• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Abortion

Life is so easy for a right winger: “just don’t have sex”. In spite of human desires.
Ridiculous, as usual.

Life is so easy for a left winger: have sex all you want, when you want, where you want and get society to cover your parental failures.

That still, small voice that says: He’s right!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legal abortion as presently defined is not “murder” in either the legal or biological manner.
That you anti-abortion extremists feel the need to use such emotionally loaded terms simply shows the weakness of your arguments.

No, we use those terms because abortion is killing a future human. Just because you want to dodge the truth is your problem.

Legally is not science, laws perpetuated by corrupt politicians mean nothing to me. The human being inside of the womb can only be described scientifically as in the earlier stages of life. The mother does not own that life as much as she thinks she does. Your use of the phrase "Anti Abortion Extremist" clearly describes your unscientific political bias.

I have made my opinion clear, and it is moderate and I have realistically discussed the science of the profession of life behind it. A zygote is not a fully formed human being no matter how much you want it to be,
And yes, you are an anti-abortion extremist because you and your fellow extremists think that you should be able to make that decision for a woman, PERIOD! Instead of allowing the woman to do so herself.
I am not that arrogant. I will leave it up to the woman.

No, we use those terms because abortion is killing a future human. Just because you want to dodge the truth is your problem.

More emotion-based argumentation.
The woman needs to make the decision, not you.

Life is so easy for a left winger: have sex all you want, when you want, where you want and get society to cover your parental failures.

“Parental failures”. How silly.
And what is wrong, in your opinion, with recreational sex?

Legally is not science, laws perpetuated by corrupt politicians mean nothing to me. The human being inside of the womb can only be described scientifically as in the earlier stages of life. The mother does not own that life as much as she thinks she does. Your use of the phrase "Anti Abortion Extremist" clearly describes your unscientific political bias.

STAGES of life. An acorn is not an oak. A zygote is not a fully formed human being. This is clear science.

Does rape not exist in your world? What about incest? What about simply not wanting another child or any child at all actually but still enjoying sex?
Following the laws set out by God would prevent all that and more...

An acorn is not an oak tree.
A zygote is not a fully developed human.
Both go through numerous phases in order to reach their end potential.
That is science.

An acorn is an oak tree not fully developed, that's science

No pro-choice advocate is ignorant of the fact that conception is the beginning of a new person, flower, polar bear, centipede, whatever. Nor are they ignorant of the fact that the fetus is alive and will eventually be a person. All pro-choice advocates know that in fetal development there is a point where with the help of medical science a partially developed fetus can live outside the womb. I do not know of any pro-choice advocates that think abortion at that point of viability of a normal, healthy, fetus is ethical.

Some pro-choice people support abortion on demand up until the 8th month because the many restrictions and regulations created by the anti-abortion movement make the discussions between a woman and her doctor about essential late term abortions almost impossible. On demand to the 8th month makes it possible for a doctor and woman discuss freely the need for a late term abortion. The problem for anti-abortion people is that they simply won't trust doctors and women to make ethical decisions.

Watsup says this:

"Given that, I still prefer the least number of legal abortions possible"

The state of Florida where I live records all the reasons why abortions occur. In 2018, there were 70,083 abortions in Florida. This table lists each reason and the percentage of abortions that occurred because of it. Watsup's statement flies in the face of reality, most abortions are a matter of convenience, not necessity. Convenience and "Least amount" are in opposition to one another, a contradiction.

1.jpg

this is what is known as a 'straw man'. It is making things up and misrepresenting the opposition. That is a very dishonest tactic

No pro-choice advocate is ignorant of the fact that conception is the beginning of a new person, flower, polar bear, centipede, whatever. Nor are they ignorant of the fact that the fetus is alive and will eventually be a person. All pro-choice advocates know that in fetal development there is a point where with the help of medical science a partially developed fetus can live outside the womb. I do not know of any pro-choice advocates that think abortion at that point of viability of a normal, healthy, fetus is ethical.

Some pro-choice people support abortion on demand up until the 8th month because the many restrictions and regulations created by the anti-abortion movement make the discussions between a woman and her doctor about essential late term abortions almost impossible. On demand to the 8th month makes it possible for a doctor and woman discuss freely the need for a late term abortion. The problem for anti-abortion people is that they simply won't trust doctors and women to make ethical decisions.
Best leave ethics out of the conversation with the vast majority of abortions being a matter of convenience and the doctors who are looking to make a buck any way possible. The older I get the better I understand peoples motives and IMHO its not a pretty picture in the US in 2020. All one has to do is look at the lack morality with the people running our country today and the huge number of people who think its okay ..we have a problem with right and wrong in the modern age.

Watsup says this:

The state of Florida where I live records all the reasons why abortions occur. In 2018, there were 70,083 abortions in Florida. This table lists each reason and the percentage of abortions that occurred because of it. Watsup's statement flies in the face of reality, most abortions are a matter of convenience, not necessity. Convenience and "Least amount" are in opposition to one another, a contradiction.

View attachment 67297017

Convenience is an appropriate reason to not being an unwanted child into the world.

Best leave ethics out of the conversation with the vast majority of abortions being a matter of convenience and the doctors who are looking to make a buck any way possible. The older I get the better I understand peoples motives and IMHO its not a pretty picture in the US in 2020. All one has to do is look at the lack morality with the people running our country today and the huge number of people who think its okay ..we have a problem with right and wrong in the modern age.

Looking to mar a buck. Lack of morality. Problem with right and wrong.
These are all opinions without any evidence presented to back them up.
Please move back into reasoned argumentation.

An acorn is an oak tree not fully developed, that's science

The following stages of life are described in detail: germinal stage, embryonic stage, fetal stage, infancy, childhood, adolescence, and adulthood.

This is science.

Watsup says this:

View attachment 67297017

Everybody prefers the least number of abortions. But is requiring women and their families to go ahead and give birth to children they can't afford and are uncertain they can handle the best way to do that. What do you think the chances that child will grow up whole, happy and contributing to society?

How about putting the money you would save by not bringing children into uncertain and underfunded families into better education, more counseling and reduced prices for the most effective women's contraceptives; the IUD and hormonal implants.

this is what is known as a 'straw man'. It is making things up and misrepresenting the opposition. That is a very dishonest tactic

No, it’s the absolute truth, and is confirmed by all the whiney liberals who post here. That is what all the choices want, and I merely laid it out for all to see.

No, it’s the absolute truth, and is confirmed by all the whiney liberals who post here. That is what all the choices want, and I merely laid it out for all to see.

Well, there are a number of reasons to be highly skeptical of your claim. First of all, you use highly emotive language to demonize the opposition. "Whiney LIberal'. Next, you misrepresent what liberals think. So, you misrepresented everything. I will leave people to speculate WHY you do such a dishonest thing.

Well, there are a number of reasons to be highly skeptical of your claim. First of all, you use highly emotive language to demonize the opposition. "Whiney LIberal'. Next, you misrepresent what liberals think. So, you misrepresented everything. I will leave people to speculate WHY you do such a dishonest thing.
I "misrepresented" nothing. Emotive language appears to be all you understand, after all it did elicit a response from you, didn't it? Your "skepticism" appears to be a typical liberal tactic when they know they lost. Have you no rebuttal for my post, or are you satisfied with NuhHuh?

“Parental failures”. How silly.
And what is wrong, in your opinion, with recreational sex?
Absolutely nothing. I enjoy it to the fullest, but I am self aware enough to know how to protect my wife from a pregnancy we aren't ready for. What's the matter with all these folks who fail and become parents?

Anyone who is pro-abortion is not moral/ethical on that matter.
Being pro-choice is not 'pro-abortion.'

Many, if not most, pro-choice people would be more than happy if no women needed to choose abortion. The point is, women have the right to choose what they do need.

More emotion-based argumentation.
The woman needs to make the decision, not you.
She did, at the moment just before penetration. She was just too emotional to keep from getting pregnant.

Back
Top Bottom