• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Yet another reason to vote Trump

Yeah, probably. Paul Krugman does and he's a Nobel Laureate. He's written that only WW II saved FDR reputation.

Someone ironic coming from a blindly faithful devotee of two Presidents that FUBARed their recoveries.
FDR was doing fine until Republicans convinced him to try and balance the Federal Budget which brought a double dip in 1937-38. Like I said earlier finance caused meltdowns are difficult and slow ro recover from. That is why the banks were heavily regulated after the Great Depression until Greenspan decided that bankers were no longer greedy risk takers. It took just 7 years after they were deregulated for them to fail again. Luckily we were far better prepared this time.

Here are some "alternative facts":

220,000 people have died of a pandemic with Trump at the helm, they were just old I suppose...Thanks Trump.
Racists have come out of the closet under Trump, they have a social platform and president to help them voice their racism...Thanks Trump.
The country is more divided than ever under trump...Thanks Trump.
Democracy wasn't in jeopardy prior to Trump, he fixed it...Thanks Trump.
Voting wasn't fraudulent prior to Trump...Thanks Trump.
The stock market wasn't the economy prior to Trump, now it is...Thanks Trump.
Unemployment existed under Obama, but Trump made sure 30,000,000 are unemployed...Thanks Trump.
We were the envy of the free world, but now we aren't...Thanks Trump.
We had allies who stood by us, and we stood by them, don't have to worry about that craziness anymore...Thanks Trump.
Cabinet members used to move on to other jobs, now they go to jail...Thanks Trump.
My kids and grandkids used to come visit me, now they are afraid they will infect me with the Trumpvirus...Thanks you SOB!

Yeah, more reasons to vote Trump

90% of those deaths were people 55 years old and older. Almost 80% were over retirement age. How many of the people that have become unemployed do you think were under 55? Do you think it might have been a better idea to protect the vulnerable and let the lower risk people get back to work, so maybe that 8 million would not be 8 million?
True, and it's doubtful the 109.7 million that benefitted from the salary increase, are going to vote for a tax hike and more draconian regulations. And it's sad that the democrat party are rooting on a pandemic because they think it hurts Trump. MSNBC runs a death toll crawler, and act like the spikes in deaths are a stock market rally. Quite pathetic.

Now you are just being ludicrous. Who would believe that 70,000 new cases a day of a deadly but preventable disease is not important? Trump has failed by any measure and we don't need the media to tell us that.
Twitter and FB is full of people who would believe anything.

True, and it's doubtful the 109.7 million that benefitted from the salary increase, are going to vote for a tax hike and more draconian regulations.

I would not count on that. The American populous is always willing to cut its nose off to spite its face.

Lower unemployment rate = more people working QED

Just to be clear
View attachment 67300207

In August of 2020 payroll employment 140914000 ; Obama gets close in March of 2015 - 62 months after taking office.
Is that what that table represents? Raw employment numbers? Guess what- there's more of everybody today than there was in March of 2015. White employed,black employed, unemployed, left-handed, cross-eyed, bed-wetters , more of everybody. That's why statistics deal in per capita rates, not raw numbers.
Fact is, Obama inherited the worst recession in recent memory and Trump inherited a very robust recovery.

FDR was doing fine until Republicans convinced him to try and balance the Federal Budget which brought a double dip in 1937-38. Like I said earlier finance caused meltdowns are difficult and slow ro recover from. That is why the banks were heavily regulated after the Great Depression until Greenspan decided that bankers were no longer greedy risk takers. It took just 7 years after they were deregulated for them to fail again. Luckily we were far better prepared this time.
Man, you really are a dance master aren't you? You've got a tap dance for every Democrat who ever held office. Always someone else's fault; that's the refrain, right?

Man, you really are a dance master aren't you? You've got a tap dance for every Democrat who ever held office. Always someone else's fault; that's the refrain, right?
Reality is a stern master. Words to live by.

Thanks, China. Our economy was in great shape until the Chinese virus hit

Please stop being politically correct.

Call it COVID or COVID-19; the official name is a bit long... severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)...but COVID-19 is the proper short name for it.

I realize that calling it the Chinese virus makes you feel better, but instead of acting like a snowflake and demanding everyone kow-tow to your PC, let's just use the short, official name for it.

In spite of battle coronavirus, slobber-slinging Democratic, and user-bias debate/townhall moderators Trump has once again slam-dunked on the "he's ruined the economy mini-brains. Median wages for full time employees soared despite the boat anchor drag of coronavirus, power-drunk governors opening and closing their states and Biden's tax hike and frivolous spending platform.

According to the link provided, the weekly amount went down for minorities, especially Latinos and African Americans.

Also, it doesn't reflect that full-time job creation is still slowed down due to COVID-19 and that a large number of those full-time jobs that exist are temporary.

Also, you can't call it a winning report when you consider that we could be in a better situation if Trump had handled the crisis better.

In spite of battle coronavirus, slobber-slinging Democratic, and user-bias debate/townhall moderators Trump has once again slam-dunked on the "he's ruined the economy mini-brains. Median wages for full time employees soared despite the boat anchor drag of coronavirus, power-drunk governors opening and closing their states and Biden's tax hike and frivolous spending platform.
One thing we can be sure of when it comes to voting for Trump. If you didn't vote for him in 2016, you're not voting for him in November. And, if you didn't vote at all or went third-party in '16, you are likely going to vote for Biden.

In other words, expect to suffer some serious butthurt next month.

One thing we can be sure of when it comes to voting for Trump. If you didn't vote for him in 2016, you're not voting for him in November. And, if you didn't vote at all or went third-party in '16, you are likely going to vote for Biden.

In other words, expect to suffer some serious butthurt next month.
Probably not. You guys on the left are the ones internalizing the election and making it a hill do die on. I have enough faith in the rest of America and Americans that I believe we'll wallow through the inept, corrupt Biden fiasco. Besides it's gonna be fun being the the attackers rather than the defenders.of government FUBARs. :ROFLMAO:

According to the link provided, the weekly amount went down for minorities, especially Latinos and African Americans.

Also, it doesn't reflect that full-time job creation is still slowed down due to COVID-19 and that a large number of those full-time jobs that exist are temporary.

Also, you can't call it a winning report when you consider that we could be in a better situation if Trump had handled the crisis better.
Nice try. A passable job given you had nothing to work with except TDS.

Probably not. You guys on the left are the ones internalizing the election and making it a hill do die on. I have enough faith in the rest of America and Americans that I believe we'll wallow through the inept, corrupt Biden fiasco. Besides it's gonna be fun being the the attackers rather than the defenders.of government FUBARs. :ROFLMAO:
It's good you have moved to acceptance

Well that had Zero to do with my post, but since you bring it up what exactly has trump done about those islands? Clue: the answer in Nothing.
They were completed before Trump took over. Obama granted them a fait accompli power the SCS.

I knew this thread was ridiculous when it claimed "Yet another reason". The very idea that there's even one good reason to vote for Trump is laughable.

They were completed before Trump took over. Obama granted them a fait accompli power the SCS.
Nonsense they are still working on them. Trump has done Nothing to stop any of it or even bring it up during negotiations, know why, he doesn't care.

90% of those deaths were people 55 years old and older. Almost 80% were over retirement age. How many of the people that have become unemployed do you think were under 55? Do you think it might have been a better idea to protect the vulnerable and let the lower risk people get back to work, so maybe that 8 million would not be 8 million?
Except that Trumpers don't wear masks or social distance or probably wash their hands. We will see how many school teachers die over the next few months. I'm sure Trump will something to say about the poor school teachers he said should give up their lives to re-open schools. I doubt you are aware that about 50 % of school teachers are in the at risk group. I know Trump doesn't know or care.
And for your info, I'm turning 65 after working every last year of my life in the military and healthcare in Dec and my wife is already 66 and not in the best of health. I so appreciate you concern for our welfare. I hope you don't get hit by a car and die in the street.

Except that Trumpers don't wear masks or social distance or probably wash their hands.

Then they should be the only ones to get sick, right? It is easy for people that are not very smart to blame everything on their political enemies.

We will see how many school teachers die over the next few months. I'm sure Trump will something to say about the poor school teachers he said should give up their lives to re-open schools. I doubt you are aware that about 50 % of school teachers are in the at risk group. I know Trump doesn't know or care.

What part of protect the vulnerable did you not quite understand?

I hope you don't get hit by a car and die in the street.

That was uncalled for, but not entirely surprising. Stay classy.

Back
Top Bottom