• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why wont Trump apologize?

To each their own. Being given a merit-based award for something I didn't do anything to earn directly would make me feel hollow.

"Wow, Cardinal, you have a Congressional Medal of Honor!"
"Yup, I'm pretty proud of it."
"So what did you do? Save an army platoon? Foil a plot to take over the government? Single handedly defeat an ISIS attack on an elementary school?"
"Oh...haha...no. I bought it at a yard sale."
"A....yard...."
"A yard sale...yes."
"Huh."

Well, your "scenario" is quite entertaining...for fiction. But as a reflection of reality...not so much.

Well, your "scenario" is quite entertaining...for fiction. But as a reflection of reality...not so much.

It's a reflection of how I would feel being given a purple heart when I didn't serve in the military, certainly didn't see combat, and most absolutely certainly wasn't wounded for as a result of being in the combat I didn't experience after not enlisting or being drafted into the military. Having that purple heart would only remind me of the extraordinary sacrifice I didn't make. But I'm sure Trump is not like me, and if he doesn't toss it into the trash he may actually frame it and convince himself that his own sacrifice was as extraordinary as the veteran's.

There is nothing...except your bias induced belief...that indicates that Trump, as President, will work to his own advantage and not to America's advantage. There is every indication that he will use his skills to our country's advantage.
You're the one who pointed out that he had a history of working business deals to HIS advantage. Like that's some kind of honorable qualification. From my point of view, there's every indication that he will continue to do things to HIS advantage....since that's what he's always done. Past performance right? Isn't that the same twisted logic you're attempting to use in your anti-Hillary argument? So, why doesn't it apply to Trump as well? Double-standard maybe??

You ask questions that I already answered. If you didn't like my answers, why did you ask the questions? Were you expecting different answers?
On the contrary, I got exactly the answer I expected from you......nothing of substance.

I TOLD you...her past performance. What? Do you expect her to suddenly change? The lady has been in public service for decades and the thing she has serviced is herself.

In any case, you keep seemingly disagreeing with me, yet you provide no rebuttal. You just ask me for "more proof". Forget it. Deal with what I've already said...or quit wasting my time with your useless drivel.
So again, we should judge Hillary's ability to run the Whitehouse based solely on her past performance and past actions.....and yet somehow we should excuse all of Trump's past un-American actions, why? Because you say so? He's going to suddenly stop doing things to benefit his brand and start sacrificing his personal, greedy drive for success in order to serve the common good? What evidence is there to lead me to believe that's what he'll do? You got anything other than, that's what he says occasionally? ..........didn't think so.

Last edited:
It's a reflection of how I would feel being given a purple heart when I didn't serve in the military, certainly didn't see combat, and most absolutely certainly wasn't wounded for as a result of being in the combat I didn't experience after not enlisting or being drafted into the military. Having that purple heart would only remind me of the extraordinary sacrifice I didn't make. But I'm sure Trump is not like me, and if he doesn't toss it into the trash he may actually frame it and convince himself that his own sacrifice was as extraordinary as the veteran's.

I don't think I'm like you either.

Even though I've been in combat...but never have received a Purple Heart...if a LTC. who DID earn the medal, thought I was important enough or that I meant enough to him wanted to give me his, I would receive it with the same appreciation and gratitude that Trump did.

You, on the other hand, would probably have insulted that LTC by refusing the gift.

So it goes...

You, on the other hand, would probably have insulted that LTC by refusing the gift.

"Sir, I am humbled and honored that you would even consider giving such a thing to me as a gift. But I did not serve, I did not earn it and I couldn't possibly accept it, thank you for your service sir, truly *Hand Shake*".

So insulting I know, what a gaffe that would have been :roll:

You're the one who pointed out that he had a history of working business deals to HIS advantage. Like that's some kind of honorable qualification. From my point of view, there's every indication that he will continue to do things to HIS advantage....since that's what he's always done. Past performance right? Isn't that the same twisted logic you're attempting to use in your anti-Hillary argument? So, why doesn't it apply to Trump as well? Double-standard maybe??

Actually, his activity before his Presidential run IS an indication of the skills he is bringing to the table. But you haven't said anything that would justify your belief that, as President, he would use those skills only for his advantage.

Keep trying...you'll present something...eventually...maybe...

So again, we should judge Hillary's ability to run the Whitehouse based solely on her past performance and past actions.....and yet somehow we should excuse all of Trump's past un-American actions, why? Because you say so? He's going to suddenly stop doing things to benefit his brand and start sacrificing his personal, greedy drive for success in order to serve the common good? What evidence is there to lead me to believe that's what he'll do? You got anything other than, that's what he says occasionally? ..........didn't think so.

Hillary's history is primarily her actions while supposedly engaged in public service...which is exactly what she'll be engaged in as President. Based on her history, we can safely assume she will continue those actions she is known for. Unfortunately, she is known for some pretty despicable actions.

Trump, on the other hand hasn't much, if any, public service history...though he has extensive private industry history. As I've said...and as you have yet to effectively dispute...he has given no indication he will do anything other that what he says he'll do if elected. Basically, all you have is your bias-based speculation.

btw, what "past un-American actions" is Trump known for?

"Sir, I am humbled and honored that you would even consider giving such a thing to me as a gift. But I did not serve, I did not earn it and I couldn't possibly accept it, thank you for your service sir, truly *Hand Shake*".

And that LTC would have walked away shaking his head in disbelief that you had the balls to refuse his gift and try to feed him such a line of BS.

You would have lost a vote.

And that LTC would have walked away shaking his head in disbelief that you had the balls to refuse his gift and try to feed him such a line of BS.

You have no ****ing idea what would have happened.

Actually, his activity before his Presidential run IS an indication of the skills he is bringing to the table. But you haven't said anything that would justify your belief that, as President, he would use those skills only for his advantage.

Keep trying...you'll present something...eventually...maybe...

Hillary's history is primarily her actions while supposedly engaged in public service...which is exactly what she'll be engaged in as President. Based on her history, we can safely assume she will continue those actions she is known for. Unfortunately, she is known for some pretty despicable actions.

Trump, on the other hand hasn't much, if any, public service history...though he has extensive private industry history. As I've said...and as you have yet to effectively dispute...he has given no indication he will do anything other that what he says he'll do if elected. Basically, all you have is your bias-based speculation.
meh...your arguments are circular......and unsubstantial. Boring.

btw, what "past un-American actions" is Trump known for?
Oh, I don't know.......have you heard of the H2-B visa program? Probably not, why don't you google it and add the name "Trump" to the query and see what you come up with.
(1) How about how Trump has championed the H2-B program and used it to bring cheap immigrant labor into the country to do his work instead of hiring American workers?

(2) How about how he's outsourced labor to China, India, Bangladesh, and Mexico to make his products?

(3) How about how he praised the "strength" of the Chinese govt for their massacre of unarmed students in Tiananmen Square...which Trump called a riot.

(4) How about his apparent bromance with autocratic thug Vladimir Putin?

(5) How about his dismissal of union workers in NY working on Trump Tower and his replacing them with over 200 illegal Polish workers...who also sued him because he never paid them.

(6) How about his verbal attack of veteran, war hero, and former POW John McCain for being a "failure" because he "got shot down."

(7) How about his verbal attacks against the family of a decorated soldier killed in the Middle East?

(8) How about his claim that he'd dump our NATO allies?

Okay, I'm tired.. If that's not enough, then sorry....you're right I guess and he's just a wonderful Patriot who's always acted and spoken in the best interest of Americans and our allies. :roll:

Oh, I don't know.......have you heard of the H2-B visa program? Probably not, why don't you google it and add the name "Trump" to the query and see what you come up with.
(1) How about how Trump has championed the H2-B program and used it to bring cheap immigrant labor into the country to do his work instead of hiring American workers?

Legal

(2) How about how he's outsourced labor to China, India, Bangladesh, and Mexico to make his products?

Legal

(3) How about how he praised the "strength" of the Chinese govt for their massacre of unarmed students in Tiananmen Square...which Trump called a riot.

No worse than Obama insisting that Iran is a country that we should trust.

(4) How about his apparent bromance with autocratic thug Vladimir Putin?

Ridiculous spin

(5) How about his dismissal of union workers in NY working on Trump Tower and his replacing them with over 200 illegal Polish workers...who also sued him because he never paid them.

Trump didn't hire them...a contracting firm supposedly did. Trump was sued and resolved the suit in a quite American fashion: He settled.

(6) How about his verbal attack of veteran, war hero, and former POW John McCain for being a "failure" because he "got shot down."

Oh...so having an opinion and expressing it is now "un-American"?

(7) How about his verbal attacks against the family of a decorated soldier killed in the Middle East?

And now defending one's self against a strawman attack is "un-American"?

(8) How about his claim that he'd dump our NATO allies?

He didn't claim he'd dump them. He said he would make them pay their fair share instead of taking advantage of us. I consider that the opposite of un-American.

Okay, I'm tired.. If that's not enough, then sorry....you're right I guess and he's just a wonderful Patriot who's always acted and spoken in the best interest of Americans and our allies. :roll:

Yeah...you should stop while you are ahead with your ridiculous examples of what it means to be "un-American".

Legal

Legal

No worse than Obama insisting that Iran is a country that we should trust.

Ridiculous spin

Trump didn't hire them...a contracting firm supposedly did. Trump was sued and resolved the suit in a quite American fashion: He settled.

Oh...so having an opinion and expressing it is now "un-American"?

And now defending one's self against a strawman attack is "un-American"?

He didn't claim he'd dump them. He said he would make them pay their fair share instead of taking advantage of us. I consider that the opposite of un-American.

Yeah...you should stop while you are ahead with your ridiculous examples of what it means to be "un-American".

We're done. You've obviously indulged in the Koolaid and are now a good faithful servant of the master. Congratulations and good luck with your baseless defense of such a horrible man. You mentioned that you have an ex.....I do as well.....if true, then you if anyone should know that one must be careful who or what we marry ourselves to.....whether spouses, ideas, or candidates. We may find out it wasn't all we'd hoped and dreamed it would be in the beginning.

On a side note, I at least leave this discussion with the unbiased ability to see just how disgusting both candidates are. I refuse to defend either on the basis of their character. Believe what you will....but you can't make that same claim.

We're done. You've obviously indulged in the Koolaid and are now a good faithful servant of the master. Congratulations and good luck with your baseless defense of such a horrible man. You mentioned that you have an ex.....I do as well.....if true, then you if anyone should know that one must be careful who or what we marry ourselves to.....whether spouses, ideas, or candidates. We may find out it wasn't all we'd hoped and dreamed it would be in the beginning.

On a side note, I at least leave this discussion with the unbiased ability to see just how disgusting both candidates are. I refuse to defend either on the basis of their character. Believe what you will....but you can't make that same claim.

I don't blame you for not wanting to defend either candidate. Heck, you can't even defend your own rhetoric.

btw, I don't want to marry Trump OR Hillary. I just want to elect one of them for President. (and not the other)

I don't blame you for not wanting to defend either candidate. Heck, you can't even defend your own rhetoric.
By "rhetoric" I assume you mean, "the uncomfortable FACTS about Trump that you simply refuse to accept"?

Thought so.

Ha! Hillary is a very flawed candidate....too much corrupt baggage. That's why I will not vote for her either. But this thread was not about Hillary, it was about Trump. Like it or not, she's more composed, reserved, and much more comfortable in the political arena. While Trumpsters rail against that, and shout "See, she's establishment......an insider!" the fact remains, governing IS POLITICAL by nature. What, you think if Trump gets elected, every other world leader and every other elected official in Washington is somehow just going to stop playing the politics game and bow to Trump's faux "authority"?

Question: Just how much policy do you expect your master to push through without politically "greasing palms" and playing the politics game?? What fantasy world do you guys live in? :lol:

Hillary is a lot of things but composed, reserved, or comfortable ain't among them.
Imagine her without handlers to write her material or the media to write the reviews of her delivery.

I'm no big Trump fan either but I know Hill & Bill are probably the most corrupt couple, on a global scale, that we've seen in our lifetimes.
I see no benefit to the world in putting them in the White House to further enable their drive for money & power.
Just knowing what she & Bill were able to do for themselves using her SofS position should have opened a lot of eyes.

So it comes down to the least bad of the two. After 30 years we know how one of them operates. That's enough for me.

By "rhetoric" I assume you mean, "the uncomfortable FACTS about Trump that you simply refuse to accept"?

Thought so.

Perhaps you should look up the definition of "facts".

Believe me, it isn't "I believe it, therefore it's true."

LOL!!

Trump is a clown. Speaking off the cuff, saying whatever comes to mind without scrutinizing it while checking from where the political wind is blowing, that is the one thing that actually makes him somewhat endearing.
I rather take ten of his bloopers than the non answer lies that come from Hillary's preprogrammed mouth.
Don't worry, I won't vote for either, so stop the thought right there and reconsider your answer.

Trump is a clown. Speaking off the cuff, saying whatever comes to mind without scrutinizing it while checking from where the political wind is blowing, that is the one thing that actually makes him somewhat endearing.
I rather take ten of his bloopers than the non answer lies that come from Hillary's preprogrammed mouth.
Don't worry, I won't vote for either, so stop the thought right there and reconsider your answer.

I agree with you.

Whatever anybody thinks about whatever Trump says, one can be sure that he is being honest about what he says. As you say, Hillary doesn't say anything that hasn't already been carefully considered in light of political impact and if necessary, she'll pre-construct lies for any situation the deems necessary.

But for me, Trump is acceptable...I even think it's possible for him to be a good President...so I don't mind voting for him. The lesser of evils.

I agree with you.

Whatever anybody thinks about whatever Trump says, one can be sure that he is being honest about what he says. As you say, Hillary doesn't say anything that hasn't already been carefully considered in light of political impact and if necessary, she'll pre-construct lies for any situation the deems necessary.

But for me, Trump is acceptable...I even think it's possible for him to be a good President...so I don't mind voting for him. The lesser of evils.

Pragmatic voting is exactly why we have horrible choices and are in the predicament we are in now. If we continue settling for "the lesser of two evils" we're sending a message to egomaniacal buffoons like Trump and Clinton that they are "acceptable". Someone, someday must take a stand and say "no more."
8cab6b0b9b340573a6bdccc88dfdedc7.jpg

Pragmatic voting is exactly why we have horrible choices and are in the predicament we are in now. If we continue settling for "the lesser of two evils" we're sending a message to egomaniacal buffoons like Trump and Clinton that they are "acceptable". Someone, someday must take a stand and say "no more."

Sorry. I have to disagree with Mr Sarvis...and with you.

The last President we've elected...two times...was not the "lesser of evils". People actually thought he would be a good President. And when they found out how lousy he was during his first term, they did that thing that indicates insanity...you know...they did the same stupid thing expecting different results.

The result of that dumbassery is this "ever-increasing government interference" that Mr. Sarvis mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom