• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wile Night In Texas....Abortion Filibuster [W:122]

The stupid bible started all this rank bull****. That book was written by primitive camel herders who believed in witches and thought the earth was flat. You folks have been found out. You would be wise to find something to believe that at least falls in the 18th or 19th century.

LOL - I'm an atheist. . .keep digging, maybe you'll find tea.

LOL - I'm an atheist. . .keep digging, maybe you'll find tea.

Hahaha....Texas tea!

Hey look Campbell, an atheist with common sense! Something most liberals don't have an ounce of. How disappointed are you that you can't blame "GAWD" for her opinion????

What it really boils down to is a bunch of old dry cod men trying to govern what a woman and her physician decide is best for her own health and circumstances. The 2000 year old fairy tales contain a whole lot of bull****.

You're liberal. You guys wanted bigger government, more regulations, and more government involvement in health care. Here it is! You guys got what you wanted.

Why is it ok to have regulations on hospitals, or 'death panels' deciding who gets treatment, but abortions should be completely unregulated and able to be performed anywhere?

Even with this legislation, Texas would have one of the most liberal abortion policies in the world (US excluded). Why should a woman get to take her ****ing time waiting 20 weeks to perform an abortion?

How can ANY decision take 20 ****ing weeks? Unreasonable.

The stupid bible started all this rank bull****. That book was written by primitive camel herders who believed in witches and thought the earth was flat. You folks have been found out. You would be wise to find something to believe that at least falls in the 18th or 19th century.

Not everyone who doesn't like babies being killed is a religionist. You're making up attacks because your own arguments are failing.

If anything, a religious view should support abortion. If you believe in heaven, that aborted baby will just go to heaven to be with "jesus". If you believe there's nothing after death, like I do, you realize that when you extinguish a life it's gone forever. That makes life far, far more important.

Last edited:
This is what liberalism has relegated child bearing to. Liberals like Campbell are completely indoctrinated, that they can't even be reasonable when it comes to abortion. 20 weeks is 5 months, and look, Campbell is still wetting the bed over it.

Tells you EVERYTHING you need to know about the radical, moronic, amoral left.

Let this be a lesson to all.

Never, ever let them lie to your face with that "safe, legal, and rare" bull****. They just care about the "legal" part, which is the main point of contention, and then they throw in those other two in a halfhearted attempt to pretend to be reasonable. They don't care about rare, and after last night, they clearly don't care about safe.

it's God.

I'm pretty offended by god.

Particularly in the abortion case it's never good to bring god up.

God seems to have had no qualms about killing children when it suited his cause... Why would god punish every first born in Egypt instead of their parents that actually committed the crimes against gods people?

Let this be a lesson to all.

Never, ever let them lie to your face with that "safe, legal, and rare" bull****. They just care about the "legal" part, which is the main point of contention, and then they throw in those other two in a halfhearted attempt to pretend to be reasonable. They don't care about rare, and after last night, they clearly don't care about safe.

Oh believe me, I know.

This single issue is what is going to end up crushing progressivism. With advances in technology, like 3D sonograms, women have the ability to lay eyes on what's growing inside them. That does something to a person. To peer inside your own body and see a heart beating! To see fingers and toes, eyes and ears. To see the baby move and stretch.

Why do you think liberals fight so hard against mandated sonograms before an abortion? It's because they know what the natural reaction is, and how it would reduce the number of abortions.

This single issue gives one the BEST understanding of liberal progressivism and how far they are willing to go to hold on to power. What they are willing to support. It's almost unimaginable to me.

God seems to have had no qualms about killing children when it suited his cause... Why would god punish every first born in Egypt instead of their parents that actually committed the crimes against gods people?

That was Pharaoh's order, not God's. God simply turned Pharaoh's order on himself. Not to mention, that was the last of ten miraculous plagues God punished Egypt with. And after all that, Pharaoh still would not submit to God.

Submission: the same problem liberals today have, was the same problem Pharaoh had, which caused him and his people to suffer the righteous judgment of God.

It boils down to this: who is the center of the universe? You? Or God?

A wise woman recently said that it's too bad her grandmother didn't have access to "reproductive services" and was forced into an unwanted pregnancy. That woman's name? Chelsea Clinton Mezvinsky.

That was Pharaoh's order, not God's. God simply turned Pharaoh's order on himself. Not to mention, that was the last of ten miraculous plagues God punished Egypt with. And after all that, Pharaoh still would not submit to God.

Submission: the same problem liberals today have, was the same problem Pharaoh had, which caused him and his people to suffer the righteous judgment of God.

It boils down to this: who is the center of the universe? You? Or God?

So god is as petty as the human pharaoh?

How can it matter what the reason is?

He still killed children.

You obviously don't know the story well. Pharaoh ordered that in all of Egypt, the first born be slain, because it was Moses who was the first born. But God instructed Moses to cover their door posts with blood, and that the angel of death would pass them by.

Moses obeyed, and so did his people. They were spared, whereas Pharaoh's people were not.

Here again, obedience and submission to God saved them.

Did he? Or did Pharaoh's disobedience kill them? Or did Pharaoh's constant mocking of God kill them?

Doesn't matter right?

To question God's judgement is to replace God with self. Which is why I brought up the fundamental question, who is the center of the universe? You? Or God?

Answer that one first. Tackle questioning God's will later.

You obviously don't know the story well. Pharaoh ordered that in all of Egypt, the first born be slain, because it was Moses who was the first born. But God instructed Moses to cover their door posts with blood, and that the angel of death would pass them by.

Moses obeyed, and so did his people. They were spared, whereas Pharaoh's people were not.

Here again, obedience and submission to God saved them.

Was it really nessecary to kill innocent children for any reason?

I think not.

In addition, God gave Egypt and Pharaoh every opportunity to witness Him, submit themselves, and obey. But pride, disbelief, and arrogance prevented them from seeing God. Then they were punished, but only after all the warnings. After the final plague, Pharaoh relented and released the Jews. But soon after, his rage brought him back, and he sent out his armies to recapture the Jews. That's when God performed another miracle that even the Egyptians witnessed. He parted the Red Sea, and Pharaoh's armies were swallowed up.

God punishes the wicked. But only after many, many attempts to bring them back to obedience.

In addition, God gave Egypt and Pharaoh every opportunity to witness Him, submit themselves, and obey. But pride, disbelief, and arrogance prevented them from seeing God. Then they were punished, but only after all the warnings. After the final plague, Pharaoh relented and released the Jews. But soon after, his rage brought him back, and he sent out his armies to recapture the Jews. That's when God performed another miracle that even the Egyptians witnessed. He parted the Red Sea, and Pharaoh's armies were swallowed up.

God punishes the wicked. But only after many, many attempts to bring them back to obedience.

Why were the innocent children of Egypt a nessecary target?

Why not kill pharaoh and all who benefited from the enslavement of the Jewish people?

Why were the innocent children of Egypt a nessecary target?

Why not kill pharaoh and all who benefited from the enslavement of the Jewish people?

Why ask God why? Trying to understand God through human intellect is like an ant trying to understand why algebra makes sense. You'll drive yourself to atheism doing so.

My only explanation is Pharaoh thought HE was the center of the universe, not God. After all, Pharaohs didn't submit to anyone or anything. Therefore, God took Pharaoh's order, and turned it against him.

God isn't a "President", or a "Prime minister", he's the center of the universe. He's God. The lesson to take away from the Exodus story is obedience. Pharaoh had numerous opportunities to obey, and he refused. Willfully.

Ask yourself this, if you sat by for years, witnessing miraculous signs from God, would you submit and obey? Or would you harden your heart like Pharaoh? Remember, God had proven himself time and time again, yet Pharaoh still refused to submit and obey.

The same story is true throughout the ages. God reveals himself to the world, even becoming incarnate of human flesh, yet many reject Him and choose disobedience.

Last edited:
Why ask God why? Trying to understand God through human intellect is like an ant trying to understand why algebra makes sense. You'll drive yourself to atheism doing so.

no it's really quite simple.

There are two explanations why god would kill innocent children.

1) god is as petty as man. Angry and vengeful.

2) the story is fiction.

Point is for you, god is this all powerful being, perfect and above reproach, who would never tolerate the killing of children in any circumstance including the killing if the unborn in cases of rape and incest... Yet it's proven within your fictional universe of historical events he has no qualms about killing innocent children when it suits him and was convenient.

no it's really quite simple.

There are two explanations why god would kill innocent children.

1) god is as petty as man. Angry and vengeful.

2) the story is fiction.

Point is for you, god is this all powerful being, perfect and above reproach, who would never tolerate the killing of children in any circumstance including the killing if the unborn in cases of rape and incest... Yet it's proven within your fictional universe of historical events he has no qualms about killing innocent children when it suits him and was convenient.

If the stories are fictional, why are you using them to batter my argument?

If you believe the stories to be fictional, you can't then use them as a basis for any argument against what I've explained to you.

If they are fictional, then you can't really believe God killed anyone!

Because my point of view is irrelevant to you.

What matters to you is your point of view and if I have to use some of the things you believe to destroy the faulty reasoning of the extremist idiotic far right crap you believe... I will.

Lol....in that case, 85% of the country that describe themselves as "Christians" have been found out. We see what your true offense is Campbell, and its not conservatives, it's God.

For the first time since the settlers came here after they had found out the churches in Europe...Christianity has peaked and is on it's way down. Now 1 in 5 Americans state that they have no religious or spiritual activity in their life. It's the youth....those smart little ****ers have caught on and they cannot be brainwashed with an ancient fairy tale. That's another demographic which will be voting Democrat...and it's growing.

Because my point of view is irrelevant to you.

What matters to you is your point of view and if I have to use some of the things you believe to destroy the faulty reasoning of the extremist idiotic far right crap you believe... I will.

Thus proving you have elevated yourself to the center of the universe. It's no surprise your inability to comprehend God leads you into unbelief. You can't believe because you can't comprehend. You have elevated your limited human ability to understand or know the will of God, simply because it doesn't make sense to YOU.

It's merely YOUR assessment that God killed children simply for convenience, or pettiness. Did God tell you that? Or are you simply presuming the will of God? God created those children. He didn't kill them, the sin of man did. For the wages of sin is death. Would God have killed them if Pharaoh had obeyed God's will? No. God also destroyed Sodom and Gamorrah. But go read THAT story as well. He gave them numerous opportunities to obey, but they rejected Him and disobeyed.

God still possesses wrath, but after the new covenant with man through Christ, we are saved through GRACE AND MERCY. I doubt you understand this, much less care.

For the first time since the settlers came here after they had found out the churches in Europe...Christianity has peaked and is on it's way down. Now 1 in 5 Americans state that they have no religious or spiritual activity in their life. It's the youth....those smart little ****ers have caught on and they cannot be brainwashed with an ancient fairy tale. That's another demographic which will be voting Democrat...and it's growing.

Until they find out liberal ideology destroys their god.....wealth. Then they'll become republicans like most grown adults do.

Well, I'm sure God is disappointed by this, but don't worry you will stand before this God one day to give account of your life. Let's see how that works out for you. Oh and Campbell, this goes for you too.

Back
Top Bottom