• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Yet another reason to vote Trump

That's bullshit. Only time that came close to working was WW II

Really, so I suppose you opposed any and all government relief during the pandemic?

2015? That Obama years. When, prior to COVID emergergency, did deficit EVER get to the trillion dollar level.

GOP had control of both houses in 2015. Stop blaming Obama for everything.

Now, why has the deficit increased every year with a good economy and GOP in charge of House (until 2018) and Senate, and WH?

Really, so I suppose you opposed any and all government relief during the pandemic?
How the hell do you come up with that?

Geoist said:
GOP had control of both houses in 2015. Stop blaming Obama for everything.
LOL sure, as soon as you stop trying to apologize away his complicity.
Geoist said:
Now, why has the deficit increased every year with a good economy and GOP in charge of House (until 2018) and Senate, and WH?
GOPer like spending too. And yet they managed to keep it under a trillion until the pandemic.

In spite of battle coronavirus, slobber-slinging Democratic, and user-bias debate/townhall moderators Trump has once again slam-dunked on the "he's ruined the economy mini-brains. Median wages for full time employees soared despite the boat anchor drag of coronavirus, power-drunk governors opening and closing their states and Biden's tax hike and frivolous spending platform.

Yes the economy is really booming...

Jobless claims: Another 898,000 Americans filed new unemployment claims last week. ... Initial jobless claims, week ended Oct. 10: 898,000 vs. 825,000 expected and 845,000 during the prior week. Continuing jobless claims, week ended Oct. 3: 10.018 million vs. 10.550 million expected and 11.183 million during the prior week.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/jobl...ims, week ended,million during the prior week

Spare is your RW moronic bullshit. Are republicans even attempting to pass a stimulus bill, or to debate the 2 they have sitting on Mitch’s desk passed by the house?
Yet they are - except when Senate Dems block them. Get back to me when you can behave like an adult.

GOPer like spending too. And yet they managed to keep it under a trillion until the pandemic.
LOL So doubling the deficit Obama left him is now "managing"? Too funny.

More people working than during most of Obama's term ain't bad for six months after the pandemic onset. Better than most of Obama's term. And stock market 30-40% higher than Barry's best. Yet, it ain't bad.

LOL So doubling the deficit Obama left him is now "managing"? Too funny.
Nice try. Obama's last deficits were GOP adult supervision. He never had a deficit under a trillion until GOP had control of House.

More people working than during most of Obama's term ain't bad for six months after the pandemic onset. Better than most of Obama's term. And stock market 30-40% higher than Barry's best. Yet, it ain't bad.
The economy is collapsing again now that the stimulus has run out. Covid-19 on the other hand is surging and covid deaths are back to 1000 a day.

L
OS ANGELES (IDN) – When President Donald Trump was challenged by Axios national political correspondent Jonathan Swan to respond to the fact that, “a thousand Americans are dying a day” due to COVID-19, the president responded as though the grim tally was perfectly acceptable, saying, “They are dying, that’s true. And it is what it is.”

While observers were aghast at the callousness of his statement, it should not have surprised us. Trump had warned that the death toll would be high, and he had asked us months ago to get used to the idea. In late March, the White House Coronavirus Task Force had projected that 100,000 to 240,000 Americans would die from the virus. Rather than unveil an aggressive plan to tackle the spread and prevent the projected mortality figures, the president had said, “I want every American to be prepared for the hard days that lie ahead.”

In fact, mass death appears to be part of Trump’s reelection strategy as per a July 30 Vanity Fair report on the administration’s strategy to contain the pandemic. The investigative piece explained that Trump’s adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner was part of a group of White House staffers that corresponded frequently to discuss the rapidly spreading virus.

According to a public health expert who was described as being “in frequent contact with the White House’s official coronavirus task force,” one of the members of Kushner’s team had concluded that, “because the virus had hit blue states hardest, a national plan was unnecessary and would not make sense politically.” The unnamed expert told Vanity Fair, “The political folks believed that because it was going to be relegated to Democratic states, that they could blame those governors, and that would be an effective political strategy.”
https://www.indepthnews.net/index.p...ars-to-be-part-of-trump-s-reelection-strategy

This is how seniors in Florida are feeling about Trump

RDMBDMLZZRK7YL475YOZWLNIFY.jpg

Do you or do you not think the government has a roll to play in buoying the economy during a recession?

I see him as complicit in failing to properly hold the banks accountable, but I did not have a problem with a dramatic increase in spending to help the economy. However, they should've done a bottom-up approach, not a top-down one. They sorta learned their lesson during the pandemic.

Actually, no they didn't. It was nearly a trillion for 2019 ($984 billion) and over a trillion for 2020 BEFORE COVID ($1.08 trillion).

Clearly you don’t.

Will you ever get around to answering why republicans are intentionally hurting Americans? They are intentionally trying to lose the white house and the senate.

All I can tell the forum is I voted for only Republicans and of course voted for Trump. My son informs me he will go to the polling station in person and vote for Trump.

My family here in Idaho voted for Trump. I have seen just one yard sign promoting Biden. Many for Trump.

Do you or do you not think the government has a roll to play in buoying the economy during a recession?

I see him as complicit in failing to properly hold the banks accountable, but I did not have a problem with a dramatic increase in spending to help the economy. However, they should've done a bottom-up approach, not a top-down one. They sorta learned their lesson during the pandemic.

Actually, no they didn't. It was nearly a trillion for 2019 ($984 billion) and over a trillion for 2020 BEFORE COVID ($1.08 trillion).

Are you pro deficit or anti deficit? If pro, how high would you support? The issue currently is Mitch tells Nancy she is too high in spending and for her pet things.

Yeah, they tried Dems filibustered it.
no they didn’t.
There's not debate on the monstrosities the Dems sent over.

Correct. The Republican senate has not even taken the bills to committee. They are sitting on Mitch’s desk. Republicans are intentionally hurting Americans.

All I can tell the forum is I voted for only Republicans and of course voted for Trump. My son informs me he will go to the polling station in person and vote for Trump.

My family here in Idaho voted for Trump. I have seen just one yard sign promoting Biden. Many for Trump.
So you acknowledge republicans are intentionally hurting Americans. Thanks

Yet they are - except when Senate Dems block them. Get back to me when you can behave like an adult.
Do you honestly not know that neither bill passed by the house has even made it to committee? Or are you just lying? I’ll give you a small hint. Democrats can’t block a bill that is not allowed to be brought to committee.

This was refuted a few pages ago, lol.

So you acknowledge republicans are intentionally hurting Americans. Thanks
Here is what I do acknowledge ... Democrats were furious Trump won and put in an extreme amount of effort and some success at hurting Americans. Happy you admit it. Thanks.

Do you honestly not know that neither bill passed by the house has even made it to committee? Or are you just lying? I’ll give you a small hint. Democrats can’t block a bill that is not allowed to be brought to committee.
The Senate performs a role in checks and balances.

So you give trump a pass on covid economy but anchor Obama down with his first year of absorbing Bush's shit economy? Typical.

Here is what I do acknowledge ... Democrats were furious Trump won and put in an extreme amount of effort and some success at hurting Americans. Happy you admit it. Thanks.
So you acknowledge republicans are intentionally hurting Americans.
You, me, and everyone reading knows why you keep deflecting.

The Senate performs a role in checks and balances.
The Republican senate is intentionally hurting Americans. It is going to cost you the whitehouse and senate.

no they didn’t.

Yeah, they did
rahl said:
Correct. The Republican senate has not even taken the bills to committee. They are sitting on Mitch’s desk. Republicans are intentionally hurting Americans.
They weren't worth committee consideration - too much pork, spending for unrelated lib wishlist, etc. Classic Pelosi.

no they didn’t.
They weren't worth committee consideration - too much pork, spending for unrelated lib wishlist, etc. Classic Pelosi.
Thank you for acknowledging republicans are intentionally harming Americans by not even attempting to debate them, and that it is not possible for democrats to block the senate version of the bill.
It’s a rare thing to see such self ownage. Thank you for that.

So you give trump a pass on covid economy but anchor Obama down with his first year of absorbing Bush's shit economy? Typical.
LOL, when the economy turns upward five months after Obama takes office there's not much credit to give. Obamanomics was a boat anchor showing the recovery. Even with minimal head winds it took Obama 2/3s of his term to get employment and UE close to what Trump has righ now in the middle of shutdowns and pandemic.

LOL, when the economy turns upward five months after Obama takes office there's not much credit to give.

5 month turn around of the worst recession since the depression and you say there's no credit to give. Good God.

Obamanomics was a boat anchor showing the recovery. Even with minimal head winds it took Obama 2/3s of his term to get employment and UE close to what Trump has righ now in the middle of shutdowns and pandemic.

More people have filed for unemployment since March than voted for Trump in 2016. So no... get your facts straight.

Back
Top Bottom