• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

11 Things The Wealthiest 400 Americans Could Buy Their Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
your class hatred is showing again. what is a fair tax burden for those who make 22% of the income? 22% is one fair version and so is one percent-that means every group pays the same amount of tax

The rightwingers have no facts on their side, so they resort to childish behaviors. Their efforts to keep redistributing wealth from the top to the bottom is made transparent by the scorn and hatred they spew towards the middle class who created the wealth of this nation.

The GOP is the only party to have been found, in a court of law, to be engaging in illegal behavior when it comes to voting. They have no place lecturing others on electoral laws.

The rightwings criminal behavior against voters is just one piece of their campaign of class warfare. They know that the wealthy can't bribe everyone, so they use force to keep the poor an the middle class from voting.

It gets a bit silly to ask you to clarify a claim you made and have you repeat the same stupidity over anf over.

I actually am concluding you are a conservative trying to make libs look stupid

I'm getting a house that was originally $110k for about $40k.
Completely clean in A+ shape.

great deal, hopefully you can sell it in a few years for 110 or so and then find one for 110 that was worth 250K

It gets a bit silly to ask you to clarify a claim you made and have you repeat the same stupidity over anf over.

I actually am concluding you are a conservative trying to make libs look stupid

There's no point in asking the rightwingers to clarify their point when all they can do is mindlessly repeat their slogans. The rightwingers need no assistance when it comes to making themselves look stupid. Their whining about spending, after spending 8 years under bush* spending like drunken sailors has made their foolish hypocrisy evident to all but the deluded hyper-partisans

There's no point in asking the rightwingers to clarify their point when all they can do is mindlessly repeat their slogans. The rightwingers need no assistance when it comes to making themselves look stupid. Their whining about spending, after spending 8 years under bush* spending like drunken sailors has made their foolish hypocrisy evident to all but the deluded hyper-partisans

yep I am right, took a while to get conclusive proof

great deal, hopefully you can sell it in a few years for 110 or so and then find one for 110 that was worth 250K

I'm a pretty good ways outside of Atlanta, so a normal market value house here is much less than what city prices are.
I suspect, that the max value of that house will top out around $100k, maybe a little less.

Also depends on local community growth, which could change all that too.

I'm a pretty good ways outside of Atlanta, so a normal market value house here is much less than what city prices are.
I suspect, that the max value of that house will top out around $100k, maybe a little less.

Also depends on local community growth, which could change all that too.

yeah, you never know-where i live was a farm community and in 85 40 acres that I own 25 of was offered to my neighbor for 80K

two years ago two of the five acre lots were sold by the owners for 900K and on that land are being built houses that are selling for 850K for one acre lots-bare lots are going for 110 (and that is due to home prices dropping-the developers were originally hoping to get 175 and acre)

You don't call the worst recession since the Great Depression, a financial tailspin. Without the tarp its likely it would have been another depression.

Sorry, I posted why I disagree with that. The arguement that without TARP the markets would fall to 7000. It fell to 7000 with TARP. Stimulus was going to keep unemployment under 8%. It didn't. Before that the banks were on solid footing. There was no chance of them failing because of their size. Well, it seems that wasn't the case. And you still buy into what is being sold?

All we did was make private losses public losses. We will have many (including you) argueing that the "rich" are screwing the little guy but here you defend and root that very thing on. It's why your complaints are absolutely worthless. They equat trying to tell me that a pile of dung is actually steak. No, here is what TARP did. This one example should suffice. Goldman Sachs packaged what they knew were absolutely worthless mortgage's and got the rating agencies to say they were solid investments and F&F bought them up.

The law states that any misrepresented (fraudulent) investments must be taken back by the agency that provided them. We are sitting on what is likely, well, who knows how much in bogus loans that belongs to Goldman Sachs but they have shed it and are making record profits. Not a peep out of those here bitching about things not being fair. Why is th egovernment not forcing these loans back on to G.S.? (hint, one of the reason is sitting at the head of Treasury).

I am the one argueing for the "little guy" and you continue to defend Goldman Sachs.

All the financial experts on both sides of the isle are saying that if we default on our debt and get our credit rating slashed, it will be devastating to our own economy, as it will be to the world economy. Even the ultra-conservative Republican Governor of my state of Virginia has switched positions on the debt ceiling because he suddenly realized that since Virginia gets so much of its revenue from federal sources, if the federal government suffers, so does Virginia.
So I hope you will forgive me for not going with your gut feeling.

Forgive me, I quit reading at the bold. WE ARE UNDER NO RISK OF DEFAULTING. That isn't gut feeling, that's fact and fact that you are still feeding at the trough of government B.S.

Last edited:
TX has along history of neglecting the needy. Whatever they do provide is just token of compassion, often funded by the fed govt, and meant only to obscure the depraved indifference of its' rightwing population. Thats why TX is near the top of the list when it comes to most of societys' disorders like poverty, hunger, unemployment, education, teen pregnancy, etc

It's sad that you can't actually address the point. There is nobody in Texas (or any other state) that doesn't have access to a program they would need to aquire food.

Regarding suppression of the vote by the right wing against the poor

especially the dead ones

Do you have any evidence to present that anyone has been convicted of voter fraud for having dead people vote in an election?

I'm getting a house that was originally $110k for about $40k.
Completely clean in A+ shape.

Did you sell a previous home to purchase this one? And if so, how did that turn out for you in money?

It's sad that you can't actually address the point. There is nobody in Texas (or any other state) that doesn't have access to a program they would need to aquire food.

It's sad that didn't actually address the point that I made. It's not hard to spout opinions and not respond to the points of others

The results prove that there are many people who can't access the minimal programs that TX offers (often funded with money from the Fed govt) Thats why TX is on the bleeding edge when iit comes to a variety of negative social indicators like poverty, hunger, uneployment and teen pregnancy

It's sad that didn't actually address the point that I made. It's not hard to spout opinions and not respond to the points of others

This started based upon your point that Texas was callous and just allowing people to suffer because they couldn't access enough to eat. There is no reason anyone outside of their own actions should be in that situation. That is addressing your point, you just refuse to acknowledge the point.

The results prove that there are many people who can't access the minimal programs that TX offers (often funded with money from the Fed govt) Thats why TX is on the bleeding edge when iit comes to a variety of negative social indicators like poverty, hunger, uneployment and teen pregnancy

Texas refuses to allow them out of the house? How is Texas stopping people from accessing the programs? If the Federal government is already providing a program, why should Texas provide a redundant program?

Food stamps is a federal program. It is run by the states but it is a federal program. Is Texas using these monies for Ranger tickets or something?

Regarding suppression of the vote by the right wing against the poor

Do you have any evidence to present that anyone has been convicted of voter fraud for having dead people vote in an election?

I doubt it, but I have plenty of evidence to present of GOPers suppressing the vote. Here's one:

Aides To GOP Governor Indicted For Trying To Suppress Black Voter Turnout In 2010 Campaign | ThinkProgress

Two top aides to former Maryland Gov. Robert Ehrlich (R) were indicted Friday for trying to suppress Democratic voter turnout by ordering misleading phone calls that discouraged voters from going to the polls. The Baltimore Sun reports that Paul Schurick, Ehrlich’s communications director, and Julius Henson, a longtime GOP operative, directed this deceptive robocall campaign targeting the state’s black voters during last year’s gubernatorial campaign

Julius Henson and Paul Schurick each face three counts of conspiracy to violate Maryland election laws, one count of attempting to influence a voter’s decision and one count of failing to provide an authority line (on campaign material). Schurick also is charged with one count of obstruction of justice. [...]

The indictment, handed up by a Baltimore City grand jury, came after an eight-month investigation by State Prosecutor Emmet Davitt into tens of thousands of robocalls that went out late on Election Day. A caller instructed voters in Democratic areas to stay home and “relax” because Democratic Gov. Martin O’Malley had already won. In fact, the polls were still open. [...]

The indictment describes a document titled “The Schurick Doctrine” and says that it was “designed to promote confusion, emotionalism, and frustration among African-American Democrats.”

This started based upon your point that Texas was callous and just allowing people to suffer because they couldn't access enough to eat. There is no reason anyone outside of their own actions should be in that situation. That is addressing your point, you just refuse to acknowledge the point.

I don't know what you mean by "outside their own actions" mean, but if you're blaming the poor for being to stubborn to eat, I'm not buying it. The facts show that TX has one of the nations highest rate of poverty, and does the less about it than most states.

Texas refuses to allow them out of the house? How is Texas stopping people from accessing the programs? If the Federal government is already providing a program, why should Texas provide a redundant program?

Food stamps is a federal program. It is run by the states but it is a federal program. Is Texas using these monies for Ranger tickets or something?

It's sad that you can't address my point without putting words into my mouth. I didn't say they can't leave the house. I am saying that they obviously are having a problem accessing these programs because they aren't showing up. The idea that the poor are refusing to eat is nonsensical.

You can give as many excuses as you want (ex they refuse to eat, it's the fed govt problem, etc) but the facts show that the token efforts in TX are not sufficient. That's why TX leads when it comes to so many social ills.

I don't know what you mean by "outside their own actions" mean, but if you're blaming the poor for being to stubborn to eat, I'm not buying it. The facts show that TX has one of the nations highest rate of poverty, and does the less about it than most states.

It has one of the highest rates of people being here illegally. Texas tries and tries to rectify that situation but are fought at every action they take. It's a foolish arguement to state that citizens of this country are not eating. We do not have people dying from malnutrition. (outside of some odd rare case one might find). The programs are there that any citizen can access food. I'm sure once again, you'll dismiss this fact based upon rhetoric.

It's sad that you can't address my point without putting words into my mouth. I didn't say they can't leave the house. I am saying that they obviously are having a problem accessing these programs because they aren't showing up. The idea that the poor are refusing to eat is nonsensical.

So please, tell us why they are not showing up. Use your own words. (hint: if you only use baseless accusations people must jump to their own conclusions)

You can give as many excuses as you want (ex they refuse to eat, it's the fed govt problem, etc) but the facts show that the token efforts in TX are not sufficient. That's why TX leads when it comes to so many social ills.

Illegal immigration.

It has one of the highest rates of people being here illegally. Texas tries and tries to rectify that situation but are fought at every action they take. It's a foolish arguement to state that citizens of this country are not eating. We do not have people dying from malnutrition. (outside of some odd rare case one might find). The programs are there that any citizen can access food. I'm sure once again, you'll dismiss this fact based upon rhetoric.

Actually, due to the lack of jobs, net immigration has dropped to zero. And the #'s show that TX has higher than avg poverty, unemployment, hunger, etc

And people obviously can't access the programs as proven by the fact that they aren't accessing them. It's not because the hungry are stubbornly refusing to eat.

So please, tell us why they are not showing up. Use your own words. (hint: if you only use baseless accusations people must jump to their own conclusions)

There are many reasons why summer programs are inaccessible to the poor. For one, their children aren't in school, and the parents can't bring them to where the food is.

Illegal immigration.

Illegal immigration has dropped to net zero. For every immigrant entering the country, one is leaving. The fact remains that when it comes to social ills, TX is on the bleeding edge because TX spends less than most other states to rectify the situation.

Actually, due to the lack of jobs, net immigration has dropped to zero. And the #'s show that TX has higher than avg poverty, unemployment, hunger, etc

If so, the numbers will reflect that at some point in the future.

And people obviously can't access the programs as proven by the fact that they aren't accessing them. It's not because the hungry are stubbornly refusing to eat.

Because Texas locks them in their homes?

There are many reasons why summer programs are inaccessible to the poor. For one, their children aren't in school, and the parents can't bring them to where the food is.

Food stamps do not end in the summer. Besides, Texas does provide summer programs.

HOME

Illegal immigration has dropped to net zero. For every immigrant entering the country, one is leaving. The fact remains that when it comes to social ills, TX is on the bleeding edge because TX spends less than most other states to rectify the situation.

The facts are, you have provided no facts.

If so, the numbers will reflect that at some point in the future.

TX will continue to lead the nation when it comes to social ills.

Because Texas locks them in their homes?

No, because TX programs are not accessible

Food stamps do not end in the summer. Besides, Texas does provide summer programs.

We werent talking about food stamps

The facts are, you have provided no facts.

You haven't provided facts

TX will continue to lead the nation when it comes to social ills.

Opinion noted.

No, because TX programs are not accessible

Opinion noted despite not addressing the points that they are available and accessible and you providing absolutly nothing to the contrary.

We werent talking about food stamps

The discussion is access to food. I realize that isn't what you are actually talking about but sometimes reality simply must be interjected.

You haven't provided facts

What? No mention about the Texas summer food program?

Opinion noted.

Opinion noted despite not addressing the points that they are available and accessible and you providing absolutly nothing to the contrary.

The discussion is access to food. I realize that isn't what you are actually talking about but sometimes reality simply must be interjected.

What? No mention about the Texas summer food program?

Fact - TX is on the bleeding edge when it comes to many of societys ills

And we were talking about a particular program, not food stamps and "mentioning" a program is not providing facts about the program

Fact - TX is on the bleeding edge when it comes to many of societys ills

And we were talking about a particular program, not food stamps and "mentioning" a program is not providing facts about the program

You weren't discussing anything, just ranting about Texas. Providing the link to the program is not just "mentioning" a program.

http://www.summerfood.org/ <-----------LINK

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom