• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

WSJ debunks O-3 Bobulinski

Will do.

Do you find it odd that they've had the emails for 10 months and not closed the matter?

No. I find it odd that they had the laptop and emails for 10 months and didn't close the matter. Especially given the fact that their leader has been trying to fight Biden for the last 6 months.

Um, that would require an investigation of the kind several of us here are calling for and that you appear to believe is unnecessary.

Any investigation into what? What would be the legal basis for this investigation?

Nope, the case against trump was not started d/t the Steel dozier

This is something that amazes me.

The right wing narrative is that the Steele “dossier” was the document that was used to suggest that Trump was colluding with the Russians.

This was NEVER true. NEVER.

And yet, Trumpsters are still repeating it, almost four years later.

I guess it’s because without that piece, their whole meme falls apart completely!

Hmmm..... already falling apart...

The venture with CEFC, known as SinoHawk Holdings, was half held by Mr. Bobulinski, who served as chief executive, and four other partners—Hunter and James Biden; Rob Walker, a former Clinton administration official; and James Gilliar, a British national—according to the corporate documents reviewed by the Journal.

Text messages and emails related to the venture that were provided to the Journal by Mr. Bobulinski, mainly from the spring and summer of 2017, don’t show either Hunter Biden or James Biden discussing a role for Joe Biden in the venture.

Mr. Gilliar told the Journal: “I would like to clear up any speculation that former Vice President Biden was involved with the 2017 discussions about our potential business structure. I am unaware of any involvement at anytime of the former Vice President. The activity in question never delivered any project revenue.”

ROTFLOL...

Lied about not discussing business with Hunter.

One deal didn’t rake in the expected cash... but Quid pro quo in Ukraine, meetings with Burisma as VP, Chinese cash, Jim Biden and the Iraq Billion dollar housing Deal... there’s just a mountain of corruption.

When there's one roach spotted... you know there’s many more.

But I agree... Biden’s campaign is falling apart... Back to the basement and hiding!!!

Thanks Hunter!!!

You said that exactly. I’m not going to find the post where you said it. Others have already done it for me.

It's not that the NY Times backed Kerry (or anybody else); it was that it demonstrated multiple times a lack of journalistic scruples in trumpeting Bush criticism but burying retractions when mistaken. It wasn't about who the fishwrap of record backed; it was about journo ethics.

It's not that the NY Times backed Kerry (or anybody else); it was that it demonstrated multiple times a lack of journalistic scruples in trumpeting Bush criticism but burying retractions when mistaken. It wasn't about who the fishwrap of record backed; it was about journo ethics.

I don’t recall the Times having to retract anything significant during that period. You’re trying to move the goalposts anyway, as many others have already pointed out.

I can think of a series of stories that the Times should have retracted. They were the series of articles that Judith Miller wrote on Iran and Iraqi WMDs. The provenance for those stories turned out to be Ahmed Chalaibi, Paul Wolfowitz and Richard Pearle. All of it was false.

That was the biggest factual error that I can think of the Times having made in a generation. Funny, but when right wingers are always posting their usual list of stories the Times didn’t get right, that one never makes the list.

My criticism of the Times at the time was that it soft peddled much of the stories that should have been done about companies like KBR and the other beltway bandits that cashed in on Mr Bush’s war. And they didn’t go there with the extensive pressure the White House put on Congress to ignore what was going on and rubber stamp the war,

It is ironic to be discussing the nation’s newspaper of record in this way in a thread in which the WSJ, one of the few Murdoch entities that has any journalistic integrity at all, finally put pay to the ridiculous right wing fake news coming from the rest of Murdoch media and the White House.

I don’t recall the Times having to retract anything significant during that period. You’re trying to move the goalposts anyway, as many others have already pointed out.

Well, I do recall. And have said consistently ever since that this is why I dropped my scrip. I said it in 2004 and repeat it 2020. Brazen lack of journalistic ethics.

No. I find it odd that they had the laptop and emails for 10 months and didn't close the matter. Especially given the fact that their leader has been trying to fight Biden for the last 6 months.
Let's run with that. If this only well-timed, political gamesmanship, wouldn't it have made more sense to spring this on the country before millions of people in swing states began to cast their ballots?

Let's run with that. If this only well-timed, political gamesmanship, wouldn't it have made more sense to spring this on the country before millions of people in swing states began to cast their ballots?
It was

Any investigation into what? What would be the legal basis for this investigation?
You gave a primary reason yourself: to get people to state accusations under oath. Let's see what Bobulinski has to say with the sword of a federal perjury charge dangling over his head.

You gave a primary reason yourself: to get people to state accusations under oath. Let's see what Bobulinski has to say with the sword of a federal perjury charge dangling over his head.

I guess the FBI could interview him.. he should consult with Michael Flynn for tips... :ROFLMAO:

So Trump is an inept President who can't get his intelligence agencies to behave.

I guess the FBI could interview him.. he should consult with Michael Flynn for tips... :ROFLMAO:
I think the FBI interviewing him is a great idea. Why others think this is a non-story that all concerned should ignore is anyone's guess.

I think the FBI interviewing him is a great idea. Why others think this is a non-story that all concerned should ignore is anyone's guess.
I ignore it until law enforcement confirms it

I don't think the emails have been in the public domain until recently; The Post broke that story only last week, yes?
It's a gradual drip drip game. Just like they did to hillary right before the election last time.

Then it goes away after the election

I ignore it until law enforcement confirms it
So to be clear, if word of Trump's allegedly pressuring the Ukrainian President to investigate the Bidens had come from a Trump family email published by, say, the NY Times, you would have ignored it until law enforcement was involved, yes?

So to be clear, if word of Trump's allegedly pressuring the Ukrainian President to investigate the Bidens had come from a Trump family email published by, say, the NY Times, you would have ignored it until law enforcement was involved, yes?
Yes absolutely. It's just gossip until then

It's a gradual drip drip game. Just like they did to hillary right before the election last time.

Then it goes away after the election
IMO, if Biden wins, this will not "go away." Those emails could be a near bottoms well of fun and games for his political opponents. And if the GOP gets the House in 2022, buckle up.

I don't think the emails have been in the public domain until recently; The Post broke that story only last week, yes?
We don’t have email headers or any of the data that would verification easier. Why?

IMO, if Biden wins, this will not "go away." Those emails could be a near bottoms well of fun and games for his political opponents. And if the GOP gets the House in 2022, buckle up.
And hillary is going to jail too....right?

Dude....you fell for it again

Yes absolutely. It's just gossip until then
It's more than gossip. The emails, if genuine, are physical evidence. There are also two people now on the public record (though not yet under oath) saying that Bidens are lying and that Joe is a player in Hunter's activities.

Back
Top Bottom