• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why wont Trump apologize?

I think the first thing that needs to be explained is how one gets from, "I've always wanted one of those.", to, "he'd always wanted to be decorated for being wounded in war".

Myself...I just don't see the connection.

Well, how do you get a Purple Heart? Or do you think he meant he always wanted to be handed one as a gift?

For starters, with that recipe don't ever invite me over for Thanksgiving dinner.

That might be true but only because she lets herself be controlled so rigidly. And when she has spoken she knows criticism won't follow. Ever watch her speak? Can't even deliver an insult without looking at notes.

I already told you he should know better. But you can't bring yourself to admit she's getting a free media ride. C'mon ... you'll feel liberated.

btw, Pai Mai would say the same thing.
Ha! Hillary is a very flawed candidate....too much corrupt baggage. That's why I will not vote for her either. But this thread was not about Hillary, it was about Trump. Like it or not, she's more composed, reserved, and much more comfortable in the political arena. While Trumpsters rail against that, and shout "See, she's establishment......an insider!" the fact remains, governing IS POLITICAL by nature. What, you think if Trump gets elected, every other world leader and every other elected official in Washington is somehow just going to stop playing the politics game and bow to Trump's faux "authority"?

Question: Just how much policy do you expect your master to push through without politically "greasing palms" and playing the politics game?? What fantasy world do you guys live in? :lol:

Well, how do you get a Purple Heart? Or do you think he meant he always wanted to be handed one as a gift?

I don't know. Perhaps that's how he's always wanted to get one. Fact is, though, that's how he DID get one.

Anyway, are you going to explain the connection? "I've always wanted one of those." "he'd always wanted to be decorated for being wounded in war"

btw, I'm not interested in your speculation and I have no knowledge of what Trump meant. Come up with something substantial, if you can.

Ha! Hillary is a very flawed candidate....too much corrupt baggage. That's why I will not vote for her either. But this thread was not about Hillary, it was about Trump. Like it or not, she's more composed, reserved, and much more comfortable in the political arena. While Trumpsters rail against that, and shout "See, she's establishment......an insider!" the fact remains, governing IS POLITICAL by nature. What, you think if Trump gets elected, every other world leader and every other elected official in Washington is somehow just going to stop playing the politics game and bow to Trump's faux "authority"?

Question: Just how much policy do you expect your master to push through without politically "greasing palms" and playing the politics game?? What fantasy world do you guys live in? :lol:

I'm thinking Trump has the ability to change the game. Whether he succeeds or not remains to be seen.

But one thing we DO know is that Hillary cannot be trusted to play the game according to the US's best interests. She has an extensive record of playing the political game with her OWN ends in mind.

I don't want to give her the chance.

I don't know. Perhaps that's how he's always wanted to get one. Fact is, though, that's how he DID get one.

Anyway, are you going to explain the connection? "I've always wanted one of those." "he'd always wanted to be decorated for being wounded in war"

btw, I'm not interested in your speculation and I have no knowledge of what Trump meant. Come up with something substantial, if you can.

Listen. I don't play stupid semantic games with idiots. Trump said, "I've always wanted one of these." about a medal awarded for being wounded in war. You can contort those words into whatever fiction suits your agenda but I won't be involved anymore.

I'm thinking Trump has the ability to change the game.
How so? Please be specific. No one's been able to answer that specifically for me yet. From what I see at least a quarter of his own party even seems to be bailing on him.
But one thing we DO know is that Hillary cannot be trusted to play the game according to the US's best interests.
Really? How can we know that for certain? Predicting the future now?
I don't want to give her the chance.
Many people don't want to give the Trump gamble a chance. The stakes are kind of high to be gambling on the completely unpredictable, wouldn't you say? Truly, I don't want to give either a chance....but looks like we're past the point of no return on that issue. Thank you angry, knee-jerk, misinformed voters.:applaud

Listen. I don't play stupid semantic games with idiots. Trump said, "I've always wanted one of these." about a medal awarded for being wounded in war. You can contort those words into whatever fiction suits your agenda but I won't be involved anymore.

Since you are trying to contort Trump's words into something else...but won't explain how you got to that something else...perhaps it's best if you are not involved anymore.

Specifics. Apologize for what?
Once you establish what it is you think needs an apology, we can then discuss whether not such an apology needs be given.

Well, for all of his obvious lies and for his barrage of personal attacks and childish bullying behavior (and that is just for starters).

How so? Please be specific. No one's been able to answer that specifically for me yet. From what I see at least a quarter of his own party even seems to be bailing on him.

He is used to dealing to his advantage...against a variety of people, organizations and countries. However, as I said, "Whether he succeeds or not remains to be seen."

Really? How can we know that for certain? Predicting the future now?

As I said..."She has an extensive record of playing the political game with her OWN ends in mind."

Dude...this is twice I quoted my self...when you had ignored what I said...in order to answer questions. Why are you wasting my time with this stuff?

Many people don't want to give the Trump gamble a chance. The stakes are kind of high to be gambling on the completely unpredictable, wouldn't you say? Truly, I don't want to give either a chance....but looks like we're past the point of no return on that issue. Thank you angry, knee-jerk, misinformed voters.:applaud

Yes, many people don't want to gamble on a possible successful Trump Presidency and are willing to choose the sure thing of a disastrous Hillary Presidency. I'm not one of them.

He is used to dealing to his advantage...against a variety of people, organizations and countries. However, as I said, "Whether he succeeds or not remains to be seen."
Yes, thank you....to HIS advantage. Even if it means outsourcing jobs to foreign countries and bringing in migrant workers to replace Americans? He's got a documented record of doing that. Nothing wrong with that though, right? Very American would you say? So, I'm still failing to see how this ruthless business nature of his coincides with what's in the best interests of ALL Americans??? Surely you've got something better than that?

As I said..."She has an extensive record of playing the political game with her OWN ends in mind."

Dude...this is twice I quoted my self...when you had ignored what I said...in order to answer questions. Why are you wasting my time with this stuff?
Quoting yourself, when you said nothing substantial or detailed the first time is pointless. You just made a general statement about things that Hillary has done in the past.....still does not explain to me how you KNOW she'd run the Whitehouse with ONLY "her own ends in mind". By the way, WHAT EXACTLY are her "ends"? What is it she secretly hopes to accomplish by subjecting herself to this grueling process? Please enlighten us. But be specific please. Anyone can talk in baseless generalities.....I'd like a little substance please. Thank you.

A serious question for Trump supporters, or obviously for anyone else who wishes to weigh in. I promise to try my best to not become too inflammatory with my words here, but I sincerely want to know why you feel Trump will never apologize for anything that he says? The common defense by Trump supporters when he retaliates against his critics with something nasty, unfounded, or completely inappropriate or un-presidential is........"Well, he just misspoke," or "that's not what he really meant."

If this is the case, then for the life of me, I cant understand why he simply won't take the high road and just admit it when he is wrong on an issue or when he "misspeaks." Can he help himself? Does anyone see this as a potential problem at this point in the campaign? Is it a potential problem for him should he somehow win the election? Serious questions people.

Being a lowlife is never saying you're sorry.

Trump supporters spend a lot of time explaining what he really meant.
Did he really say, "I've always wanted one of these.", as in he'd always wanted to be decorated for being wounded in war? Is that okay with you, given his aspirations to be President and Commander in Chief?

Do you somehow not understand that someone might want something, but not desire to go through what is required to get it?

Do you somehow not understand that someone might want something, but not desire to go through what is required to get it?

I want an Oscar. I don't want to do anything in entertainment to get it though. Some people might see a logistical barrier between my aim and the barrier I've put up in order to achieve it.

I want an Oscar. I don't want to do anything in entertainment to get it though. Some people might see a logistical barrier between my aim and the barrier I've put up in order to achieve it.

Of course, but you can still say I want an Oscar and not be referring to what is required to get it.

If Trump can get a Purple Heart that way, why can't you get an Oscar that same way?

If Trump can get a Purple Heart that way, why can't you get an Oscar that same way?

I certainly can. There are technically numerous ways I can get merit-based awards that I did absolutely nothing to earn.

Do you not hear yourself?
Ask yourself, what kind of person wants something like this. a medal for valour, is unwilling to pay the price for it, but accepts it anyway?

I've seen medals for sale in pawn shops and surplus stores and felt creepy, thinking of the effort and sacrifice it took to earn the medal and now it's for sale. Trump took one as a gift, saying he'd always wanted one. He probably doesn't know where that medal is today.

Yes, thank you....to HIS advantage. Even if it means outsourcing jobs to foreign countries and bringing in migrant workers to replace Americans? He's got a documented record of doing that. Nothing wrong with that though, right? Very American would you say? So, I'm still failing to see how this ruthless business nature of his coincides with what's in the best interests of ALL Americans??? Surely you've got something better than that?

There is nothing...except your bias induced belief...that indicates that Trump, as President, will work to his own advantage and not to America's advantage. There is every indication that he will use his skills to our country's advantage.

Quoting yourself, when you said nothing substantial or detailed the first time is pointless.

You ask questions that I already answered. If you didn't like my answers, why did you ask the questions? Were you expecting different answers?

You just made a general statement about things that Hillary has done in the past.....still does not explain to me how you KNOW she'd run the Whitehouse with ONLY "her own ends in mind". By the way, WHAT EXACTLY are her "ends"? What is it she secretly hopes to accomplish by subjecting herself to this grueling process? Please enlighten us. But be specific please. Anyone can talk in baseless generalities.....I'd like a little substance please. Thank you.

sigh...

I TOLD you...her past performance. What? Do you expect her to suddenly change? The lady has been in public service for decades and the thing she has serviced is herself.

In any case, you keep seemingly disagreeing with me, yet you provide no rebuttal. You just ask me for "more proof". Forget it. Deal with what I've already said...or quit wasting my time with your useless drivel.

shrug...

You can always try to impress someone who has an Oscar with your personal characteristics. They just might appreciate what you have done enough to give you theirs.

That's pretty much what Trump accomplished.

A serious question for Trump supporters, or obviously for anyone else who wishes to weigh in. I promise to try my best to not become too inflammatory with my words here, but I sincerely want to know why you feel Trump will never apologize for anything that he says? The common defense by Trump supporters when he retaliates against his critics with something nasty, unfounded, or completely inappropriate or un-presidential is........"Well, he just misspoke," or "that's not what he really meant."

If this is the case, then for the life of me, I cant understand why he simply won't take the high road and just admit it when he is wrong on an issue or when he "misspeaks." Can he help himself? Does anyone see this as a potential problem at this point in the campaign? Is it a potential problem for him should he somehow win the election? Serious questions people.

Late to the party and I'm gonna guess you've seen this response already but my guess is he sees it as a weakness. Apologizing = you made a mistake = being a human = vulnerability = panic and lies in his case

shrug...

You can always try to impress someone who has an Oscar with your personal characteristics. They just might appreciate what you have done enough to give you theirs.

That's pretty much what Trump accomplished.

To each their own. Being given a merit-based award for something I didn't do anything to earn directly would make me feel hollow.

"Wow, Cardinal, you have a Congressional Medal of Honor!"
"Yup, I'm pretty proud of it."
"So what did you do? Save an army platoon? Foil a plot to take over the government? Single handedly defeat an ISIS attack on an elementary school?"
"Oh...haha...no. I bought it at a yard sale."
"A....yard...."
"A yard sale...yes."
"Huh."

Because he has a giant ego. That's why he'll never apologize for anything.

there's a thin line between giant ego and massively insecure. I think he knows he's a fraud and is frantically trying to keep up appearances. He will do anything to keep from being exposed for empty headed monster that he is.

Late to the party and I'm gonna guess you've seen this response already but my guess is he sees it as a weakness. Apologizing = you made a mistake = being a human = vulnerability = panic and lies in his case

I think that is an accurate assessment.

To each their own. Being given a merit-based award for something I didn't do anything to earn directly would make me feel hollow.

"Wow, Cardinal, you have a Congressional Medal of Honor!"
"Yup, I'm pretty proud of it."
"So what did you do? Save an army platoon? Foil a plot to take over the government? Single handedly defeat an ISIS attack on an elementary school?"
"Oh...haha...no. I bought it at a yard sale."
"A....yard...."
"A yard sale...yes."
"Huh."

Trumps needs are so basic and uncomplicated. This was a form of attention and that's all he sees. He won't stop to think about the implications or meaning he'll just take it then run off for more from whoever is stupid enough to offer it.

Back
Top Bottom