• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

xF Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there still a "recently started threads"? I see recent posts on the sidebar, but not new threads.

If there still a "recently started threads"? I see recent posts on the sidebar, but not new threads.
Scroll down - Latest Threads is listed below Latest Posts

Question: When I see a notification under the "bell" that someone has quoted or replied to one of my previous posts, what do I click to quickly go to that specific reply by another member?
Thanks!
If you click on the notification itself it will take you straight to it.

Can we have some way to see more than just 5 latest threads (even if not on the main page)?
The Latest Posts and Latest Threads sidebar widgets show 10 in each.

Is there a way to allow larger pages?
Used to get up to 100 posts per page.
I vote for a larger page size to display more than 25 posts.
This may not be possible (I had 100 posts per page in vB myself). It has to do with how the posts are catalogued. This is on our to do list.

do we have a larger limit of Private Messages here?
As far as I can tell, there is currently no limit. I don't see a need to add limits at this time.

Additionally.
For future consideration.
Will you please consider adding more functionality (custom bbcode) to the WYSIWYG tools currently available?
Such as: Horizontal Rule, Superscript & Subscript?

Just in case.
Here are links to two xenForo forum references concerning the Horizontal Rule (with the first indicating by image that Super/Subscript could also be added to the functionality).

Added to my to do list.

Will there be a "Participated" tab at the top of the home page like before?
From the Forums dropdown, there is a 'Watched Threads' option. The default setting is to "watch" a thread once you have created one or have participated in one.

If you click on the notification itself it will take you straight to it.

Doh!

Thanks! Not sure why I couldn't figure that out before? When it comes to the innerwebs I'm basically like a caveman in a rocket ship. Ask me to back a fishing boat down a boat ramp in the snow with a standard transmission--- and I can do that with a beer between my knees and my arm around a redhead.

I shut-off most of what was in there, except the quote function and one or two other very infrequent occurrences.

Consequently, my notification field is now essentially a 'quote notification' function. it works for now, until I can figure something else out.

Unfortunately once I reveal my quote notifications, they all get marked as 'delivered' of sorts.
If I could change that, it would work reasonably well. I suspect there may be a switch for this, but I don't know.
Thanks! Made some tweaks...will see what happens.

Cheers!

Thanks! Made some tweaks...will see what happens.

Cheers!
Then I'll personally give you a 'like', because you probably shut them off like I did! :p

And, you're very welcome! 🍻

This may not be possible (I had 100 posts per page in vB myself). It has to do with how the posts are catalogued. This is on our to do list.

Well, while I wouldn't want 100 posts per page myself, I actually liked the standard in the vbulletin version. I'm doing a whole lot of scrolling right now.

Just to be clear, I think the improvements overwhelmingly outweigh any nuisances that are the inevitable result of new software.

Well, while I wouldn't want 100 posts per page myself, I actually liked the standard in the vbulletin version. I'm doing a whole lot of scrolling right now.

Just to be clear, so far the improvements overwhelmingly outweigh any minor nuisances inevitably brought on by new software.

WHile scrolling, theere will be two little blue arrows on the bottom right. If you click on those, they will take you to the top or bottom of the page depending on which you click. That may help your scrolling issue.

Biden2020.jpg

How can I make this small enough to be my signature?

WHile scrolling, theere will be two little blue arrows on the bottom right. If you click on those, they will take you to the top or bottom of the page depending on which you click. That may help your scrolling issue.

I see them now. Useful to be sure, but that's really not what I'm getting at. I don't know why, but I just liked parceling out my pages in tens. It just worked for my browsing style.

And one benefit of the old software is that if I needed to do a search I could switch it up to 100/page to save "next page" clicks (which admittedly may be less of an issue now since the download time is a zillionth of what it used to be).

If you need help with doing something in xF, please post a description here. Please read through the thread before posting as your issue may have already been brought up and/or addressed.

Hi. Can you or anyone else help me go to different pages of a thread? That feature has obviously changed from the old DP format, and I do not know how to get to pages 2 or beyond if the number of replies creates new pages. Thanks in advance :)

Hi. Can you or anyone else help me go to different pages of a thread? That feature has obviously changed from the old DP format, and I do not know how to get to pages 2 or beyond if the number of replies creates new pages. Thanks in advance :)
On the left side, at the very or very bottom of the list (threads of posts) shows numbers and a next button. Those allow you to progress through the list.

On the left side, at the very or very bottom of the list (threads of posts) shows numbers and a next button. Those allow you to progress through the list.

Okay, I'll try it. Thanks! :)

If you need help with doing something in xF, please post a description here. Please read through the thread before posting as your issue may have already been brought up and/or addressed.

Keep in mind there is a tutorial video here which may answer some of your questions - https://debatepolitics.com/threads/xenforo-instructional-video.419264/

I can't open up a "New" post box today, though I could yesterday. My arrow turns into a capital "I", not a hand. I can only use "Reply" directly to a given post.

New format looks great. Rules are explained more simply so as to be easier to follow (I hope experience bears me out). Thx.

Best,
Blue

In case anyone else has found it awkward to distinguish the posts from one another or finding detail in the posts with the default DP 3.0 style ... try the gray or blue options.
Really makes things stand out nicely.

btw, what's a quick way to find a list of the threads that i started?

BTW, what's a quick way to find a list of the threads that i started?

Under "What's new" is a "watched threads" link. If you automatically watch your own threads, they will be listed there.

Under "What's new" is a "watched threads" link. If you automatically watch your own threads, they will be listed there.
Another way to quick find..

Click on the down arrow by Forum at the top menu bar and select "Your threads"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom