• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Fitting End For Disgraceful House Republicans

Probably true, but I've always found that puzzling. It's been obvious they didn't have an alternative to Obamacare for years. Didn't anyone notice they tried to repeal it dozens and dozens of times and proposed a replacement zero times? And always claimed they were still working on something for years on end?

I recall arguing with folks on here who insisted the GOP (which was in power at the time!) had all sorts of replacements they were going to pursue someday. I'm still shaking my head over that.

GOP propoganda and hatred of anything Democrat is a hell of a powerful tool. You aren't debating with rational people, remember that.

The GOP House was disgraceful but not for the reasons the liberals claim. They obstructed what the voters wanted who elected Trump, notably to build the border wall and solve the illegal immigration problem once and for all. Now, the champions of illegal immigration and open borders take over. They'll ignore the issue totally while wasting all their time on going after Trump. They'll make the last House look like highly competent legislators. In the end, Trump will still be there while they ring their hands and whine on TV.

How did they obstruct - the GOP had the majority in the house and the senate - so just how did "liberals" obstruct?

Keep up, another leftist poster here is saying he thinks indictments should come down on Pence.

And no, I did not advocate any violence. I stated that an attempt to remove both the president and Vice President and thus decapitate a mainstream political party could lead to outbreak of violence because this type of thing has happened before in other countries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just think - if they take both Trump and Pence down?? Nancy Pelosi is president!!!:lamo

Just think - if they take both Trump and Pence down?? Nancy Pelosi is president!!!:lamo

I'm no Pelosi fan, but it would be worth it just to see every single American conservatives head explode.

How did they obstruct - the GOP had the majority in the house and the senate - so just how did "liberals" obstruct?

Because Mitch McConnell, in a show of good faith that I do not believe would be reciprocated when the Democrats regain the Senate, decided to allow filibusters to remain

Because Mitch McConnell, in a show of good faith that I do not believe would be reciprocated when the Democrats regain the Senate, decided to allow filibusters to remain

Mitch McConnell...show of faith??? phhhttt

Wouldn't that be fun???

Yes, but it's better that we never stoop to their level. Many conservatives voted for and support Trump for the sole reason to piss off liberals. If liberals stoop down to their level by supporting certain politicians just to piss off conservatives, then they are no better than conservatives.

A Fitting End For Disgraceful House Republicans

617694bd7908e1359d86a215666131eb.jpg

A stained legacy all around.

The new Democrat majority House that will be seated on 3 January 2019 will be a gigantic breath of fresh air. The incoming 116th US House of Representatives will finally act as a check on the Executive Branch as it was envisioned in the Constitution, and this new House will no longer consist of a majority of spineless Donald Trump enablers. The days of this president and his GOP Congress trying to remove healthcare insurance from 24 million Americans overnight are over. It will be impossible for Trump and the GOP to "reform" (a euphemism for destroy) such safety-net institutions as Social Security and Medicare. Good riddance to Paul Ryan and many of his 'party-first' cohorts. My biggest regret here is that GOP Rep. Devin Nunes, a major Trump sycophant, will regrettably not be following his collaborators out the exit door.
Perhaps we will be spared from Gowdys hypocritical lectures in bias....after he and Chaffetz chased Clinton for years and found nothing on Benghazi.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom