• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

6 year old child suspended for alledged sexual harrasment.

FIRST: where did i say anything even close to what you criticized me for?
*taps foot & whistles a catchy tune*
vergiss said:
Fine. This is easily enough settled:

Do you see harassment of one child by another, or a group of others, as a normal part of growing up? Is it acceptable behaviour? Yes or no.

YES it is Normal
NO it is not acceptable
that answer is just going to fry your motherboard isnt it :lol: :2wave:
but that is the real world for most people

DeeJayH said:
FIRST: where did i say anything even close to what you criticized me for?
*taps foot & whistles a catchy tune*

YES it is Normal
NO it is not acceptable
that answer is just going to fry your motherboard isnt it :lol: :2wave:
but that is the real world for most people

So what if it's part of the "real world"? Why keep repeating it? Poverty and crime is part of the "real world" too.

vergiss said:
So what if it's part of the "real world"? Why keep repeating it? Poverty and crime is part of the "real world" too.

if you dont teach your child how to deal with it or the consequences of it
they will be failurer or wusses or as you quipped eat a bullet

how about answering my question now?

DeeJayH said:
if you dont teach your child how to deal with it or the consequences of it
they will be failurer or wusses or as you quipped eat a bullet

how about answering my question now?

See, this is why it's blatantly obvious that you believe it to be acceptable. Any child who cannot deal with the emotional stress of being a victim of bullying is a "failure" or a "wuss". I almost want to give up on your pathetic ideas of macho bravado, except I feel compelled to keep going for the sake of your son's safety. Even if his father doesn't care, I do.

vergiss said:
See, this is why it's blatantly obvious that you believe it to be acceptable. Any child who cannot deal with the emotional stress of being a victim of bullying is a "failure" or a "wuss". I almost want to give up on your pathetic ideas of macho bravado, except I feel compelled to keep going for the sake of your son's safety. Even if his father doesn't care, I do.

I sure hope you are just being intentionally ignorant
for i find it hard to see how you add 1+1 = 3
but incase you are not i willl type the following V E R Y S L O W L Y

teaching my child how to deal with it DOES NOT EQUAL teaching him how to bully
teaching my child how to deal with having been bullied DOES NOT EQUAL approval

do i need to go to freetranslation.com and transpose it into another language, since it appears English is not your second language, much less your first

What question?

If your child is bullied, how will you teach him "to deal with it"?

vergiss said:
What question?

scroll up and read previous posts

If your child is bullied, how will you teach him "to deal with it

my son was bullied, as virtually every other kid is/was
as was I and everyone else i have ever known
even Ralphie was bullied, and it was some of the best parts of the movie

off the top of my head, going back ten years to that talk.....
buddy system, dont get caught alone
pay him/her no mind and keep on walking
when you cant walk away, make sure he/she regrets targeting you

people who bully do it because they were probably abused or bullied by their parent(s)
people who bully usually do it to make themselves feel better, dont give them the satisfaction

any more parenting tips you need? I have to go to bed soon. Its already 11 pm

DeeJayH said:
my son was bullied, as virtually every other kid is/was
as was I and everyone else i have ever known
even Ralphie was bullied, and it was some of the best parts of the movie

off the top of my head, going back ten years to that talk.....
buddy system, dont get caught alone
pay him/her no mind and keep on walking
when you cant walk away, make sure he/she regrets targeting you

people who bully do it because they were probably abused or bullied by their parent(s)
people who bully usually do it to make themselves feel better, dont give them the satisfaction

any more parenting tips you need? I have to go to bed soon. Its already 11 pm

There's a distinct difference between the brief periods of teasing every kid goes through and repetitive, demeaning and terrifying bullying... the kids who'll beat you up every day, steal your possessions, turn every other kid in the class against you... what about telling a teacher, huh? That ever crossed your mind, actually making the school clean itself up and punish the little bastards? Would you tell your daughter (whether you have one or not) to "make them regret it"?

vergiss said:
There's a distinct difference between the brief periods of teasing every kid goes through and repetitive, demeaning and terrifying bullying... the kids who'll beat you up every day, steal your possessions, turn every other kid in the class against you... what about telling a teacher, huh? That ever crossed your mind, actually making the school clean itself up and punish the little bastards? Would you tell your daughter (whether you have one or not) to "make them regret it"?

LOL :2rofll:
maybe you should change your mood to angry or embittered

vergiss said:
what about telling a teacher, huh? That ever crossed your mind,

Did you grow up being home schooled?

jamesrage said:
Did you grow up being home schooled?

Wtf? No.

DeeJayH - lovely avoidance technique there.

steen said:
We can wonder where the kid learned that his behavior is OK? perhaps it is time for Child Portective Services to look at the home.

You obviously don't have kids. Kids are sponges and pick up everything. They pick things up from other kids or TV. It is absurd to jump and blame the parents. What the parents and the teachers need to do is correct his behavior together. And not by suspending him for 30 days. That is missed education time.

When my son acts up at school I get a note or e-mail from his teacher, he gets in trouble at school and at home. It is very effective. He got in trouble for saying lets "kiss our girl friends and do sex with them". I asked him where he heard that and he said "from an older peer on the play ground". I asked him if he knew what it meant and he said "to kiss a girl on the lips". I told him to never talk like that again and he was grounded for a long time. He has never said it since. I also keep parental controls on my cable now.

That was handled wrong.

vergiss said:
Wtf? No..

I asked because you said such a response that kids who went to normal schools would have never said.

Telling the teacher only pisses the bully off more.The bully can follow the kid after school and beat the snot out of him even more and snitches at schools are seen as the lowest form of life next to a roach.The way you get the bully to quit messing you is to fight back any way you can and to make him reget ****ing with you in the fist place.

When a kid basicly snitches to his teacher,the teacher basicly tells the kid that was picked on that bullies don't like themselves and that is why they bully other kids.This is mearly a lame attempt to make the little kid not feel so bad.The reality is that kids and most adults do not care about moral superiority.

The teacher however tells the bully that the kid he is picking on doesn't want to go to school,he is imparing the kid's ability to lean and that the boy cries to his mother at night because he is so stressed out at getting picked on.
Bullies are like wolves in the sense they target the weak,they enjoy picking on weaker children.That weaker child is the bully's entertainment center or chew toy.They get enjoyment out of watching another classmate or other student cry and inlficting pain on them.

Ratting to a teacher is futile.In order to get rid of a bully one has to fight back and cause some pain to the bully or move away.

Last edited:
jamesrage said:
I asked because you said such a response that kids who went to normal schools would have never said.

Telling the teacher only pisses the bully off more.The bully can follow the kid after school and beat the snot out of him even more and snitches at schools are seen as the lowest form of life next to a roach.The way you get the bully to quit messing you is to fight back any way you can and to make him reget ****ing with you in the fist place.

When a kid basicly snitches to his teacher,the teacher basicly tells the kid that was picked on that bullies don't like themselves and that is why they bully other kids.This is mearly a lame attempt to make the little kid not feel so bad.The reality is that kids and most adults do not care about moral superiority.

The teacher however tells the bully that the kid he is picking on doesn't want to go to school,he is imparing the kid's ability to lean and that the boy cries to his mother at night because he is so stressed out at getting picked on.
Bullies are like wolves in the sense they target the weak,they enjoy picking on weaker children.That weaker child is the bully's entertainment center or chew toy.They get enjoyment out of watching another classmate or other student cry and inlficting pain on them.

Ratting to a teacher is futile.In order to get rid of a bully one has to fight back and casue some pain to the bully or move away.

she will never get it
this is a perfect example of : "liberals just dont get it" ;)
love the theorectical world, and have trouble in the real world:doh

jamesrage said:
No this not a article out of the national enquire or conservatives trying to over exagerate liberal pc.This pc insanity is real.

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=124981

An irate Brockton mother is refusing to let her 6-year-old son return to school after he was suspended for alleged sexual harassment, a term deemed “preposterous” for a first-grader by a leading sexual harassment expert.

Amazing how the school accusses the mother of being irrate when the school accussed her 6 year child of sexually harrassing another child.

Amazing how far this pc insanity went.

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=124981&format=&page=2
Dorinvil said no one contacted her about their concerns until Jan. 30 when she was instructed to pick her son up from school.

“When I got there, they had all this paperwork in front of them,” Dorinvil said. “They said they had already called the district attorney and school police.”

“I was shocked. I was crying. I was out of control because I see that this is not fair,” Dorinvil said.

Brockton schools spokeswoman Cynthia E. McNally said administrators followed the school policy in investigating the harassment claims. She declined to say whether the boy was previously disciplined for his treatment of this female classmate.

“We take all allegations of sexual harassment very seriously,” Superintendent Basan Nembirkow said in a statement. “An investigation is always conducted when reports of sexual harassment arise.” The school declined further comment, citing “private” student records.

Do you all find this to be a little extream?

Extreme, insane, the thought police run amok et al. I'm not a psychologist but I'm fairly sure that a 6 year old thinks that sex has something to do with birds and bees.

vergiss said:
Isn't it always neo-cons saying we shouldn't wrap kids in cottonwool? Read my damn posts, I agree that the "sexual" part of the harassment claim is ridiculous and the punishment was overly harsh. :roll: However, children still know the difference between right and wrong. If a kid tells another kid to stop, the child needs to learn to stop. When is it "too young" to teach children when touching is inappropriate? 6? 10? 16? Better that this kid learns now than as a teenager.

Actually 6 year olds don't know the difference between right and wrong and at that age their impulse control is extremely limited.

vergiss said:
Dude, you serious? :shock: Well, don't act so surprised if your son's ever bullied into depression, or even suicidality. "It's okay they're beating you up, son, that's the real world so learn to live with it."

No you teach your kid to stick up for himself, but that might involve violence, the libs 'll never condone that, the problem is liberals want to replace the role of the father with the state.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
No you teach your kid to stick up for himself, but that might involve violence, the libs 'll never condone that, the problem is liberals want to replace the role of the father with the state.

There are alternative ways to handle things aside from violence. For an example, if my six year gets punished at school for hitting or shoving another kid, why should I resort to the same behavior by spanking him? What kind of message does that send?

As far as bullying, I tell my child to look the bully in the eyes and say "You're not worth my time and walk away." That would irritate a bully more than anything. They would want him to become violent and stoop to their level. Once they know they are not getting to you, they stop. I did that myself in school. It is extremely effective psychology.

alphieb said:
There are alternative ways to handle things aside from violence. For an example, if my six year gets punished at school for hitting or shoving another kid, why should I resort to the same behavior by spanking him? What kind of message does that send?

As far as bullying, I tell my child to look the bully in the eyes and say "You're not worth my time and walk away." That would irritate a bully more than anything. They would want him to become violent and stoop to their level. Once they know they are not getting to you, they stop. I did that myself in school. It is extremely effective psychology.

Again this is proof that you don't live in the real world because in the real world after your kid says that the bully grabs him and gives him a wedgy then punch's him in the head, the only thing a bully understands is violence. I would tell my kid that the next time that bully starts something to sucker punch him in the throat and then curb stomp his head that'll teach the little bastard to fuc/k with my kid. :mrgreen:

alphieb said:
and than your kid will get pummeled into the ground
and will continue to get pummeled until your child learns to stand up to bullies
it is the ONLY solution
that or an older sibling always helps

but whatever you choose to do, do not be so silly as to call the bully's parents to complain. your childs life will be ruined as a result

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Again this is proof that you don't live in the real world because in the real world after your kid says that the bully grabs him and gives him a wedgy then punch's him in the head, the only thing a bully understands is violence. I would tell my kid that the next time that bully starts something to sucker punch him in the throat and then curb stomp his head that'll teach the little bastard to fuc/k with my kid. :mrgreen:

That is not an appropriate thing to teach a child, but that is your business. Anyway, I would find out who the child was that did that and call the parents. I would then report it to the teacher and principle. If the kid was an adolescent, I would report it to the police and have him charged with battery. Actually, I would be tempted to punch the little brat myself, but I wouldn't, nor would I condone my child doing so. Trust me, I WOULD GET IT RESOLVED WITHOUT VIOLENCE. You don't mess with my kids. Plus my son goes to a Catholic School and not much of that goes on, because they ship those of that kind OUT.

DeeJayH said:
and than your kid will get pummeled into the ground
and will continue to get pummeled until your child learns to stand up to bullies
it is the ONLY solution
that or an older sibling always helps

but whatever you choose to do, do not be so silly as to call the bully's parents to complain. your childs life will be ruined as a result

LOL, read my next post. I hadn't even read yours yet. That is exactly what I would do.

alphieb said:
That is not an appropriate thing to teach a child, but that is your business. Anyway, I would find out who the child was that did that and call the parents. I would then report it to the teacher and principle. If the kid was an adolescent, I would report it to the police and have him charged with battery. Actually, I would be tempted to punch the little brat myself, but I wouldn't, nor would I condone my child doing so. Trust me, I WOULD GET IT RESOLVED WITHOUT VIOLENCE. You don't mess with my kids. Plus my son goes to a Catholic School and not much of that goes on, because they ship those of that kind OUT.

lmfao what kind of lesson is that to teach to your kid? "Don't worry if you get into trouble someone else will bail you out." :roll: You need to teach your kid the meaning of self reliance, having mommy fight his battles for him is not going to solve the problem it's only going to make it worse.

Back
Top Bottom