• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Abortion

Human life begins at conception.

Pro-choice supporters who say they value human rights are hypocrites.
We cannot de-value a human being at anytime in his stage of development (or stages in life), regardless of race, gender, creed, and physical/mental capabilities. That's what Hitler did with Jews and people with physical/mental problems.

AND YET - we can question the humanity of anyone, especially that of a mother who seeks the torturous killing of her own child, especially in this day and age when unwanted pregnancy is quite preventable.
So? Science is objective and doesnt value human life differently at any stage any differently than other animals' lives. Science applies no value at all., in this case it's just a source of classification.

If you want to legislate abortion in any way, you have to use legal means. What authority that Americans are obligated to follow says the unborn have a right to life?

Anyone who thinks a woman should be forced to carry a pregnancy to term, regardless of any/all circumstances, is not moral/ethical on that matter.
Exactly.

They never seem to examine what the govt would have to do to women to force us to remain pregnant, the violations of our Const rights....they cant even discover we're pregnant without violating our rights. They cant demand we donate a kidney to save a life, they sure cant violate our bodily autonomy to force us to remain pregnant to save that life.

That should be prohibited. There is no "unwanted" child. There are bad parents.
Tell that to the more than 100,000 kids available for adoption in the US.

(And I dont mean in foster care...that # is 400,000)

Please try to stick to facts.

Does rape not exist in your world? What about incest? What about simply not wanting another child or any child at all actually but still enjoying sex?
Rape and incest are miniscule in numbers, in the grand scheme of things and fall within the rationale for appropriate abortions. Having fun does not.

no it doesnt, it creates a gneeration of women void of consuequcnes and then fertily rates are down and the society is destoryed

By far, most women choose to maintain their pregnancies and have their babies, so it's not a majority of women aborting. So much for that silliness.

How do lower fertility rates harm the US? There are millions of immigrants that would love to come here legally.

What damage would they do our society?

Exactly.

They never seem to examine what the govt would have to do to women to force us to remain pregnant, the violations of our Const rights....they cant even discover we're pregnant without violating our rights. They cant demand we donate a kidney to save a life, they sure cant violate our bodily autonomy to force us to remain pregnant to save that life.
This is the beliefs and skeptics forum...politics is thataway....---------------------------------->>>>

Rape and incest are miniscule in numbers, in the grand scheme of things and fall within the rationale for appropriate abortions. Having fun does not.

If having fun results in an unwanted pregnancy, then it does if the woman does not want to bring an unwanted child into the world.

If having fun results in an unwanted pregnancy, then it does if the woman does not want to bring an unwanted child into the world.
She should have thought of that. But she didn't care.

Unwanted child is not an excuse for killing a human being, give it up for adoption. This is what we've evolved into unfortunately, a place where defenseless human life is cheap as it has no voice yet.
How cheap are we as Americans when we allow 100,000 kids to languish in foster care waiting to be adopted? Why not adopt those kids before producing more unwanted ones? What's the point in unnecessarily encouraging MORE unwanted kids be born?

(And that's not total in foster care, that's 400,000, but not all are available for adoption. 100,000 are)

The living and breathing adult should have controlled her sexual desires or whatever desire led her to have sexual intercourse without accepting the possible consequences.
Abortion is a consequence. It's an option she knew/knows she has. And if she doesnt want or cant afford a kid, it's way safer.

But it's still a consequence, too bad if it doesnt punish her enough for your views.

Yes,it’s clearly all the woman’s fault. The make couldn’t have said “are you using birth control” or have done soho myself. The fantasy world of smallvoice.

Life is so easy for a right winger: “just don’t have sex”. In spite of human desires.
Ridiculous, as usual.
Yes.

It's ludicrous and irrational really.

1601411826535.png

It's almost delusional and why religions esp. completely fail with their repressive abstinence agendas.

How cheap are we as Americans when we allow 100,000 kids to languish in foster care waiting to be adopted? Why not adopt those kids before producing more unwanted ones? What's the point in unnecessarily encouraging MORE unwanted kids be born?

(And that's not total in foster care, that's 400,000, but not all are available for adoption. 100,000 are)
Who are you to play God?

I "misrepresented" nothing. Emotive language appears to be all you understand, after all it did elicit a response from you, didn't it? Your "skepticism" appears to be a typical liberal tactic when they know they lost. Have you no rebuttal for my post, or are you satisfied with NuhHuh?

Psychological projection. You are always accusing liberals of being too emotional, but all your arguments are slathered in it.

Legally is not science, laws perpetuated by corrupt politicians mean nothing to me. The human being inside of the womb can only be described scientifically as in the earlier stages of life. The mother does not own that life as much as she thinks she does. Your use of the phrase "Anti Abortion Extremist" clearly describes your unscientific political bias.
So? Science is objective and doesnt value human life differently at any stage any differently than other animals' lives. Science applies no value at all., in this case it's just a source of classification.

If you want to legislate abortion in any way, you have to use legal means. What authority that Americans are obligated to follow says the unborn have a right to life?

Who are you to play God?
No one and I dont presume to.

Do you not understand what 'choice' means? It means a woman chooses for herself, not me, not others. :rolleyes:

And no, the unborn inside her is 'not someone' unless she believes it to be. For anyone to presume they have the right to force her to remain pregnant against her will? That seems delusionally God-like to me.

The fantasy world of smallvoice where sexual desire doesn’t exist and males have no responsibility in birth control. So easy being a right winger and coming up with unworkable solutions.

I don’t support abortion. I already said I want to see as few as possible and that access to birth control is key. It is a REALISTIC viewpoint as opposed to the extremist NO ABORTIONS PERIOD! fantasy that you hold.
There are VERY few Pro-lifers who hold the view of "no abortions, period". What's realistic is for the loving couple to stifle their urges if they cannot accept the probability that she will get pregnant, and IF SHE does, she carries the baby to term. Personal Responsibility.

Life is so easy for a left winger: have sex all you want, when you want, where you want and get society to cover your parental failures.

That still, small voice that says: He’s right!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds good to me!

And if you have an abortion, you're not a parent, obviously, so it's your failure there!

OTOH, you accidentally made a good point...abortion may very well save society from neglected, abused, poorly-raised kids...I mean, what would you expect if people were FORCED to be parents? :rolleyes:

Which is why we want the government to follow religious law.
Great, I can't wait to start stoning some of these so-called christians. Why do you want to turn america into the handmaid's tale?

No one and I dont presume to.

Do you not understand what 'choice' means? It means a woman chooses for herself, not me, not others. :rolleyes:

And no, the unborn inside her is 'not someone' unless she believes it to be. For anyone to presume they have the right to force her to remain pregnant against her will? That seems delusionally God-like to me.
I'll remind you again, you are not in politics...

Back
Top Bottom