• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Willl the EU survive if England votes to leave?

Will the EU survive without England?

• EU will survive

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • EU will evenutally cease to exist

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters
The EU was a very bad idea from the beginning anyway.... unless their eventual intention was to have one big nation of united states, along the lines of the USA. otherwise, why give up so much soveriegnity. The brits will be better served to exit the EU.
...........and this gem of information you base on what?

I mean what with all the emotive arguments from both sides running rampant and the lack of sustainable figures (either way) being justly decried, if this is merely just another gut jerk feeling, it's great in subtracting from the clarification of nothing.

Congratulations

Funny how that isn't said of the Poles, the Czechs, the Greeks, the Serbs, Benelux, Scandinavians in general and, if one likes, the lion's share of the Brit army scarpering at Dunkirk.

Etc.

Whassamatter, was a Paris waiter rude to you once?

Xenophobes rarely travel abroad.

It may most likely in time thrive without the often obstructionist British governments making decision making more difficult than necessary.

Also, I am not sure parts of the UK will not want to remain within the EU and will leave the United Kingdom and make it 4 different countries rather than 1 nation.

...........and this gem of information you base on what?

I mean what with all the emotive arguments from both sides running rampant and the lack of sustainable figures (either way) being justly decried, if this is merely just another gut jerk feeling, it's great in subtracting from the clarification of nothing.

Congratulations

I observed the EU to be part of a large banking conglomerate, BOE, UCB, BOJ, IMF, World Bank, AND US FED, being used to stabilize FIAT currency and control (NWO) World economies. That means the most powerful opponent of Brexit will be the USA. I, personally, worry about the security of the voting machines and/or tabulation software.

I know maybe (and maybe not) other countries would leave if England does. Maybe the EU would become smaller. But will it survive at all, or will it cease to exist eventually? Although of course not right away.

The EU has always been dominated by Germany and France- the UK doesnt even use the Euro as its currency. A better question to ask is if the UK will unravel once Scotland votes for independence.

The EU was a very bad idea from the beginning anyway.... unless their eventual intention was to have one big nation of united states, along the lines of the USA. otherwise, why give up so much soveriegnity. The brits will be better served to exit the EU.

The EU was a great idea and still is a great concept but the countries have to make sure that the national identities and decision making on issues that should remain in the hands of the national governments/parliaments. But as a whole the EU has served it's purpose, stronger economic ties, smarter and more streamlined customs rules, easier transport rules, better and more equal taxation rules, etc. etc. etc.

It also has opened national markets and enabled workers to move around the EU to go where there was and is work for their specific qualifications.

It has improved the wealth of the entire EU and will remain to do so, maybe even more without the British holding us back. We may receive a bit less contribution but it will make the decision making more streamlined and it will mean the rebate the British get (which other EU countries do not get) will no longer have to be paid out. Sure, the customs costs may go up a bit but there is always a lot of costs that will disappear with regard to the UK.

For me I would have no issues if they were to stay but I also would have no problem if they left. The only thing that will improve is that more companies will start moving their headquarters and business from the UK to Europe proper and that the British stock market will lose it's leading role to the German and French stock markets.

I observed the EU to be part of a large banking conglomerate, BOE, UCB, BOJ, IMF, World Bank, AND US FED, being used to stabilize FIAT currency and control (NWO) World economies.
Part and parcel I'd say, not just of the EU but of everywhere.

The question arises though whether a Brexit would "heal" the UK of this affliction or whether, indeed, it wouldn't be worse off on the outside of even this.
That means the most powerful opponent of Brexit will be the USA.
.....for a variety of economic reasons that go way beyond this.
I, personally, worry about the security of the voting machines and/or tabulation software.
The shenanigans of NSA, GCHQ and all the other scoundrels notwithstanding, my personal paranoia day is Tuesday. So it's a bit too early for me right now and come Thursday it'll be too late. :mrgreen:

I have never had faith that the EU would, or could, survive indefinitely. I have little faith in humanity to completely and permanently disregard nationalism and nationalistic pride. I believe we have already seen signs of this, and not just from Britain.

I have never had faith that the EU would, or could, survive indefinitely. I have little faith in humanity to completely and permanently disregard nationalism and nationalistic pride. I believe we have already seen signs of this, and not just from Britain.

It would have helped had the EU been built on a sound foundation, to include honesty. But now it clearly has massive structural problems and now the stories are out about how the builders used lies and cheats to get their pretty building up. There is no reason for the people to trust either the building nor those who promote it, so let's not blame the little people, MKay?

It would have helped had the EU been built on a sound foundation, to include honesty. But now it clearly has massive structural problems and now the stories are out about how the builders used lies and cheats to get their pretty building up. There is no reason for the people to trust either the building nor those who promote it, so let's not blame the little people, MKay?
What I meant was that the little people will overthrow it. How and when to be determined.

What I meant was that the little people will overthrow it. How and when to be determined.

Ya, but I am claiming that the little people are right.

Are you?

Right about what?

That the reality of the EU is not something that deserves their support. There are two choices because it is such a mess, either end it or make it a nation, and because the bus has been so poorly driven to date the only sensible choice is to end it.

That the reality of the EU is not something that deserves their support. There are two choices because it is such a mess, either end it or make it a nation, and because the bus has been so poorly driven to date the only sensible choice is to end it.
Can you say they're right... in the present tense? Do they (in large enough numbers) realize it? I'm not sure that they do.

I believe the EU will fail for more juvenile reasons. Nationalistic pride. Government leaders setting themselves up as "haves" at the expense of average people is nothing new or unique. Happens everywhere, even currently in the US.

because the bus has been so poorly driven to date the only sensible choice is to end it.

You've had some bloody awful governments in the US in recent years. Some would argue that Bush's administration was appalling. Others think Obama has been the worst president of all time. Given those records of DUI, would you argue that the United States should be disbanded?

You've had some bloody awful governments in the US in recent years. Some would argue that Bush's administration was appalling. Others think Obama has been the worst president of all time. Given those records of DUI, would you argue that the United States should be disbanded?

Reformed, and if the elite refuse then the leadership must be decapitated.

But keep in mind that if Ya'll are better off it aint by much.

But then we are not a neither here nor there mutant.

The EU is, it will not work in its current form.

Europe has only two choices.

All in or all out.

Sorry.

Last edited:
Germany is the economic powerhouse of the EU plus the UK uses pounds as opposed to euros

I'd be good with that for the EU. Doesn't make me want to destroy the whole thing.

What you have must be destroyed, it does not work, it can not work, and according to some it was never supposed to work.....it was supposed to be part of the runway for dissolving the nations of Europe so that the Utopia could be built.

What you have must be destroyed, it does not work, it can not work, and according to some it was never supposed to work.....it was supposed to be part of the runway for dissolving the nations of Europe so that the Utopia could be built.

You've been freaked out by the Rosicrucians, Elders of Zion, and Bilderbergers again, haven't you?

Perhaps the better answer to all this might be in finding resolution to the reasons inspiring the BREXIT movement in the first place.

Perhaps the better answer to all this might be in finding resolution to the reasons inspiring the BREXIT movement in the first place.

If they vote EXIT I think time is up, the next major recession is near, even if the elite would finally figure out a good plan the people will not allow time to try it.

Back
Top Bottom