• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

11 Things The Wealthiest 400 Americans Could Buy Their Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be making arguments instead of accusations and mistatements of fact

LOL your rants that the rich pay less of the federal tax burdens is one of the biggest lies ever seen on this board

if you don't have the stones to tell people what you do or how old you are making personal comments like that is pretty lame. tell me what direct payment have I received from the government for being wealthy?

Correction, he is not asshole enough to try to substitute internet claims of self-importance for documentation of his points.

Correction, he is not asshole enough to try to substitute internet claims of self-importance for documentation of his points.

Taking shots at someone else when you won't own up to general stuff is lame but so is calling someone an "asshole" which is what you have essentially done. but maybe you can discuss the topic and prove what he cannot

his claim that the rich pay less of the federal income tax burden now is an utter lie

Yea but a lot of middle class people made bank on house flipping before the economy went to ****.
Not to mention the dividends banks were paying out.

Insiders....I tried to buy one of those foreclosed houses before the run up in prices....bank wanted way too much for a house that needed work. Then one of the tellers at my bank was telling me how he and his partner got into one dirt cheap....

Insiders....I tried to buy one of those foreclosed houses before the run up in prices....bank wanted way too much for a house that needed work. Then one of the tellers at my bank was telling me how he and his partner got into one dirt cheap....

bank tellers are well known to be part of the uber wealthy?

Is it really the rich speculators fault or just the entirety of the people who participated?
I mean, the signs were pretty clear that it was a bubble, before it popped.

Well here in SD, it went down like this: speculators bought large blocks of available properties, driving prices up and starting the bubble. Then an onslaught of tv advertising for myriad ways to get rich quick on real estate, with no money down! Ads for refis to get lower interest rates (and a bit of that new equity to sweeten the deal with new toys, and debt.)

Then.....POOF!

The poor gain income by being seduced by politicians to vote those politicians power and from that the politicians steal wealth and gain power that begets more wealth. I want you to unite and try to crush the rich. truly

The right does everything they can do to suppress the vote of the poor.

LOL your rants that the rich pay less of the federal tax burdens is one of the biggest lies ever seen on this board

The rights rants about the parasitic middle class losers is the biggest scam this nation has ever heard

Taking shots at someone else when you won't own up to general stuff is lame but so is calling someone an "asshole" which is what you have essentially done. but maybe you can discuss the topic and prove what he cannot

his claim that the rich pay less of the federal income tax burden now is an utter lie

The rightwing is the one who has made taking potshots a habit instead of posting facts. Their propoganda is a fail, which is why they need to scream "Liar, liar, pants on fire" whenever confronted with the truth. The childish ones are easy to identify, and they are sitting on the reight side of this issue.

The wealthy are not paying their fair share. Instead, they and their rightwing minions have been waging a class war in order to steal the wealth of this nation, which was created by the middle class.

I could afford to buy all that stuff when, once I am approved for a FTHB loan.

The rightwing is the one who has made taking potshots a habit instead of posting facts. Their propoganda is a fail, which is why they need to scream "Liar, liar, pants on fire" whenever confronted with the truth. The childish ones are easy to identify, and they are sitting on the reight side of this issue.

The wealthy are not paying their fair share. Instead, they and their rightwing minions have been waging a class war in order to steal the wealth of this nation, which was created by the middle class.

The wealthy pay more than their fair share

which is easily proven

22% of the income, 40% of the income tax

you cannot even give us a number that you can justify

fair is 22% of the income means paying 22% of the income tax (which is the highest version-one percent of the population paying one percent of the taxes would be the lowest objective definition of fair)

The wealthy pay more than their fair share

which is easily proven

22% of the income, 40% of the income tax

you cannot even give us a number that you can justify

fair is 22% of the income means paying 22% of the income tax (which is the highest version-one percent of the population paying one percent of the taxes would be the lowest objective definition of fair)

The wealthy pay far less than their fair share

which is easily proven

The right cannot justify their theft of the middle class' wealth

Fair means paying taxes in proportion to what is earned, something the wealthy haven't done in 30 years.

The republican party is the only political party in the US which is under a court order to stop using force to keep poor and middle class people from voting.

yeah telling people to have IDs sort of creates a chilling effect on fraudulent voting.

if you have to fill out a form and present an ID to buy a gun you ought to present an ID to vote

The wealthy pay far less than their fair share

which is easily proven

The right cannot justify their theft of the middle class' wealth

Fair means paying taxes in proportion to what is earned, something the wealthy haven't done in 30 years.

repeating that juvenile claim without any valid numbers or comparisons to income earned vs taxes paid is lame

you cannot even say what a fair amount is-its whatever you claim it is on a given day

I guess in some environments repeating the same lame nonsense over and over works and will gain the support of the equally unconvincing.

yeah telling people to have IDs sort of creates a chilling effect on fraudulent voting.

if you have to fill out a form and present an ID to buy a gun you ought to present an ID to vote

The GOP is the ONLY political party to be found, in a court of law, to be illegally using force to deny people the right to vote. The whinge when they have to fill out a form, but it's OK when they attack voters who only want to vote

repeating that juvenile claim without any valid numbers or comparisons to income earned vs taxes paid is lame

you cannot even say what a fair amount is-its whatever you claim it is on a given day

I guess in some environments repeating the same lame nonsense over and over works and will gain the support of the equally unconvincing.

The rightwingers endlessly repeat their whines about how the lazy rich are overtaxed, without any valid numbers or comparisons. They mindlessly repeat their slogans, and dismiss the facts with childish accusations of "Liar, liar, pants on fire!"

The GOP is the ONLY political party to be found, in a court of law, to be illegally using force to deny people the right to vote. The whinge when they have to fill out a form, but it's OK when they attack voters who only want to vote

The republican party is the only political party in the US which is under a court order to stop using force to keep poor and middle class people from voting.

why should people not show an ID-who does it discourage? crooks and frauds

its the same argument gun haters used to make people fill out forms and present IDs--IF YOU ARENT A CROOK WHY SHOULD IT BOTHER YOU TO FILL OUT A FORM AND SHOW AN ID (and get a background check etc)

The rightwingers endlessly repeat their whines about how the lazy rich are overtaxed, without any valid numbers or comparisons. They mindlessly repeat their slogans, and dismiss the facts with childish accusations of "Liar, liar, pants on fire!"

your class hatred is showing again. what is a fair tax burden for those who make 22% of the income? 22% is one fair version and so is one percent-that means every group pays the same amount of tax

Well here in SD, it went down like this: speculators bought large blocks of available properties, driving prices up and starting the bubble. Then an onslaught of tv advertising for myriad ways to get rich quick on real estate, with no money down! Ads for refis to get lower interest rates (and a bit of that new equity to sweeten the deal with new toys, and debt.)

Then.....POOF!

Oh I understand that, on the flip side though.
People like me, who don't make a whole lot, got to get a house on the cheap after the downfall. :mrgreen:

Oh I understand that, on the flip side though.
People like me, who don't make a whole lot, got to get a house on the cheap after the downfall. :mrgreen:

buy low sell high!!

why should people not show an ID-who does it discourage? crooks and frauds

The GOP is the only party to have been found, in a court of law, to be engaging in illegal behavior when it comes to voting. They have no place lecturing others on electoral laws.

its the same argument gun haters used to make people fill out forms and present IDs--IF YOU ARENT A CROOK WHY SHOULD IT BOTHER YOU TO FILL OUT A FORM AND SHOW AN ID (and get a background check etc)

The rightwings criminal behavior against voters is just one piece of their campaign of class warfare. They know that the wealthy can't bribe everyone, so they use force to keep the poor an the middle class from voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom