• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Witnesses report shooting at Quebec City Mosque [W:42]

Another early report and information could change.

Suspect in Quebec mosque terror attack was of Moroccan origin, reports show

Suspect in Quebec mosque terror attack was of Moroccan origin, reports show | Fox News

One of two gunmen who shouted 'Allahu akbar!' as they opened fire at a mosque in Quebec City was of Moroccan origin, a witness and local media reported Monday, revealing the first details about the attackers in the massacre that killed six men.

The terror suspects were identified as Mohamed Khadir and Alexandre Bissonnette, the CBC reported. The two men were arrested soon after the shooting at the Quebec Islamic Cultural Centre Sunday night and were expected to appear in court later Monday, police told reporters.

“It seemed to me that they had a Quebecois accent. They started to fire, and as they shot they yelled, 'Allahu akbar!' The bullets hit people that were praying. People who were praying lost their lives. A bullet passed right over my head,” the person said.

Coulter's Law was correct. The media is burying the fact that this was an attack by other Muslims in a false flag operation.

If the media is burying facts, how do you know? Where are you getting your information from if not the media? A false flag operation is covert. If it's this easy for you to detect, it can't possibly be a false flag.

I hope you're wrong but fear you're right. This shooting seems to have Islamophobia written all over it.

Liberals are not so quick jumping to conclusions when the shooter is a muslim shouting "praise be to the allah!" while he commits his carnage

No one is smearing 'the best'. I dont know of too many people that ever claim ALL MUSLIMS are bad. I do know that ignoring Muslims and Muslim belief systems as practiced by fundamentalists is a problem...one which people like your yourself ignore. I also know anytime people try to address the problem of fundamentalist Muslims people like you shriek 'Islamaphobe! I know refusing to address the problem is getting people killed.
I think one thing people tend to forget, is historically Islam is 6 centuries younger than Christianity.
From that perspective, how tolerant was Christianity in the 1400's?
The conflicts between different Christian groups lasted for another few hundred years,
And that is from a religion whose teachings never included point of the sword conversions.
It saddens me that this type of religious conflict, has shown up on this side of the Atlantic.

Re: Deadly shooting at Quebec mosque reported

The terror suspects were identified as Mohamed Khadir and Alexandre Bissonnette , Moroccan terrorist . One of two gunmen who shouted 'Allahu akbar!' as they opened fired . What a surprise !!!

CBC news anchor seems to be trying to pin this as a result of Trump's executive order.

Re: Shooting at Quebec City Mosque

I mean the place BushII and his Neocon warhawks lead us into thinking we would be met with candies and flowers... President Obama didn't abandon Iraq, BushII SET THE TIMETABLE! IRAQ DEMANDED we leave. What part of democracy don't the hard right wags refuse to accept??? The part that gets in their way???

More rabid right BS... not surprised at all. NO ONE wants terrorists to come here, the Cons in Congress keep blocking any meaningful, ACCURATE list of suspects. The FBI, not a lib/pro organization, stops short on many investigations. fact is we are far more likely to suffer attacks from those already here who turn- some for idiotic reasons (like most our none muslim mass murders) and some because the backlash from 'real' Americans.

But allow me to steal an argument from the rabid right 2nd A guys. When we discuss 'assault weapons' restrictions those guys point out how few murders are done with these firearms and how many are done with knives.... soooo how many murders are done daily in the USofA by NON-Muslims and just how many a day by Muslims??? I'd say most of the radical right's umbrage is focused on the nit and not the bigger problems.

Yes don't look it up... :doh Ya already know the answer and it doesn't help your argument... :peace

:roll: What ever....All I can tell ya, is that you are going to have a tough 4 years, because your opinions are in the minority.

Another early report and information could change.

Suspect in Quebec mosque terror attack was of Moroccan origin, reports show

Suspect in Quebec mosque terror attack was of Moroccan origin, reports show | Fox News

One of two gunmen who shouted 'Allahu akbar!' as they opened fire at a mosque in Quebec City was of Moroccan origin, a witness and local media reported Monday, revealing the first details about the attackers in the massacre that killed six men.

The terror suspects were identified as Mohamed Khadir and Alexandre Bissonnette, the CBC reported. The two men were arrested soon after the shooting at the Quebec Islamic Cultural Centre Sunday night and were expected to appear in court later Monday, police told reporters.

“It seemed to me that they had a Quebecois accent. They started to fire, and as they shot they yelled, 'Allahu akbar!' The bullets hit people that were praying. People who were praying lost their lives. A bullet passed right over my head,” the person said.

If this report is true that means liberals who were pointing the finger at rightwing Christians have egg on their face

Don't forget homophobia, and xenophobia...and all those other -obias and -isms.
Why bother? He'll disappear as soon as it is announced the shooters were Muslims.

I think one thing people tend to forget, is historically Islam is 6 centuries younger than Christianity.
The conflicts between different Christian groups lasted for another few hundred years,
And that is from a religion whose teachings never included point of the sword conversions.
It saddens me that this type of religious conflict, has shown up on this side of the Atlantic.

Muslims kill muslims in 2017 and you want focus on Christans in 1400?

CBC news anchor seems to be trying to pin this as a result of Trump's executive order.
Several articles have mentioned the origins of the Moroccan shooter in one line and then gone right back to the Islamaphobia schtick. Its a sickness.

And all those actress that promised to head to Canada ! :lol:

Someone told them thats where the best plastic surgeons are

Or you know they are withholding the information till they can can confirm they have right people.

Nope, Coulter's Law proved true yet again. Moroccan shooter.

Which doesn't support your claim. It wasn't 'abandoned', and ISIS never took Baghdad. You really should pay better attention.

A legal withdrawal agreed to by both countries and demanded by one. It's simply not 'abandoning'. That's simply you projecting.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink....The fact is that Obama had the ability to leave in place a number of troops to maintain a presence, he didn't. The vacuum left is on him, regardless of your rewriting of history. Demo's are only good at starting wars, never ending them. They don't know how to win.

More of your delusions? Nothing, whatsoever, other than your fetid imagination, indicates that those people want to let terrorists in.

:lamo probabaly a sign in there somewhere that reads: "Did you hug a terrorist today?"

Why can't you actually name any names?

Um, because I am not a communist?

Muslims kill muslims in 2017 and you want focus on Christans in 1400?
Not really, I am simply trying to put into perspective at which stage the religion of Islam is at compared to where
Christianity was that the same age.

If the media is burying facts, how do you know? Where are you getting your information from if not the media? A false flag operation is covert. If it's this easy for you to detect, it can't possibly be a false flag.

I found out about it by scouring alternate information sites. And "false flag" operations aren't what they used to be...they're increasingly being easy to spot.

Not really, I am simply trying to put into perspective at which stage the religion of Islam is at compared to where
Christianity was that the same age.

Does it really matter?

There are more immediate problems to deal with right now

I dont know...which historical perspective do you want to apply to Christianity in the 1400s? And how on earth do you think that is societally relevant today?

Muslims dont live in caves. There are extremist fundamentalists living in pretty much every country on the planet. Canada is a relatively modern country, wouldnt you say? And yet you have fundamentalist Muslims in Canada that commit honor killings. Same in the US. Same in Germany. Same all across the planet. You have people with advanced degrees to convert to fundamentalist Islam and kill people. 1400 isnt relevant. What IS relevant is the message and mantra of fundamentalist Islam.

I found out about it by scouring alternate information sites. And "false flag" operations aren't what they used to be...they're increasingly being easy to spot.

My guess this is one muslim sect killing a rival sect

This does not do the anti trump muslim apologists any good

The timing could not be worse for them

What ever....All I can tell ya, is that you are going to have a tough 4 years, because your opinions are in the minority.

All I can tell ya is we ALL are gonna have a tough 4 years (good to see you too believe we will correct this mistake ASAP) and given the massive ad hoc march AFTER Trump's rather small turn-out (and his was planned out long in advance),and his fail in the popular vote I'd say the Muslim bashers are the minority.

People who voted against Hillary and not for Trump or his ignorant policies... :peace

All I can tell ya is we ALL are gonna have a tough 4 years (good to see you too believe we will correct this mistake ASAP) and given the massive ad hoc march AFTER Trump's rather small turn-out (and his was planned out long in advance),and his fail in the popular vote I'd say the Muslim bashers are the minority.

People who voted against Hillary and not for Trump or his ignorant policies... :peace

Oh you mean the march that was planned by at least one Hamas sympathizer? And you think this was just some scatter shot project that all came together organically? hahahaha! So gullible....

Billionaire George Soros has ties to more than 50 ‘partners’ of the Women’s March on Washington
Billionaire George Soros has ties to more than 50 ‘partners’ of the Women’s March on Washington – Women in the World in Association with The New York Times – WITW

Give me a break....:roll:

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink....The fact is that Obama had the ability to leave in place a number of troops to maintain a presence, he didn't. The vacuum left is on him, regardless of your rewriting of history. Demo's are only good at starting wars, never ending them. They don't know how to win.

Ah, yes, you're continual reliance on alternative facts. Obama didn't actually have the ability, since a sovereign nation would agree to a SOF agreement and we had no legal right to remain. If you have to make things up, sport, you might want to reassess your 'argument' and intellectual honesty.
:lamo probabaly a sign in there somewhere that reads: "Did you hug a terrorist today?"

Which doesn't indicate that anyone actually wants true terrorists let in the country and you still can't name a single name. Good of you to eat your words.
Um, because I am not a communist?

I accept your admission that you cannot support your own claims and are yet again forced into a retreat.

Can't say as I'm at all surprised.

Ah, yes, you're continual reliance on alternative facts. Obama didn't actually have the ability, since a sovereign nation would agree to a SOF agreement and we had no legal right to remain. If you have to make things up, sport, you might want to reassess your 'argument' and intellectual honesty.

Which doesn't indicate that anyone actually wants true terrorists let in the country and you still can't name a single name. Good of you to eat your words.

I accept your admission that you cannot support your own claims and are yet again forced into a retreat.

Can't say as I'm at all surprised.

Well, no use in engaging people like you. Nothing productive comes from it....

ic57o.jpg

All I can tell ya is we ALL are gonna have a tough 4 years (good to see you too believe we will correct this mistake ASAP)

Cheap shots and pettyness do you no good

Thumps term of office is 4 years

We can argue about reelection some other time

Back
Top Bottom