• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Yet another reason to vote Trump

The only positive thing trump did for the economy was be lucky enough to ride the coattails of the Obama Biden economy.

But true to his nature he got his hands on a good thing and ****ed it all up like all of his "businesses"...

MR King of debt, master of bankruptcy ran this country into the ground like everything he touches...
I'm not gonna waste words with this:

Cow manure.jpg

I do plenty of learning, just not about things that are irrelevant to me. If you are going to be condescending, make sure you are more intelligent than the other person.

Your quote still did not say how contact tracing works. "It is used to break chains of transmission" is a piss poor explanation, at best. Tell me, in your words, what contact tracing is going to do, specifically.
If contact tracing is "irrelevant" to you then you should not comment on it. I gave you a link which explains what it does but apparently you do not read. BTW doing nothing is not a option that ANY expert would recommend. That is Trumps plan.

The use of contact tracing is one of the oldest public health tactics, dating back centuries, said Lori Tremmel Freeman, chief executive officer for the National Association of County and City Health Officials.

"It means that as soon as you know of a person who may have a virus or have tested presumptive positive, you work immediately to first isolate that person so they do not spread it further," Freeman said. "You keep them away from other people, and then you work with that person directly to understand who they have come in contact with."
Contact tracers wind up tracking a "spider web of transmission," following a pathogen like the coronavirus as it spreads from person to person. Each person who's been infected is asked about their contacts, and then those contacts are approached.

Contact tracing hasn't been a widely implemented strategy in the COVID-19 response because the epidemic surged quickly and there were not enough tests available to figure out exactly who carried the virus, experts say.
Because of that, states were forced to use the blunt public health instrument of social isolation and shutdowns.

"You don't want to be at the height of that bell curve and try to implement a contact tracing system in your community," Freeman said. "It will be overwhelming and nearly impossible to do at that point."

But there are now parts of the country where contact tracing could be implemented as part of the effort to cut back on social isolation, experts said. These places have low levels of active COVID-19 transmission, and enough testing available to identify new cases.

"In some parts of the country that haven't seen much infection or transmission, it is absolutely possible for them to do contact tracing now," Freeman said.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200504/what-is-contact-tracing-and-how-does-it-work#2

Economists say that financial collapses are the most difficult and slowest types of recessions to recover. The last one was the Great Depression as an example. Obama's recovery was the fastest of all western economies and we avoided the double dip that Europe suffered because of their failed "austerity plan".
Not any economists that don't donate or get paid by the Democratic times.

iguaman said:
Not interested in Obama apologism. Obama ranks last in recovery performance by a wide margin.

Will they? Is that what economists will tell me? I'm sure you'll blame the length of the depression recovery on FDR as well right?
Yeah, probably. Paul Krugman does and he's a Nobel Laureate. He's written that only WW II saved FDR reputation.

poweRob said:
That is the typical right wing thing to do. Trash economies and then scream about how long it takes dems to clean up their republican messes.
Someone ironic coming from a blindly faithful devotee of two Presidents that FUBARed their recoveries.

So the "Media" will stop overflowing our ICU's with covid 19 patients and stop killing 1000+ of us a day?
No. The media will either tell us the crisis is getting worse or they'll tell us the crisis is over.

And the people will believe them.

No. The media will either tell us the crisis is getting worse or they'll tell us the crisis is over.

And the people will believe them.
What about the metrics that I mentioned? You don't think 1000's of deaths a day from a preventable disease is worthy of news coverage? I think you are confusing what Trump thinks media should be with the reality that media is just reporting the news.

What about the metrics that I mentioned? You don't think 1000's of deaths a day from a preventable disease is worthy of news coverage? I think you are confusing what Trump thinks media should be with the reality that media is just reporting the news.
They'll either mention the "metrics" with hyperbole or minimize them.

Not any economists that don't donate or get paid by the Democratic times.

Not interested in Obama apologism. Obama ranks last in recovery performance by a wide margin.
Not according to GDP... Germany was the only nation close to our rebound under Obama.
BlogImage_RealGDPIndexed_022717.jpg

They'll either mention the "metrics" with hyperbole or minimize them.
That is just BS and you know it. Numbers are numbers and you can't spin them. Like this one from "Meet the Press" this morning...

Osterholm pointed to the daily tally of 70,000 new COVID-19 cases in the U.S. Friday, the highest level since July. Between now and the holidays, the number of COVID-19 cases in the U.S. will likely “blow right through that,” he said.

He stressed that one reason for concern is that there are a number of voices guiding the public instead of just one, “which is part of the problem.”

If contact tracing is "irrelevant" to you then you should not comment on it. I gave you a link which explains what it does but apparently you do not read. BTW doing nothing is not a option that ANY expert would recommend. That is Trumps plan.

Perhaps in leftist grammar comments end with a question mark, but here in reality, a question ends with a question mark. That is why I put them at the end of my questions regarding contact tracing. I did not comment, which would have been followed by a period. Yes, they may have been rhetorical question that I did not really care to have answered, but they were not comments, either way. But, like I said, you try forced quarantine of millions of people and let me know how it works.

Perhaps in leftist grammar comments end with a question mark, but here in reality, a question ends with a question mark. That is why I put them at the end of my questions regarding contact tracing. I did not comment, which would have been followed by a period. Yes, they may have been rhetorical question that I did not really care to have answered, but they were not comments, either way. But, like I said, you try forced quarantine of millions of people and let me know how it works.
There wouldn't be millions of people needing to be quarantined if we had adequate contact tracing to begin with. You are probably right that 100,000 is not enough to get numbers down quickly, but it will make a dent and slowly reduce the spread of the virus in areas hit the hardest by determining who needs to quarantine. Most people follow quarantine mandates, so even if a few do not, that is better than what we have now with many not even aware they are contagious while going about their daily routines.

More people working than during most of Obama's term ain't bad for six months after the pandemic onset. Better than most of Obama's term. And stock market 30-40% higher than Barry's best. Yet, it ain't bad.
_111437124_us.unemployment-nc.jpg

Trump supporters do not care about trends. They only care about numbers that make Trump look good, so they talk about the raw numbers and not how that data was driven. I see it all the time.
Apparently they need reminding that Obama inherited the worst recession in recent history and Trumps main achievement economically was not torpedoing the robust recovery he inherited.
And all American voters need reminding that Biden was part of the team that engineered the recovery from the previous Republican recession and their best hope is that history can repeat itself.

There wouldn't be millions of people needing to be quarantined if we had adequate contact tracing to begin with. You are probably right that 100,000 is not enough to get numbers down quickly, but it will make a dent and slowly reduce the spread of the virus in areas hit the hardest by determining who needs to quarantine. Most people follow quarantine mandates, so even if a few do not, that is better than what we have now with many not even aware they are contagious while going about their daily routines.

I guess we may find out.

8,000,000 Americans have hit the poverty level in the last couple of months, over 220,000 Americans have died from a Pandemic with many more to follow...............whatever
That was due to China having no respect for the US who didn’t push back on militarizing SCS islands, they saw us as all a bunch of self serving Bidens. Why help out chumps?

That is just BS and you know it. Numbers are numbers and you can't spin them. Like this one from "Meet the Press" this morning...

Osterholm pointed to the daily tally of 70,000 new COVID-19 cases in the U.S. Friday, the highest level since July. Between now and the holidays, the number of COVID-19 cases in the U.S. will likely “blow right through that,” he said.

He stressed that one reason for concern is that there are a number of voices guiding the public instead of just one, “which is part of the problem.”
How do you minimize that? Tell people that the number of infected isn't important.

How do you extend the crisis? Tell people that the number of infected means Trump has failed.

Mark my words...you'll see one of those two tactics after the election...most likely the second one.

That was due to China having no respect for the US who didn’t push back on militarizing SCS islands, they saw us as all a bunch of self serving Bidens. Why help out chumps?
Well that had Zero to do with my post, but since you bring it up what exactly has trump done about those islands? Clue: the answer in Nothing.

Regarding COVID, one of two things will happen as soon as we know who the next President is:

Right again! (Weren't you the one that said you were never wrong?)

1. If Trump wins, COVID will continue to be a crisis.

yes, because ignoring the problem means the problem continues.

2. If Biden wins, COVID will magically go away.

Hardly magically. I know this is hard for Cons to understand, but science is not magic. Follow the science, implement its reccomendations, and while CoVid will not simply disappear, we will likely bring it to the point that its not controlling our economy and our lives. We will learn to contain it and safely live with it.

There is no reason for a rational intelligent American to vote for trump

Only those.racist blind and brainwashed deplorables will vote for our moron in chief.

Oh and greedy rich people that want the government to give them a tax cut and borrow the money to pay for it.

history.gif

How do you minimize that? Tell people that the number of infected isn't important.

How do you extend the crisis? Tell people that the number of infected means Trump has failed.

Mark my words...you'll see one of those two tactics after the election...most likely the second one.
Now you are just being ludicrous. Who would believe that 70,000 new cases a day of a deadly but preventable disease is not important? Trump has failed by any measure and we don't need the media to tell us that.

Not according to GDP... Germany was the only nation close to our rebound under Obama.
BlogImage_RealGDPIndexed_022717.jpg
Nice try. We're comparing apples to apples by looking at how the UNITED STATES recovered from recessions.

I'll be honest.If I was lazy and useless and didn't want to work I'd sit home and get all those freebies.Then I'd vote for Biden.
I'd start a bank and loan money. Then wipe the sweat off of my brow.

Back
Top Bottom