• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

xF Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a cost for this?
Do annual renewal costs for the basic license cover the add ons?
There was no cost for this one. The paid add ons have an annual renewal cost if we want to receive updates and support.

="Redress, post: 1072668554, member: 5040"]
Today I learned that if I highlight a section of a post,
Me too thanks to you and your widgets.
I get a widget thingy that pops up offering me the option to quote(which sends it to multiquote), or reply, which quotes just the highlighted part in the post editor. For example, I can add just a part of Schweddy's above post to this by highlighting the text and selecting reply, like this:
I guess by widget you mean the 3 dots and upside down triangle icon? If not it works too. Thanks, the quote thing was driving up the wall.
That is actually handy!
I think I liked the former way better, but since this is the first time (and thanks to you) I have used it we'll see huh?

I still can’t see sigs. It’s a minor problem so no hurry.
Have you tried using a different browser or computer (phone, tablet. etc.)?

Is there a way to hide my national flag? It's no secret that I live in Canada but I don't necessarily want to broadcast that.

Thanks.

Is there a way to hide my national flag? It's no secret that I live in Canada but I don't necessarily want to broadcast that.

Thanks.
Yes, the option is under your user privacy settings. Click on your name at the top right and select privacy and view flag.

There was no cost for this one. The paid add ons have an annual renewal cost if we want to receive updates and support.
Can the feature be tweaked to add ones country flag at a later date.
I know you are as busy as a one armed paper hanger

How come some names in the "Members online" list are different colors?

Observed a strange phenomena just now. An active thread started by someone on my ignore list was invisible to me. I only knew of the thread because a reply showed up in one of the headers on the Home Page.

I clicked and commented. But, none of the tags followed. The thread never appeared in my "Threads with your posts" list. It never showed up in "New Posts" and the thread was still invisible on the sub-section page of the general topic. Once I took the OP off ignore, everything went back to normal.

Is that a glitch? Or is "super-ignore" a new feature with xF?

How come some names in the "Members online" list are different colors?
We are working on this...hopefully we can continue to use the addon that shows who has read this thread.
Peeps that are currently private should not show in users who are viewing this thread.

Grey is folks that have chosen to be private.

We are working on this...hopefully we can continue to use the addon that shows who has read this thread.
Peeps that are currently private should not show in users who are viewing this thread.

Grey is folks that have chosen to be private.
I just noticed that was gone, along with the current users' avatars. I can live without them, but I do like knowing who is actively on a thread if we can have that and maintain the privacy of those who want it.

Or is "super-ignore" a new feature with xF?
Ignore is now like a "super ignore" feature. Because they are ignored, only instances like you mention would you ever know they even exist.

Would it cost extra to add bigger font sizes for the signatures? Mine is a little readable now because I made it bold and definitely will not pay DP every month just to fix something that became a problem with the software switch.

Would it cost extra to add bigger font sizes for the signatures? Mine is a little readable now because I made it bold and definitely will not pay DP every month just to fix something that became a problem with the software switch.
I understood that we had fixed it to be a little larger... I'll take a look.

Yeah, the ones without transparent backgrounds would look awful.

I see you added it.
ThumbsUp.gif

Will you be returning it to the top as it was previously?

Additionally.
For future consideration.
Will you please consider adding more functionality (custom bbcode) to the WYSIWYG tools currently available?
Such as: Horizontal Rule, Superscript & Subscript?

Just in case.
Here are links to two xenForo forum references concerning the Horizontal Rule (with the first indicating by image that Super/Subscript could also be added to the functionality).

How about now?

Does this work for you?

This is now available from the ... dropdown in the editor.

How about now?

Does this work for you?

This is now available from the ... dropdown in the editor.

Just found out that the thread title can be edited as well as the post content.......hope that will cut down on some of the title typos, etc.

I’m slowly getting the hang of the new platform, I never knew all the ins and outs of the prior one. Thanks to those who made it all happen!

On the prior platform, you could click on “Reply to Post,” and see how the poster had gotten an emoji or bolded the text and other tricks to making things happen in text. That doesn’t happen here........🤷

I probably missed an announcement but what's this "LV 0" with what looks like an exp bar next to it that suddenly appeared? Either I'm losing my mind, or that's very new.

LV bar.png

I probably missed an announcement but what's this "LV 0" with what looks like an exp bar next to it that suddenly appeared? Either I'm losing my mind, or that's very new.

View attachment 67297071
Awards is a feature they said they were going to implement but haven't fully yet.

Awards is a feature they said they were going to implement but haven't fully yet.

Yeah, that I knew. Perhaps it's just a stand-in icon, since they looked rather different on the old software.

Edit: ok, yeah, they're working on it right now. There's a "feature award" option being added in.

Last edited:
Here's an example...

I'll be on my phone and notice that I have 20 notifications (or whatever they're called).

I'll ignore that for the moment and tap on some threads (each one taking me to where I left off reading) with NO comments on MY posts.

Then I'll notice I have 15 notifications.

I think what's happening is it jumps me right over the items (5 in this example) that I had notifications for and marks them as if I've read them.

Anyone else see this?

Here's an example...

I'll be on my phone and notice that I have 20 notifications (or whatever they're called).

I'll ignore that for the moment and tap on some threads (each one taking me to where I left off reading) with NO comments on MY posts.

Then I'll notice I have 15 notifications.

I think what's happening is it jumps me right over the items (5 in this example) that I had notifications for and marks them as if I've read them.

Anyone else see this?
I've noticed the same thing. If I have multiple alerts and click on 1 they all no longer highlight.
I'll dig further if this is intended or a bug.

Alerts are designed to no longer highlight after 3 hours and stay in the popup up to 4 days.

I've noticed the "Reply" button doesn't always add the quote. I've caught it several times simply not working.

I've noticed the "Reply" button doesn't always add the quote. I've caught it several times simply not working.
I've been unable to reproduce this. It works every time in a PC browser as well as a mobile browser. What device are you seeing this on and what browser are you using?

I've been unable to reproduce this. It works every time in a PC browser as well as a mobile browser. What device are you seeing this on and what browser are you using?

A PC with the latest Firefox.

@RedAkston If the complaint is just from me, it could be my system is buggy. I just turned off my extensions for this site to see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom