• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Witnesses report shooting at Quebec City Mosque [W:42]

Re: Shooting at Quebec City Mosque

Hope they still want all of our refugees....

And all those actress that promised to head to Canada ! :lol:

Re: Canadian PM says mosque shooting a "terrorist attack on Muslims"

The part that makes shake my head in disbelief is how desperately the author of this article tries to tie this Pres. Trump. There is NOTHING indicating at tie his EO about banning immigration from terrorist supporting nations, yet the author cannot stop himself from including that in the article.

How could you tie this to trump? It happened in Canada. French Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The article you cite is about Baghdad- yanno the place we brought freedom and democracy too... :roll:

Baghdad also has routine car bombs, we seem to lack them...

It is intellectually dishonest to compare what happens in the sheitte hole we created in Iraq with over here.

How many Muslim on Muslim mass attacks have there been on this side of the Atlantic? :peace
Since we do not know who did the shooting, who is statically the usual suspect?
On average, if a Mosque is shot up any where in the world, it is other Muslims who do it.

Just because the attack was carried out by a Muslim doesn't mean it was 'false flag'.

Religious extremists are enemies of muslims, just like they are enemies of us.

This is just the latest incident showing proof of that.

Not "religious extremeists", but rather "Islamic extremists" are the biggest enemy of Muslims. They are literally their own worst enemy.

Doubtful that it was a "false flag", most likely it was an internecine fight.

CTers like to claim everything is a false flag. Reinforces their world view.
Could have been anything from inter muslim conflict to love triangle at this point we dont know.

Re: Deadly shooting at Quebec mosque reported

Press conference with RCMP refused to identify identities, origin and physical characteristics of suspects.

La Presse (Quebec paper) however, had reported that one is Moroccan origin. I don't know if they're still saying that after the conference.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2736768/quebec-city-mosque-shooting-students-arrested/

The terror suspects were identified as Mohamed Khadir and Alexandre Bissonnette , Moroccan terrorist . One of two gunmen who shouted 'Allahu akbar!' as they opened fired . What a surprise !!!

Re: Canadian PM says mosque shooting a "terrorist attack on Muslims"

How could you tie this to trump? It happened in Canada. French Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read the article that was linked to. The author tries his worst to create that connection.

Since we do not know who did the shooting, who is statically the usual suspect?
On average, if a Mosque is shot up any where in the world, it is other Muslims who do it.

Moroccan terrorist .One of two gunmen who shouted 'Allahu akbar!' as they opened fired .

I hope they quickly find those responsible. A sad loss of life.

I am interested in what the supposed motivation of the gunmen will turn out to be?

The terror suspects were identified as Mohamed Khadir and Alexandre Bissonnette , Moroccan terrorist . One of two gunmen who shouted 'Allahu akbar!' as they opened fired .

The terror suspects were identified as Mohamed Khadir and Alexandre Bissonnette , Moroccan terrorist . One of two gunmen who shouted 'Allahu akbar!' as they opened fired .
Im pretty sure Mohammed Khadir is a converted radical Christian and Trump voter.

Time for Trudeau to apologise to Muslims for Canadians allowing them to murder each other. Next time Moroccans start shooting at Moroccans Canada's PM should get between them saying "play nicely boys" in practised primary teacher tones.

Give us your violent , your terrorists , your evil , your fanatics , OK enjoy ! :lol:

No, since that never happened. You shoulld pay better attention.

President Obama announced the full withdrawal of troops from Iraq, as previously scheduled, on 21 October 2011.[35] The U.S. retained an embassy in Baghdad[35] with some 17,000 personnel,[36] consulates in Basra, Mosul and Kirkuk, which have been allocated more than 1,000 staff each,[36] and between 4,000 and 5,000 defense contractors.[35] President Obama and al-Maliki outlined a broad agenda for post-war cooperation without American troops in Iraq during a joint press conference on 12 December 2011 at the White House. This agenda included cooperation on energy, trade and education as well as cooperation in security, counter-terrorism, economic development and strengthening Iraq's institutions. Both leaders said their countries would maintain strong security, diplomatic and economic ties after the last U.S. combat forces withdraw.[37][38]
President Barack Obama paid tribute to the troops who served in Iraq on 14 December 2011, at the Fort Bragg military base in North Carolina. As the last of the American troops prepared to exit Iraq, he said the United States was leaving behind a "sovereign, stable and self-reliant" Iraq.[39] On 15 December, an American military ceremony was held in Baghdad putting a formal end to the U.S mission in Iraq.[40][41][42] The last 500 soldiers left Iraq on the morning of 18 December 2011.[1][2][3][4][5][6] At the time of withdrawal, the United States had one remaining soldier, Staff Sergeant Ahmed K. Altaie, still missing in Iraq since 23 October 2006, and had offered a $50,000 reward for his recovery.[43] On 26 February 2012, his death was confirmed.[44][45][46]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdrawal_of_U.S._troops_from_Iraq#Full_withdrawa l_.282011.29

And you should know better than to spout that falsehood of yours...

How quaintly delusional. What 'libs' want to let terrorists in? Please name some names.

Name calling out of the box eh? As for libs wanting to let in terrorists, try these...

Of course...they cant (wont) say for certain. But...2 suspects in custody, one from Morocco with what is being reported as a middle eastern related name, both shooters described by people in the mosque as shouting Allahu ahkbar! while firing the shots....but it is probably just another white Islamophobe following Trumps orders.

Who knew Canada was populated by so many hate filled bigots.

I thought that we were talking about the Muslims who attacked this Mosque, not liberals...

Im pretty sure Mohammed Khadir is a converted radical Christian and Trump voter.

I'm pretty sure you are totally wrong ! They don't shout 'Allahu akbar!' as they opened fired !

I'm pretty sure you are totally wrong ! They don't shout 'Allahu akbar!' as they opened fired !

Clearly he's a Lutheran NRA member then. :lol:

Re: Deadly shooting at Quebec mosque reported

And you? How do you feel about it?
Oh....I can answer that one. Mixed.

Tragic for the victms. Always.
Disgusted by the leftist pukes that rushed onto websites blaming 'Islamaphobia'...the same ones that will run and hide under their rocks once it is found that Muslims actually committed the attacks.
Not shocked by the actual shooters. Dood...you cant observe 11,000 terrorist attacks a year committed by fundamnetalist Muslims and then express slack jawed shock. Really? No...wait...REALLY? MUSLIMS did this? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat????
Honestly...theres also some ambivalence. Meh. If people wish to remain blind to the real dangers MUSLIMS represent to the world (and yes...to other Muslims as well) then its kinda hard to get spun up over this.

No...not a 'false flag'. This appears now to be an all too common occurrence throughout the middle east that has come to Canada...Muslims killing Muslims. See...its not enough to be Muslim...you have to be the 'right kind' of Muslim. And the 'right kind' of Muslim according to fundamentalist extremist Muslims believes in Sharia law as the supreme law of the land. The right kind of Muslim doesnt tolerate homosexuality. The right kind of Muslim doesnt support womens rights. The 'right kind' of Muslim sees the other kind of Muslims as subject to the same treatment as the infidel. Thats why it is so mind numbingly stupid when people see terrorist attacks and rush to defend 'the Muslims'. Because whether people want to admit it or not...the problem IS fundamentalist Islam. And if people dont wake up to that reality it will continue to be fatal.

In 2015, there are some eleven THOUSAND Muslim terrorist attacks throughout the world. MOST on the receiving end of those attacks were Muslims. Just not the 'right kind' of Muslims. I guarantee you...if this plays out like it looks like it will, they will interview these peoples friends, co workers, fellow students...and they will all express shock. They were such good boys. How could this have happened. Golly...I just dont believe it.

That...is why people die.

2.2 billion Muslims in the world, and eleven thousand attacks in 2015.

300 million Americans, and twelve thousand gun homicides in 2015.

The problem with broad brushing large groups of people is that you inevitably blame and alienate a large proportion of those people who are otherwise good law-abiding people. Advocacy for Muslims is important for the same reason the NRA is important to advocate for honest gun users.

As to 'fundamentalist Islam' being the problem. I would say that people acting in a violent way in the name of fundamentalist Islam is the problem. You know what, I don't care if a Muslim lives in America who believes that being gay is wrong. Plenty of people disagree with me about a lot of things. The great thing about our political system is that we have systems in place to ensure that such thought does not become law. In America you are free to believe what you want, but you must follow our laws. Even if a Muslim were to become President, we have the necessary checks and balances in place to ensure that Shariah Law does not become the law of the land.

As to Muslims beliefs in generals, I know a few Muslims, many of whom who pray regularly, and not one has tried to harm me for my views on marriage or sharia law or whatever.

Oh...maybe they were just being sneaky.

You mean the one Obama abandoned to ISIS? So far...There have been attempts. Not if lib/progs had their way...They'd let in any, and all Muslim's terrorists or not. At least that one, maybe more...But I am not going to look it up.

I mean the place BushII and his Neocon warhawks lead us into thinking we would be met with candies and flowers... President Obama didn't abandon Iraq, BushII SET THE TIMETABLE! IRAQ DEMANDED we leave. What part of democracy don't the hard right wags refuse to accept??? The part that gets in their way???

More rabid right BS... not surprised at all. NO ONE wants terrorists to come here, the Cons in Congress keep blocking any meaningful, ACCURATE list of suspects. The FBI, not a lib/pro organization, stops short on many investigations. fact is we are far more likely to suffer attacks from those already here who turn- some for idiotic reasons (like most our none muslim mass murders) and some because the backlash from 'real' Americans.

But allow me to steal an argument from the rabid right 2nd A guys. When we discuss 'assault weapons' restrictions those guys point out how few murders are done with these firearms and how many are done with knives.... soooo how many murders are done daily in the USofA by NON-Muslims and just how many a day by Muslims??? I'd say most of the radical right's umbrage is focused on the nit and not the bigger problems.

Yes don't look it up... :doh Ya already know the answer and it doesn't help your argument... :peace

My heart goes out to the victims. My hope is that the perpetrators will be brought to fair justice.

2.2 billion Muslims in the world, and eleven thousand attacks in 2015.

300 million Americans, and twelve thousand gun homicides in 2015.

The problem with broad brushing large groups of people is that you inevitably blame and alienate a large proportion of those people who are otherwise good law-abiding people. Advocacy for Muslims is important for the same reason the NRA is important to advocate for honest gun users.

As to 'fundamentalist Islam' being the problem. I would say that people acting in a violent way in the name of fundamentalist Islam is the problem. You know what, I don't care if a Muslim lives in America who believes that being gay is wrong. Plenty of people disagree with me about a lot of things. The great thing about our political system is that we have systems in place to ensure that such thought does not become law. In America you are free to believe what you want, but you must follow our laws. Even if a Muslim were to become President, we have the necessary checks and balances in place to ensure that Shariah Law does not become the law of the land.

As to Muslims beliefs in generals, I know a few Muslims, many of whom who pray regularly, and not one has tried to harm me for my views on marriage or sharia law or whatever.
:lamo

Sweet dear baby tap dancing hay Zeus.

You DO get that there ARE routine crimes, murders, rapes, robberies, etc committed by Muslims that are NOT terrorist attacks...right? For you to equate the two or to somehow drag gun owners and the NRA into the mix shows how desperate you are to avoid reality. And you MAY note if you were willing to be honest that I am not CONDEMNING ALL MUSLIMS. Dood....Ive probably spent at least as much time with 'real Muslims' if not more than anyone on this site. Ive spent years in Muslim countries working with Muslims daily. I know there are good Muslims...hell...Ive known many great people...people that i would trust my family with that are Muslims. THEY would call you a fool if you were vigilant against fundamentalist Muslims. THEY would call you a fool for not being aware of the dangers fundamentalist Muslims represent to ALL OTHERS.

:lamo

Sweet dear baby tap dancing hay Zeus.

You DO get that there ARE routine crimes, murders, rapes, robberies, etc committed by Muslims that are NOT terrorist attacks...right? For you to equate the two or to somehow drag gun owners and the NRA into the mix shows how desperate you are to avoid reality. And you MAY note if you were willing to be honest that I am not CONDEMNING ALL MUSLIMS. Dood....Ive probably spent at least as much time with 'real Muslims' if not more than anyone on this site. Ive spent years in Muslim countries working with Muslims daily. I know there are good Muslims...hell...Ive known many great people...people that i would trust my family with that are Muslims. THEY would call you a fool if you were vigilant against fundamentalist Muslims. THEY would call you a fool for not being aware of the dangers fundamentalist Muslims represent to ALL OTHERS.

Obviously not completely equating the two.

I'm giving both as examples whereby the worst of the group is used to smear the best.

Do you disagree that's the case?

President Obama announced the full withdrawal of troops from Iraq, as previously scheduled, on 21 October 2011.[35] The U.S. retained an embassy in Baghdad[35] with some 17,000 personnel,[36] consulates in Basra, Mosul and Kirkuk, which have been allocated more than 1,000 staff each,[36] and between 4,000 and 5,000 defense contractors.[35] President Obama and al-Maliki outlined a broad agenda for post-war cooperation without American troops in Iraq during a joint press conference on 12 December 2011 at the White House. This agenda included cooperation on energy, trade and education as well as cooperation in security, counter-terrorism, economic development and strengthening Iraq's institutions. Both leaders said their countries would maintain strong security, diplomatic and economic ties after the last U.S. combat forces withdraw.[37][38]
President Barack Obama paid tribute to the troops who served in Iraq on 14 December 2011, at the Fort Bragg military base in North Carolina. As the last of the American troops prepared to exit Iraq, he said the United States was leaving behind a "sovereign, stable and self-reliant" Iraq.[39] On 15 December, an American military ceremony was held in Baghdad putting a formal end to the U.S mission in Iraq.[40][41][42] The last 500 soldiers left Iraq on the morning of 18 December 2011.[1][2][3][4][5][6] At the time of withdrawal, the United States had one remaining soldier, Staff Sergeant Ahmed K. Altaie, still missing in Iraq since 23 October 2006, and had offered a $50,000 reward for his recovery.[43] On 26 February 2012, his death was confirmed.[44][45][46]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdrawal_of_U.S._troops_from_Iraq#Full_withdrawa l_.282011.29

Which doesn't support your claim. It wasn't 'abandoned', and ISIS never took Baghdad. You really should pay better attention.

A legal withdrawal agreed to by both countries and demanded by one. It's simply not 'abandoning'. That's simply you projecting.
And you should know better than to spout that falsehood of yours...

Name calling out of the box eh? As for libs wanting to let in terrorists, try these...

More of your delusions? Nothing, whatsoever, other than your fetid imagination, indicates that those people want to let terrorists in.

Why can't you actually name any names?

Obviously not completely equating the two.

I'm giving both as examples whereby the worst of the group is used to smear the best.

Do you disagree that's the case?
No one is smearing 'the best'. I dont know of too many people that ever claim ALL MUSLIMS are bad. I do know that ignoring Muslims and Muslim belief systems as practiced by fundamentalists is a problem...one which people like your yourself ignore. I also know anytime people try to address the problem of fundamentalist Muslims people like you shriek 'Islamaphobe! I know refusing to address the problem is getting people killed.

Back
Top Bottom