• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [3:30 PM CDT] - in 25 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

6 year old child suspended for alledged sexual harrasment.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
lmfao what kind of lesson is that to teach to your kid? "Don't worry if you get into trouble someone else will bail you out." :roll: You need to teach your kid the meaning of self reliance, having mommy fight his battles for him is not going to solve the problem it's only going to make it worse.

That is what a parent is there for. He is only six years old. If he fights back at school, he gets in trouble too. He doesn't like telling on other kids and he does take it into his own hands, but he ends up in trouble too. When he gets a lot older that is a different story, but I would still call the police, because battery is a crime.

People would threathen me at school and I would simply say "get out of my way" and act unafraid and they would leave me alone. I always just called their bluff. I would usually laugh and they would give up.

alphieb said:
That is what a parent is there for. He is only six years old. If he fights back at school, he gets in trouble too. He doesn't like telling on other kids and he does take it into his own hands, but he ends up in trouble too. When he gets a lot older that is a different story, but I would still call the police, because battery is a crime.

People would threathen me at school and I would simply say "get out of my way" and act unafraid and they would leave me alone. I always just called their bluff. I would usually laugh and they would give up.

:rofl :rofl :rofl
thanks for the good laugh

Actually 6 year olds don't know the difference between right and wrong and at that age their impulse control is extremely limited.

How many six year olds do you know? My little sister in law is six, and believe me, she KNOWS right from wrong. But then again, my in laws are also very involved with her, her education, and her upbringing. They don't pass the responsibility off onto others.

DeeJayH said:
:rofl :rofl :rofl
thanks for the good laugh

Your Welcome, do you have kids or are you a child yourself?

Stace said:
How many six year olds do you know? My little sister in law is six, and believe me, she KNOWS right from wrong. But then again, my in laws are also very involved with her, her education, and her upbringing. They don't pass the responsibility off onto others.

Put a cookie on the table, tell your little sister not to eat the cookie, leave the room for 10 minutes and find out what happens. Children at that age have very poor impulse control.

Put a cookie on the table, tell your little sister not to eat the cookie, leave the room for 10 minutes and find out what happens. Children at that age have very poor impulse control.

If she is told not to do something, she doesn't do it. It's that simple. She, unlike many people two, three, even four times her age, has integrity - she does the right thing even if no one is watching to see if she does or not.

alphieb said:
That is not an appropriate thing to teach a child, but that is your business. Anyway, I would find out who the child was that did that and call the parents. I would then report it to the teacher and principle. If the kid was an adolescent, I would report it to the police and have him charged with battery. Actually, I would be tempted to punch the little brat myself, but I wouldn't, nor would I condone my child doing so. Trust me, I WOULD GET IT RESOLVED WITHOUT VIOLENCE. You don't mess with my kids. Plus my son goes to a Catholic School and not much of that goes on, because they ship those of that kind OUT.

Everything I know about bullies is from experiance.I have been on both sides of the fence.If your kid gets bullied, the only way to get the bully to stop is for your kid to give the bully some serious pain.Bullies like easy targets.Telling little timmy to run to the teacher when he gets picked on makes him look like a bigger sissy and a bigger target on the bully's radar.

alphieb said:
Your Welcome, do you have kids or are you a child yourself?

I have a 17 year old son, and i have been accused of the latter many times before

Stace said:
If she is told not to do something, she doesn't do it. It's that simple. She, unlike many people two, three, even four times her age, has integrity - she does the right thing even if no one is watching to see if she does or not.

she is either an anomaly
or you are blinded by your love for her
6 year olds need alot of attention to keep them out of trouble
and why not do an experiment for us
put that cookie on the table and tell her 'no'

lets see what really happens

DeeJayH said:
she is either an anomaly
or you are blinded by your love for her
6 year olds need alot of attention to keep them out of trouble
and why not do an experiment for us
put that cookie on the table and tell her 'no'

lets see what really happens

She's my sister in law, not my daughter, and though I do love her dearly, trust me, I'm not blinded by anything. She is an incredibly obedient little girl. Not to mention that while she can be an attention hog when she wants to be, she can also go for hours at a time playing quietly by herself - and staying out of trouble.

And you know, I would gladly do the cookie thing, but the in laws live five hours away and we won't be going to visit them anytime soon.

Stace said:
She's my sister in law, not my daughter, and though I do love her dearly, trust me, I'm not blinded by anything. She is an incredibly obedient little girl. Not to mention that while she can be an attention hog when she wants to be, she can also go for hours at a time playing quietly by herself - and staying out of trouble.

And you know, I would gladly do the cookie thing, but the in laws live five hours away and we won't be going to visit them anytime soon.

than ask your sister(-in-law), next time you chat, to do it
most children are on their best behaviour when family is around visiting

DeeJayH said:
than ask your sister(-in-law), next time you chat, to do it
most children are on their best behaviour when family is around visiting

Trust me, she doesn't act different when we're around, other than being in attention hog mode, because my husband and I are her favorites, so she wants to spend all of her time with us.

Think young children aren't sexual creatures? Most of them start masturbating or at least going through the motions around 4 or 5. There are a lot of nerves down there even if the body parts aren't matured yet.

I think this is oversensitivity. Children have little attention spans and are naturally drawn to follow their impulses.

Stace said:
Trust me, she doesn't act different when we're around, other than being in attention hog mode, because my husband and I are her favorites, so she wants to spend all of her time with us.

which translates into she is on her best behaviour around you ;)

aquapub said:
Think young children aren't sexual creatures? Most of them start masturbating or at least going through the motions around 4 or 5. There are a lot of nerves down there even if the body parts aren't matured yet.

I think this is oversensitivity. Children have little attention spans and are naturally drawn to follow their impulses.

i dont think a small child who discovers he/she has sensitivity downstairs is actually being sexual, rather just curious

I know a girl who used to slide down her bannister because it felt good but that doesnt mean she is sexually aware, rather just experiencing a sensation

DeeJayH said:
which translates into she is on her best behaviour around you ;)

No, she's not. Ever seen a child throw a tantrum in the middle of Chuck E Cheese? Or start screaming bloody murder in the middle of Wal Mart because you won't buy her a new movie?

Yeah, that's my sister in law when we take her out with us. Gotta love her though, because she also tries to hide in our car when we have to leave so she can come with us. :mrgreen:

Stace said:
No, she's not. Ever seen a child throw a tantrum in the middle of Chuck E Cheese? Or start screaming bloody murder in the middle of Wal Mart because you won't buy her a new movie?

Yeah, that's my sister in law when we take her out with us. Gotta love her though, because she also tries to hide in our car when we have to leave so she can come with us. :mrgreen:

so she does NOT know the difference between right and wrong, or proper behaviour? ;) :doh

DeeJayH said:
so she does NOT know the difference between right and wrong, or proper behaviour? ;) :doh

Yes, she does. She just gets super excited when she sees us, because there's usually a few months between our visits. The Chuck E Cheese thing was our own fault, because we kept her out all day. And the Wal Mart thing happened when she was four.

jamesrage said:
Everything I know about bullies is from experiance.I have been on both sides of the fence.If your kid gets bullied, the only way to get the bully to stop is for your kid to give the bully some serious pain.Bullies like easy targets.Telling little timmy to run to the teacher when he gets picked on makes him look like a bigger sissy and a bigger target on the bully's radar.

I do agree with you, but you can bully them back psychologically if you're smart enough. Most bullies are dumb, as a rule and they feel inferior to others for one reason or another and that is why they do what they do. If you let them know you're onto their game, they will back off. That is what I'm trying to do with my son, by letting him know that 'hey they have the problem, not you". If they know you know that, they will lay off, trust me.

DeeJayH said:

Kids of that age only know what their parents instill in them. Your parents are God in their eyes and know everything. That is why we are all products of our environment's.

Back
Top Bottom