• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

xF Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - We're not going to import the old emoji's. We discussed this last night and they just look awful with this new format.

2 - This will be added soon.

I have not tried right clicking to use local emojis yet, let's see if it works: 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Hey cool! It DOES work!

I just made my first post and it doesn't look at all like what I posted, or at least expected. It's all jumbled up. No help needed, this new stuff will take a heck of a lot to get use to. I don't know if I feel lost or just frustrated that what I posted doesn't look like what I posted or expected. I'll give it time, us old folks don't really like to be taken out of our comfort zone.

I'm unclear about posts version profile posts. What are profile posts?

Whenever I arrive at the last post in a thread, a “reply” box appears; is this normal or am I fat-fingering something?
Hoping it is normal, if not quarantine the finger and yourself

Will there be a "Participated" tab at the top of the home page like before?

I wanted to post a video but can't find an icon to do so. Can you help me locate it? Thank you

I wanted to post a video but can't find an icon to do so. Can you help me locate it? Thank you

Next to the smiley button there is an icon of three dots(...) with a downarrow. Click on that and select media. Also works for gifs, images, tweets and some sound files. Edit: also facebook videos.

Next to the smiley button there is an icon of three dots(...) with a downarrow. Click on that and select media. Also works for gifs, images, tweets and some sound files. Edit: also facebook videos.

Thank you Redress

My avatar has been magnified and my smile is now covered up with a green button that says I am online.

My avatar has been magnified and my smile is now covered up with a green button that says I am online.
Click on your name at the very top right - by the mini-avatar.
Then click on your avatar (edit). Might be hard to see depending on if your avatar is light in color.

Move your avatar around so we can see those pearly whites. :)

I'm unclear about posts version profile posts. What are profile posts?
I guess one could think of them like a Facebook type wall?

They are public and can be reported & liked under a persons profile. Conversations are private.

I just made my first post and it doesn't look at all like what I posted, or at least expected. It's all jumbled up. No help needed, this new stuff will take a heck of a lot to get use to. I don't know if I feel lost or just frustrated that what I posted doesn't look like what I posted or expected. I'll give it time, us old folks don't really like to be taken out of our comfort zone.
They say the only constant is change

1 - We're not going to import the old emoji's. We discussed this last night and they just look awful with this new format.
Yeah, the ones without transparent backgrounds would look awful.

2 - This will be added soon.
I see you added it.
ThumbsUp.gif

Will you be returning it to the top as it was previously?

Additionally.
For future consideration.
Will you please consider adding more functionality (custom bbcode) to the WYSIWYG tools currently available?
Such as: Horizontal Rule, Superscript & Subscript?

Just in case.
Here are links to two xenForo forum references concerning the Horizontal Rule (with the first indicating by image that Super/Subscript could also be added to the functionality).

In the previous version I could read 100 replies in one page, but I cant find the option for it right now, can anyone point me to the right menu?

Where can we set the number of posts we see displayed on each thread page?

I was just posting cartoons in - Off Topic Discussion > On The Lighter Side > The Political Photo/Cartoon Thread XI

I now count:
a) 20 cartoon-posts on Page 222
b) 24 cartoon-posts on page 223
c) 16 cartoon-posts on page 224
d) 23 cartoon-posts on page 225

I posted 39 cartoon-posts this morning. When I was posting them, the page number remained on 225 for all 39 cartoon-posts.

I left the thread, returned, and then found the a/b/c/d posts-per-page breakdown

??

Where can we set the number of posts we see displayed on each thread page?

In the previous version I could read 100 replies in one page, but I cant find the option for it right now, can anyone point me to the right menu?

This has not been implemented yet.

I would like to see a "last" option for the number of pages, like in the vbulletin software. Makes navigation easier.

Also, I would like to have a daytime color scheme for the layout, as right now it seems like I get to choose between two night browsing schemes.

Edit: Oh, the last page number is always listed, effectively providing a "last page" feature. Derp.

I would like to see a "last" option for the number of pages, like in the vbulletin software. Makes navigation easier.

Also, I would like to have a daytime color scheme for the layout, as right now it seems like I get to choose between two night browsing schemes.
There are other styles in the works. Agree with "last" option... we will see what we can do.

Page 1 of Genera politics has only 4 threads displayed, with four sub-forums and that terrible stickied thread about 'political compass' Libertarian propaganda.

While there have been no helpful replies to this, oddly the behavior is changing on its own. Soon after, there were 5 threads. This morning, there were 11; now, there are 13.

Has the profanity filter/censor changed?

Is there a way to allow larger pages?
Used to get up to 100 posts per page.
I vote for a larger page size to display more than 25 posts.

Is there a way to allow larger pages?
Used to get up to 100 posts per page.
I vote for a larger page size to display more than 25 posts.

AS I understand it, this is a software issue and goes way over my head as far as the reason. It is being looked at by Red/Schweddy in their copious spare time.

How do I delete a message if I change my mind? I have entered text in two threads and when I leave and return the message is still there at the end of the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom