• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Fitting End For Disgraceful House Republicans

That's essentially the GOP-Trump ideology in a nutshell. And Trump exemplifies it well. He's their perfect ideological leader. Which is why it's getting harder and harder to accept Trump supporters in idealogical & moralistic terms.

It's getting to not even about policy, but about basic democratic principles. Even worse, about the very principles of what it means to be human and part of humanity. Their taking the kids made a profound lasting impression on me. Extremely profound. I'm still reeling from it, and feel dirty as hell because of it.

i've thought about making a graphic featuring the GOP elephant and that motto, but i haven't done it yet. as for feeling dirty, can you explain that?

I’m guessing there’s only so many people you can indict on spurious charges in a political witch hunt before there’s either a coup d’etat or civil war against the left.

I mean if leftist elements of the government try to act like Porfirio Diaz this country will descend just like Mexico did.

I'm guessing that since you have to pretend that any witch hunt is actually occurring, you have absolutely zero interest in honest, rational debate.

We'll have to agree to disagree. He's got a very long history of both corruption and dimwittedness.

not that i know of, and i am not as far removed from the situation as most. dude is squeaky clean as far as i know. when he was picked as VP, i was fairly sure that he would be able to slip into the top slot.

Ryan is definitely intelligent. he was elected to the house of representatives by age 28. check out his timeline :

I do not see how that indicates intelligence. AOC won at 29, but she did it without the backing of her party.

And David Hogg is responsible for more legislation that Ryan is

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ryan-timeline-wisconsin-washington/508675002/

if this dude wants your retirement and has the means to take it, he'll get it.

So would Trump. Difference is, Trump was actually successful at it while Ryan failed.

you have to look out for the smart Trumpists in government, and there are a few. Pence is the biggest threat currently, though.

I agree with you there. However, I suspect he would be neutered by how he got into the Oval Office, and his lack of a constituency outside of the religious right

Or at least I hope he would be neutered

From my reading of that citation, this firing the wholly politically motivated 'subpoena cannon' is one of the excesses where government hasn't, or won't, be able to control itself.

Trump is elected and gets more accomplished in 2 years than any political elite has in 4 or more years.

This is a threat to the political elite maintaining their power and control of the government, highlighting their history of ineffectiveness and incompetence.

This firing the wholly politically motivated 'subpoena cannon' is their means to stop these accomplishments from continuing unabated, and highlighting their ineffectiveness and their incompetence even more. They've bamboozled their supporters for the same with their DNC political propaganda media.

The political elite like their political power and their control of the government, without actually having to accomplish anything.

As I posted earlier, yes, the Congress has a legitimate checks and balance over the executive branch. This doesn't and shouldn't include anything of Executive Branch members actions taken prior to their joining the Executive Branch.

This firing the wholly politically motivated 'subpoena cannon', from what we know of it, seems to center around exactly that, more so than anything else. Seems to center around actions taken prior to administration members joining the Executive Branch, to which I would say is out of bounds.

I couldn't agree more. The only real piece of Republican legislation, besides the recent criminal justice reform, came to be only because the donors insisted and were ready to pull the plug. What a **** reflection on them all.

I eagerly await your future condemnation of the Democratic controlled Congress when they pass legislation because THEIR donors insisted and are ready to pull the plug.

I do not see how that indicates intelligence. AOC won at 29, but she did it without the backing of her party.

And David Hogg is responsible for more legislation that Ryan is

So would Trump. Difference is, Trump was actually successful at it while Ryan failed.

I agree with you there. However, I suspect he would be neutered by how he got into the Oval Office, and his lack of a constituency outside of the religious right

Or at least I hope he would be neutered

my guess is that he would be extremely effective at passing legislation if he had an even partially sympathetic congress. he is crafty in a way that his opposition has not yet envisioned. it is exceptionally important for those who do not agree with the Trumpist party to get out and vote in numbers for the next five or six elections at least.

From my reading of that citation, this firing the wholly politically motivated 'subpoena cannon' is one of the excesses where government hasn't, or won't, be able to control itself.

Trump is elected and gets more accomplished in 2 years than any political elite has in 4 or more years.

This is a threat to the political elite maintaining their power and control of the government, highlighting their history of ineffectiveness and incompetence.

This firing the wholly politically motivated 'subpoena cannon' is their means to stop these accomplishments from continuing unabated, and highlighting their ineffectiveness and their incompetence even more. They've bamboozled their supporters for the same with their DNC political propaganda media.

The political elite like their political power and their control of the government, without actually having to accomplish anything.

As I posted earlier, yes, the Congress has a legitimate checks and balance over the executive branch. This doesn't and shouldn't include anything of Executive Branch members actions taken prior to their joining the Executive Branch.

This firing the wholly politically motivated 'subpoena cannon', from what we know of it, seems to center around exactly that, more so than anything else. Seems to center around actions taken prior to administration members joining the Executive Branch, to which I would say is out of bounds.

Greetings, Erik. :2wave:

Well said, Sir! :thumbs:

A Fitting End For Disgraceful House Republicans

617694bd7908e1359d86a215666131eb.jpg

A stained legacy all around.

The new Democrat majority House that will be seated on 3 January 2019 will be a gigantic breath of fresh air. The incoming 116th US House of Representatives will finally act as a check on the Executive Branch as it was envisioned in the Constitution, and this new House will no longer consist of a majority of spineless Donald Trump enablers. The days of this president and his GOP Congress trying to remove healthcare insurance from 24 million Americans overnight are over. It will be impossible for Trump and the GOP to "reform" (a euphemism for destroy) such safety-net institutions as Social Security and Medicare. Good riddance to Paul Ryan and many of his 'party-first' cohorts. My biggest regret here is that GOP Rep. Devin Nunes, a major Trump sycophant, will regrettably not be following his collaborators out the exit door.

I hope some really bad things happen to trump enablers like Devin Nunes. He was supposed to be a check on power in his chairmanship position. He was instead the leader of several other GOP polls that did nothing but give trump cover so he could continue his treason. That makes Nunes and people like him treasonous as well. They deserve all the bad that's coming to them.

Huh. You're compelled to pretend that any such actions are 'wholly politically motivated'.

Why am I not surprised?

Yawn. You keep pretending what you need to in order avoid confronting that massive corruption in the Trump administration.
As evidenced by what? Exactly? Which courtroom level quality of evidence? (No, innuendo isn't going to do, at all).
Good luck with your magical thinking. This is going to be a wonderfully painful year for you and I, for one, am really looking forward to it.

I've already resigned myself that what's going to happen is going to happen, and that I have no control over any of it, so I'm not seeing myself being in 'pain'.

I see myself, more than likely, to get completely, throughly and totally disgusted by what this'll reveal about DC; the corrupt swap creatures that thrive there, AKA the political elite, and how they continue to tear down the institutions of our Democracy, such as the politicization we've seen in the IRS, FBI and DOJ and others, all the while accusing their political opponents of doing exactly the same that they are doing behind the scenes, out of the public attention as their complicit media propaganda outlets, called the media, fall into their lockstep tune of accusing the political opponents.

As to the corrupt and incompetent, ineffective political elite of the last 30-50 years, a pox on all their houses.

my guess is that he would be extremely effective at passing legislation if he had an even partially sympathetic congress. he is crafty in a way that his opposition has not yet envisioned. it is exceptionally important for those who do not agree with the Trumpist party to get out and vote in numbers for the next five or six elections at least.

If he were crafty, he would be able to pass legislation despite internal opposition. Like Obama did with ACA. And, though it is not legislation, just look at what pelosi did with the opposition to her remaining the leader of the house

But, the arrogance of moron Trump supporters and Republican voters will persist and their moronic comments will still be seen everyday. Idiots put two incompetent presidents into office in a row, and they still think they are not complete stupid ****ing idiots.

Now that is being a stupid ****ing idiot.

To be fair, we can really just blame about 80,000 idiots in 3 blue States for falling for Russian "disinformation" on social media and switching their votes to Trump. As far as the GOP goes they seem to be on course to go down with the Trumptanic when she slips into oblivion. The party of greed has finally met its match with Trump.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/12/01/donald-trump-will-be-president-thanks-to-80000-people-in-three-states/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f003483161c4

If he were crafty, he would be able to pass legislation despite internal opposition. Like Obama did with ACA. And, though it is not legislation, just look at what pelosi did with the opposition to her remaining the leader of the house

Pence is stealth crafty. he started running for president in my state while he was still in the senate, and probably even before that.

Ryan is a Trumpist? Amusing.

Can you provide us all with a link where Ryan criticizes trump or stood his ground against something stupid trump is trying to do - like building a wall?

believe me when i tell you that any investigation will not get close to him. choosing him as VP was a massive mistake on Trump's part. he is more clever than Senator Palpatine.

I disagree about Pence's cleverness. He has zero charisma, zero intellect, and is all about his self-perceived moral superiority. A dullard wuth delusions of grandeur.

I disagree about Pence's cleverness. He has zero charisma, zero intellect, and is all about his self-perceived moral superiority. A dullard wuth delusions of grandeur.

don't underestimate him. he climbs better than anyone on this board, and also better than most other politicians that i've seen.

don't underestimate him. he climbs better than anyone on this board, and also better than most other politicians that i've seen.

I read an article somewhere, so take this with a grain of salt, that mike Pence is highly dependent on his staffers, in particular his ex chief of staff. The article paints pence as a guy who would suggest implementing the last thing he heard from someone else.

I read an article somewhere, so take this with a grain of salt, that mike Pence is highly dependent on his staffers, in particular his ex chief of staff. The article paints pence as a guy who would suggest implementing the last thing he heard from someone else.

Clinton, a Rhodes scholar, was said to have the same tendency

I’m guessing there’s only so many people you can indict on spurious charges in a political witch hunt before there’s either a coup d’etat or civil war against the left.

I mean if leftist elements of the government try to act like Porfirio Diaz this country will descend just like Mexico did.

What a disgusting post.

Any post which suggests coups and civil wars on account lawful political results is the kind of thing that dirty street pimp of a president would say. If he is actually ever in danger of being removed from the office which he defiles I fear he may say it.

Nixon in 1972 got my first vote ever. Then came Watergate. But Watergate was nothing compared to the malignancy which is the only thing Donald Trump has ever been.

What a disgusting post.

Any post which suggests coups and civil wars on account lawful political results is the kind of thing that dirty street pimp of a president would say. If he is actually ever in danger of being removed from the office which he defiles I fear he may say it.

Nixon in 1972 got my first vote ever. Then came Watergate. But Watergate was nothing compared to the metastasy in progress which is the only thing Donald Trump has ever been.

If an entire presidential ticket is indicted on invented charges for which members of the other party are arguably also guilty, then we are no longer a rule of law society. Note no indictments for targeting conservative groups by the IRS, no indictments to stop a federal judge nomination by a false conspiracy etc.

There is nothing criminal Trump and Pence have done, at least nothing worse then Obama did. And so if leftists go forward they are creating a banana republic. I do not wish to go there, but the left needs to understand the potential consequences of what they are doing. If 40%+ of a population sees their legitimately elected leaders all being cleared out... let’s rephrase this trying to Force out Trump and Pence with indictments IS a coup, so in fact a coup has already being advocated for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If an entire presidential ticket is indicted on invented charges for which members of the other party are arguably also guilty, then we are no longer a rule of law society. Note no indictments for targeting conservative groups by the IRS, no indictments to stop a federal judge nomination by a false conspiracy etc.

Robert Mueller won't issue indictments.

A grand jury will issue indictments if they believe criminal charges are warranted by the evidence and testimony before them.

Robert Mueller won't issue indictments.

A grand jury will issue indictments if they believe criminal charges are warranted by the evidence and testimony before them.

I am sure the grand jurors are all members of The Deep State :roll:

Back
Top Bottom