• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

xF Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be a bit of a learning curve.....for me, anyway.

Do members here have their photo albums show as Media? I'm not seeing any Media or albums anymore. The forum looks great, I'm not crazy about the looks of XF on other boards, but this one is nice. Thanks to all who did the work and are still doing the tweaking, much appreciated. 👍 Good to have the up and down arrows for fast scrolling too. Missing the movement on Red's avatar, liked that part the best! :)

By far the best feature when scrolling:

navi_arrows.png

How do I change what the forum looks like?

Yep. Agreed. Easily addressed via the 'preferences' link at the bottom of the 'notifications' pull down. First thing I did!

I don't see a notifications pulldown on the page.

I don't see a notifications pulldown on the page.
It's that little 'bell' shaped icon in the upper-right corner of the homepage, immediately to the right of the 'search' field.

It's that little 'bell' shaped icon in the upper-right corner of the homepage, immediately to the right of the 'search' field.
Your other right...

I did find the option to change the setting by clicking my username in the upper right, and then preferences.

I don't see a way to set thread view to 50 posts on each page. Why not?

I don't see a way to set thread view to 50 posts on each page. Why not?
Technical short answer: Our old links that Google is aware of are not compatible directly with the new URL system so we have to redirect and retranslate them. The old forum had links for every 20 post by default with an ability per user to change. Xenforo is not compatible if we show more than 20 with our index in Google. Right now we can only hard code it. There might be a solution to allow users to select how many they want to see but we will need to upload and test.

Short version: We are working on it.

Is there a way to find out who quoted me?

I don't see the Basement?

Kudos to Red and his team. The new site looks good, all the important functions are there and appear to be easily identified.

ab6435e58230af747beaee7778244f71.gif

Two things.
1. Will you be importing the previous emojis? Or at least the ones that were added (not VB specific)?
You know I had to ask. 😇

2. On the right side of the home page.
It shows "latest posts". Will you be including a "Latest threads" like we had previously?

Two things.
1. Will you be importing the previous emojis? Or at least the ones that were added (not VB specific)?
You know I had to ask. 😇

2. On the right side of the home page.
It shows "latest posts". Will you be including a "Latest threads" like we had previously?
1 - We're not going to import the old emoji's. We discussed this last night and they just look awful with this new format.

2 - This will be added soon.

Thanks.
I don't know how I missed seeing that toggle.

We all have bugs like that

Me, being a typical male, have not watched the video, and I really like the setup

Just noted greyed out names- I take it that is color assigned when you toggle to hide that you are online

Thing is in "who read this thread, others who are using the old invisible mode, show up as having been there and are also greyed out.

Does that not defeat the purpose of privacy options?

I am not carping. I appreciate all the work that went into this

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom