• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

6 year old child suspended for alledged sexual harrasment.

jamesrage said:
Child molesting sub-humans

I referred to them as priests. But hey, tell it like it really is!

vergiss said:
How old was your son?
8 or maybe 9 at the most
and all it was, was an 'i like you' kiss
not a 'let me stick it in you' kiss

DeeJayH said:
:2rofll:
now you are being silly
kids are cruel to each other
part of growing up, unless one is sheltered, in which case they usually grow up to be a wuss

That is absoloute bull. When does harassment and bullying cease to be a "part of growing up"? When a twelve-year-old feels so frightened and alone he shoots himself in the head?

I worry for your son. What if he comes home from school one day, crying and with a black eye? You'll just tell him it's character building?

DeeJayH said:
now you are being silly
kids are cruel to each other
part of growing up, unless one is sheltered, in which case they usually grow up to be a wuss

That's funny, not a single kid I knew growing up was a "wuss", but we never bullied each other or were cruel to each other. And we certainly weren't sheltered, either. I don't know what planet you're living on, but something like that certainly shouldn't be the norm, nor should it ever be accepted or condoned.

vergiss said:
Isn't it always neo-cons saying we shouldn't wrap kids in cottonwool?

I am no neo-con
However, children still know the difference between right and wrong.
Of course

If a kid tells another kid to stop, the child needs to learn to stop.

I agree.

When is it "too young" to teach children when touching is inappropriate?
The child should be learning not to pester the **** out of anyone,not getting in trouble for alledged sexual harrasment.If the child is to get into trouble for somehting it should be for pestering/bothering other students.

jamesrage said:
The child should be learning not to pester the **** out of anyone,not getting in trouble for alledged sexual harrasment.If the child is to get into trouble for somehting it should be for pestering/bothering other students.

I've said, for the 50 millionth time, the sexual harassment part was overzealous. But he should be disciplined for bothering fellow students and interfering with their education, and a little talk about where boys shouldn't touch girls wouldn't go astray, either.

vergiss said:
a little talk about where boys shouldn't touch girls wouldn't go astray, either.

How would you explain to a little 6 year old kid why it is wrong to touch a girl on the waist?

vergiss said:
That is absoloute bull. When does harassment and bullying cease to be a "part of growing up"? When a twelve-year-old feels so frightened and alone he shoots himself in the head?
lol
you really are being so silly about this

vergiss said:
I worry for your son. What if he comes home from school one day, crying and with a black eye? You'll just tell him it's character building?
my son was raised to never start a fight, but to sure as hell finish it
stace said:
That's funny, not a single kid I knew growing up was a "wuss", but we never bullied each other or were cruel to each other. And we certainly weren't sheltered, either. I don't know what planet you're living on, but something like that certainly shouldn't be the norm, nor should it ever be accepted or condoned.

would love to see how they would make out on the tough streets of NY
I dont know what fantasy land you grew up in, but in the real world, kids can be cruel, and usually are atleast once a week
growing up is not one big lovefest where everybody gets along

DeeJayH said:
would love to see how they would make out on the tough streets of NY
I dont know what fantasy land you grew up in, but in the real world, kids can be cruel, and usually are atleast once a week
growing up is not one big lovefest where everybody gets along

I certainly didn't grow up in any fantasy land. I spent my childhood right here in the South, where people know manners, and spent my teenage years right outside of Minneapolis. Yes, kids can be cruel, but again, that's not something that should just be accepted as a norm. If someone's ever cruel to my children, I'm not going to just sit there, shrug my shoulders and say "ah, kids'll be kids", I'll be doing something about it, because it's just not right and will certainly not serve them very well in later years.

Stace said:
I certainly didn't grow up in any fantasy land. I spent my childhood right here in the South, where people know manners, and spent my teenage years right outside of Minneapolis. Yes, kids can be cruel, but again, that's not something that should just be accepted as a norm. If someone's ever cruel to my children, I'm not going to just sit there, shrug my shoulders and say "ah, kids'll be kids", I'll be doing something about it, because it's just not right and will certainly not serve them very well in later years.

education is learned moreso by experience than lectures
kids learn more by the actions they take and the actions of others
than they do from some dopey lecture you ever give them
that is reality, atleast the one I live in

jamesrage said:
How would you explain to a little 6 year old kid why it is wrong to touch a girl on the waist?

Dude, he touched under her pants. It's easy - just say that there are some places boys shouldn't touch girls, and adults shouldn't touch children either, and elaborate on the specific places as how the parent sees fit. Kids don't need detailed answers, when I was a little girl and asked my mother where babies came from, she said "It's when a mummy egg and a daddy egg meet and the baby grows in the mummy's tummy," and I accepted that.

DeeJayH, so you're saying bullying and harassment is acceptable, then? It's okay for children to hit another without reason, call them names, threaten them, start rumours about them and the like? Your poor, poor son... :(

DeeJayH said:
education is learned moreso by experience than lectures
kids learn more by the actions they take and the actions of others
than they do from some dopey lecture you ever give them
that is reality, atleast the one I live in

No one is saying to lecture a child. But if you lead by example, and are kind and courteous to others, chances are, you child will follow suit. It's not my problem if your child can't obey you. If you raise your children a certain way, or show them by your own behavior that it's ok to do certain things, that is how they will act, and there will be no one to blame but yourself.

I've just learned all I need to know about you, and will not waste any more of my time bothering to respond to your posts, as you quite obviously do not value or respect the views and beliefs of others.

Stace said:
No one is saying to lecture a child. But if you lead by example, and are kind and courteous to others, chances are, you child will follow suit. It's not my problem if your child can't obey you. If you raise your children a certain way, or show them by your own behavior that it's ok to do certain things, that is how they will act, and there will be no one to blame but yourself.

I've just learned all I need to know about you, and will not waste any more of my time bothering to respond to your posts, as you quite obviously do not value or respect the views and beliefs of others.

Nor does he give a stuff about his own child. It's disgusting.

vergiss said:
Dude, he touched under her pants. It's easy - just say that there are some places boys shouldn't touch girls

The child will respond with "why" to every statement you make.

Kids don't need detailed answers, when I was a little girl and asked my mother where babies came from, she said "It's when a mummy egg and a daddy egg meet and the baby grows in the mummy's tummy," and I accepted that.
Did you ever ask how daddy's egg got inside mommy's tummy?

DeeJayH, so you're saying bullying and harassment is acceptable, then? It's okay for children to hit another without reason, call them names, threaten them, start rumours about them and the like? Your poor, poor son... :

He is stating that these happen in schools.To sit there and beleave they don't is absurd.

jamesrage said:

Unlikely. Otherwise it'd be impossible to ever teach a child anything.

jamesrage said:

Nope. Not until I was many years older, anyway. Did I not just say that I accepted the explaination?

jamesrage said:
He is stating that these happen in schools.To sit there and beleave they don't is absurd.

:doh Remember what I said about making huge leaps of logic? That's about as illogical a statement as you can get. He's saying that bullying and harassment prevents kids from being "wusses". It happens, but it shouldn't.

vergiss said:
Nope. Not until I was many years older, anyway. Did I not just say that I accepted the explaination?.
Many kids don't accept a simple explanation therefor will respond with "why".

Stace said:

inbreeding = good manners :doh :lol: :2wave:

vergiss said:
DeeJayH, so you're saying bullying and harassment is acceptable, then? It's okay for children to hit another without reason, call them names, threaten them, start rumours about them and the like? Your poor, poor son... :(

it is called reality
unlike the ideal world where so many liberal yahoos live

Nor does he give a stuff about his own child. It's disgusting.
try sticking to what you know
you have no clue how good, or bad, a father i am for my son
but atleast i can face the reality of the world i live in, and the world my son has to grow up in
and he will be a better person being taught how to survive in the real world
than to be brainwashed with lofty ideals from a fantasyland that have no basis in the world we live

jamesrage said:

EXACTLY !!!!!!

DeeJayH said:
it is called reality
unlike the ideal world where so many liberal yahoos live

try sticking to what you know
you have no clue how good, or bad, a father i am for my son
but atleast i can face the reality of the world i live in, and the world my son has to grow up in
and he will be a better person being taught how to survive in the real world
than to be brainwashed with lofty ideals from a fantasyland that have no basis in the world we live

Dude, you serious? :shock: Well, don't act so surprised if your son's ever bullied into depression, or even suicidality. "It's okay they're beating you up, son, that's the real world so learn to live with it."

jamesrage said:
Many kids don't accept a simple explanation therefor will respond with "why".

Then give them an appropriate answer. It's really not that difficult. What if that lesson saves your child from being molested by an adult? You'll be thankful for it then.

vergiss said:
Dude, you serious? :shock: Well, don't act so surprised if your son's ever bullied into depression, or even suicidality. "It's okay they're beating you up, son, that's the real world so learn to live with it."
or he can learn to deal with it and be a stronger person, mentally.
or he can become a wishy washy wussy feel good liberal
its a cruel cruel world out there.
no matter what your ideals depict it as

DeeJayH said:
or he can learn to deal with it and be a stronger person, mentally.
or he can become a wishy washy wussy feel good liberal
its a cruel cruel world out there.
no matter what your ideals depict it as

Firstly, that completely trivialises the experiences of everyone who's ever had to deal with a mental illness - about 25 percent of the population.

Secondly, are you seriously saying that if your child was being bullied at school, you wouldn't do anything to try and stop the harassment? You wouldn't try to save your child from suffering? Bullying is NOT okay, it is NEVER necessary or acceptable and to say that it is shows a shocking incompetence as a father. :shock:

jamesrage said:

Then you answer. A simple explanation that some parts of the body are private sufficed with my family.

jamesrage said:

Yes, and I was told. When my child asked me the same question, I told her too. Not in a particularly graphic way, but in an age appropriate manner. Of course we have animals in my family and most kids have actually seen sex. I was never one to lie and say the animals were playing or fighting.

jamesrage said:

Of course they do. This case is an absurd overreaction to what happened though.

vergiss said:
Firstly, that completely trivialises the experiences of everyone who's ever had to deal with a mental illness - about 25 percent of the population.

Secondly, are you seriously saying that if your child was being bullied at school, you wouldn't do anything to try and stop the harassment? You wouldn't try to save your child from suffering? Bullying is NOT okay, it is NEVER necessary or acceptable and to say that it is shows a shocking incompetence as a father. :shock:

I am sorry, but where did i say that
sounds like your incompetence to me:doh

DeeJayH said:
I am sorry, but where did i say that
sounds like your incompetence to me:doh

Fine. This is easily enough settled:

Do you see harassment of one child by another, or a group of others, as a normal part of growing up? Is it acceptable behaviour? Yes or no.

Back
Top Bottom