• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ya its the pro choice's fault for all these women getting pregnant. Don't they know about abstaining from sex?

No one is asking you to have a child so no problem there. No one is asking you to be a father so no problem there. All that is being asked is that you accept responsibility for your actions rather than just complain about a woman deciding what is good for her rather than what is good for a man.

I said nothing about the law . Nor do i need to use a legal argument to make my point. It is simply a morally correct and a logically sound position that a person be held responsible for their own actions which is all that is being asked of men.

Yet the woman doesn't have to accept responsibility for her actions - where's the logic in that? She's permitted to sever her responsibility and end the life cycle of another human being in favor of her own. He should be allowed the same right.

[

Disagree abortion is a matter concerning only a pregnant woman and her doctor. Abortion is a medical issue. It is only the anti abortion crowd who want abortion to be a legal matter that they can use as a political football

Wow - if only abortion where only a "medical issue" - as it should be. It's like reconstructive surgery. Reconstructive surgery was created to help those who were maimed or deformed and was usurped by pop culture to become "plastic" surgery. Same with abortion. A abortion was valid medical procedure created for dire cases where a real choice has to be made and was usurped by pop culture.

No, that obligation has already been explained. A man must take responsibility for his own actions not blame the woman or government for not letting him behave as if he does not have to face consequences for what he did.

The question I am asking is to the claim, " Men do not get the choice to "abort" their obligation from a child as a woman does."

So again I will ask, what obligation?

Yet you can't answer why a woman must not take responsibility for her own actions. She doesn't have to "face consequences" for what she did - why does he?

Your question is confusing at best - what obligation does a woman have to a child? You're kidding right? Even scarier to think you probably aren't and feel parents have no obligation at all to their children. Explains a lot of the problems we have with society these days.

Unlike the woman, the man can have garnishment of wages and income tax returns for 18 years. The woman has that power over him - why are you so scared to allow her to sever that connection if he so chooses?

Hard to imagine ANYONE who LIKES abortion.
The problem with the pro-Life movement is that they not only won't allow it EVEN under dire circumstances like rape, incest or jeopardizing the life of the mother. They're even opposed to morning after pills AND contraception. In fact, they intend to criminalize all premarital and extramarital sex as well, if they ever get their way.

I would do anything and everything in my power to convince someone I know to not get an abortion however I would, in the end, honor their wishes if it turned out that there is no other good option. I agree that abortion is a tragedy.
But I've seen firsthand examples of why it still is sometimes necessary.

Pro-lifers need to stop telling themselves that all pro-choicers cheer every time an abortion is done, or that they LIKE abortion.

“Lena Dunham: ‘I still haven’t had an abortion, but I wish I had.’”
I'd say you're wrong that no one "likes" abortion. Don't forget Martha either.
1610692319737.png

No one is asking you to have a child so no problem there. No one is asking you to be a father so no problem there. All that is being asked is that you accept responsibility for your actions rather than just complain about a woman deciding what is good for her rather than what is good for a man.

I said nothing about the law . Nor do i need to use a legal argument to make my point. It is simply a morally correct and a logically sound position that a person be held responsible for their own actions which is all that is being asked of men.
Oh... your argument is weaker than I thought ... No law... just morals?

Bottom line is that you argument is hypocritical. You can't even begin to touch that aspect of it so you fall back on, 'gee, a guy made his decision to become a parent when he had sex but a woman did not accept to become a parent when she had sex.

Hypocritical.

Illogical.

Immoral.

Unequal rights under the Constitution under the 13th Amendment.

She has no choice but to face the fact that she is pregnant. Unlike a male who can simply whinge that it is not his fault and he nothing to do with getting her pregnant. She cannot run away from being pregnant as you wish to do. It really is not possible for her say she has no responsibility when in fact the responsibility of deciding the future of the conception is hers and no one else.

Having an abortion is being responsible if that is her best choice. If on the other hand she decides to have the child then there is an obligation on both woman and man. So neither gets anything more or less than the other.
What are you talking about? She can get control of his income tax refunds and garnish his wages against his will. And you said it perfectly "if she decides to have the child" - he has no choice in the matter. I thought freedom to choose was what it's all about. That freedom should extend to both sides of the equation. Why are you so afraid to extend this right to men?

Dude... Greenie... you are a guy, what the **** are you telling a woman anything about pregnancy for, or that she can not run away from pregnancy or what is or what is not possible about he responsibilities or what an abortion has to do with her best choice? Mate, this is where guys just sit down, shut the hell up... AND LISTENS.

Yet you can't answer why a woman must not take responsibility for her own actions. She doesn't have to "face consequences" for what she did - why does he?

Your question is confusing at best - what obligation does a woman have to a child? You're kidding right? Even scarier to think you probably aren't and feel parents have no obligation at all to their children. Explains a lot of the problems we have with society these days.

Unlike the woman, the man can have garnishment of wages and income tax returns for 18 years. The woman has that power over him - why are you so scared to allow her to sever that connection if he so chooses?
And as you are no doubt aware a man can have 18 years back payment for a kid that he never even knew that he had because she never told him... meaning that he missed out on his kid, was probably seen by his kid as the bad guy AND that he never had time to save up to pay... I knew a woman who did this and that was the last time we ever talked...

What are you talking about? She can get control of his income tax refunds and garnish his wages against his will. And you said it perfectly "if she decides to have the child" - he has no choice in the matter. I thought freedom to choose was what it's all about. That freedom should extend to both sides of the equation. Why are you so afraid to extend this right to men?

No, she does not get control. In the stupidity of the american system all she gets is to hope she does not have to pursue him with a lawyer.

And no, if he wants that sort of ability to decide then he needs to be pregnant. Otherwise he is responsible for his actions, not her decisions. The freedom does extend to both equally. If she aborts then he also has no problem. If she decides to give birth then he is responsible fort his part not her decision.

Any man stupid enough not to understand that it is her right to decide deserves an education, not sympathy or a get out facing up to your own actions card.

I have no problem with considering rights but that is not what you are asking for. What you are asking for is the ability to never have to face up to taking responsibility for your own actions.

Yet the woman doesn't have to accept responsibility for her actions - where's the logic in that? She's permitted to sever her responsibility and end the life cycle of another human being in favor of her own. He should be allowed the same right.

What responsibility are you talking about? A pregnant women must act responsibly because it is her right and only hers to make that decision.

He has that same right all he has to do is become pregnant to exercise that right.

I have answered that. She has no choice but to be responsible as it up to her to make a decision. Unlike you she cannot just run away from her responsibility to make that decision.

Parents have responsibility to their children, but we are not discussing a parent caring for her child. We are discussing what a women should do about a pregnancy. Do not try moving the goal post from a pregnant women making a decision to a parent caring for a child that has been born.

The woman who decides to keep the pregnancy is also going to have to care for the child which is cost to her as well in time and money.. The male on the other hand has no obligation other than to pay some money.

No, she does not get control. In the stupidity of the american system all she gets is to hope she does not have to pursue him with a lawyer.

And no, if he wants that sort of ability to decide then he needs to be pregnant. Otherwise he is responsible for his actions, not her decisions. The freedom does extend to both equally. If she aborts then he also has no problem. If she decides to give birth then he is responsible fort his part not her decision.

Any man stupid enough not to understand that it is her right to decide deserves an education, not sympathy or a get out facing up to your own actions card.

I have no problem with considering rights but that is not what you are asking for. What you are asking for is the ability to never have to face up to taking responsibility for your own actions.

So you're saying he is responsible for her decision? How is that even equal rights? Once again she doesn't have to face any responsibility for her actions - that should be extended to the male also.

Why are you so afraid to give men this right?

Oh... your argument is weaker than I thought ... No law... just morals?

Bottom line is that you argument is hypocritical. You can't even begin to touch that aspect of it so you fall back on, 'gee, a guy made his decision to become a parent when he had sex but a woman did not accept to become a parent when she had sex.

Hypocritical.

Illogical.

Immoral.

Unequal rights under the Constitution under the 13th Amendment.
How ridiculous to call it slavery.
Pretending you have an argument by throwing out the pity plea of being a slave is laughable.

You are only being asked to take responsibility for what actions you have taken.

And yes I have no need to call on a law. I only need point out the lack morality of what you are asking for. Why would anyone want to create an immoral law?

I have answered that. She has no choice but to be responsible as it up to her to make a decision. Unlike you she cannot just run away from her responsibility to make that decision.

Parents have responsibility to their children, but we are not discussing a parent caring for her child. We are discussing what a women should do about a pregnancy. Do not try moving the goal post from a pregnant women making a decision to a parent caring for a child that has been born.

The woman who decides to keep the pregnancy is also going to have to care for the child which is cost to her as well in time and money.. The male on the other hand has no obligation other than to pay some money.

"unlike me"? I'm a woman so what do you mean? No we aren't discussing what a woman should do about pregnancy - we are talking about what comes after. If she doesn't want to be financially responsible for a child she helped create she gets to terminate that responsibility. Financial is the number one reason given for the choice to abort. The man is not permitted this choice.

Why are you so afraid to give men this choice?

How ridiculous to call it slavery.
Pretending you have an argument by throwing out the pity plea of being a slave is laughable.

You are only being asked to take responsibility for what actions you have taken.

And yes I have no need to call on a law. I only need point out the lack morality of what you are asking for. Why would anyone want to create an immoral law?

Why are you so afraid to give this choice to men?

Dude... Greenie... you are a guy, what the **** are you telling a woman anything about pregnancy for, or that she can not run away from pregnancy or what is or what is not possible about he responsibilities or what an abortion has to do with her best choice? Mate, this is where guys just sit down, shut the hell up... AND LISTENS.

You have to be kidding. You mean I should side with a stupid argument just because I am a man. I understand that you definitely need to sit down and listen to what women are saying.

I'm just hoping John Roe steps up and challenges this status quo with a lawsuit very soon and expose the hypocrisy of what we have in place.

So you're saying he is responsible for her decision? How is that even equal rights? Once again she doesn't have to face any responsibility for her actions - that should be extended to the male also.

Why are you so afraid to give men this right?
Sigh! Please take the time not only to read but to comprehend what i have said.

What I said was , " Otherwise he is responsible for his actions, not her decisions. "

You have to be kidding. You mean I should side with a stupid argument just because I am a man. I understand that you definitely need to sit down and listen to what women are saying.

I'm a woman and I say the system as is in one sided and hypocritical.

I understand why men support abortions - they aren't supporting women - they are supporting their lifestyle for the next 18 years - the same as a woman supports her lifestyle for the next 18 years by aborting.

Sigh! Please take the time not only to read but to comprehend what i have said.

What I said was , " Otherwise he is responsible for his actions, not her decisions. "

So now you're saying he isn't responsible is she chooses to deliver the baby? That's as it should be.

You are not asking for a choice. You are asking for the right to not be held responsible for your own actions.

Same as a woman doesn't have to be held responsible for hers.

I'm a woman and I say the system as is in one sided and hypocritical.

I understand why men support abortions - they aren't supporting women - they are supporting their lifestyle for the next 18 years - the same as a woman supports her lifestyle for the next 18 years by aborting.

You keep pretending that these men want a choice. They do not, what these men want is to not be held responsible for their own actions. They played a part in that pregnancy and they need to face up to what they have done instead of play victim or blame women.

So now you're saying he isn't responsible is she chooses to deliver the baby? That's as it should be.
Are you being deliberately obtuse?

He is responsible for his own actions. Do I need dumb this down even further for you?

You keep pretending that these men want a choice. They do not, what these men want is to not be held responsible for their own actions. They played a part in that pregnancy and they need to face up to what they have done instead of play victim or blame women.

So 100% of women who get abortions were raped and played no part in their pregnancy?

It's a choice I'm offering to the men - doesn't mean all men would make that choice - does it? There should be no fear in allowing men to make it.

Same as a woman doesn't have to be held responsible for hers.
How is she not being responsible? She is making a decision as she has no choice but to make a decision. Your statement alludes to the idea that she has some sort of obligation to have a child regardless of her own personal desire. and that an abortion is somehow a negation of that responsibility. Her deciding to have an abortion is being responsible about her life not an escape from responsibility.

Back
Top Bottom