• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A message from an Army Veteran to the NRA[W:45:62]

Re: A message from an Army Veteran to the NRA

Australia had gun crime the level of the United States in 1995. When their gun ban passed, their gun crime dropped to almost zero within a few months

that's not accurate at all

Australia had gun crime the level of the United States in 1995. When their gun ban passed, their gun crime dropped to almost zero within a few months

Avoiding the fact that you were wrong about how much firearms support is losing ground I see. Why am i not surprised.

that's not accurate at all

They also had 18 mass shootings a year, and many accidents from concealed carry. With the 1996 gun laws, all of those fell to zero

guys like that are a disgrace to the uniform and is clearly a fraud. any vet who supports gun bans should be ridiculed as a traitor. I'd love to see him come and take my gun. He is an asshole and should be treated as such

And I'd like to see you fight off the AH 64's piloted by my battle buddies as they lay waste to your house with you, your family, and your precious guns inside them

What would you call someone who advocates the use of this nation's military resources to make war against this nation's own people?

I'd call such a person a traitor, wouldn't you?

They also had 18 mass shootings a year, and many accidents from concealed carry. With the 1996 gun laws, all of those fell to zero

that is not accurate at all

Australia had biker gangs and urban street gangs too. The gun ban disarmed them as well.

They are not the same level of dangerous and Australian gun violence is on the rise as are violent crimes...

I wouldn't be there, I would be watching them hung for capital crimes against US citizens. Your rants are the plaintive wailings of someone who is afraid of his own shadow. any "soldier" who advocates military use against american citizens should be tried for treason and then hung upon conviction. We are a country where us civilians tell the military how to act and under the Posse Comitatus act, what you advocate is treasonous and justifies capital punishment

Isn't the customary remedy for treason a firing squad, rather than hanging?

I see he just got banned. I wonder whose sock he was

For a time... they are on the rise because the bad guys still have guns, that is the point.

Isn't the customary remedy for treason a firing squad, rather than hanging?

hard to say. Both have been used. in this case it was execution by Moderator!!

So not going to even try and back up your claims huh. Typical

He got banned, he cannot come back until he creates another sock and a new handle:mrgreen:

I have to admit. As far as trolls go, he was a good one. He actually got under my skin for a moment, which is of course their goal.

I deleted a post in which I said he was stealing valor. He said he had military experience and he called himself a hero, but he said things that clearly indicated he didn't know how the Army works. But then something occurred to me. If he was trying to steal valor why would he settle on just claiming a four year career in which he only served in Korea, recently? Because it would just piss people off even more.

But he had me going for a bit. That was a good one.

What was that all about? Good grief.

I have to admit. As far as trolls go, he was a good one. He actually got under my skin for a moment, which is of course their goal.

I deleted a post in which I said he was stealing valor. He said he had military experience and he called himself a hero, but he said things that clearly indicated he didn't know how the Army works. But then something occurred to me. If he was trying to steal valor why would he settle on just claiming a four year career in which he only served in Korea, recently? Because it would just piss people off even more.

But he had me going for a bit. That was a good one.

he was no daisy, no daisy at all,
the poor thing was just too high-strung!

Dear NRA: we are America's warriors. We are the Armed Forces. We train with our assault rifles to defend citizens like you. You have no business picking up an assault rifle for any reason.

1.Assault weapon and assault rifle are not the same thing. Assault weapons are semi-automatic firearms regardless if they are pistols, rifles or shotguns that have two or more specific features described in the Brady assault weapons ban. Assault rifles are selective fire rifles(rifles that have burst, or auto) that fire an intermediate cartridge and has a detachable magazine. M16s are assault rifles.M16s have burst or auto depending on the model of M16. No M16 can be an assault weapon due to the fact it is automatic/burst weapon. Post 1963 AR15s are not assault rifles due to the fact they are only semiautomatic. Not all AR15 are assault weapons if they do not meet the two or more features requirement in the Brady assault weapons ban.

2.The 2nd amendment does not have a fine print that says it excludes assault rifles.If anything the 2nd amendment wants us to have the same guns the military has due to the fact it was created to maintain a free state. The 2nd amendment is not about hunting.

3.The only assault rifles civilians are allowed to own are pre-May 19th, 1986. So if someone is holding up a M16 then most likely that is a rich individual and not your average gun owner.

4.If you go around claiming to be a vet hopefully you have a dd-214 to back it up. Because if you go public trying to use your veteran status to promote your anti-2nd amendment views pro-2nd amendment groups will look your information up much the same way people looked up Jesse MacBeth to look up his records when he used his alleged veteran status to promote anti-war views.

5.Before you go spewing that AR is an acronym for assault rifle it is an acronym for Armalite.

1.Assault weapon and assault rifle are not the same thing. Assault weapons are semi-automatic firearms regardless if they are pistols, rifles or shotguns that have two or more specific features described in the Brady assault weapons ban. Assault rifles are selective fire rifles(rifles that have burst, or auto) that fire an intermediate cartridge and has a detachable magazine. M16s are assault rifles.M16s have burst or auto depending on the model of M16. No M16 can be an assault weapon due to the fact it is automatic/burst weapon. Post 1963 AR15s are not assault rifles due to the fact they are only semiautomatic. Not all AR15 are assault weapons if they do not meet the two or more features requirement in the Brady assault weapons ban.

2.The 2nd amendment does not have a fine print that says it excludes assault rifles.If anything the 2nd amendment wants us to have the same guns the military has due to the fact it was created to maintain a free state. The 2nd amendment is not about hunting.

3.The only assault rifles civilians are allowed to own are pre-May 19th, 1986. So if someone is holding up a M16 then most likely that is a rich individual and not your average gun owner.

4.If you go around claiming to be a vet hopefully you have a dd-214 to back it up. Because if you go public trying to use your veteran status to promote your anti-2nd amendment views pro-2nd amendment groups will look your information up much the same way people looked up Jesse MacBeth to look up his records when he used his alleged veteran status to promote anti-war views.

5.Before you go spewing that AR is an acronym for assault rifle it is an acronym for Armalite.

He's toast. He got banned for hosiery

It's ok, james, it is the thought that counts.

Dear NRA: we are America's warriors. We are the Armed Forces. We train with our assault rifles to defend citizens like you. You have no business picking up an assault rifle for any reason.

Whenever some idiot like Wayne Lapierre, or some bimbo like Dana loesch holds up a gun and calls him or herself a defender of freedom, that is a huge embarrassment to us. You defend nothing but the gun industry's profits. We are the true guardians of freedom.

There is no reason for anybody in this day and age to own a gun with a pistol grip, a buffer stock, or a red dot sight. These are tools designed to kill people, and we use them to kill enemies of America. You only use them to kill children in classrooms.

And forget about your little concealed carry. True men like me don't need to carry a gun around everywhere to feel big. In fact, we are NOT allowed to carry guns everywhere while on base. And we don't feel small because of that. Because we know that the best self defense is not doing stupid ****, and watching your back. And if sheet hits the fan, we are physically able to defend ourselves with our fists, unlike you fat@$$ weakling semi-men gun nuts.

Don't believe me? Just ask Senator Gary Peters from Michigan, who is a veteran and supports gun control. Or ask Jack Reed, senator from Rhode Island, graduate of motherfreaking WEST POINT, who is a staunch opponent of the NRA. Or Tammy Duckworth. Or Ruben Gallego. Or Anthony Brown. Or anyone on this list: Candidates | VoteVets.org

And you think you can overthrow the US military with your little toys. HELL TO THE MOTHERLOVIN' NO WAY! We have nuclear missiles. We have drones. If we get the order from our commander in chief to obliterate you and take your guns from your cold, dead hands, we will. And your arsenal will do nothing, since you won't even see the bunker buster coming. We already turned Atlanta to ash in 1864. We will happily do it again to protect elementary schoolchildren in classrooms around the nation.

But most of you would turn in your guns peacefully. You don't have the balls to fight. You wouldn't really die for what you believe in. Otherwise, you'd have enlisted in the military. Why didn't you, you big men? (HEAVY sarcasm there).

So when you pick up a gun, and read your little NRA propaganda, and feel like a good American, just remember that we real American heroes are not on your side.

Enough people have already chimed in to tell you how idiotic this post was, but I think I'll pile on. The vast majority of veterans, myself included, do not agree with you in any way, shape, or form. All you've done is pick out a few people from a small subset of veterans and then essentially claimed "Who are you to argue with veterans". This is dishonest and condescending. You do NOT speak for all veterans, so stop pretending you do.

Whenever some idiot like Wayne Lapierre, or some bimbo like Dana loesch holds up a gun and calls him or herself a defender of freedom, that is a huge embarrassment to us. You defend nothing but the gun industry's profits. We are the true guardians of freedom.

There is no reason for anybody in this day and age to own a gun with a pistol grip, a buffer stock, or a red dot sight. These are tools designed to kill people, and we use them to kill enemies of America. You only use them to kill children in classrooms.

And forget about your little concealed carry. True men like me don't need to carry a gun around everywhere to feel big. In fact, we are NOT allowed to carry guns everywhere while on base. And we don't feel small because of that. Because we know that the best self defense is not doing stupid ****, and watching your back. And if sheet hits the fan, we are physically able to defend ourselves with our fists, unlike you fat@$$ weakling semi-men gun nuts.

Don't believe me? Just ask Senator Gary Peters from Michigan, who is a veteran and supports gun control. Or ask Jack Reed, senator from Rhode Island, graduate of motherfreaking WEST POINT, who is a staunch opponent of the NRA. Or Tammy Duckworth. Or Ruben Gallego. Or Anthony Brown. Or anyone on this list: Candidates | VoteVets.org

And you think you can overthrow the US military with your little toys. HELL TO THE MOTHERLOVIN' NO WAY! We have nuclear missiles. We have drones. If we get the order from our commander in chief to obliterate you and take your guns from your cold, dead hands, we will. And your arsenal will do nothing, since you won't even see the bunker buster coming. We already turned Atlanta to ash in 1864. We will happily do it again to protect elementary schoolchildren in classrooms around the nation.

But most of you would turn in your guns peacefully. You don't have the balls to fight. You wouldn't really die for what you believe in. Otherwise, you'd have enlisted in the military. Why didn't you, you big men? (HEAVY sarcasm there).

So when you pick up a gun, and read your little NRA propaganda, and feel like a good American, just remember that we real American heroes are not on your side.

Thank you for your service, but please shut up and **** off.

Your service does not give your more of a right to limit our rights, the ones you fought for and claim to care about.

PS thanks for the list of who to not vote for.

I'm sorry, this is my first day back from my suspension, I'm looking for any excuse to talk, and I've had that picture waiting to get used for almost two months now, without a good reason to post it ever popping up. I just get a bit impatient at times.

Damn what did you do?

Back
Top Bottom