• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

xF Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RedAkston If the complaint is just from me, it could be my system is buggy. I just turned off my extensions for this site to see if that helps.
Let me know. I have the three main browsers (Microsoft garbage, Chrome and Firefox) installed on my PC. I can do some testing tonight if you're still having this same issue.

If Javascript is blocked for domain, it might not work.

How do I check for Javascript blocked for domain in my browser- Firefox 81.0?

I've got it enabled but that's all the options I can find.

Let me know. I have the three main browsers (Microsoft garbage, Chrome and Firefox) installed on my PC. I can do some testing tonight if you're still having this same issue.

Thanks, I will let you know. So far, so good. :)

How do I check for Javascript blocked for domain in my browser- Firefox 81.0?

I've got it enabled but that's all the options I can find.
If you have an addon like "no script" it could be blocking javascript. Some adblockers may also keep javascript from running.

Should be able to turn them off per site if they are installed.

If you have an addon like "no script" it could be blocking javascript. Some adblockers may also keep javascript from running.

Should be able to turn them off per site if they are installed.

@RedAkston Ok guys, I enabled Javascript and turned off the extensions ( no autoplay) and all kinds of new functions popped up. I believe it's fixed. Thanx!

another board i posted on worked very similar to this one. here's what i found there...

the page buttons and the reply button was at the bottom of the page (like here) so i would quickly pop down to the bottom and do my thing.

months later i noticed that it said i had read 100,000 posts. it was counting all the posts i skipped over (buy clicking the convenient button to take me to the bottom).

having the reply button and page buttons at the top could help the stats if you guys use them.

is there a way to quickly find all threads started by a specific poster (not myself)?

another board i posted on worked very similar to this one. here's what i found there...

the page buttons and the reply button was at the bottom of the page (like here) so i would quickly pop down to the bottom and do my thing.

months later i noticed that it said i had read 100,000 posts. it was counting all the posts i skipped over (buy clicking the convenient button to take me to the bottom).

having the reply button and page buttons at the top could help the stats if you guys use them.
This is on our list.

Certainly runs better but the "emojis" are awful Facebook/Android ones. So bad IMO if they can't be improved they should be scrapped altogether, hardly worth having these ones at all. Probably not possible though
I agree. It reminds me of a G rated 2001 time capsule. Where the heck were those resurrected from?

You can use any emojis you want. Easy on a phone, on a computer just get an emoji extension for your browser if it's that big a deal.

🇨🇦💯🙄

You can use any emojis you want. Easy on a phone, on a computer just get an emoji extension for your browser if it's that big a deal.

🇨🇦💯🙄

Never mind, looks like it changed them to the forum standard. Didn't see that last time I did that.

I've been unable to reproduce this. It works every time in a PC browser as well as a mobile browser. What device are you seeing this on and what browser are you using?

I've seen it as well a couple times. It is usually when I am on the last page of the thread I think. If I go back a page and then forward to the last page, it resolves the issue. I can't recall for certain, but it may be after I am the one to post the last post in the thread.

How about now?

Does this work for you?

This is now available from the ... dropdown in the editor.
That works.
ThumbsUp.gif

Thank you.

I realize you are busy, so I'll wait a awhile before I mention the other two again. (not smilies)

Another missing feature: I used to be able to click my name and get options to see content, like my posts, or my thread. Now, there's just one option, my content, which shows every post. I can't just see my started threads or whatever other options it had.

Another missing feature: I used to be able to click my name and get options to see content, like my posts, or my thread. Now, there's just one option, my content, which shows every post. I can't just see my started threads or whatever other options it had.
Almost every "feature" we had in vB exists in xF they're just in a different location:

1601818435109.png

From here, you can see threads you've started, threads you've participated in and threads you're watching (this was referred to as "subscribed" to in vB).

From here, you can see threads you've started, threads you've participated in and threads you're watching (this was referred to as "subscribed" to in vB).

Good to have that feature kept.

Current thread count on front page: 11

Very slow compiling "threads with your posts." I've noticed it for a few days.

I wonder if there is a way to limit the compilation to only a few pages, maybe by placing a limit on dates the program searches through. A guy like me is getting nearly 850 pages worth of threads. Most of those are probably years old. For the most part, I only use the first two or three pages.

Very slow compiling "threads with your posts." I've noticed it for a few days.

I wonder if there is a way to limit the compilation to only a few pages, maybe by placing a limit on dates the program searches through. A guy like me is getting nearly 850 pages worth of threads. Most of those are probably years old. For the most part, I only use the first two or three pages.
This will continue to be slow as it checks every thread you've ever participated in.

Almost every "feature" we had in vB exists in xF they're just in a different location:
Red, is there a way to search a particular thread or have a photo album?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom