libertarian world where the answer is simply that everyone make the right choices all the time. Doesn’t happen. Won’t happen. So abortion needs to remain legal.
Why is it that the same folks make stupid "mistakes"? Abortion is legal, so why are you here try to convince us that it is OK?

Quite a leap there....

But then it is you.
Just using your words. You would demand she 'take her consequences.' Meaning you would use the kid as her punishment.

Words have meaning...maybe you should think more before typing?

I'm not demanding anything except you take your politics elsewhere...

You are not a moderator. If you are so strict in your interpretation of what can be discussed on this thread, then be a tattletale and tell it to a moderator. Otherwise you need to quit being so anal and let people post what they want.

Why is it that the same folks make stupid "mistakes"? Abortion is legal, so why are you here try to convince us that it is OK?

Abortion is legal, so why are you here trying to make the case to change that?

What's wrong with valuing the life of the woman more than the unborn? They cannot be valued equally if you think the woman should make sacrifices to keep a pregnancy she doesnt want or cant afforrd.

And God clearly values women more than the unborn and never discussed abortion.

Here, God compares the lack of substance of a snail's trail to the unborn:

View attachment 67297063

And here's the classic, where God is clear about valuing a woman more than her unborn:

View attachment 67297064

If you would go against a woman's will on a pregnancy, you value the unborn more than she.
Psalm 58:8...context, evidently you don't bother to consider the context but just blindly take a verse and run with it...Psalm 58 is speaking of the lying, slanderous statements of the wicked and how it can destroy a victim’s reputation, even as a serpent’s venom can be deadly...the wicked are “deaf like the cobra that stops up its ear,” for they refuse to hear and accept direction...thus the Psalmist is asking God to make the wicked disappear/melt away like a stillborn who is dead...

Exodus 21:22 states "but no fatality results" and " if a fatality does occur" that means woman and unborn infant...otherwise it would have stated "if the woman dies" if that is all that mattered to God...

Abortion is legal, so why are you here trying to make the case to change that?
I don't want it to be legal. I want it to be banned with the exception of real reasons and I don't care how miserable it makes you.

You are not a moderator. If you are so strict in your interpretation of what can be discussed on this thread, then be a tattletale and tell it to a moderator. Otherwise you need to quit being so anal and let people post what they want.
Neither are you...you started this thread on ethics, so you are being dishonest, as well... :rolleyes:

Legal abortion as presently defined is not “murder” in either the legal or biological manner.
That you anti-abortion extremists feel the need to use such emotionally loaded terms simply shows the weakness of your arguments.
you make your morals according to your laws instead of making your laws according to your morals.

You are not only being dishonest but you are also off topic...read the OP again...

You're off topic telling someone their off topic....read the OP again....

you make your morals according to your laws instead of making your laws according to your morals.

Not everyone shares your morals. Your morals are from an archaic sky fairy that doesn't exist.

You're off topic telling someone their off topic....read the OP again....
lol...maybe you should be the one reading it again...nowhere was legalities or law mentioned...only ethics...you do understand what ethics is, don't you?

Not everyone shares your morals. Your morals are from an archaic sky fairy that doesn't exist.
My morals are from my God and your God.

Tell me what about your arrogant ways is so superior to other ways that everyone should follow your morals — if you have any?

I "misrepresented" nothing. Emotive language appears to be all you understand, after all it did elicit a response from you, didn't it? Your "skepticism" appears to be a typical liberal tactic when they know they lost. Have you no rebuttal for my post, or are you satisfied with NuhHuh?

On the contrary. Emotive language without facts or reason is something to disdain.

Tell me what about your arrogant ways is so superior to other ways that everyone should follow your morals — if you have any?

That is your claim. however, My god disagrees.

That should be prohibited. There is no "unwanted" child. There are bad parents.
Bad parents that you want to be forced into having a baby. That makes you a bad parent too.

Rape and incest are miniscule in numbers, in the grand scheme of things and fall within the rationale for appropriate abortions. Having fun does not.

Let's see you show that 'rape and incest are miniscule in numbers'. Show your sources. If there is one thing the 'metoo' movement did is show that a huge number of women have been sexually molested and raped.

Let's see you show that 'rape and incest are miniscule in numbers'. Show your sources. If there is one thing the 'metoo' movement did is show that a huge number of women have been sexually molested and raped.
The numbers for Florida were posted earlier. Do your own homework.

Because we voted and we won

It's called democracy

Back
Top Bottom