• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Woke' MLB moving All-Star Game from 51% Black Atlanta to 76% White Denver, critics note

You guys prefer fewer people voting anyway. The National Review just called for fewer voters.
Did they? I hadn't heard. So the party decided and spoke through NR. I will follow, I will follow, I will follow..... [Minions voice]. :LOL:

Did they? I hadn't heard. So the party decided and spoke through NR. I will follow, I will follow, I will follow..... [Minions voice]. :LOL:
The funniest thing about this is that you WILL follow.... but remain utterly clueless about the origins of where your positions come from.

Easier to vote is okay but not easier to cheat. That's the concern.

Watching the GA legislature be fine with their safeguards against cheating until they lost kind of blows a hole through this rationalization.

What I know is that politicians are lying thieves. Are you saying that politicians don't care if they win or lose elections?

Another thing that I KNOW is that politicians conduct and enforce the rules used to judge the fairness of the elections in which they compete.

Not a bit different than if NFL teams had the refs on their payroll for home games.

Doing EVERYTHING possible to assure that only registered voters vote, while still allowing the people to vote logistically, is what we should do.

Controlling the actions of politicians is more like controlling the flow of sewage than controlling the coverage of irrigation sprinklers.

Elections are the actions of politicians.
Well. If politicians are lying thieves... why do you believe them when after they LOSE an election.. they say to you..."well it must have been rigged.. because we lost"?

Please explain that. Surely.. they should be able to produce credible evidence of systematic fraud.. for you to believe these liars and thieves!!!

And if one is fine with elections laws.. UNTIL THEY LOSE... then suddenly they aren;t fine with the laws.. EVEN WHEN THEIR OWN PARTY was in charge of the election....
Why does that not make you suspicious of the liars and thieves.. that tell you... "but but we lost.. so now we need to change election law to make it harder for people to vote.
Removing ballot drop boxes.. has nothing to do with securing the vote.
Making it a crime to give people water and food while they wait hours in line to vote.. has nothing to do with securing the vote.

So here you are.. unable to come up with any evidence of how systematic fraud could even take place...
Other than your "but but politicians are liars and thieves"..
YET.. you believe the liars and thieves when they tell you that somehow removing ballot drop off boxes and preventing people getting water and food while waiting hours in line to vote.. is essential for a secure vote.

Please explain.

Watching the GA legislature be fine with their safeguards against cheating until they lost kind of blows a hole through this rationalization.
What are you trying to say?

Well. If politicians are lying thieves... why do you believe them when after they LOSE an election.. they say to you..."well it must have been rigged.. because we lost"?

Please explain that. Surely.. they should be able to produce credible evidence of systematic fraud.. for you to believe these liars and thieves!!!

And if one is fine with elections laws.. UNTIL THEY LOSE... then suddenly they aren;t fine with the laws.. EVEN WHEN THEIR OWN PARTY was in charge of the election....
Why does that not make you suspicious of the liars and thieves.. that tell you... "but but we lost.. so now we need to change election law to make it harder for people to vote.
Making it a crime to give people water and food while they wait hours in line to vote.. has nothing to do with securing the vote.

So here you are.. unable to come up with any evidence of how systematic fraud could even take place...
YET.. you believe the liars and thieves when they tell you that somehow removing ballot drop off boxes and preventing people getting water and food while waiting hours in line to vote.. is essential for a secure vote.

Please explain.

Hahahahah epoch times.

"All time high" prosecutions of ... three people?
Of course I expected that but, as I always ask leftists', Are any of these stories false? Did you check them for any inaccuracies? Of course not. That's why leftists make claims on subjects they know nothing about, as in your case.

Of course I expected that but, as I always ask leftists', Are any of these stories false? Did you check them for any inaccuracies? Of course not. That's why leftists make claims on subjects they know nothing about, as in your case.

You routinely dismiss “mainstream media” articles without actively researching to disprove them.

Tell me: how many actual prosecutions for in-person voter impersonation occurred? This all time high, what was the number? Can you support this number with a primary source?

Exactly..
No evidence of systemic fraud.
So again..
Why do you believe the liars and thieves.. when they say that there is widespread fraud? Why do you believe the liars and thieves when they tell you that voting needs to be harder.

AGain.. tell me exactly HOW this voter fraud with mail in ballots could take place at a level of winning a state or federal election.
How do you know how many mail in ballots you need to win before the election?
How do you get your hands on these ballots without anyone knowing?
How do you ONLY submit the ballots from people that will not vote and create a duplicate ballot?

Please explain.

The effort to balance the need for security with access to voting really needs to begin with the premise that voting is a good thing. And we just don't see that from the Republican Party. In fact, more and more of them are making the argument that its not a good thing.

In what way does controlling access indicate that the thing to which the access is controlled is deemed to NOT be a good thing?

Are you asserting that every entity in the Universe be allowed to and encouraged to vote in US Elections?

There is, generally, an effort to remove politicians from the process of voting. The "reforms" the GOP are making are giving politicians greater control over the process.

"Remove politicians" is a beautiful pairing of words!

In what way, in particular and specifically, are politicians given greater control over the election by which ever law you are thinking about?

How does verifying that a ballot was completed by and submitted by a registered voter erode the impartiality and fairness of any election?

Are you asserting that all of our politicians are honest in all things at all times with no self interest and complete impartiality?

Are you asserting that the Republicans who control Arizona and Georgia are in on the insane, deranged conspiracy theory you believe?

Please explain.

I believe that speed limits limit the number of deaths on the road. I may be wrong, but that's what I believe.

I believe that removing the privilege to drive from those that routinely drive drunk makes the roads safer for those that drive sober. I may be wrong, but that's what I believe.

I believe that ALL POLITICIANS WITH ALLEGIANCE TO ANY AND ALL POLITICAL PARTIES ARE LYING THIEVES. I may be wrong, but that's what I believe.

I believe that politicians lie and issue propaganda to deceive the weak minded.

If there is a ballot drop box in a state where there is no verification of the voters ID by any method, how do we assure that an actual registered voter was the person who completed and submitted the ballot?

Regarding the highlighted points from your post:

The propagandists issued the lie you repeat here that people waiting to vote cannot receive refreshments in line. That's a lie regarding the Georgia Voting Law. Check your facts.

Ballot Drop Boxes are still going to be used in Georgia, but they will be kept in more supervised areas. Another lie spread by the propagandists to deceive the weak minded.

Politicians are lying thieves who lie and steal to achieve their goals of grasping power. It's what they do. it's what they have always done. It is very likely what they will always do.

Are you seriously asserting that politicians are not lying thieves?

I believe that speed limits limit the number of deaths on the road. I may be wrong, but that's what I believe.

I believe that removing the privilege to drive from those that routinely drive drunk makes the roads safer for those that drive sober. I may be wrong, but that's what I believe.

I believe that ALL POLITICIANS WITH ALLEGIANCE TO ANY AND ALL POLITICAL PARTIES ARE LYING THIEVES. I may be wrong, but that's what I believe.

I believe that politicians lie and issue propaganda to deceive the weak minded.

If there is a ballot drop box in a state where there is no verification of the voters ID by any method, how do we assure that an actual registered voter was the person who completed and submitted the ballot?

Regarding the highlighted points from your post:

The propagandists issued the lie you repeat here that people waiting to vote cannot receive refreshments in line. That's a lie regarding the Georgia Voting Law. Check your facts.

Ballot Drop Boxes are still going to be used in Georgia, but they will be kept in more supervised areas. Another lie spread by the propagandists to deceive the weak minded.

Politicians are lying thieves who lie and steal to achieve their goals of grasping power. It's what they do. it's what they have always done. It is very likely what they will always do.

Are you seriously asserting that politicians are not lying thieves?
Actually.. you are the one thats asserting that politicians are liars and thieves.. and then you suck up whatever they say. Cripes.. you swallow the conspiracy that suddenly.. AFTER they lose.. the rules the GOP put in before the election.. need to be changed.

I assert that the way for the politicians to influence an election.. is NOT by mail in ballots or "getting illegals to vote.... since logistically there is no way to systemically cause enough fraud..

The way for any politician to actually manipulate an election is to control and restrict who can vote and how.. so that they can restrict the populations who are most likely to vote against them.. from voting.

The reality is that the way to guarantee a fair election is to let everyone vote and make it as easy as possible to vote. Because actual voter fraud on the scale needed is impossible.

The reality is that the way to have an unfair election.. is to have restrictions.. like signatures verification.. Voter ID.. etc.. which puts the politicians in charge of arbitrarily deciding who gets to vote and who does not. How do you protect against an election official that simply tosses out votes from an opposing district.. merely saying "signatures don;t match enough"... since thats a subjective view. ???

Are you asserting that the Republicans who control Arizona and Georgia are in on the insane, deranged conspiracy theory you believe?

I have no idea what the conspiracy you are imagining to exist might be.

Actually.. you are the one thats asserting that politicians are liars and thieves.. and then you suck up whatever they say. Cripes.. you swallow the conspiracy that suddenly.. AFTER they lose.. the rules the GOP put in before the election.. need to be changed.

I assert that the way for the politicians to influence an election.. is NOT by mail in ballots or "getting illegals to vote.... since logistically there is no way to systemically cause enough fraud..

The way for any politician to actually manipulate an election is to control and restrict who can vote and how.. so that they can restrict the populations who are most likely to vote against them.. from voting.

The reality is that the way to guarantee a fair election is to let everyone vote and make it as easy as possible to vote. Because actual voter fraud on the scale needed is impossible.

The reality is that the way to have an unfair election.. is to have restrictions.. like signatures verification.. Voter ID.. etc.. which puts the politicians in charge of arbitrarily deciding who gets to vote and who does not. How do you protect against an election official that simply tosses out votes from an opposing district.. merely saying "signatures don;t match enough"... since thats a subjective view. ???

How many Billions of the people in the world's population are you asserting need to vote in our elections to make them fair?

Regarding signatures, I favor a process that includes that includes verification and certification by Notaries.

I guess you righties had better get to your boycotts. You're going to have a lot of ground to cover. I'll help you out by starting a list for you.

And don't forget you are still supposed to be mad at the NFL, NASCAR, Keurig (Dr. Pepper) and Starbucks.

How many Billions of the people in the world's population are you asserting need to vote in our elections to make them fair?

Regarding signatures, I favor a process that includes that includes verification and certification by Notaries.
What billions of people in the world. ? Come now.
The fact is that we should make it easy for citizens in the us to vote. If a few non citizens or fraud takes place? It's so minor it doesn't matter.
Meanwhile putting the liars and thieves in charge as you say of deciding who gets to vote or not..well historically that has not worked out.
Verification and certification by notaries? How do you stop a notary from simply saying..sorry doesn't match..since signature verification is still subjective.
Cripes signatures Chand all the time too. Get older ..have essential tremor..hand injury, arthritis , stroke, Parkinson and so forth.
Why do you want 5p put liars and thieves into the position to simply cheat by arbitrarily refusing to let opposing voters vote.
Its what happened with Jim crow laws. The voting law was that everyone had to undergo a literacy test.
When administered to a white person..they person administering the test passed him.
When it was a black person..they failed them.
Done.

So right wingers are boycotting football because black people take a knee and baseball because MLB doesn't support Republican voter suppression. If basketball also manages to offend mistreated white victims, which sport will pick up the viewers? NASCAR?

Back
Top Bottom