• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

WSJ debunks O-3 Bobulinski

Say it all is true (and there is definitely a lot suspicious holes in this whole last-minute ala-Comey-repeat story) - who cares about what Biden did in 2017 as a private citizen? I mean he had no control over anything in government at that point.

Heck, even in the alternative universe, if this were true when he was VP, Trump is still 100 times more corrupt - in plain view, moving taxpayer dollars to Trump Org, completely mishandling covid, killing our environment, killing our healthcare (actively making ACA worse without an alternative), assaulting consumer protection agencies, etc, etc.

There is no comparison between the two even in that alternative universe!
What your argument appears to be is that even if Joe Biden is guilty of using his VP position to enrich his family as well as himself it pales in comparison to the abuse of office that Trump is guilty of. Comparing a murder by gun to a murder by knife still makes it a crime of murder.

What your argument appears to be is that even if Joe Biden is guilty of using his VP position to enrich his family as well as himself it pales in comparison to the abuse of office that Trump is guilty of. Comparing a murder by gun to a murder by knife still makes it a crime of murder.

We are comparing a made up parking ticket or maybe even a real one to a murder. But all the right wingers want to talk about it is the parking ticket.

Biden was NOT in any govt position - Trump was President at the time. Also Trump is clearly much more corrupt even if Joe tried to do something - though we have no proof he did anything - what did he offer exactly? Nothing that anyone knows of...

We are comparing a made up parking ticket or maybe even a real one to a murder. But all the right wingers want to talk about it is the parking ticket.

Biden was NOT in any govt position - Trump was President at the time. Also Trump is clearly much more corrupt even if Joe tried to do something - though we have no proof he did anything - what did he offer exactly? Nothing that anyone knows of...
It’s even worse than that. There is no hint that Joe Biden, even if this was true, did anything illegal. The fact that there is no evidence he was involved is another nail in the coffin.

Your opinion is not supported by the facts. Aren’t you in the least bit troubled by that?

The subject of corruption by those we elect to serve us should be of concern to anyone regardless of which political party they belong to. The allegations against Trump deserved investigation. They were investigated and no evidence was found supporting the allegations. Biden is accused of abusing his position to financially benefit his family and you don’t seem to care. That’s sad.

So...Dems complain that Trump lies...but they'll eagerly disregard the lies from Biden. Okay.

Trump doesn't have "access" to anything when it's hidden by the FBI/DOJ. Hell, until this laptop story broke, there was no evidence of anything...except the little that the Senate was able to uncover. Now we have emails and texts from the partner who's still in jail and emails and texts from another partner.

That's a LOT of evidence.
We have "emails" delivered by a man who the FBI has warned that anything he has on Ukraine likely came from the Russians. You don't listen to the FBI?

The allegations against Trump deserved investigation. They were investigated and no evidence was found supporting the allegations.

That's BS. Trump was impeached and would not even be a President if Republican Senators had a spine. Mueller also proved he colluded with Russia (despite inability to prove criminal conspiracy due to critical link, Roger Stone, lying and going to prison for lying) and Mueller also proved obstruction in FULL on at least 4 of the 10 counts that he examined. Other 6 had some elements of obstruction but not all.

Anyway, there are other examples of Trump corruption all over the place in plain view that don't need a proof because noone is hiding them. E.g. when Trump wanted to use his properties for Government business or when he had Air Force fly and stay at his resorts out of the way in Europe or when he asked England to move their golf tournament to his resort, or when he interfered with FBI HQ project to protect his property next to it. Etc, Etc, Etc

Your opinion is not supported by the facts. Aren’t you in the least bit troubled by that?

The subject of corruption by those we elect to serve us should be of concern to anyone regardless of which political party they belong to. The allegations against Trump deserved investigation. They were investigated and no evidence was found supporting the allegations. Biden is accused of abusing his position to financially benefit his family and you don’t seem to care. That’s sad.

Well if comparing, I guess someone needs to go to the FISA court and make a case. In this instance, who exactly is accusing Joe Biden?

That's BS. Trump was impeached and would not even be a President if Republican Senators had a spine. Mueller also proved he colluded with Russia (despite inability to prove criminal conspiracy due to critical link, Roger Stone, lying and going to prison for lying) and Mueller also proved obstruction in FULL on at least 4 of the 10 counts that he examined. Other 6 had some elements of obstruction but not all.
Odd. I don’t recall any articles of impeachment related to Trump colluding with Russia. If he did it would have been a treasonous offense.

Still fixated on the offenses of Trump and not a bit of concern about whether Biden might have used his office corruptly. I feel sorry for you.

Well if comparing, I guess someone needs to go to the FISA court and make a case. In this instance, who exactly is accusing Joe Biden?
His son, Hunter.

We have "emails" delivered by a man who the FBI has warned that anything he has on Ukraine likely came from the Russians. You don't listen to the FBI?
Give me the quote from the FBI. I don't think you have one.

Give me the quote from the FBI. I don't think you have one.

Intelligence officials were concerned that Giuliani might be used to feed Russian disinformation to Trump, the former officials said. In one meeting, Trump’s national security adviser, Robert O’Brien, cautioned the president that any information Giulani obtained in Ukraine should not be trusted, one former official told the Post. But Trump shrugged off any concerns about Giuilani’s activities, the official said.

The same former official said that several senior officials in the Trump administration — including Attorney General William Barr, FBI Director Christopher Wray and White House Counsel Pat Cipollone — “all had a common understanding” that Russians were targeting Giuliani.

The intelligence agencies’ warning about Trump’s lawyer had not been previously reported but seems particularly relevant this week after the New York Post published a series of articles about the Bidens based on unverified emails found on a laptop hard drive that Giuliani provided to the newspaper. The information was similar to what Giuliani had been seeking in Ukraine.

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-borough...-was-targeted-for-russian-influence-operation

I love the way they keep pushing a story with no evidence and no paper trail about Biden's family 'corruption' while Trump's children are serving in the White House, right now, in positions they are unqualified for and wearing their failures on their sleeves. Right now, in front of our eyes.

nepo2.jpg

So...some "former official" makes some claims. Sorry...that is NOT "the FBI". That's just someone saying something. Kind of like YOU saying something.
Hardly. There have been no denials from the FBI. The info is golden. We already knew Rudy was a Russian stooge. You don't think they gave him $500,000 for nothing do you?

Exclusive: Trump lawyer Giuliani was paid $500,000 to consult on indicted associate's firm
By Karen Freifeld, Aram Roston
4 MIN READ

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump’s personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, was paid $500,000 for work he did for a company co-founded by the Ukrainian-American businessman arrested last week on campaign finance charges, Giuliani told Reuters on Monday.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ult-on-indicted-associates-firm-idUSKBN1WU07Z

Hardly. There have been no denials from the FBI.

That means nothing. A lack of comment does not mean agreement. Let me know when the FBI actually comments. Until then, you are blathering bullshit...like this following bullshit.

Seriously...your own quote says Rudy worked for a "Ukrainian-American businessman"...and somehow, this means "Russia"???

The info is golden. We already knew Rudy was a Russian stooge. You don't think they gave him $500,000 for nothing do you?

Exclusive: Trump lawyer Giuliani was paid $500,000 to consult on indicted associate's firm
By Karen Freifeld, Aram Roston
4 MIN READ

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump’s personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, was paid $500,000 for work he did for a company co-founded by the Ukrainian-American businessman arrested last week on campaign finance charges, Giuliani told Reuters on Monday.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ult-on-indicted-associates-firm-idUSKBN1WU07Z

You really should stop. This is three times I've slapped down your nonsense. Don't you get tired of that happening?

So cite it.

Schiff admitted in his own speech he was paraphrasing. Why don't you know this? Why do you believe you have any authority to demand anything when you know no facts and demand proof for things you should already know that were reported.

You have a lot of catching up to do, I suggest you get to it.

That means nothing. A lack of comment does not mean agreement. Let me know when the FBI actually comments. Until then, you are blathering bullshit...like this following bullshit.

Seriously...your own quote says Rudy worked for a "Ukrainian-American businessman"...and somehow, this means "Russia"???

You really should stop. This is three times I've slapped down your nonsense. Don't you get tired of that happening?

Is that so?

No. Crazy Uncle Rudy is not a Russian stooge. He’s Trump’s stooge. And Trump wants to be a Russian stooge in order to get himself ahead.

But the Russians aren’t especially interested this time.

As for your new pet obsession, Guliani‘s latest Burisma play got laughed off the stage. And Rupert Murdoch administered the coup de grace.

Sorry, but Trump’s “October Surprised“ was insultingly amateurish, clearly false, and only succeeded in highlighting the Trump Administration’s political debt to Moscow.

But it got all the angry old white resentment crowd revved up one more time. But Trumpsters don‘t ever seem to mind being played for saps.

They keep coming back for more. I’m sure that ex Trumpsters will still be trying to beat this drum for the next four years.

1. Joe lied.
2. There is evidence that this stuff went on WHILE Biden was VP.

No, there isn't. You are lying again, but hey we don't expect Trump supporters to be truthful anymore.

Say it all is true (and there is definitely a lot suspicious holes in this whole last-minute ala-Comey-repeat story) - who cares about what Biden did in 2017 as a private citizen? I mean he had no control over anything in government at that point.

Heck, even in the alternative universe, if this were true when he was VP, Trump is still 100 times more corrupt - in plain view, moving taxpayer dollars to Trump Org, completely mishandling covid, killing our environment, killing our healthcare (actively making ACA worse without an alternative), assaulting consumer protection agencies, etc, etc.

There is no comparison between the two even in that alternative universe!
As I said in another thread, if it's all true, then here are my problems with both the 2015 and 2017 emails:
  1. Joe Biden outright lied on stage last week speaking to millions of us when he said "I have not taken a penny from any foreign source ever in my life." as there's a big difference between that statement and saying "I have not taken a penny from any foreign source ever in my life ... even though my son and I tried but the deal fell through."

2. Joe Biden, after inserting himself into the decision on who should lead a legal corruption case in a foreign country where the target of that investigation was paying his son $50k/month, then met, at his son's request, with a senior executive working at a company owned by that same target.

3. Hunter Biden paying Joe's bills with money 'earned' from influence peddling.

Schiff admitted in his own speech he was paraphrasing. Why don't you know this? Why do you believe you have any authority to demand anything when you know no facts and demand proof for things you should already know that were reported.

You have a lot of catching up to do, I suggest you get to it.
Lots of editorials, including wingnut ones from wsj and Washington times ( ! LOL). And John ****ing Kass!

citation still needed.

FWIW, I'm not a Trump fan, I'm not even a Trump supporter. And unless there's more to this between now and Nov 3rd I plan on voting for Biden. That said, there's enough to this email story to keep asking questions, IMO.

The FBI isn't here to satisfy curiosity and investigate non-stories.

Back
Top Bottom