• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why wont Trump apologize?

A serious question for Trump supporters, or obviously for anyone else who wishes to weigh in. I promise to try my best to not become too inflammatory with my words here, but I sincerely want to know why you feel Trump will never apologize for anything that he says? The common defense by Trump supporters when he retaliates against his critics with something nasty, unfounded, or completely inappropriate or un-presidential is........"Well, he just misspoke," or "that's not what he really meant."

If this is the case, then for the life of me, I cant understand why he simply won't take the high road and just admit it when he is wrong on an issue or when he "misspeaks." Can he help himself? Does anyone see this as a potential problem at this point in the campaign? Is it a potential problem for him should he somehow win the election? Serious questions people.

The same reason Hillary can't stop lying about her lying and breaking the law. They're both narcissists that believe what they say and do is irreproachable.

Hillary has a much longer record of stonewalling and never apologizing, but that could not possibly be relevant. *SARCASM*

Google search Hillary and apologize and tell me what you find.;)

Of course it doesn't make it so. But I do know that many people apparently share my sentiments. One need only search social media, and the interwebz to reach that conclusion.
So here is the thing.
That is based on your own personal biases.
Reality though is different.

Yes, in any case.....because it's nasty, personal, unnecessary, and uncalled for.........but a big yes if he'd said such things while running for POTUS. Words do matter.
iLOL
It wasn't an unprovoked attack. It was response to an attack by her.

Maybe you are (as some would idiotically categorize it) above that type of interaction, it does not preclude others from engaging in it or make it less appropriate for them to do so.

Has Hillary or Bill ever apologized for anything?

The press would go on an even greater Trump feeding frenzy.

Where is the apology for the careless handling of classified documents. Where was the apology when she accused someone of shooting at her when it was all a lie. She was Secretary of State and that is how you gain the respect of other countries by making up lies about being shot at in their country. I will takes Trumps statement that he has made sacrifices in his life over Hillary's accusations of being shot at when visiting a country as Secretary of State. Where was the outcry over slandering an entire country and it's people who were waving and cheering while she tells the world they tried to kill her. PLEASE.:screwy:screwy

You know, a good rule of thumb for these situations is to consider the intent of the words before you decide on how you feel about them. Did he mean to offend by the comment? No, he was just making a passing remark about the medal. There is really nothing else to it.

The issue I have is he is running for President not for some company job. How many world leaders would consider your advice when Trump makes one of his off comments?

Will they consider it to be just a passing comment?

Trump said he can be "Presidential". I have yet to see him demonstrate that.

Maybe you are (as some would idiotically categorize it) above that type of interaction, it does not preclude others from engaging in it or make it less appropriate for them to do so.
Dude, really? He is the GOP nominee for PRESIDENT of the US (I am not).......as such, shouldn't HE be above that type of interaction?

Dude, really? He is the GOP nominee for PRESIDENT of the US (I am not).......as such, shouldn't HE be above that type of interaction?
Dude really? Says who?
Maybe you haven't noticed, but things have changed. What was once relegated to the closed doors of Offices (Yes, even the President's Office) it no longer is.

And get this. It isn't going to go back to those days either.

Dude really? Says who?
Maybe you haven't noticed, but things have changed.
It may be cliché, but don't count your chickens before they hatch. Your boy is a long way from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue yet. GOP supporters are dropping off the Trump Train like leaves from a dead tree. :lol:
And get this. It isn't going to go back to those days either.
Really? Says who?

A serious question for Trump supporters, or obviously for anyone else who wishes to weigh in. I promise to try my best to not become too inflammatory with my words here, but I sincerely want to know why you feel Trump will never apologize for anything that he says? The common defense by Trump supporters when he retaliates against his critics with something nasty, unfounded, or completely inappropriate or un-presidential is........"Well, he just misspoke," or "that's not what he really meant."

If this is the case, then for the life of me, I cant understand why he simply won't take the high road and just admit it when he is wrong on an issue or when he "misspeaks." Can he help himself? Does anyone see this as a potential problem at this point in the campaign? Is it a potential problem for him should he somehow win the election? Serious questions people.

Because he is an ego maniac ***** who is so easily trolled into making completely stupid statements.

And people want that unstable idiot as president?

Last edited:
, but don't count your chickens before they hatch. Your boy is a long way from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue yet. GOP supporters are dropping off the Trump Train like leaves from a dead tree. :lol:
Your above reply has absolutely nothing to do with what I said.

Really? Says who?
It is called progression. You haven't noticed it?

Things change, slowly, but they do change.

Your above reply has absolutely nothing to do with what I said.
I wasn't really addressing your statement. Just making a general observation. I just neglected to take out that part of your quote. Sorry.

It is called progression. You haven't noticed it?

Things change, slowly, but they do change.
No, I've noticed nothing but a faux populist movement of sorts among typical GOP voters. I feel you may be disappointed when you come to the realization that the sweeping progression you seem to be alluding to, fails to materialize. Trump is not the grass-roots, populist avenger followers have made him out to be. He's as much an elitist and an insider as anyone who's ever run for office.

Has Hillary or Bill ever apologized for anything?

The press would go on an even greater Trump feeding frenzy.
Google search Hillary and apologize and take your pick.

Apologize for what?

Someone on CNN who supposedly has known Trump well for many years summed it up. "Trump never apologizes. Ever."

The way the libbos pounce on everything, an apology would make things even worse for him. Libbos make self correction and apologies impossible. You'll never hear a liberal politician apologize.

The way the libbos pounce on everything, an apology would make things even worse for him. Libbos make self correction and apologies impossible. You'll never hear a liberal politician apologize.

You just keep living in denial-world.

LOL

Again, that is too general a reference. It is also a fallacy, an "argument from omniscience," otherwise known as an Argumentum ad populum, claiming that everyone knows something when nothing could be further from the truth.

Why would I say that?

Simply look at the history of this entire campaign. There have been loud and angry protests given massive coverage by the media against Trump...and yet he won the nomination. There have been polls showing he is lagging...and then the polls swing the other way on a dime. There are partisans in this very Forum who seem to post as many threads as possible on every little foible great or small in order to color opinion...and yet most Trump supporters remain immovable.

You wonder why so few of us speak up in response at all? Please don't assume it's because his support has weakened to any great extent. Most Trump supporters are tired of the confrontations. They will express themselves in the voting booth.

So as Exccon has asked;

Yes, exactly which statements do you believe he should apologize for and maybe one or more of us will respond. :coffeepap:

Good plan... I think that's a good idea to keep quiet so that after Trump loses you can deny you ever voted for him. I bet a lot of you are thinking the same thing.

No, I've noticed nothing but a faux populist movement of sorts among typical GOP voters. I feel you may be disappointed when you come to the realization that the sweeping progression you seem to be alluding to, fails to materialize.
Sweeping progression? No, I said progression.

Bad manners, speech, appearance, etc... has been slowly progressing this way for a long time.
That you can't see that isn't my problem.

Trump is not the grass-roots, populist avenger followers have made him out to be. He's as much an elitist and an insider as anyone who's ever run for office.
Again you post something in reply that has nothing to do with what you quoted.

I don't think Trump should apologize for anything.

Let's face it...given the left's constant tactic of taking every single thing Trump says and does, twisting and spinning them until they bear no resemblance to the reality, if Trump started apologizing he would be doing nothing BUT apologizing...and for what? Because some snowflake is "offended" by something he said? Because some lawyer who stands to lose a lot of money attacks Trump and Trump...like anyone with a spine...attacks back?

No. Trump should NEVER apologize.

If you don't like what he says...don't vote for him.

Sweeping progression? No, I said progression.
So its not a "progression" that's affecting the entire nation then? Hmm, okay. Then I have no clue what you're even talking about. And apparently you don't either.

That you can't see that isn't my problem.
That you're making things up isn't my problem.

Again you post something in reply that has nothing to do with what you quoted.
Translation: You don't like what I said.

I don't think Trump should apologize for anything.

Let's face it...given the left's constant tactic of taking every single thing Trump says and does, twisting and spinning them until they bear no resemblance to the reality, if Trump started apologizing he would be doing nothing BUT apologizing...and for what? Because some snowflake is "offended" by something he said? Because some lawyer who stands to lose a lot of money attacks Trump and Trump...like anyone with a spine...attacks back?

No. Trump should NEVER apologize.

If you don't like what he says...don't vote for him.

I don't think he should apologize either....he's doing a great job of destroying his own chances of winning. I say, let him continue.

I was just attempting to look at it from a candidate's perspective and the common sense approach would be to apologize when your words offend, retract statements when you misspeak, and to be careful about whom you lash out at. I mean....we're talking about arguably one of the most powerful and prestigious political offices on the planet.......not sect of the high school Glee Club.

Didn't Bill actually apologize in a national address regarding his actions during the Lewinsky investigations? If I remember correctly he was even in tears when he did so. :lol:

But as I replied to another poster....this thread isn't about the Clintons. Please stop trying to deflect.

You only wish you could have Trump all to yourself without Crooked Hillary's duplicity being mirrored with Trump's political naivety! Good luck with that!

You only wish you could have Trump all to yourself without Crooked Hillary's duplicity being mirrored with Trump's political naivety! Good luck with that!
"political naivety"........interesting choice of terminology. Back the old days we'd just call it what it was........immoral, uninformed, divisive, unprepared, inexperienced, unqualified, rude, nasty, misogynistic, bigoted, thin-skinned, childlike, paranoid, conspiratorial, disingenuous, autocratic, authoritarian, isolationist, birther.......I could think of a few more, but I'm sure you get the point.

"political naivety"........interesting choice of terminology. Back the old days we'd just call it what it was........immoral, uninformed, divisive, unprepared, inexperienced, unqualified, rude, nasty, misogynistic, bigoted, thin-skinned, childlike, paranoid, conspiratorial, disingenuous, autocratic, authoritarian, isolationist, birther.......I could think of a few more, but I'm sure you get the point.

As it applies to Trump, it means he doesn't have professional writers creating poll tested scripts and putting them on teleprompter. A professional politician would have been advised that you can't negatively acknowledge a private citizen. Instead, you let your operatives gut him in the "breaking news" shows.

We are so accustomed to professional talkers, we are aghast when faced with a "citizen politician" who walked a different path than "getting elected again and again" like the professionals.

You like what they say because they spent a thousand dollars a word making sure you receive the correct impression when you hear it.

Don't feel special, you are still only treated as a "higher ape".

As it applies to Trump, it means he doesn't have professional writers creating poll tested scripts and putting them on teleprompter. A professional politician would have been advised that you can't negatively acknowledge a private citizen. Instead, you let your operatives gut him in the "breaking news" shows.

We are so accustomed to professional talkers, we are aghast when faced with a "citizen politician" who walked a different path than "getting elected again and again" like the professionals.

You like what they say because they spent a thousand dollars a word making sure you receive the correct impression when you hear it.

Don't feel special, you are still only treated as a "higher ape".
I've learned enough through the years not to trust the words of any politician nor of any fancy businessman......both are equally reprehensible.

That being said, sometimes its not so much what they say but rather, how they say it that makes all the difference. There's this little concept called decorum that I feel any serious candidate for POTUS should espouse.

Back
Top Bottom