• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Fitting End For Disgraceful House Republicans

If an entire presidential ticket is indicted on invented charges for which members of the other party are arguably also guilty, then we are no longer a rule of law society. Note no indictments for targeting conservative groups by the IRS, no indictments to stop a federal judge nomination by a false conspiracy etc.

There is nothing criminal Trump and Pence have done, at least nothing worse then Obama did. And so if leftists go forward they are creating a banana republic. I do not wish to go there, but the left needs to understand the potential consequences of what they are doing. If 40%+ of a population sees their legitimately elected leaders all being cleared out... let’s rephrase this trying to Force out Trump and Pence with indictments IS a coup, so in fact a coup has already being advocated for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So another GRU agent joins the discussion? Taking Putin's side on Russian meddling plus advocating a coup to subvert the rule of law is typical GRU stuff. Either you are being paid to say these things or you are an unwitting dupe. Either way cut it out. Trump WILL be subject to the rule of law and if that means removing him from office it will be according to our Constitution. Something you are obviously not familiar with.

Last edited:
If an entire presidential ticket is indicted on invented charges for which members of the other party are arguably also guilty, then we are no longer a rule of law society. Note no indictments for targeting conservative groups by the IRS, no indictments to stop a federal judge nomination by a false conspiracy etc.
Straw Man.

The situation contains no threat to indict on invented evidence.

And if the conservative groups and the judge were victims then they were victims of politics and not of crime.

There is nothing criminal Trump and Pence have done, at least nothing worse then Obama did.
Let's just wait and see what the evidence eventually reveals. As for Obama, the evidence has been in for years and has revealed nothing indictable.

And so if leftists go forward they are creating a banana republic.
“Banana republic”??? Hey, that's an echo of my line “Banana Republican”. I'll take it as a compliment that you would want to copy me. (And yes, I know the term "Banana republic" is 100 years or more old.)

I do not wish to go there,

You have already gone there. You advocate violence.

I have said this before, and I'll say it again: I have never owned a gun, but events could persuade me to do so, and to use my gun against anyone who threatens the life of my beloved country.

If 40%+ of a population sees their legitimately elected leaders all being cleared out... let’s rephrase this trying to Force out Trump and Pence with indictments IS a coup, so in fact a coup has already being advocated for
Pense is not part of this, drop him.

Trump cannot be forced out except by the process of impeachment by the House and conviction by the Senate. Were this to happen it would be in conformance with the requirements of the constitutional and the rule of law, and not any form of “coup”, which is by primary definition illegal.

As the evidence stands now there is no chance even of impeachment.

But the evidence is not all in, and when it is I hope it is enough to get Trump removed from office, because he is by far the most dangerous man ever to occupy that office, not the least so because he has brought out the hair-brained worst in so many of his NeanderConservative partisans.

Straw Man.

The situation contains no threat to indict on invented evidence.

And if the conservative groups and the judge were victims then they were victims of politics and not of crime.

Let's just wait and see what the evidence eventually reveals. As for Obama, the evidence has been in for years and has revealed nothing indictable.

“Banana republic”??? Hey, that's an echo of my line “Banana Republican”. I'll take it as a compliment that you would want to copy me. (And yes, I know the term "Banana republic" is 100 years or more old.)

You have already gone there. You advocate violence.

I have said this before, and I'll say it again: I have never owned a gun, but events could persuade me to do so, and to use my gun against anyone who threatens the life of my beloved country.

Pense is not part of this, drop him.

Trump cannot be forced out except by the process of impeachment by the House and conviction by the Senate. Were this to happen it would be in conformance with the requirements of the constitutional and the rule of law, and not any form of “coup”, which is by primary definition illegal.

As the evidence stands now there is no chance even of impeachment.

But the evidence is not all in, and when it is I hope it is enough to get Trump removed from office, because he is by far the most dangerous man ever to occupy that office, not the least so because he has brought out the hair-brained worst in so many of his NeanderConservative partisans.

Keep up, another leftist poster here is saying he thinks indictments should come down on Pence.

And no, I did not advocate any violence. I stated that an attempt to remove both the president and Vice President and thus decapitate a mainstream political party could lead to outbreak of violence because this type of thing has happened before in other countries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep up, another leftist poster here is saying he thinks indictments should come down on Pence.
Talk to this other guy about Pence, not me.

(references to Pence redacted and indicated by ellipses by USV)
And no, I did not advocate any violence. I stated that an attempt to remove... the president...and thus decapitate a mainstream political party could lead to outbreak of violence because this type of thing has happened before in other countries

(1) YES or NO: If violence takes place because of Trump's impeachment, conviction and removal from office will you support the violence?

(2) If Trump is removed the Banana Republican leadership will not have been"decapitated" because the literal second Trump is out Pence is in. New head right away, as when Nixon resigned.

(3) "This thing has happened before in other countries"? You want to get into a history argument? I'll be waiting for you. (might not get to it until after Christmas, though.)

617694bd7908e1359d86a215666131eb.jpg

A stained legacy all around.

The new Democrat majority House that will be seated on 3 January 2019 will be a gigantic breath of fresh air. The incoming 116th US House of Representatives will finally act as a check on the Executive Branch as it was envisioned in the Constitution, and this new House will no longer consist of a majority of spineless Donald Trump enablers. The days of this president and his GOP Congress trying to remove healthcare insurance from 24 million Americans overnight are over. It will be impossible for Trump and the GOP to "reform" (a euphemism for destroy) such safety-net institutions as Social Security and Medicare. Good riddance to Paul Ryan and many of his 'party-first' cohorts. My biggest regret here is that GOP Rep. Devin Nunes, a major Trump sycophant, will regrettably not be following his collaborators out the exit door.

I'm all for divided government. What has happened over the last 20 or so years is that the members of congress of the same party of the president has become more members of the administration than of the institution of congress. It seems their goal is to cede as much power as the president want and to give the president everything he wants. Even if it means making congress moot.

What I would like to see from Pelosi and company is the ability to garner and pass the 12 different appropriation bills that make up the budget prior to the 30 Sep end of the fiscal year. If she can do that, then she'll have earned my praise. There won't be any more government shutdown or continuing resolutions or ominous budget bills passed. The constitution makes this the job of the house, it's high past time the house does its job.

As for Trump, I don't give a dang one way or the other. With the exception of the tax cuts, the Republicans has done a pretty good job of neutering him legislatively. Let's see is Pelosi can do her job, Ryan, Boehner couldn't. Pelosi from 2007-2010 couldn't. She's getting another chance, do your darn job, woman!

And no, I did not advocate any violence. I stated that an attempt to remove both the president and Vice President and thus decapitate a mainstream political party could lead to outbreak of violence because this type of thing has happened before in other countries

Why? Are Trumps white nationalists going to incite violence against the US justice system?

As evidenced by what? Exactly? Which courtroom level quality of evidence? (No, innuendo isn't going to do, at all).

It doesn't work that way. There is no credible evidence to support your claim that it is 'wholly politically motivated'. You need it to be, of course, so you can bellow out a false narrative, but it's simply not the case, nor can you demonstrate that it is.

It doesn't work that way.
Of course not, at least in Democrat's minds.
After all, we saw exactly how Democrats lean on presumed innocence on any left leaning, and presumed guilt on anyone not.
I know you probably want to forget what the Democrats showed of themselves during the Kavanaugh hearings.
There is no credible evidence to support your claim that it is 'wholly politically motivated'. You need it to be, of course, so you can bellow out a false narrative, but it's simply not the case, nor can you demonstrate that it is.

To believe that they are not politically motivated, you'd have to ignore 2 constant years of the behavior exhibited by them.
Does the phrase 'by any any means necessary' ring a bell?
Here comes 'by any any means necessary' in the form of politically motivated firing of the subpoena cannon.

Sorry, but there's no credibility in claiming that it's not. Not with the behavior exhibited by the Democrats for the last 2 years. That's owed by them.

Of course not, at least in Democrat's minds.
After all, we saw exactly how Democrats lean on presumed innocence on any left leaning, and presumed guilt on anyone not.
I know you probably want to forget what the Democrats showed of themselves during the Kavanaugh hearings.

I wouldn't know. Not a dem.

Kavanaugh wasn't properly vetted, and the dems showed that he should have been.

And if it's not a criminal proceeding, there is no presumption of innocence.
To believe that they are not politically motivated, you'd have to ignore 2 constant years of the behavior exhibited by them.
Does the phrase 'by any any means necessary' ring a bell?
Here comes 'by any any means necessary' in the form of politically motivated firing of the subpoena cannon.

Sorry, but there's no credibility in claiming that it's not. Not with the behavior exhibited by the Democrats for the last 2 years. That's owed by them.

Nah, but I understand your desperate need to pretend that's the case.

You haven't shown that it's 'wholly poltically motivated' and, again, you can't.

Sorry, but this is the singularly most corrupt administration in history, and the cowards in the conservative GOP in the house not only refused to hold the WH in check, they aided and abetted it, running interference for it.

This is going to be a gloriously painful year for Trump and his fellatrixes.

And I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it.

617694bd7908e1359d86a215666131eb.jpg

A stained legacy all around.

The new Democrat majority House that will be seated on 3 January 2019 will be a gigantic breath of fresh air. The incoming 116th US House of Representatives will finally act as a check on the Executive Branch as it was envisioned in the Constitution, and this new House will no longer consist of a majority of spineless Donald Trump enablers. The days of this president and his GOP Congress trying to remove healthcare insurance from 24 million Americans overnight are over. It will be impossible for Trump and the GOP to "reform" (a euphemism for destroy) such safety-net institutions as Social Security and Medicare. Good riddance to Paul Ryan and many of his 'party-first' cohorts. My biggest regret here is that GOP Rep. Devin Nunes, a major Trump sycophant, will regrettably not be following his collaborators out the exit door.

A stained legacy is when you have lost over 1000 seats to the other party over eight years, with the loss of the House, the loss of the Senate, the loss of many governorships and state legislatures, and culminated by the fact that the worst nominee in the history of the country beat an already anointed Queen for president, leading to two conservative confirmations to the Supreme Court. It doesn't get any more stained than that.

A stained legacy is when you have lost over 1000 seats to the other party over eight years, with the loss of the House, the loss of the Senate, the loss of many governorships and state legislatures, and culminated by the fact that the worst nominee in the history of the country beat an already anointed Queen for president, leading to two conservative confirmations to the Supreme Court. It doesn't get any more stained than that.

Huh. So you missed the results since Trump was elected and the past midterms?

Not surprising that you'd have to pretend that tide has turned as a security blankie.

I wouldn't know. Not a dem.

Kavanaugh wasn't properly vetted, and the dems showed that he should have been.

And if it's not a criminal proceeding, there is no presumption of innocence.

Nah, but I understand your desperate need to pretend that's the case.

You haven't shown that it's 'wholly poltically motivated' and, again, you can't.

Sorry, but this is the singularly most corrupt administration in history, and the cowards in the conservative GOP in the house not only refused to hold the WH in check, they aided and abetted it, running interference for it.

This is going to be a gloriously painful year for Trump and his fellatrixes.

And I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it.

Again bold claims without a commensurate evidence, as if the more you repeat it the more it'll be accepted as the truth.
Isn't that typical of propaganda? Why, yes. Yes it is.

Dodge of 'by any means necessary' noted. Dragging derogotories where none was needed also noted.

ha ha ha...is that how you manage to live with yourself after electing a complete moron into office? Whatever works, I guess.

Again bold claims without a commensurate evidence, as if the more you repeat it the more it'll be accepted as the truth.
Isn't that typical of propaganda? Why, yes. Yes it is.

Dodge of 'by any means necessary' noted. Dragging derogotories where none was needed also noted.

Nah. It's not propaganda. Yet another instance of you using a word you don't understand.

No dodge other than you not being able to substantiate your rather desperate conjecture.

Hope you enjoy how painful this year is going to be for the aiders and abetters of Trump.

Huh. So you missed the results since Trump was elected and the past midterms?

Not surprising that you'd have to pretend that tide has turned as a security blankie.

I didn't miss the results at all of all the good work this Congress has done, despite the resistance.

ha ha ha...is that how you manage to live with yourself after electing a complete moron into office? Whatever works, I guess.

You are the one who can't live with the election results. You've had ever increasing amounts of TDS ever since Nov 2016 and your condition continues to deteriorate. And I love every minute of it. Next up: Yet another conservative Supreme Court confirmation, leaving the court solidly conservative for many, many, years to come - not to mention many new federal judges to replace the Obama deep state. I love driving the toothpicks under your fingernails and hearing you scream in pain.

Nah. It's not propaganda. Yet another instance of you using a word you don't understand.

No dodge other than you not being able to substantiate your rather desperate conjecture.

Hope you enjoy how painful this year is going to be for the aiders and abetters of Trump.

I've had my fill of your unwarranted condescension. Have a good night.

I didn't miss the results at all of all the good work this Congress has done, despite the resistance.

So, IOW, you have to ignore the success that dems have had in special elections since Twumpie was elected and the most recent midterms to avoid the mental pain and anguish to go along with actually accepting reality.

OK, I can understand that.

Disgraceful is right.

To wit, with regard to healthcare reform, actual reform for the betterment of the polity, the GOP, having the benefit of the lessons-learned over the past decade and using the "reconciliation" tactic in the Senate, had no obstacle to writing and passing utter perfect healthcare legislation that suited everyone, yet, driven by relativistic contrarian thinking predicated on "O-care did X so we'll reverse it," progress toward achieving the very opposite of perfect healthcare reform is what they obtained.

Moreover, they knew that what they were doing was aimed at creating a political, not a policy, "win" was what they intended from the very start. How does one know? Because were they to have aimed to correct all of O-care and its predecessor's ills, there'd have been no need to use the "reconciliation" tactic in bringing the measure to the Senate floor for such a well designed bill would have obtained the votes needed to pass without "reconciliation." After all, Dems aren't of a mind to vote against measures that indeed make sense "all the way round." To wit, the Russian sanctions bill and the recent continuing resolution that was recently passed.

You are the one who can't live with the election results. You've had ever increasing amounts of TDS ever since Nov 2016 and your condition continues to deteriorate. And I love every minute of it. Next up: Yet another conservative Supreme Court confirmation, leaving the court solidly conservative for many, many, years to come - not to mention many new federal judges to replace the Obama deep state. I love driving the toothpicks under your fingernails and hearing you scream in pain.

You elected a moron. And, you can't even figure that out yet.

I read an article somewhere, so take this with a grain of salt, that mike Pence is highly dependent on his staffers, in particular his ex chief of staff. The article paints pence as a guy who would suggest implementing the last thing he heard from someone else.

My guess is that Pence is as clean as a whistle. I won't get into the specifics.

It will also allow the deficit to grow as CRs likely become the only viable 'budget' vehicles. MAGA indeed.

They had majorities in the House and Senate, all they needed to do was put together a budget and ram it through.
They couldn't, and didn't, even though they owned ALL OF IT.
They didn't even NEED Democrats to pass a budget.

They had majorities in the House and Senate, all they needed to do was put together a budget and ram it through.
They couldn't, and didn't, even though they owned ALL OF IT.
They didn't even NEED Democrats to pass a budget.

Agreed, and with Pelosi running the show in the House it won't get any better.

Back
Top Bottom