• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Witnesses report shooting at Quebec City Mosque [W:42]

Nilly

stb
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Witnesses report shooting at Quebec City Mosque | CTV Montreal News

Police in Quebec City have confirmed there has been an incident at the Centre Culturel Islamique de Quebec on Sainte-Foy St.
There are witness reports that there has been a shooting at the mosque.

Five dead in Quebec City mosque shooting: mosque president | Reuters

Five people were killed after gunmen opened fire in a Quebec City mosque during evening prayers, the mosque's president told reporters on Sunday.

Earlier, a witness told Reuters that up to three gunmen fired on about 40 people inside the Quebec City Islamic Cultural Center.

Shots fired at Canadian mosque - BBC News

Senseless violence. I don't know how official/final the victim statistics in the second link are. Witnesses reporting between 3 and 10 dead.

Here's hoping that those responsible can be apprehended quickly.

Thoughts go out to the victims and their loved ones.

Firmly believe it is our job to stand by the muslim community in dark times like these.

Witnesses report shooting at Quebec City Mosque | CTV Montreal News

Five dead in Quebec City mosque shooting: mosque president | Reuters

Shots fired at Canadian mosque - BBC News

Senseless violence. I don't know how official/final the victim statistics in the second link are. Witnesses reporting between 3 and 10 dead.

Here's hoping that those responsible can be apprehended quickly.

Thoughts go out to the victims and their loved ones.

Firmly believe it is our job to stand by the muslim community in dark times like these.

I hope they quickly find those responsible. A sad loss of life.

I am interested in what the supposed motivation of the gunmen will turn out to be?

I hope they quickly find those responsible. A sad loss of life.

I am interested in what the supposed motivation of the gunmen will turn out to be?

I hate to say it but maybe this is a response to their Prime Minister offering to take any refugees we refused to admit. The timing is suspicious. :unsure13:

I do not condone this type of reaction. But perhaps some in Canada don't feel as welcoming as others do.

I hate to say it but maybe this is a response to their Prime Minister offering to take any refugees we refused to admit.

I do not condone this type of reaction. But perhaps some in Canada don't feel as welcoming as others do.

I hope you're wrong but fear you're right. This shooting seems to have Islamophobia written all over it.

I hope you're wrong but fear you're right. This shooting seems to have Islamophobia written all over it.

Don't forget homophobia, and xenophobia...and all those other -obias and -isms.

This doesn't have the same stink of a "false flag operation" like most of the anti-Muslim things that happen in this country. But if it's one thing I've learned it's that Liberals will do anything and try to blame everything on Trump up to and including killing people.

Will just have to wait and see if the Liberals are actually responsible for this.

I hate to say it but maybe this is a response to their Prime Minister offering to take any refugees we refused to admit. The timing is suspicious. :unsure13:

If it turns out your theory is correct it will have been very counter productive.

I expect it is one of two things

Neo Nazionale types

OR Muslim extremists shooting a mosque they felt was not following the word of god

A mosque is a bulwark against homophobia? I don't think so.

That's like saying if there was an attack against a BLM march, that it's a sign of homophobia.
Of if there's an attack against a Catholic Church, then it's a sign of homophobia.

Sorry, let's not muddy the waters by piggybacking issues on top of each other.

"Us too, please! Don't forget us! Please don't forget to link this mosque attack to our gay rights cause!"

The Left are amazingly revisionist and ad-hoc in their alliances. Yesterday, they were at war with Eurasia, and today they're at war with Oceania. And all their respective alliance narratives need to be revised and changed to suit the new expediency. Pathetic.

No wonder Orwell satirized the Left in particular.

Two suspects have been arrested

A mosque is a bulwark against homophobia? I don't think so.

That's like saying if there was an attack against a BLM march, that it's a sign of homophobia.
Of if there's an attack against a Catholic Church, then it's a sign of homophobia.

Sorry, let's not muddy the waters by piggybacking issues on top of each other.

"Us too, please! Don't forget us! Please don't forget to link this mosque attack to our gay rights cause!"

The Left are amazingly revisionist and ad-hoc in their alliances. Yesterday, they were at war with Eurasia, and today they're at war with Oceania. And all their respective alliance narratives need to be revised and changed to suit the new expediency. Pathetic.

No wonder Orwell satirized the Left in particular.

Brother Sanman,

It was a joke. I was enjoying a giggle on the libby up above.

A reporter stated that one suspect is a 27-year-old with "a Quebec name", and one had an AK-47 automatic weapon in his possession. The police have not confirmed anything yet.

Re: Deadly shooting at Quebec mosque reported

How tragic. My hearts go out to the victims and their families. :(

Horrible, just horrible. My deepest condolences to the Canadian people on this tragedy.

This was a horrific crime. I've heard that two suspects are in custody. Hopefully, all involved will be apprehended and brought to justice.

They're going to run out of virgins - it looks like another jihadist shooter.

I doubt that these shooters were expecting to be rewarded with 72 virgins in Paradise.

Two in custody with no names or other information?

Coulter's Law.

They're going to run out of virgins - it looks like another jihadist shooter.

Two in custody with no names or other information?

Coulter's Law.

If the shooters are islamic terrorists then all it proves is that honest muslims are just as much victims of terrorism as non-muslims.

They are not one and the same.

Sometimes your posts are about the dumbest **** on the whole wide internet. This is one of those times.

Back
Top Bottom