• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Willl the EU survive if England votes to leave?

Will the EU survive without England?

• EU will survive

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • EU will evenutally cease to exist

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters
If they vote EXIT I think time is up, the next major recession is near, even if the elite would finally figure out a good plan the people will not allow time to try it.
Meh. Ive read numerous sources on both sides. They both are essentially saying the exact same thing, with 180 degree takes on every issue.

Whatever. Stay...go...at their current pace oll of Europe is soon to be ****ed anyway.

Meh. Ive read numerous sources on both sides. They both are essentially saying the exact same thing, with 180 degree takes on every issue.

Whatever. Stay...go...at their current pace oll of Europe is soon to be ****ed anyway.

When you find that your best solution to try to mitigate the damage from a massive self inflicted mistake (the invasion of the Muslim hoards) is to make a deal with the Mafia (Erdoğan), ya, you are pretty certainly well ****ed.

When you find that your best solution to try to mitigate the damage from a massive self inflicted mistake (the invasion of the Muslim hoards) is to make a deal with the Mafia (Erdoğan), ya, you are pretty certainly well ****ed.
When reading a posters uttering that shows that he can't distinguish between stockpiles and large groups of people, you're really screwed if you start even considering anything else in their post.:mrgreen:

I'll correct that: "your really screwed" and "there post".

want to have some exchange at eye level, doesn't we.:2razz:

but can inevitably become that on account of posts like #71.

The ideas are not connected to the speaker, or should not be, would not be if we were better:

The rise of Yiannopoulos can help to explain the rise of Donald Trump. Both have attracted followers that feel silenced, ignored, and invalidated by the left. Both will continue to receive sympathy and exposure if their opponents continue to aggressively and instinctually dismiss their views. And perhaps both can be defeated—or at least weakened—through respectful and empathic discourse. More broadly, the story of Yiannopoulos is useful to understand today’s political climate. There is an ever-growing number of Americans—liberals and conservatives—who feel like their voices are not being heard. Americans are increasingly identifying with their party, race, gender, or sexuality—and are judging the quality of an argument on the identity of the speaker. A political system established to encourage discourse and compromise has succumbed to partisan bickering. In order to save it, we may need to confront those we most disagree with, listen empathically, and fight the urge to silence or invalidate them. Perhaps we can start with Milo Yiannopoulos[/B].
Why People Love Trump: A Case Study of Milo Yiannopoulos - Harvard Political Review

Kindly stick to the ideas, rather than indulging yourself with your fantasies of who the speaker is, this is the INTERNET! after all.

Again, thank you for your cooperation.

Last edited:
When reading a posters uttering that shows that he can't distinguish between stockpiles and large groups of people, you're really screwed if you start even considering anything else in their post.:mrgreen:

I'll correct that: "your really screwed" and "there post".

want to have some exchange at eye level, doesn't we.:2razz:

I was an engineering major at a so so state school, you know what I am trying to say, get over yourself.

BTW: I did not like students who played "GOTCHA" with my profs either.

Great time wasters they are at the least.

Supreme pricks at the most.

And I always tell the truth.

Prioritize well.

Please.

tyvm.

The ideas are not connected to the speaker, or should not be, would not be if we were better:....~
So if what you proffer is not connected to you, are you then connected with your ideas (those that you proffer)?

Because if neither applies what would be the point of having an exchange with you at all? Indeed what would be the point of you having any exchange with anyone?

Kindly stick to the ideas, rather than indulging yourself with your fantasies of who the speaker is,
I'll stick with what I find pertinent because that is my call (not yours).
this is the INTERNET! after all.
all things considered a non-sequitur.

Again, thank you for your cooperation.
no need to be hasty.:lol:
I was an engineering major at a so so state school, you know what I am trying to say, get over yourself.
Well I'll grant the "trying". Now if you were to get over yourself and go beyond just proffering otherwise unsubstantiated rants (in the post initiating this exchange) you would possibly actually succeed in saying something.

BTW: I did not like students who played "GOTCHA" with my profs either.
errrhhhh.............just to prioritize well.................you're not my prof.

Let's keep that in mind, shall we.

So if what you proffer is not connected to you, are you then connected with your ideas (those that you proffer)?

Because if neither applies what would be the point of having an exchange with you at all? Indeed what would be the point of you having any exchange with anyone?

To explore explore the nature of reality. Two sets of eyes are better than one. Two brains are better than one. The wisdom of the crowd. Diversity is GOOD....

Oh never mind, if you cant understand this basic stuff without tutoring then clearly you are in no position to help me.

:bon_voyag

Last edited:
I know maybe (and maybe not) other countries would leave if England does. Maybe the EU would become smaller. But will it survive at all, or will it cease to exist eventually? Although of course not right away.

In it's present form, no.
The UK is the only one of the "big five" likely to leave the EU. Spain and Italy are in no shape to get by on their own. France seems to think that it is the primary benefactor of the whole arrangement, and Germany actually is.
So at the moment everyone is waiting to see what it does. The EU has a history of attempting to bully small entities that won't dance to it's tune, so the UK would be a very useful ally in that regard.

If the UK left, there would most likely be some kind of domino effect that would see other countries leaving.
Most likely, those would initially consist of net contributing countries, since they would have much less reason to stay than those who are net recipients of EU handouts.
Also the EU presently has a huge public relations advantage, but that balance would shift dramatically once leaving countries started doing their own PR which didn't align with the goals of the EU.
So financial and public support would most likely be weakened, requiring some sort of policy change on the part of the EU. Given it's history and the history of monolithic bureaucracies in general, I wouldn't bet on any spectacular outcome in that regard.

Whether any such chain of events would eventually lead to a federal state consisting of the remaining countries or to practical disbandment is impossible to predict.
But what I am actually most concerned about personally, is what would happen to NATO if the EU was to act on any grudge it migt hold against leaving countries, rather than attempting to cooperate with them.

It will survive, but it may shift policy as other nations who feel it does not benefit them may also want out. It makes leaving seem like more of a real option for others.

The EU would survive. The UK would not. Scotland would declare independence within 5 years. Wales within 10. Northern Ireland merely awaits the demographic shift that places the catholic population in the majority; at current rates of change that will have occurred by the 2021 census. Let's be clear, the EU is not dealing with a UK problem, but with an English problem.

Northern Ireland could be an interesting one given that those who live there can claim citizenship in the South regardless of political or religious affilliation. If we leave and the economy goes down the ****ter (and NI was never in a great place anyway) then i could imagine many from the Nationalist side choosing this option, and maybe many from the Unionist community doing so on a pragmatic basis (who wouldnt want the right to escape a recession and live anywhere in Europe) so what you could well see is moderates, the well educated and the young all leaving en masse. Which is unlikey to benefit the peace process.

I'm waiting patiently to see what happens as I have a visit to UK later in the year and I'm looking to try to get GBP on the cheap. As for the EU, hopefully they reform and stop being so intrusive into individual countries. They should try to stick to economic issues and be patient, but until they can do a better job of assimilating immigrants, the road ahead doesn't look smooth.

Back
Top Bottom