• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Women and government

What's an example of a decision the government would make for you under government healthcare than you would make for yourself without government healthcare?

What I mean is that the government (whichever political party is in control at that moment) now has control over that aspect of your life. Therefore, they have the ability to take as much control as they want. They have the ability to regulate it as much as they want. They have the power to limit your decision-making if they're in charge of it.

Holy ****ing flat out distortion. Low interest rate student loans = being controlled by the government? Health insurance coverage through parents = government control of some one? Stop letting Beck do all your ****ing thinking for you.

Good God, Redress. Stop using Beck for all your ****ing insults. You're smart enough to come up with something more creative.

Health care would be for everyone and not just women. So how is this a women's issue?

It's not just a women's issue. But I'm a woman and "Julia" is a woman, so I directed my thread toward women.

Good God, Redress. Stop using Beck for all your ****ing insults. You're smart enough to come up with something more creative.

When you parot his stupidity, what do you expect? Your post was complete and utter bull****, without any actual basis in fact. Kinda like the Beck show in fact.

When you parot his stupidity, what do you expect? Your post was complete and utter bull****, without any actual basis in fact. Kinda like the Beck show in fact.

*major eyeroll*

It's only BS to those who think government intrusion in every aspect of your life is a great way to live.

*major eyeroll*

It's only BS to those who think government intrusion in every aspect of your life is a great way to live.

You still have yet to show how personal health decisions are being made for anyone by government.

*major eyeroll*

Tell me how offering student loans is an intrusion in your life.

Tell me how having the option to cover your children until they are 28 is an intrusion into your life.

Tell me how having more options is taking options away from you.

It's not just a women's issue. But I'm a woman and "Julia" is a woman, so I directed my thread toward women.
You describe yourself as right. How can you justify right when the likes of Santorum are after actual women's rights. They want to eliminate abortion and they fight against Planned Parenthood. They also want to demand that we have invasive procedures before an abortion. Those are actual women's rights which are being attacked they are incursions on women's rights these are being brought forth by the right wingers. Do you stand with them on these issues? If so how can you now be standing for women's rights? These are so not women's rights. What you address here are people rights. I ask do you want the medical care you receive decided by the corporate structure of an insurance provider?

Tell me how offering student loans is an intrusion in your life.

Tell me how having the option to cover your children until they are 28 is an intrusion into your life.

Tell me how having more options is taking options away from you.

26--->*looks at the clock ticking down on his own coverage* :mrgreen:

What I mean is that the government (whichever political party is in control at that moment) now has control over that aspect of your life. Therefore, they have the ability to take as much control as they want. They have the ability to regulate it as much as they want. They have the power to limit your decision-making if they're in charge of it.
The government can regulate as much as they want even without government healthcare the same way that they regulate all private industries now. Furthermore, corporate entities who are interested primarily in profit can and often do limit the decision-making process and "take control" of their clients' healthcare in damaging ways. Even further, the government isn't like some totalitarian body. If it goes too far, there are means for the people, if they care enough, to change it.

I clarified my statement in post #26.

Those are simply your words and your opinion.

They don't demonstrate anything you're trying to prove here.

They certainly do nothing to show how government is making personal health decisions for you.

You describe yourself as right. How can you justify right when the likes of Santorum are after actual women's rights. They want to eliminate abortion and they fight against Planned Parenthood. They also want to demand that we have invasive procedures before an abortion. Those are actual women's rights which are being attacked they are incursions on women's rights these are being brought forth by the right wingers. Do you stand with them on these issues? If so how can you now be standing for women's rights? These are so not women's rights. What you address here are people rights. I ask do you want the medical care you receive decided by the corporate structure of an insurance provider?

1. Eliminating abortion would simply be defining it as it should be defined - murder.

2. I fight against Planned Parenthood because of the above statement. If you agreed with #1, you'd be against them too.

3. "Women's rights" is subjective. I do not believe women should have the right to snuff the life of their unborn child.

1. Eliminating abortion would simply be defining it as it should be defined - murder.

2. I fight against Planned Parenthood because of the above statement. If you agreed with #1, you'd be against them too.

3. "Women's rights" is subjective. I do not believe women should have the right to snuff the life of their unborn child.

You shouldn't be because abortion is like 1 or 2 percent of their business. Getting rid of them because of abortion would be like throwing the baby out with the bath water.

And yes I know the pun is there.

Also why would you want insurance companies who have no interest in your health, only their profit having complete control over your health care decisions? Also I don't think you really know what entails with a single payer health care system, from our side the doctor experience would be much the same, except for the fact we wouldn't have to worry about not having enough money. We would go to the doctor, they would do their thing, and we would get help, not have to wait for some government bureaucratic to decide if we are worthy of care. Your opinion on this seems more based out of fear, and less based out of reality.

I don't want to get rid of Planned Parenthood, YS. I want them to stop killing babies.

Oh because you don't like abortion means that every woman has to follow your way by letting the government control there reproductive systems. This is government control over my health care. But this is okay with you. Who are now saying that the government will control health issues. You want them to do so. You should love the idea of government control.

Planned Parenthood does so much to prevent STD's and counsel people well beyond what they do in the abortion field. You may want to look them up. They are actually helping women and women's rights along. They are fighting the right wingers who would take our rights by inches until they have women barefoot and pregnant again.

Women's rights are controlling her own body and we do have a reproductive system which is ours. We want to control that. We do not want government to take away a women's right to choose. It is our body and our lives.
Just what women's rights do the right wingers stand for? Aren't they also the people who want abstinence only the same ones who want to get rid of birth control. Isn't Rush a right winger and calls women who have sex sluts and I'm sure when his pal's are out screwing they are the hero's. Tell me what women's rights do you actually stand for?

I don't want to get rid of Planned Parenthood, YS. I want them to stop killing babies.
So do you fight against most hospitals as well?

You know, reading these responses is a good example of competing "problem or issue formulations."

Oh because you don't like abortion means that every woman has to follow your way by letting the government control there reproductive systems. This is government control over my health care. But this is okay with you. Who are now saying that the government will control health issues. You want them to do so. You should love the idea of government control.

Yes, I'm fine with government telling women they can't kill their babies. I'm such a horrible person.

Planned Parenthood does so much to prevent STD's and counsel people well beyond what they do in the abortion field. You may want to look them up. They are actually helping women and women's rights along. They are fighting the right wingers who would take our rights by inches until they have women barefoot and pregnant again.

*eyeroll* That's a tired, lame, unintelligent, incorrect, fear-mongering talking point.

Women's rights are controlling her own body and we do have a reproductive system which is ours. We want to control that. We do not want government to take away a women's right to choose. It is our body and our lives.

Yes, I understand that you believe you own your unborn child and, therefore, can do whatever you want with "it".

Just what women's rights do the right wingers stand for?

Well, since women can vote, drive, get a job, own a home, go to college ... what else is there?

Aren't they also the people who want abstinence only the same ones who want to get rid of birth control.

I don't know. You'd have to ask someone who believes that.

Isn't Rush a right winger and calls women who have sex sluts and I'm sure when his pal's are out screwing they are the hero's. Tell me what women's rights do you actually stand for?

I don't know. I don't listen to Rush, nor does he speak for anyone but himself.

You know, reading these responses is a good example of competing "problem or issue formulations."

Not following. Could you explain for us senior citizens?

Back
Top Bottom