• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will american girls like me ? [W:92]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, different cultures are different. Nothing major about it

Wouldn't you think other countries would like that Americans spend a lot of money? That's a good thing for them, no? :)

Wouldn't you think other countries would like that Americans spend a lot of money? That's a good thing for them, no? :)

Well, in many situations people are certainly overly polite and welcoming. The downside of that is they are constantly trying to rip you off and over charge you.

Well, in many situations people are certainly overly polite and welcoming. The downside of that is they are constantly trying to rip you off and over charge you.

I've heard of children in third world countries that will run up to you and try to pick pocket you! :lol:

oversexed overpaid & over here

I've heard of children in third world countries that will run up to you and try to pick pocket you! :lol:

that could probably happen anywhere, tbh.

I am very respectful , very nice , and I treat people with dignity , regardless of nationality . I'm young - 24 , I speak a couple of languages , and absolutely love music and movies.

Only problem is - i'm an israeli . which is not the best nationality in the world . I know israeli boys are known for being rude , aggresive and disgusting . i'm not however . But i don't think the fact i'm not like the other israelis will help me make an american girl , or a bunch , like me .

I'm moving to Florida for my studies , with a lot of insecurities . That's why i'm asking .

nah , i like my americanized accent . Israeli accents are ugly .

Oh my.

Quite a contradiction to your first sentence in your OP there. Your post is hardly respectful and therefore it's impossible to take you seriously. Btw, I've travelled extensively throughout Israel and her surrounding Territories and don't share your opinion that Israeli accents are ugly.

that could probably happen anywhere, tbh.

I'm not denying that. Just saying what I've heard to watch out for when traveling to some foreign countries. There are specific crimes and areas that they warn you about apparently.

I'm not denying that. Just saying what I've heard to watch out for when traveling to some foreign countries. There are specific crimes and areas that they warn you about apparently.

wel naturally if there is more poverty there is a better chance that as a "rich" foreigner you're going to get robbed. But stuff like pick pockets, room robbers and sale scams are pretty ubiquitous where you have lots of travelers

wel naturally if there is more poverty there is a better chance that as a "rich" foreigner you're going to get robbed. But stuff like pick pockets, room robbers and sale scams are pretty ubiquitous where you have lots of travelers

That's true. You should always be aware no matter where you're traveling.

I am very respectful , very nice , and I treat people with dignity , regardless of nationality . I'm young - 24 , I speak a couple of languages , and absolutely love music and movies.

Only problem is - i'm an israeli . which is not the best nationality in the world . I know israeli boys are known for being rude , aggresive and disgusting . i'm not however . But i don't think the fact i'm not like the other israelis will help me make an american girl , or a bunch , like me .

I'm moving to Florida for my studies , with a lot of insecurities . That's why i'm asking .

LOL Well, it will help if you try to adapt a little to American expectations while still keeping an air of foreign difference.

Brush your teeth, shower regularly, don't douse yourself in cologne, and maintain proper personal spacing (Americans have a major personal space taboo i.e. we are not automatically touchy feely and like to get to know people before they crowd, touch, and lean on us) and you should do fine.

One advantage you have will be that you are exotic, meaning not the normal type of guy a girl would be likely to meet. Some girls will be intrigued by the fact you are NOT American.

I wouldn't worry too much. :)

LOL Well, it will help if you try to adapt a little to American expectations while still keeping an air of foreign difference.

Brush your teeth, shower regularly, don't douse yourself in cologne, and maintain proper personal spacing (Americans have a major personal space taboo i.e. we are not automatically touchy feely and like to get to know people before they crowd, touch, and lean on us) and you should do fine.

One advantage you have will be that you are exotic, meaning not the normal type of guy a girl would be likely to meet. Some girls will be intrigued by the fact you are NOT American.

I wouldn't worry too much. :)

IOW, don't behave like Manolo on Scarface? :lol:

The irony here is that America would actually be better off if it had more prejudice against Israel.

As it stands right now, consider your nationality an asset--Americans have been told repeatedly by their mainstream media that all Jews are the good people of the Earth, and their knowledge of the world is strictly limited to what they watch on their own TV.

The irony here is that America would actually be better off if it had more prejudice against Israel.

As it stands right now, consider your nationality an asset--Americans have been told repeatedly by their mainstream media that all Jews are the good people of the Earth, and their knowledge of the world is strictly limited to what they watch on their own TV.

That was completely unnecessary.

You do realize this is not the "political" section, it's the "dating & relationship" section?

Yes, American girls will like you. American girls tend to be drawn toward men who are not from America. :lol:

Nobody will ever love you. You can't make a proper forum thread and have just 1 talking point on your agenda. good girls do not like boys who can't talk on multiple subjects.

Are you reluctant for some reason to state where you learned English? If you're a "foreigner," did you learn English here or in your own country? I'm very interested in ESL issues.

i learned english in my own country mainly in school.

Oh my.

Quite a contradiction to your first sentence in your OP there. Your post is hardly respectful and therefore it's impossible to take you seriously. Btw, I've travelled extensively throughout Israel and her surrounding Territories and don't share your opinion that Israeli accents are ugly.

everyone has it's own opinion. Some say british accents are hot but some say they are annoying .

everyone has it's own opinion. Some say british accents are hot but some say they are annoying .

What is a British accent? We have dozens of distinguishable and completely different accents. I'm pretty confident of being able to identify someone's point of origin to within 50km by listening to their accent.

There really is no such thing as a British accent. You mention British accents, plural, but given how different they all are anyone saying they find them all either hot or annoying would be making a fatuous statement.

Orwell said they were stupid, eager to spend money, and gullible in "down and out in Paris and London". And it's a view that still seems to hold up

based on my experience americans are better than israelis. Although one time in Vienna , a group of americans were very noisy and loud, and I didn't see other tourists acting like that.

That aside , what you say about the ugly israelis abroad is true but only in certain countries like Thailand , Greece , Cyprus , Turkey, and some parts of south America. In the USA , Australia , Europe and elswhere you'll barely see the ugly israelis ('cause they only go where it's cheap) .

Regardless , I'm ashamed to be apart of a people that has these sort of people that act badly. No other people has it . And this is why no american girl will want me . Either your people is perfect , like aussies , british , germans , or is it infected .

l believe reasonable people may still realize every nation consists of both good and evil ones

l totally agree with the last part and dont get surprised anymore when l see some friends claim north korea is a devil :mrgreen:

Yes, American girls will like you. American girls tend to be drawn toward men who are not from America. :lol:

the same thing is valid for the men l think :mrgreen:

based on my experience americans are better than israelis. Although one time in Vienna , a group of americans were very noisy and loud, and I didn't see other tourists acting like that.

That aside , what you say about the ugly israelis abroad is true but only in certain countries like Thailand , Greece , Cyprus , Turkey, and some parts of south America. In the USA , Australia , Europe and elswhere you'll barely see the ugly israelis ('cause they only go where it's cheap) .

Regardless , I'm ashamed to be apart of a people that has these sort of people that act badly. No other people has it . And this is why no american girl will want me . Either your people is perfect , like aussies , british , germans , or is it infected .

no , we turks usually think ( except a radical minority of turkish muslims ) jews are our friends and we believe they like turkey more than any other ME country around

teh reason why they used to visit turkey was their gambling addiction ,not turkey's cheapness

now it is illegal in turkey and they prefer cyprus

if your claims are true , it means it is mostly europeans who dont like jews although they behave in those countries ::roll:

I am not American ... and I am probably too old for you to worry about whether I like you or not, but I expect that American girls are not all the same, any more than Israelis are.

My late son had several Israeli friends who stayed with us at various times over the years. I never found these boys to be rude or aggressive , and they mixed well with a lot of different people - both males and females, and people from different countries.

my advice is - be yourself. if you come across as genuine, you are more likely to find people who relate to you, and these will be the kind of people you will want to know.

lols - let me tell you Aussies are definitely not perfect!

and neither are the Brits!

The Germans seem pretty civilized, but I have met a few of them who are also wanting!

As medusa says, there are good and bad in every nation ... some people just behave really badly when they are on holiday - not because of their nationality, but because they think people at home won't find out ... or maybe they just behave like that anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom