• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

WSJ debunks O-3 Bobulinski

BlueTex

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Hmmm..... already falling apart...

The venture with CEFC, known as SinoHawk Holdings, was half held by Mr. Bobulinski, who served as chief executive, and four other partners—Hunter and James Biden; Rob Walker, a former Clinton administration official; and James Gilliar, a British national—according to the corporate documents reviewed by the Journal.

Text messages and emails related to the venture that were provided to the Journal by Mr. Bobulinski, mainly from the spring and summer of 2017, don’t show either Hunter Biden or James Biden discussing a role for Joe Biden in the venture.

Mr. Gilliar told the Journal: “I would like to clear up any speculation that former Vice President Biden was involved with the 2017 discussions about our potential business structure. I am unaware of any involvement at anytime of the former Vice President. The activity in question never delivered any project revenue.”

Bobulinski: ‘I Have Heard Joe Biden Say He’s Never Discussed Business With Hunter. That is False’

I will quote The New York Post since that publication blew open the corruption case:

“I have heard Joe Biden say he has never discussed his dealings with Hunter. That is false. I have firsthand knowledge about this because I directly dealt with the Biden family, including Joe Biden,” Bobulinski said following The Post’s bombshell reporting on Hunter Biden’s private emails.
Bobulinski, who will be a guest of Trump’s at the debate, showed three phones spanning 2015 to 2018 as evidence and said he would be meeting with the Senate and the FBI to hand over electronics.

The US Navy veteran said he was introduced to the former veep in May 2, 2017 by Hunter Biden and the lawmaker’s brother Jim Biden before the Milken Conference.
“That night, we discussed the Biden’s history, the Biden family’s plans with the Chinese, with which he was plainly familiar, at least at a high level,” he said in Memphis, Tenn., ahead of the final debate between President Trump and Biden.
“I have no wish to bury anyone. I’ve never been political. The few contributions I have made have been to Democrats. But what I am is a patriot and my business reputation,” he said.

Bobulinski shows the phones he says he will be turning over to the FBI:
"I brought, I guess, for record, three phones that spanned the years 2015 to 2018. These phones have never been held by anybody else besides myself." pic.twitter.com/2ZKVkBMDvb
— Townhall.com (@townhallcom) October 22, 2020

Newsguard Green Light: “Legal Insurrection does not distort facts to advance opinions”

“… the site handles the difference between news and opinion responsibly…. Headlines can be opinionated, but do not distort facts or mislead readers about the content of stories.”

Newsguard is a company formed by Steven Brill and Gordon Crovitz to rate websites to provide advertisers and readers who add the Newsguard browser add-on with an assessment of website journalistic credibility.

Its homepage proclaims:
“NewsGuard uses journalism to fight false news, misinformation, and disinformation. Our trained analysts, who are experienced journalists, research online news brands to help readers and viewers know which ones are trying to do legitimate journalism—and which are not.”

Bobulinski: ‘I Have Heard Joe Biden Say He’s Never Discussed Business With Hunter. That is False’

I will quote The New York Post since that publication blew open the corruption case:

There were FIVE partners in the venture. Bobulinski, Hunter and James Biden; Rob Walker and James Gilliar...

Never

The venture with CEFC, known as SinoHawk Holdings, was half held by Mr. Bobulinski, who served as chief executive, and four other partners—Hunter and James Biden; Rob Walker, a former Clinton administration official; and James Gilliar, a British national—according to the corporate documents reviewed by the Journal.

Text messages and emails related to the venture that were provided to the Journal by Mr. Bobulinski, mainly from the spring and summer of 2017, don’t show either Hunter Biden or James Biden discussing a role for Joe Biden in the venture.

Mr. Gilliar told the Journal: “I would like to clear up any speculation that former Vice President Biden was involved with the 2017 discussions about our potential business structure. I am unaware of any involvement at anytime of the former Vice President. The activity in question never delivered any project revenue.”

Never saw what was so corrupt about Joe allegedly getting an equity interest in a Chinese company while not in office to begin with. This whole "scandal" is based on nothing more than buzzy adjectives and innuendo, same as virtually every conservative-sponsored scandal since Benghazi. Not surprised it is also factually unravelling.

Newsguard Green Light: “Legal Insurrection does not distort facts to advance opinions”

“… the site handles the difference between news and opinion responsibly…. Headlines can be opinionated, but do not distort facts or mislead readers about the content of stories.”

Newsguard is a company formed by Steven Brill and Gordon Crovitz to rate websites to provide advertisers and readers who add the Newsguard browser add-on with an assessment of website journalistic credibility.

Its homepage proclaims:

Media bias disagrees.

They may fact check, but you also posted an opinion piece that basically just says "this guy is saying this and we believe him rather than those other guys". They even try to enhance the Lt's credibility by pointing out Dem donations. He donated to 1 Dem candidate from what I can find.

giphy.gif

Does WSJ have the emails, texts and documents that Bobulinski is in the process of presenting to Congress and the Justice Department?

If not, then WSJ has debunked nothing.

Tabloids are not reliable.

The weird thing is Fox News originally turned the story down and the New York Post reporters haven't embraced the story. So the question is why? If there's something there then investigate, but thus far this has the feel of a story someone hopes will stick versus one that does so on its own merits. For the cynics, this story doesn't really help make the Trump/Biden choice any clearer because it's not as if Trump is some squeaky clean person as it relates to business dealings. The most cynical among us would be thinking of it in the "which dodgy candidate is the better choice?" perspective.

We know what Bobulinski said. He had a news conference, sponsored by the Trump campaign, right before the debate. What the OP is saying here is that the WSJ is contradicting that NY Post article.

From the journal article:
"Text messages and emails related to the venture that were provided to the Journal by Mr. Bobulinski, mainly from the spring and summer of 2017, don’t show either Hunter Biden or James Biden discussing a role for Joe Biden in the venture."

Never
Never saw what was so corrupt about Joe allegedly getting an equity interest in a Chinese company while not in office to begin with. This whole "scandal" is based on nothing more than buzzy adjectives and innuendo, same as virtually every conservative-sponsored scandal since Benghazi. Not surprised it is also factually unravelling.
Trump and Rush and Sean and Rudy can make the simplest thing into a scandal.

And a whole bunch of dumb asses believe them. Everyone else has learned not to believe the Trump team after watching them for 4 years. It's something that US banks and same people knew decades and decades and decades ago.

Does WSJ have the emails, texts and documents that Bobulinski is in the process of presenting to Congress and the Justice Department?

If not, then WSJ has debunked nothing.

You can present all the BS you want... This is a nothing burger... Quick reminder, there will be a new Congress and Justice Department in January...

Last edited:
You can present all the BS you want... This is a nothing burger... Quick reminder, there will be a new DOJ and Justice Department in January...
Damn.

That last sentence will sting.

Also from the WSJ:

"... Joe Biden claims he has never discussed his son’s business. Yet a May 2017 “expectations” document shows Hunter receiving 20% of the equity in the venture and holding another 10% for “the big guy”—who Mr. Bobulinski attests is Joe Biden.

In one text, Hunter says that “my Chairman gave an emphatic NO” to a version of the deal. Mr. Walker, Hunter’s partner, explains in a text to Mr. Bobulinski that when Hunter “said his chairman he was talking about his dad.”

Mr. Bobulinski’s texts show he even met with Joe Biden.
Mr. Gilliar reminds him in May 2017: “Don’t mention Joe being involved, it’s only when u are face to face, I know u know that but they are paranoid.” ..."

Really, at this point all this story needs to really round itself out is Jacob Wohl and Jack Burkman.

Also from the WSJ:

"... Joe Biden claims he has never discussed his son’s business. Yet a May 2017 “expectations” document shows Hunter receiving 20% of the equity in the venture and holding another 10% for “the big guy”—who Mr. Bobulinski attests is Joe Biden.

In one text, Hunter says that “my Chairman gave an emphatic NO” to a version of the deal. Mr. Walker, Hunter’s partner, explains in a text to Mr. Bobulinski that when Hunter “said his chairman he was talking about his dad.”

Mr. Bobulinski’s texts show he even met with Joe Biden.
Mr. Gilliar reminds him in May 2017: “Don’t mention Joe being involved, it’s only when u are face to face, I know u know that but they are paranoid.” ..."

Why would they be paranoid? Joe Biden was a private citizen in 2017. Let's say its all 100% true. There is nothing illegal about a private citizen investing in a venture.

Why would they be paranoid? Joe Biden was a private citizen in 2017. Let's say its all 100% true. There is nothing illegal about a private citizen investing in a venture.
1. Joe lied.
2. There is evidence that this stuff went on WHILE Biden was VP.

Idiots still believe it though, like King Idiot last night.

The matter in question is not whether Joe Biden actively participated in the deals with Hunter, but whether Joe Biden was aware of the deals Hunter was involved in. Joe Biden has repeatedly denied that he was aware of (or had discussed) Hunter’s foreign business deals/employment and resulting income.

Much like the Clinton’s ‘pay to play‘ setup, the money did not flow directly to Bill or Hillary Clinton personally. It was donated to the Clinton Foundation which makes it completely OK. ;)

1. Joe lied.
2. There is evidence that this stuff went on WHILE Biden was VP.

LMAO... If lying is a disqualifies a presidential candidate.. well, never mind.

What evidence? Trump has had almost 4 years with access to the ENTIRE resource of the federal government. Is he too incompetent to find any crimes?

Back
Top Bottom