• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Your fav sayings, includes ones that you claim as your own

To a pretty woman -
As long as I have a face, you’ll have a place to sit.

You can lead a horse to knowledge, but you can't make it think.
Similar to the old horticulture one

You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think

I claim two favorite sayings as my own:

"Never punish the mom for what the dad did." (about abortion rights)
"Get a vaccine, not COVID-19!" (self-explanatory)

I claim two favorite sayings as my own:

"Never punish the mom for what the dad did." (about abortion rights)
"Get a vaccine, not COVID-19!" (self-explanatory)
Actually, you can get COVID-19 after being vaccinated, but the case is likely to be less serious. My fully vaccinated and boosted friend recently returned from a business trip to Germany, where she caught COVID and needed to be quarantined. She had cold-like symptoms, headaches and fatigue but she is much better now. She is in her 50s.

Actually, you can get COVID-19 after being vaccinated, but the case is likely to be less serious. My fully vaccinated and boosted friend recently returned from a business trip to Germany, where she caught COVID and needed to be quarantined. She had cold-like symptoms, headaches and fatigue but she is much better now. She is in her 50s.

The problem is people who both the original and booster vaccine never got the new one made specifically against the omicron virus, so they get sick from that. This happens because the new vaccine was not made until last year.

The problem is people who both the original and booster vaccine never got the new one made specifically against the omicron virus, so they get sick from that. This happens because the new vaccine was not made until last year.
We both had the latest booster, the one I got in September of last year. The vaccines and boosters do not prevent you from getting the viruses; but they substantially reduce their severity. The omicron variant is generally less serious because it infects the upper respiratory system and doesn't shrivel up the lungs like the original virus.

We both had the latest booster, the one I got in September of last year. The vaccines and boosters do not prevent you from getting the viruses; but they substantially reduce their severity. The omicron variant is generally less serious because it infects the upper respiratory system and doesn't shrivel up the lungs like the original virus.

Pfizer runs infomercials on all the major TV networks about high risk factors (specifically being over 50 years old, heart disease, diabetes, being overweight, asthma, and smoking) increasing the risk that symptoms of COVID-19 will become severe. They say even if the symptoms are mild, if you have any of those conditions and test positive for covid, you should see a doctor right away and ask about oral treatment.

Pfizer runs infomercials on all the major TV networks about high risk factors (specifically being over 50 years old, heart disease, diabetes, being overweight, asthma, and smoking) increasing the risk that symptoms of COVID-19 will become severe. They say even if the symptoms are mild, if you have any of those conditions and test positive for covid, you should see a doctor right away and ask about oral treatment.
Wrong thread for this debate

Wrong thread for this debate

"slap my ass and call me Judy"

My sister says this most always she slaps her own hip when she says it.

An expression of astonishment.

"I'll say something when it matters."

What my late Father-in-Law ( a mountain of a man ) told me 53 years ago when I was a nervous 16 year old teenager courting his daughter, and tried to strike up a conversation by asking him why he was always so quiet.

The mills of the gods grind slowly, but they grind exceedingly small. Aunt Lydia

This has a few good ones, and it's amusing.

If you want to skip the video (not recommended)

"Never argue with idiots"
"If it happens once it will happen twice"
"Take heed of warnings"
"Time is of the essence"
"Accidents happen"
"Fear is not prosperity"

and for good measure,
"Stormtroopers"

“Keep it in your sneaker”

”that’s real good”

This has a few good ones, and it's amusing.

If you want to skip the video (not recommended)

"Never argue with idiots"
"If it happens once it will happen twice"
"Take heed of warnings"
"Time is of the essence"
"Accidents happen"
"Fear is not prosperity"

and for good measure,
"Stormtroopers"

Those were wonderful! Thank you for posting.

Virtually anything from Princess Bride. My sig line was once, "I'm not left handed".

Last edited:
"Be fruitful and multiply, but not in those words" - Night Court

Back
Top Bottom