• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ya its the pro choice's fault for all these women getting pregnant. Don't they know about abstaining from sex?

You are a beautiful person, it takes courage to stand up and be counted, good on you girl.
I read some of your other posts, it takes bottle, but you give weight to the logical argument, and a balance we could never hope to achieve, as men only, but we are, believe it or not when you read some of these posts, the other half of the same coin. We men and women compliment each other, how nature intended people to live in some harmony. Even wild animal show affection, you'd be hard pressed to read any affection for the opposite sex in these pages.

Praying Mantis mating

Females preying on the lives/livelihood of men when they themselves "don't hafta if they don't wanna"
For no reason other than they have other plans - perhaps the man has plans too.

I did notice you didn't reply to my next post, where a woman aborted her child and was jailed! Sauce for the goose, I think is sauce for the gander!

A week before the due date for no reason? Right? She was held accountable as pretty much everybody on the planet thinks that is wrong.
You didn't even read it, did you.

A week before the due date for no reason? Right? She was held accountable as pretty much everybody on the planet thinks that is wrong.

This is in North Yorkshire, not the USA or my country. Women do not terminate "for no reason". There is always a reason.

That's not the point, the point was jailed, for aborting a child.. but instead of your get out of jail free card.

So you are promoting killing the woman? You do realize that if she dies, so does the zef, right?
A lobotomy, then perhaps her parts, organs could be used for social good works! After the child is born!
Well she can now make money from the donated child when aborting, one user so stated here on these posts.
As I hope you can tell, I'm being facetious but just imagine if all the power wasn't all in your hands, and the baby had a right to decide, father and child against a mother wanting to kill the baby or kill the mother!! Two votes to one!

IOW, you cannot prove your claim. I accept your concession.
Wrong..... becoming a habit!

Juste Lipse 1593
The ancient Assyrians had a brutal perspective on abortions. One of the first recorded laws about abortion dates from the Code Of Assura, an 11th century BC legal text that declares the death penalty specifically for married women who obtained abortions without the permission or knowledge of their husbands. (If the husband did know or helped, it's implied, things were more acceptable.) The manner of death was left open, but another Middle Assyrian law dictates that women of any calibre who got abortions should be impaled and then left unburied, as the ultimate insult in that civilization.

And having a procedure that is equivalent to saying she has no responsibility in creating the child is a lie too?

Who is saying women aren't taking responsibility? That's exactly what an abortion is, a woman taking responsibility for an unwanted pregnancy. She undergoes the risk of surgery because the alternative is a new life unwanted, at the least, and, at the most, her own death. It's really very simple that she owns her own body and her own life and any that exists within her. How can anything else be the case?

No, all of this talk about men getting to impregnate women and then claim ignorance of the relationship between them ejaculating inside a woman and her becoming pregnant is absurd. If you want to avoid having babies, KNOW your partner and take responsibility for your own contribution. They have condoms, vasectomies and, for some, common sense to protect you.

Who is saying women aren't taking responsibility? That's exactly what an abortion is, a woman taking responsibility for an unwanted pregnancy. She undergoes the risk of surgery because the alternative is a new life unwanted, at the least, and, at the most, her own death. It's really very simple that she owns her own body and her own life and any that exists within her. How can anything else be the case?

No, all of this talk about men getting to impregnate women and then claim ignorance of the relationship between them ejaculating inside a woman and her becoming pregnant is absurd. If you want to avoid having babies, KNOW your partner and take responsibility for your own contribution. They have condoms, vasectomies and, for some, common sense to protect you.
So now your a slave owner?

A lobotomy, then perhaps her parts, organs could be used for social good works! After the child is born!
Well she can now make money from the donated child when aborting, one user so stated here on these posts.
As I hope you can tell, I'm being facetious but just imagine if all the power wasn't all in your hands, and the baby had a right to decide, father and child against a mother wanting to kill the baby or kill the mother!! Two votes to one!

This is why I say anti choice instead of pro life. smh

Wrong..... becoming a habit!

Juste Lipse 1593
The ancient Assyrians had a brutal perspective on abortions. One of the first recorded laws about abortion dates from the Code Of Assura, an 11th century BC legal text that declares the death penalty specifically for married women who obtained abortions without the permission or knowledge of their husbands. (If the husband did know or helped, it's implied, things were more acceptable.) The manner of death was left open, but another Middle Assyrian law dictates that women of any calibre who got abortions should be impaled and then left unburied, as the ultimate insult in that civilization.

That doesn't prove it was a crime for thousands of years world wide.

So now your a slave owner?

First of all, I'll never be pregnant. Secondly, owning your own body is not the same as being a slave owner. The more accurate metaphor is not slave ownership, it's the right to defend your own life against an intruder. That's what an unwanted fetus is, an intruder that threatens the life, health and wellbeing of a woman.

I, for one, prefer to trust women to decide when they're ready or not to face the risks of pregnancy. Conversely, the dogmatic denizens of the Republican party prefer to take an elevationist view of the fetus and declare it the product of their subjective god's magic and, thus, MORE important than the women who carry, feed and protect it within themselves. It is the classic putting the cart before the horse. What fools.

The irony of your slave comment is that it's the grandchildren of actual slavers, who saw no contradiction between slavery and christianity, who now bleat about the fetus being no more than a slave. You guys are so morally contradicted by science and religious history that your perspective would be full on laughable if you weren't a very serious threat to women, to their religious and bodily freedom and to our society.

First of all, I'll never be pregnant. Secondly, owning your own body is not the same as being a slave owner. The more accurate metaphor is not slave ownership, it's the right to defend your own life against an intruder. That's what an unwanted fetus is, an intruder that threatens the life, health and wellbeing of a woman.

I, for one, prefer to trust women to decide when they're ready or not to face the risks of pregnancy. Conversely, the dogmatic denizens of the Republican party prefer to take an elevationist view of the fetus and declare it the product of their subjective god's magic and, thus, MORE important than the women who carry, feed and protect it within themselves. It is the classic putting the cart before the horse. What fools.

The irony of your slave comment is that it's the grandchildren of actual slavers, who saw no contradiction between slavery and christianity, who now bleat about the fetus being no more than a slave. You guys are so morally contradicted by science and religious history that your perspective would be full on laughable if you weren't a very serious threat to women, to their religious and bodily freedom and to our society.
Goodness me, you're hurting girl.

We need love and harmony in our every day lives and to look for the positives, I see two while you only look for one. As for trust, I trust at face value, open and trusting until it's necessary, to change my thought processes, why be cynical?Yes it makes you an easy mark, but not everyone are bastards.

As for slaves, and slave owners, we the Celtic nations were the first slaves, TO GO TO AFRICA, and plantations in the new world, long before Africans became slaves to plantations. The Scottish clearances! Whole families, sold into slavery or bonded, if you weren't murdered, or picked out for special treatment, hung drawn and quartered. The forced starvation in Ireland by Westminster, and six million dead Irish people, who starved to death, the Irish, you have a right to detest the English, but we cannot blame those living today for the actions of there ancestors.
Life has a price, be it in the womb, or caring for it, either way, you cannot abdicate your responsibility or its existence, by denial!
I have six children, and I exist for them, and their mothers, it's a wonderful privilage, and one should never miss or deny oneself of such a blessing, unless physically denied. We are all different, but we're all the same.

That doesn't prove it was a crime for thousands of years world wide.
Honestly, it said it was a crime, if the husbanded deemed it to be, they didn't know what the husband would think! Just think of honour killing and you might get the general idea!
But that takes us back to what I said prior, to justify the feminists point of view, man bad, woman good! And we both know, that sweeping statement is the faithful backup insult.

Honestly, it said it was a crime, if the husbanded deemed it to be, they didn't know what the husband would think! Just think of honour killing and you might get the general idea!
But that takes us back to what I said prior, to justify the feminists point of view, man bad, woman good! And we both know, that sweeping statement is the faithful backup insult.

It would be nice if your posts were understandable.

Goodness me, you're hurting girl.

We need love and harmony in our every day lives and to look for the positives, I see two while you only look for one. As for trust, I trust at face value, open and trusting until it's necessary, to change my thought processes, why be cynical?Yes it makes you an easy mark, but not everyone are bastards.

As for slaves, and slave owners, we the Celtic nations were the first slaves, TO GO TO AFRICA, and plantations in the new world, long before Africans became slaves to plantations. The Scottish clearances! Whole families, sold into slavery or bonded, if you weren't murdered, or picked out for special treatment, hung drawn and quartered. The forced starvation in Ireland by Westminster, and six million dead Irish people, who starved to death, the Irish, you have a right to detest the English, but we cannot blame those living today for the actions of there ancestors.
Life has a price, be it in the womb, or caring for it, either way, you cannot abdicate your responsibility or its existence, by denial!
I have six children, and I exist for them, and their mothers, it's a wonderful privilage, and one should never miss or deny oneself of such a blessing, unless physically denied. We are all different, but we're all the same.

First of all, I'm a man, not a girl. Secondly, the Irish were not subjugated like the Africans were. Thirdly, The value of a woman's life is GREATER than any fetus within her, not the same value. Fourthly, you should be ashamed to pollute this planet with six children..

Have a great day.

Hard to imagine ANYONE who LIKES abortion.
The problem with the pro-Life movement is that they not only won't allow it EVEN under dire circumstances like rape, incest or jeopardizing the life of the mother. They're even opposed to morning after pills AND contraception. In fact, they intend to criminalize all premarital and extramarital sex as well, if they ever get their way.

Pro-lifers need to stop telling themselves that all pro-choicers cheer every time an abortion is done, or that they LIKE abortion.

I agree.

They are so focused on the life of the unborn baby that they don't look at the welfare of the mother.

you people preach that to your kids all the time and they are getting just as pregnant as your neighbors and when it happens they get abortions just like everyone else. You should be blaming God for making it so much fun and enjoyable then adding in the fact that it is instinctive in every single animal in this world including us. your peoples solution is to force these women to have these children that they know they can't take care of and you belong to the group that will ignore and point finger at the mothers and children as the number of criminals increase in this country. You will also blame that as someone else's fault. Abortion is not a good thing in any way but you have absolutely no viable solution. Its just words rattling around a rather empty brain. You want to see total Hypocrisy, just look at the number of conservative men who choose abortion for themselves.

Why should men refrain from populating small villages if they can? Their sex drive certainly isn't any hindrance.

Back
Top Bottom